New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Of Light, Life and Liches

Harin

Finished donning his new saintly armour, Harin reclaims his sword and flips out his wings, ready to take to the air.

"So then, I will take the scouting role. What direction am I scouting in?"
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Orrum

Were he not one who walked the Iron Path, Orrum would have smacked a palm to his face in frustration. This was pointless; these people were doomed to die, just like anyone else. If it was their destiny to do so in this place, he could not tell, but it was not his place to shepherd them like this. This was madness! Leave it to humans to panic and flee the second they heard a loud noise... they were worse than goblins! Shaking his head slightly, Orrum prepared to bring up the rear of the column... at least from there, he'd be the first to encounter whatever was to come.

Spoiler
    Show
    Orrum currently has Stoneskin active. Freshly cast. 80/90 (it was cast before the level up) points.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

The survivors carry on and with much confusion slowly start to form into line, their meager belongings packed.

Orrum in particular notes that the able bodied are at least helping and protecting the elderly and children among them. Several of them bearing whatever crude weapons they've been able to scrounge, but few have legitimate swords and axes, most are armed with cudgels staves that were once tent poles and kitchen knives.

The NPC wizard (henceford the hedge wizard Robist) tells Egan Radley that he knows little in the way of combat magic, but what he has he will use to help (spells light, Magic missile, wall of fog, flaming sphere, Web)

One of the men, a guardsman, helps get everyone organized, but it still takes several busy frustrating minutes to get everyone ready to go.

(granting you a few moments to decide upon a destination.)
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2009-05-12 at 03:08 PM.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

Matthias knows that what his group doesn't know can hurt them. They need information.

"In or out..."

He turns to Harin. "Take to the air, look toward the center of town and tell me what you see. Hurry!"

The next part is contingent on whether Harin agrees to do it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Harin is agreeable, Matthias will once again climb the barricade while Harin ascends - the better to relay whatever information Harin shouts down, and to get his own look at the goings on, of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Harin isn't agreeable, Matthias grunts out to Radley. "Just a minute." He will then proceed to climb anyway and figure out what's going on.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2009-05-12 at 11:19 PM.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Orrum, in the interest of being ready for action, would like to ready an action to cast Fly, to better enable himself to move around the large group of people. Contingency: If the threat appears to be airborne, Orrum will not cast Fly, but will instead do something else.

Orrum hefted his warhammer, runes glowing brightly on either side of it. By appearances, these people were at least ready to protect themselves... no. Orrum corrected himself silently; they were ready to protect those who could not protect themselves. This was good, he felt; it showed strength of will, and closeness of community. His stony countenance showed nothing; no trace or telltale mark of emotion or thought. Perhaps that wasn't the abjuration he had cast, but that was left to discern later. He did not trust this "Egan Radley"... but he would assist, so long as they did not leave the city. Shifting his weight impatiently, he called out to the human "lord".

"Master Radley! What is your plan?"

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hehe, I finally did some digging through the thread to find the NPC wizard's name (Kherhenn as it turns out) and you went and changed it No problem, Robist works for me.

Anyway, Abyss, I just wanted to check and see if these statistics for the citizen band are still correct, or if you're modifying them at all:
    Spoiler
    Show

There are roughly two-hundred twenty citizens all told, twenty of them are ill or unable to move very well. Fifty children, mostly watched very closely by their parents. One hundred people could be called unskilled labourers. There are twenty very good trades persons... and only thirty trained militia.

When Radley gets to construction supplies at long last, Kherhenn is quiet. "Not tools per se, we've been able to improvise an edict of 'gouge out your fingernails digging, or be eaten to fuel a hole of another sort. Take that for whatever meaning you find.'" He doesn't smile, it's more like a flinch, and he pointedly avoids looking you in the eyes when he says this.

Number of Refugees: 220
    Number of City Militia: 30
    Number of Experts: 20
    Number of Unskilled: 100
    Number of Children: 50
    Number of Infirm: 20

One Captain per Five Militia acting as a squad leader to a few men, and there are two Adjutants per Three Captains to coordinate with the Chief; this person acts as the overall militia leader in the district. Probably there was someone to report to before the tragedy.

Radley shakes his head. "Well, Master Orrum, for the sake of our companions' goodwill I think we shall not make our march to Edgil. Roostwell Manor has been a stronghold and a sanctuary to me many times before... I can share hospitality with these spirited folk."

If others agree, then it's down the main street deeper into the city, which Radley will indicate by pointing. Of course we should probably await the return of our aerial scout.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

7. - Top - End - #517

Flumph

@Another_Poet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His name is obviously Robist Kherhenn.. yeah knew all along He was just being familiar after all that's happened.

And I was kind of going on the descriptions (both GM and player), the stats on the refugees are fine as is, though it's possible a few extra stragglers may have wandered in or there was a few extra survivors found. but that is pretty much what you are dealing with, just one of the "captains" *(shouldn't they be seargents.. and every 5 is a bit much...) was helping the organizing.

And I do appreciate you helping me keep stuff somewhat in line with what came before, I read the thread fast, but my "memory of events" is far from perfect. If you see anything else I would appreciate being told if I'm changing stuff (so at least I'll be doing it on purpose).

Anyone getting a better view of the area from height (weither it be from flight or taller building) sees
    Spoiler
    Show
    The city looks pretty trashed, but looking through the streets there is one apparent odd thing, there is no movement, no shambling zombies, no flies around the fallen corpses, no corpses at all in fact. The occasional dried pool of blood on the ground and the broken in doors attest that the city has been brutalized, but everything is now quiet and perfectly still... eeerily so
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2009-05-13 at 02:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Harin

Sheathing his sword Harin takes to the air, actually enjoying the wind rushing across his face. As he gains altitude he knows immediately that something is wrong. There was nothing but rubble and ruins in all directions. Even his keep eyes could not detect even a single corpse, nevermind an undead. This was not right, even for this scenario.

Coming in to land next to Matthias he speaks quietly so as to avoid the ears of the refugees. "Something is wrong. There is nothing either living, dead or otherwise anywhere in the city. The entire place is deserted. I fear we may have allowed our foe too much time during our debate."

Floating down to Radley he pulls him aside and asks "you are an Arcanist. There is no movement in the city and I do not believe it is coincidence. Could the Lich know our plan through some kind of scrying spell, because I fear we are walking them into a trap."
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

Matthias nods slowly as Harin delivers his message, and closes his eyes to think. No undead rampaging, no more looting, no further destruction. He's finished with the town or playing a new game...

Matthias swiftly comes back down from the wall and stalks over to the group, and scratches behind Forge's right ear as he talks. "He's right. The city is a ghost town - with no ghosts. Although it occured to me that we may be thinking about this the wrong way. Zombies and what have you would be stomping through the streets if they were out of control, or animated by circumstance; but if Darvis has direct control over all of them, then he may have issued more specific instructions - they could be hiding under every intact roof, in the sewers, in the castle, guarding key choke points, or even out attacking other towns or kingdoms."

Matthias adjusts his hat. "There's no way to know from the air, and that's our big intelligence advantage. I'm beginning to think Darvis may have left, though where he could have gone is anyone's guess."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Radley
    Spoiler
    Show

Robist Kherhenn... good thinking! I like it :)

Radley considers both reports, and tries to answer Harin's question.

"The difficulty with scrying is, we didn't even know our plan until just a few seconds ago. It actually seemed more likely we would go to Edgil, for a bit.... I suppose some kind of divination spell could have predicted our path, but it would have to be powerful indeed to know what we would choose before even we knew."

He ponders. "It could be illusion... but that would be another high resource spell. I tend to agree with Matthias. His agenda must lie elsewhere... why else would he use holding tactics against these citizens he could so easily have crushed? He must be on the war-path!"

He tries to keep his voice down, but the excitement/shock in his voice is noticeable.

"If the rest of you are still willing, let us take these citizens to the manor house and get them some rest. If Darvis has left, all the better for their sake, and we can plan there; if his troops are still about, we shall discover it shortly."
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-05-13 at 09:19 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Orrum

"...you have access to a potentially fortified structure, but thought it better to make a plan revolving around exposing the people here to open country, where they're even more defenseless than they are even here?" A note of disbelief echoed in Orrum's words, audible even over the grinding and rumbling undercurrent caused by his spell. Orrum's flinty eyes stared at Radley then, and though he didn't say anything, Orrum could feel in his heart that his distrust in the man was a very real thing.

"Let us make haste then... if there are indeed no undead to be seen, we should make good use of the graces afforded by their absence. If they are merely hiding..." Orrum lifted his shield and began to advance, "Then let them come."

Spoiler
    Show
    Orrum will begin walking in the indicated direction for Radley's villa... and will be definitely keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

Spot: (1d20+1)[15]
    Listen:(1d20+1)[15]

12. - Top - End - #522

Flumph

As the survivors and the party start to move through the empty city, tensions seem to rise. Some of the survivors seem to be getting jumpy at the slightest of noises (from their fellow survivors tripping mostly, the suroundings remain entirely too quiet) This continues for more than half the way there.

Orrum, paying close attention does finally hear something. It sounds like a soft, constant "thump, thump" sound coming from the interior of one of the more intact homes you've passed.

About the same time toward the front of the procession ahead in the distance, a toppled fruitcart, with spilled several day old wares, harbors a souce of concern, a very large rat, feasting upon the spoiling fruit, despite the approach of the large number of survivors, it seems it is going to defend it's newfound bounty, even from a literal army.

What's everyone doing?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    Orrum

"...you have access to a potentially fortified structure, but thought it better to make a plan revolving around exposing the people here to open country, where they're even more defenseless than they are even here?"
    "Even a rich home is not a military fortress, and one deep in enemy land is hardly a comfort. I favour intelligent decisions, but I'll accept your suggestions as well."

When Radley hears the thumping he tells the civilians to keep walking and pay it no mind. "No one leave the column," he commands. "Forward now, as quick as you are able!"

Upon seeing the rat he raises his rod and asks one of the aerial scouts if there are more beyond the cart.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-05-15 at 02:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    To nitpick, Orrum heard the thumping... I don't know if Radley also heard it, but I'm going to post in accordance with what the DM stated, and inform him anyway.

Orrum

"There is something concealed within the buildings, Radley. We should prepare ourselves," Orrum stated calmly; for his part, he continued to advance, though he kept a watch on the doors of structures that opened out to the streets, as well as on the alleyways, if there are any.

Perhaps Radley could befriend the rat as well; the man seemed so *sure* of himself, now that he had his own militia, rag-tag and haphazardly equipped as it was. The thumping, however, was constant. As if something were simply repeating a motion, over and over again. This piqued Orrum's interest, so he made his intention known to the group, despite what Radley had said.

"It could potentially mean more survivors, or perhaps provisions, if that cart is any indication. The structure appears intact; I will investigate."

With that, Orrum strode to the building, taking a moment to look it over, attempting to discern how stable or intact it was...

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'd like to make a Stonecunning check if the building appears to be composed mostly of stone. If not, ignore it. I'll be doing the roll in the OOC thread, as this is a sudden afterthought, and you can't edit rolls into a post. Orrum will then approach the door, taking care to make another Spot and Listen if necessary (I'll leave those to the DM), and have a readied action to cast Searing Ray should a threat reveal itself.
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2009-05-15 at 10:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

Flumph

@ Orrum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the door, you do hear the noise slightly better, though still muffled, a very regular thumping noise, slow but constant. The building appears remarkable intact. (it's a two story irregular cobblestone affair, a dwarf might not think of it as properly made, but neither would one be embarassed by it's construction) No structural damage to speak of, though reaching for the door handle you do see scuff marks on the door, like something slammed into it a few times. You also note some windows, with a bit of difficulty you peer into one, in the direction of the thumping. Inside you see a wrecked living area, behind which you see the source of the noise, a decomposing zombie inside the home, resolutely bumping into a cupboard against the wall as if trying to walk through it towards the center of the city.

The Column of Refugees comes to a stop, apparently afraid the rat might be something greater than just a sizable rodent. Several of the guardsmen ready their weapons and inch closer, but hold waiting for one of the adventurers to make the first move on the rat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

((Sorry, I didn't realise only you heard it))

Radley lets the dwarf go. To the militiamen he says, "If you have bows or crossbows, let loose - we should not engage it hand-to-claw."
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-05-16 at 08:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The following post assumes that the rat is an animal, and identifiable as such, if it counts as "vermin," the Matthias will happily pull out his crossbow and waste it with everyone else and this post can be ignored.

Matthias interjects, "Ah... Let me try something first."

Raker moves forward to the rat, spurred on by the same impulses that made him take on a wild wolf as a companion. Unfortunately, his long experiences and associations, however adversarial, with the undead tend to make all life forms nervous, and he only hopes he has the same success here that he did with Forge. He moves to within 30 feet of the giant rat and the two begin to study each other...

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting Wild Empathy on the rat - despite Matthias's abominable charisma, his WE check is still good enough that he can't make the situation worse - in addition, WE only takes one minute, instead of the ten minute diplomacy.

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + Ranger Level (10) + Charisma Modifier (-2)

Check Result: (1d20+8)[12]

Edit:

After about a minute of careful observation, Matthias glides back over to the group and pulls out his heavy repeater. "Nevermind, just kill it."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2009-05-16 at 10:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528

Flumph

@Matthias:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It does indeed appear to just be a normal, living rat, Although it is a bit on the large side. From your empathy you feel this thing is about as ornery, angry and stubborn as a creature can be.

One of the guardsman takes a few steps closer and points a crossbow at the rat, fires, the shot is clean and the bolt skewers the rat. The rat gives off an angry hiss as it dies, then goes still.

Then a moment later to the Horror of everyone watching you see the rat begin to spasm around and continue moving. It starts to chew through the shaft of the crossbow bolt...

The guard who killed it takes a few reflexive steps back as he watches the zombie rat attempt to free itself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Orrum turned from the window then, hustling back to Radley's side.

"The creature is just mindlessly walking into a cupboard... as if it's being drawn *strongly* toward the center of town," Orrum's stony features showed a brief flash of concern as he gestured with his warhammer, "If you know a route to your home that we can use as an alternative to going straight through the center, we should take it." The Dwarf paused to look at the spasming now-undead vermin.

"We should take it now, if possible."

Regardless of what Radley says next, Orrum leaves the direction of the citizens to him, and strides over to the rat, pinned to the cart. Gripping his weapon tightly, he attempted to crush it before it could escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know undead are immune to crits, but can I still coup de grace it to hit it automatically? I'll roll anyhow, just in case you'd rather it be against flat footed, prone-penalized armor class.

(1d20+9)[28]
    (1d8+4)[11]

If allowed extra rounds, Orrum will continue to smack the critter until it's re-dead.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

For all I know my house is at the center of the city. DM ruling?

kn local to figure out the best route - (1d20+6)[9]

21. - Top - End - #531

Flumph

@Another_Poet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your villa is at the west of the town, not close to the center of the city, but in the higher end of the merchant quarter. You can think of several ways going up the western side of town, to stay well away from the middle areas.

The zombie rat dies (again), squashed by the first blow from Orrum. The bits twitch for a moment before going still though... very disturbing, though not really much of a threat.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2009-05-18 at 10:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Radley considers asking Orrum if he's sure the centre of the city is the bad area. But he'd rather not converse further with the dwarf. Instead he wearily pushes onward toward the best side-route toward his villa in the western quarter of town.

"Mind the rat, please don't touch it or put it in your mouth, hands and heads inside the caravan please..."

He almost seems to be trying to lighten peoples' spirits, but perhaps it is just the exhaustion at work.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Harin

Watching from above he sighs to himself, "truly that was an epic battle. I hope none of the civvies fall, I would hate to have to kill them."

When the caravan resumes he continues his search of the horizon.

OOC:
    Take 20 on Spot and Listen (assuming I'm not under threat) = 27 each.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Orrum

Orrum, for his part, continued the march walking beside Radley. It wasn't out of friendliness; Orrum wanted to keep an eye on where Radley was leading them. The Dwarf remained silent as they walked, the only sounds he made being the rustle and clink of steel plate, of iron-nailed boots grinding over the cobblestones.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll assume that for the purposes of skill checks, those of us on the ground don't get the luxury of taking 20. But here are new checks for our walking time.

Spot: (1d20+1)[20]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[4]

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Matthias

Matthias calls to Forge, keeping him from picking at the rat. He continues to walk with the caravan, looking for signs of trouble.

26. - Top - End - #536

Flumph

@Harin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    High above the city, you don't see anything outwardly threatening as far as the horizen, however as time goes on you find yourself increasingly uneasy, not so much as a bird flying in the distance marrs the perfect stillness, the wind itself seems stilled and waiting for something. You also find it odd that despite the relative sunshine and fresh air, you can't see as far into the distance as usual. Maybe a 5-10% reduction in visability, not safety threatening, but certainly odd, almost like the sky was dimmer than it should be on such a sunny cloudless day.

You continue through the eerily quiet city. There aren't any further obstructions, and after another half hour of walking, you all find the limited safety of Radley's home.

Though the front gate is open and there are no signs of anyone present living or otherwise... The Survivors start setting up in the compound immeadiately, many of the guards climbing up onto the walls to keep watch as soon as you arrive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Harin

Harin lands next to Radley once everyone is within the compound. "Does this place have any magical defences? If not I could device a makeshift shrine to Kord, and Consecrate it to weaken any undead that manage to make it through. It won't be much, but it might allow them to hold out a little longer."

Then speaking to his peers (ie. the LichSlayers) in general, "from the air I could see no movement within the city, not even a single bird. By now the carrion beasts should have moved in, but even the sky itself seems dimmer, as if it is fortelling the end of this land."

(He obviously makes sure they are out of earshot of the civilians before speaking.)

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Harin
    "Does this place have any magical defences?
    Gooooood question. Wanda?

er, I mean, Abyss?

Radley is dismayed to see the gates open. "Poor fools..." he whispers sadly to himself.

To Harin's mention of a shrine, Raldey chuckles. "My friend, you know me well enough by now to know that I have no use for the gods or any other lord who isn't willing to come and lead their kingdom in person. But I believe strongly in the powers of positive thinking and arcane magic. If you want to build an oversized wand and call it a shrine, I will surely appreciate the protection."

As soon as he can get away he will begin to tour the house room by room, looking for any sign (living, dead, or undecided) of his former household staff.

He takes Kerhenn with him, since the man is the de facto leader of the citizens, and points out all the rooms they can use, where to get extra linens from, etc.

"I'm sure there aren't enough beds for everyone but let's try to keep people inside and out of the courtyard if possible. We'll spread the militiamen out two men to each large room when they're off duty from the walls. Doors between interior rooms are to be kept shut. Anyone can pass between rooms but they need to knock three times slowly to prove they're alive before the door is opened. Give the militiamen instructions to bar the doors on any room that has undead in it, even if there are living in it as well. That rat became undead immediately upon dying. If any of these folks has a heart attack... well, we'll have an outbreak on our hands. Hence the three-knock passcode."

He opens the kitchen to everyone, giving what stale bread is left to them freely. He also puts out a sack of flour and tells them they can make dough if they want, and there are plenty of nice herbs to add to it. But he keeps the pantry and food cellar locked and tells them they need to ration. "I'll open it once a day and we'll bring out a share of food. Anyone goes in other than me, we put you outside."

He issues kitchen knives, hammers and any any other potential weapons to the citizens and tries to get everyone armed. He trusts in their own paranoia and anger; if anyone turns undead, or breaks into the pantry, justice will be swift.

The only other rooms he does not allow access to are his own suite, the wine cellar, and the vault in the wine cellar that he does not mention.

The other adventurers are welcome to share his private suite with him, including Orrum, and he'll volunteer it for a makeshift war room / office / refuge from desperate pleading eyes. Groban and Kerhenn are allowed in as needed also.

Oh yeah, and he gets a nice big tablecloth with his owl logo on it and hangs it over the courtyard like a heraldic banner.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-05-20 at 09:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539

Flumph

@Radley:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No magical defences to speak of. For reference with the number of people your supplies, if rationed will probably last about 4 days, maybe 6 if you really stretch it.

As you all look around, you see signs of murder most foul, in several places blood and signs of a struggle mark the floor. No signs of victims or perpetrators of course. Of note is that all the doors appear perfectly intact.

Just as your setting up in the new "War-room" you hear a percing shriek, of the variety that denotes hysteric terror and a young female as the source. (sounds like it was from the linen closet).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Orrum

Orrum, who'd stayed near Radley as the man was issuing orders and making plans, had only interjected briefly that, "The knock ought be rapid. The lone zombie in that house was thumping slowly against the cupboard, and I heard it from the street. Any such determined attempts to move through doors could likely sound similar to the sound of a slow knock."

When the piercing shriek tore out of the nearby closet, Orrum immediately spun about; he'd been about to ask if Radley perhaps had any maps of the city, but... this seemed pressing. Gripping his warhammer tightly as he lifted his shield a little, the Dwarf moved to the fore, motioning for someone to open the door for him; whatever manner of threat lay within, if it was even such, would be meted out swift justice for what had befallen this city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to charge whatever is in the closet, should it appear to be a threat. I'll do my attack and damage roll in the OOC thread should that be the case.

Spot check (when the closet is opened): (1d20+1)[7]