New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Creative Writing Showcase

http://jack-of-spades.deviantart.com/

I have some stories there titled A Long Journey.
    They're posted chapter by chapter so tot see chapter 1 you have to view my gallery.

Basically, I took a DnD campaign that I ran, and I wrote it down. I had to change some things to make it appropriate as a short story, but the dungeons, the traps, the monsters, the PCs are all the same. It's all there. Basically they're excorting a girl named Trisha across the land to rescue her brother from a wizard's tower.

So, if you like it's I'd like to know what you liked. Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've got something I'd like to display.
    What if every political leader died in one massive assassination?
    What if the world was ruled solely by the one called...Magtok?

http://libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3407
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2006-12-29 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Markova's Lament

Not a short story, but not really anything else. Done when I was very tired.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Here's a link to all my stories and what-not: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/531764/

Warning: Violence, language and crude humor lie ahead.

5. - Top - End - #35

I have a blog, http://www.crazystalkerguy.blogspot.com where I am writing about three stories concurrently, updating twice a week. The tabs will allow to read any of them from the beginning. The untitled Dragon story is the longest, it's about modern day half-dragons. The story updating the most right now is called City of Mages, and it's a fantasy story kind of inspired by Dungeons and Dragons, but also very much with it's own rules. Please comment if you read it.
    GENERATION 18. The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Project:

My Creations:

Check out Vote up a Power!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

The ongoing side-quest of Umolka, by Thayan Talontar in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

Questing

For more, if you're really bored, please look at the website in my signature! And please, PLEASE don't edit it.
    Lawful Evil Paladin of the Miko Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel Talona's Kiss!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

http://intotheaether.tripod.com - Some fantasy short stories, recently updated and added too!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

hi i am a writer, and don't really want to post, but (hope i picked the right thread) want to talk to other writers about writing and being a writer and stuff, if i picked the wrong thread, please let me know... peace!!

SG

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Creative Writing Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_Cats View Post
    Site here and the first two chapters here (PDF)

A warning now; these pages do include themes of violence and some implicit sexual violence.

Half of me whats to publish it properly and the other half wants to put it up online chapter by chapter (and there are many more chapters) like a webcomic and include a donations button...

Dude that was amazing, Do post another link when you have written more please!

10. - Top - End - #40

*Disclaimer: It's not my fault that the message board posting system doesn't believe in indendations.

Fresh off the presses to be turned into my Creative Writing class tomorrow (err, well, today), you can read one Chicago cop's take on turning into a vampire -

"Eric the Red"
    Spoiler
    Show

Eric stood there, staring at the sink mirror, trying not to think about it. He turned on the faucet and splashed water in his face, flinching slightly at the initial sensation. What did a little discomfort matter to him? He didn’t deserve comfort. Not after what he’d done…again.
    “Honey, are you almost done in there?” A voice called from the other room. “Supper’s ready.”
    Sarah, Eric had almost forgotten about her. How could he forget about her? He had to protect her…from himself?
    “Yeah, I’ll be there in just a sec ‘hon.” He called back. He looked again into the mirror, and blinked in surprise. Was his reflection not there?! Of course it was there, he was going crazy. He hadn’t done anything. It was just another disgusting dream, always a dream. He couldn’t believe the ravings of that old hag.
    Eric came out of the bathroom, pulling himself from his reverie. There was his beautiful wife Sarah with a wonderful meal prepared for him. She looked concerned for him, always concerned for him. “Was it a rough day at work today?” she asked.
    Eric realized how sternly he was looking at her, and forced himself to smile. “Oh, not at all,” he said, “just a lot of paperwork today,” he lied. He hadn’t even gone into work today. He didn’t get many sick days as a Police Officer, but he’d called in today. He had to find out what was happening to him…was anything happening to him?
    A baby cried in the other room and Sarah sighed, “Oh well, that’s good then. Amanda’s awake, so just start without me,” and with that she went to go check on their baby.
    Eric looked at the food in front of him. Rice…chicken…beans…all looked delicious, but why didn’t any of it appeal to him? That old woman wasn’t right, she couldn’t be!
    Instead of going into work today, Eric had gone down to an obscure Asian district in the city, same as any other back alley Asian slum, back to where he’d lost a night when pursuing a perp on foot. He’d blacked out and couldn’t remember a thing, showing up at home the next morning. Turned out there was a wide-scale search for the guy he was after. No one had even noticed he was missing. But in that district when he’d gone back, an old, toothless Asian had screamed in fear at him…gave him some sort of sign against evil. He flashed his badge and talked her into calming down, but she claimed to have other reasons for doing so, said that the sun was her assurance.
    Eric laughed at his own stupidity, an old, toothless Asian woman giving him a grave warning against evil? How many bad movies had he seen start like that? Still…the woman told him, told him he’d been having dreams. Told him he’d dreamt of killing…that he’d dreamt of feeding. He had, but he denied it. She said he’d been touched by death, and if he knew what was good for him he’d leave all those he loved and cared for behind before he became their undoing.
    Eric shook his head. There was definitely something wrong with him, but not something as ridiculous as all that. He should’ve gone to see a doctor, a real doctor, maybe even a psychiatrist, about the dreams and desires he’d been having. There had to be an explanation for it. Stress, maybe. A Chicago City officer was not an easy job. The weather was bad, the people were worse. He lived in a nice suburb, but the district he worked in was another story.
    Sarah came back into the room holding Amanda. Eric’s fears melted away at the sight of his little daughter. “Honey,” his wife said, “I told you not to wait for me.”
    “It’s okay,” he said, “I didn’t mind.”

Such a precious little thing, a baby, it’s so full life, and so full of energy. They don’t have as much lifeblood as a fully grown being, but they taste so…fresh. Eric smiled as he picked the sleeping child up, licking his lips at the anticipation…
    Eric bolted up in bed in a cold sweat. What was that supposed to be, a nightmare?! Crazy old woman and her stupid stories, he couldn’t get these ridiculous thoughts out of his head. Hurt his own family, like he’d ever do that! He looked at his sleeping wife, he’d never harm her. He loved her. He’d protect her, protect her unto death. He’d said so in his wedding vows. He meant those words when he said then and he meant them now. He’d never taken such vows for his daughter, but she was his own flesh and blood! Why was he even thinking about this? He couldn’t sleep anymore, he had to get out.
    Eric got out of bed and threw on some clothes. Where would he go? Maybe just on a late night drive…going outside, though, his car just didn’t appeal to him. He didn’t want be trapped in a metal box. The night air was soothing; he’d go for a walk instead.
    An hour, two, Eric didn’t know how much time had passed before he finally stopped and looked around. Trees? There wasn’t a light in sight. That was the funny thing about Chicago suburbs; Forest Preserves, undeveloped areas, fields, such rural looking places mingled in with the heavy industrialization. “You’ve finally come,” a smooth, silky voice nearly purred out behind him.
    Eric spun around to see a tall, pale-skinned woman with long, jet black hair dressed in small, seductive looking dress. What was she doing wearing that out here? “Who are you?” was the first thing he could think to say.
    Her face nearly lit up at his question, “Oh, you wouldn’t know that, would you?” She came almost un-comfortably close and slowly stroked the back of his head down to his back, “Poor baby wouldn’t remember.” She stopped and looked him right in the eye, “You can call me Serefine, Eric.”
    “How do you know my name?” Eric demanded.
    “Oh, I know many things,” she responded, “A name as old as yours should be easy to remember.” She smiled slyly, “I hope you like old things.”
    Eric didn’t know why, but he was feeling a compelling attraction to this woman. Once she’d looked him in the eye, he couldn’t look away. Every curve, every motion, he was drinking in her sight. His heart was beating rapidly at his situation…or was it? It was beating strongly, but slowly. Eric broke himself away from her falling flat on his butt, “Get away from me. I have a wife, I have a family!”
    Serefine frowned at him, “Oh, you’re not ready yet,” she stated dejectedly. “But soon,” she went on, her voice picking up fervor. “Come back to me tomorrow night,” she said as she herself drifted off into the shadows, “You’ll find me then again. You have to.”
    Eric sat there breathing heavily for a few minutes, or maybe it was longer than a few minutes, he didn’t know. He looked about himself one more. He just wanted to go home.

Eric walked up to his front door, Finally, he thought, I’ve been walking for hours. He didn’t even know how he’d found his way back home. Instinct, he supposed. But he was here, and that was all that mattered. He glanced at the rising sun in the distance before going inside. It nearly gave him a headache; it seemed so bright this morning.
    Going in and to his room he found his wife sleeping as he’d left her. She looked beautiful lying there, her honey-blonde hair splayed across the pillows. He decided not to tell her what’d happened, it didn’t mean anything. Eric sighed and fell down straight to sleep.

Eric woke with his wife feeling his forehead, “Honey, you feel so cold,” she said, “And you were gone when I fed Amanda last night. Did you have insomnia?”
    Eric groggily looked up at her, “I think so. I don’t feel so good today, ‘hon. I think I’m going to stay home.”
    She looked at him worriedly, “Well alright. I’ll call in for you. Amanda and I are going to see the Doctor today. I’ll see you when we come back for our nap.”
    Eric nodded at her before falling back asleep.

His wife was there again when he woke up, “You didn’t tell me you called in sick yesterday too,” she said, “You must be really feeling out of it.”
    Eric looked at the window, it was almost night time. “I just let you sleep today. I’ve got some chicken soup for you here. Cheesy, I know,” she said with a smile, “But it always worked when I was a kid.”
    “Thanks, ‘hon,” Eric replied, and took the bowel from her. She set down a glass of water on the nightstand next to him and left him to eat. The soup tasted warm, it was delicious, but somehow not what he was craving. Eric rebuked himself, not those stupid thoughts again, that old woman…that young woman…had any of that even happened? He was feeling pretty out of it. He might’ve dreamt the whole thing. Eric shivered, he was pretty cold too. He’d definitely call the doctor tomorrow.

Eric gazed at Sarah’s long, elegant neck. She was sleeping again. He wasn’t. She smelled delicious. He ran his nose across her face, taking in her scent. He put his mouth on her neck, and bit. He was sucking in her wonderful lifeblood. Since when could he do that? He didn’t care, he was in Heaven.
    Eric’s wife woke up, and barely garbled a scream. Eric’s eyes widened in shock and he jumped away from her, releasing her sensuous neck from his lips. What have I done? He thought, What am I doing?! He stopped himself again, as he noticed himself slowly creeping towards her. His baby cried in the other room, reminding him of the dream he’d had the night before. He wanted to continue it. Eric closed his eyes and fled, fled his house, fled his life, fled everything. This wasn’t Heaven, this was Hell.
    When he opened his eyes again, he saw Serefine. “WHAT’S HAPPENING TO ME?!” he yelled at her.
    “There, there, baby,” she said to him, rubbing his back again, “It’ll be alright. Has my child had his first kill, or does mommy need to find him some milk?”
    Eric didn’t know why, but he trusted Serefine now, and she was comforting to him. His face collapsed in her shoulder and he cried, “I just want the sun to come up, and everything to be alright.”
    “Oh no dear,” she replied, “We can’t have that. You’ll find the sun will hurt more than just your eyes now. It’ll hurt your skin, burn your face. We needn’t worry about such a nasty thing as the sun. But everything will be alright. You’ll have fun, with me.” She picked up his sobbing face and looked at him “Your lips are red,” She scolded, “How dare you not share with me, Eric.” She kissed him then, coldly, deeply, passionately, licking up all the remaining blood. “Come, I’ll show you where you can find some more.”

And since I'm posting, why not? The last short story I did for my class -

"Faking Life"
    Spoiler
    Show

“No, I love you more,” said John, doughy eyed and puppy voiced holding his beloved Cassandra.
    Kelly heaved a sigh of annoyance, they were at it again. She almost wished they hadn’t met, her two best friends in the world. Not that she had any sort of romantic interest in John herself, but there was only so much of this lovey-dovey nonsense one could take.
    “Can we get a move on, guys?” asked Kelly, “I’d like to finish this today.”
    Cassandra gave Kelly that distracted I’m responding to you but thinking about something else look that she hated, “Oh Kelly, don’t worry about it. We’ll get there when we get there.”
    Kelly sighed again. They were supposed to be going to the court house, so these two love birds could get legally married. They were still going to have a wedding, they said, but the two just simply, “couldn’t wait that long to be married.” Kelly didn’t really care one way or the other. If you are going to do something, get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. That’s what got her through college and law school and the job she had now, not dawdling about. These two annoyed her, but that’s what she loved about them. They were both, together, everything she wasn’t.
    Cassandra and John gave each other one last kiss and grabbed their things, finally ready to head out the door. Together, they left the apartment Kelly and Cassandra shared, soon to return and make an apartment all three of them lived in. It would be close quarters, but they knew they could handle it. Despite herself, Kelly was a little bit excited. Sure, these too almost irked her out of existence sometimes, but she always knew they’d end up together, from the first time that she’d met them both.

It had been a chilly October morning. It got that way in Maine sometimes, and Kelly was thoroughly not enjoying it. She was a very punctual person, but the cold always slowed her down in the morning, especially when she was used to warmer weather. She couldn’t be late, though. She had a very important meeting with a client to be at.
    Hopping into her Lexus she jammed on gas to pull out of her parallel parking space, looking her face and hair over again in the rearview mirror. That was her mistake, though. She shouldn’t have been so distracted. Pulling out of her space she heard a distinct ‘thump,’ and all the warmth seem to suck out of her face and heart right then. Oh my God, she thought, did I hit someone? Shocked, Kelly stumbled out of her car and found a woman standing there, perfectly fine, looking over her shopping cart full of food and…things. Kelly wasn’t sure what half the packed greenery was supposed to be, and the dreamy dark haired woman standing there looked like she’d come straight from the peak of hippie style in the 70s. The cart had left some scratches on Kelly’s car, but that was a relief after thinking she’d just run over somebody. “I’m so sorry,” she said to the owner of the groceries, “My name is Kelly Carlson. I’ll pay for all of this, I promise. I’m just so glad I didn’t hit you.” Kelly realized, she wouldn’t be making her meeting.

Cassandra was greatly amused with the sharply dressed lawyer woman who seemed obsessed with making up for knocking over her cart full of produce. “Is there anything else I can do?” She went on, “I shouldn’t have been so careless. I nearly killed you.”
    Cassandra shook her head yet again, “No Kelly, I’m fine. These were just some things. They’re easily replaceable. Look,” she said, presenting herself with her arm for dramatic effect, “No harm done.”
    Kelly had a stern look on her face anyway, however. “No, there must be something I can do. Do you have a place a stay? I mean, you look like…I mean, oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I don’t mean to say anything bad about the way you look.”
    Cassandra gave a little laugh, “Oh, this? This is just something I found at the thrift store the other day. I like trying out different styles whenever the mood strikes me. This old look is fun. And anyway, I’m certain I’ll find somewhere.”
    “You mean don’t have somewhere to stay?” went on Kelly.
    “Well, not at the moment,” replied Cassandra.
    Kelly gave a decided nod then, “Well then, that’s it. You can come up to my place. It’s right here. Stay as long as you need, I don’t mind.”
    “You don’t have to,” said Cassandra.
    “I do,” continued Kelly, “Though actually, I just realized I don’t even know your name…and where were you planning on taking all those fruits and vegetables?”
    Cassandra paused for a moment, thinking that over, “I don’t know,” and remembering Kelly’s other question, went on, “My name’s Cassandra. You can call me Cassie.”

John was ecstatic to be free of that wench. Two years with the most uptight, demanding bitch queen known to man can do that to a guy. He had no idea why he’d stayed with her so long…Vanessa, bane of his happy existence on Earth. But it was over now, and he couldn’t be happier. The only problem left in his life was his job. His utterly unbearable job at what he considered the most evil law firm on Earth. But then again, he considered them all evil. He didn’t know why he’d become a lawyer. He liked philosophy in college, and it seemed to make sense at the time. From the moment he stepped into law school, he’d known it was a mistake, but it didn’t matter now. He was going to quit.
    John had planned to tell Kelly, a co-worker, just that tonight when he met her for drinks. She was the only one he liked in that hellhole, and they’d been passing acquaintances during his entire stint there, though not friends per se. But he figured he might as well get to know the one other decent person there before he left for good. He wasn’t interested in trying any more relationships right now, it wasn’t like that. He just thought it’d be nice to get to know someone new.

Kelly was relaxing at a table at the ridiculously posh and expensive bar she’d agreed to meet John at when he walked in. She’d always enjoyed his company. She was glad, for now, for the opportunity to get to know someone new, even in an overly lavish place like this.
    John saw her and came on over. “Hey,” he said, “got room for another?”
    “Open chair’s yours,” she replied.
    John sat down and a woman was there in an instant, asking if they’d like to order any drinks. They both ordered and boldly entered into the wild realm of acquaintance small talk. “So I hear you gave Smitherson a run for his money the other day when he tried to tell you how to run your own case.”
    John chuckled, “That joke of a man? I don’t know. I don’t usually pay much attention to Smitherson’s little power games. After awhile you just start to think, why does anyone care who’s in control of what? It’s not like they’ll make much more on top of there obscenely large salaries in the first place, just gain more hectic, brutal responsibility.”
    Kelly was taken aback by John’s abruptness, but couldn’t help but laugh. “You’re right, but I don’t think you can survive at that firm long if you don’t care at least a little.”
    “I agree,” said John, “you probably can’t. I didn’t. Well, won’t.”
    “What was that?” asked Kelly.
    John chuckled, “I suppose it’s a little odd, finally getting to know you more the night before I quit. I’ve been planning it for awhile now. I’ve got no obligation to be at the firm any longer than I have been at the moment, and I hate it there. I’m leaving.”
    “Leaving?” asked Kelly, surprised at the notion, “But how can you be leaving? What will you do? How will you live?”
    John seemed to pause for a moment, considering the question, “I don’t really know,” he said. “I haven’t really thought it out. But why limit myself to just being a lawyer? I’ve done that for years now. It’s boring. I can’t believe I’ve done it for so long, there are so many things out there to do and try. I’m sure I’ll find something to do, hopefully here in the city.”
    Kelly shook her head in amazement, “That must take a lot of courage. You remind of someone.”
    “Oh?” said John, “someone extraordinary, I hope.”
    Kelly smiled, “Somewhat. My roommate, I’ve been living with her a few months now. I…ran into her, so to speak, in front of my place one morning on my way to an appointment I found out I must’ve imagined in the first place. I spent the entire day with her then and we’ve been living together ever since. Maybe you’ll meet her some day.”
    “Maybe,” John said.

So there they were, the three of them, approaching the Portland courthouse when the Semi Truck hit them. It was still hard for Kelly to think about that day, to think about the entire preceding year, even, because of what happened after. She woke up in a hospital bed, with hardly a scratch on her. The doctors told her it was a miracle, but she demanded to see her friends. She was bewildered when the hospital staff told her, “…there was no one else in the car.” Kelly didn’t believe it. Cassandra and John, they were there with her in the car, she knew it!
    It was harder than she’d at first expected it to be to try and track them down. Everyone at the firm denied that anyone named John had ever even worked for them, and Kelly soon realized she knew next to nothing about Cassandra other than that she was a runaway who’d set out to make her own way in the world apart from her parents at an early age. At least, that’s what Kelly thought she was.
    Panicked about the situation, Kelly took off from work and even hired a private investigator shortly after leaving the hospital to help her find her friends, but it didn’t take her long to discover the truth. In a sense, Kelly had always known it, but she didn’t want to believe it. Who would? The evidence, however, was undeniable. Her landlord, bartender at the place she, John, and Cassandra frequented, and all the other people she encountered at least weekly besides her old friends confirmed it. Their things were in her place, the private investigator found financial records saying she’d bought them. Cassandra’s favorite perfume was in her bedroom, Kelly found herself wearing it. The appointments Kelly always had whenever John and Cassandra were out on a date, Kelly almost cried when she realized she’d never gone to one of them. She’d never even had any of them to begin with. John and Cassandra never existed.
    Kelly’s world came crashing down around her, sucked into a vortex that didn’t exist. Who could she talk to about this, her friends? How did this even happen? Where did their lives end and her life begin? Did she even have a life before this? She’d always wanted to be a lawyer, hadn’t she? She remembered going to law school, working hard to be the best…she remembered going to law school and hating every minute of it…she remembered running away from home determined to see and do everything her parents didn’t want her to. Who was she? Was she even real?
    A month of this madness, and Kelly couldn’t take it anymore. She bought a gun. Maybe she’d find out how real she was.

p.s. Steal from me and I will hunt you down and murder anyone and everyone you have ever loved. Plagiarism is bad, yo. Have a nice day!
    Last edited by AmoDman; 2007-03-09 at 05:25 AM.
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Dude that was amazing, Do post another link when you have written more please!
    At the moment, I am releasing a new chapter on the first monday of each month. When I was on form, I was getting a chapter out every week, but I have real-world concerns holding me back. Chapter 8 is up, chapter 14 is written. That means that there will be at least another 6 months before I run out of chapters, assuming I get no more writing done.

I worked for a while on creating this setting for D&D 3.5 but re-writing the magic system proved a little more of a challenge that I had expected. I will never complain about D&D's magic system again...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

I will post something. There is some harsher language and violence. You have been warned.

Click here!
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Long ago, none dared stand to face the grave threat posed to our lands. All who dared stand were cut down before our eyes. Hope fled from us, and the hearts of all people were crushed beneath the great yoke of fear and tyranny. But there were some who fled, only to gather strength for the storm that drew nearer and nearer. No one spoke that day, when our strongest and bravest left us to seek the great Master, who would show us our way to freedom. Years passed, our hope, long abandoned was left broken and shattered. Our seeker was returned to us. He was dead; He had been attacked and overcome by the blades of our tyrant’s army. We knew that he stood alone, and had been cut down as a weed. Our wrath grew stronger than what we could control. We had been under our tyrant for forty years, and never once was there any hope of peace. We had suffered long and hard under our tyrant, and we knew at once what we must do. Rather than face our lord and captor openly, we sought a shrouded way, a way long last. Our new way was one that should not have been unearthed, as we learned fast the error we had made. We faced a destroyer of our own hand, the created force of our own wronged hearts. Our tyrant laughed at our attempt, as we were scattered by our own power, our own force, and our own tool. We would be forever slaves to our tyrant, as our own power would never be enough to restore us to the freedom we sought. But, we found that slavery was not our true fate, as our seeker was not truly dead. He had found the great Master, and our beloved Master was truly none but the Master of All. Our seeker showed us the way we must walk to earn our much sought freedom for the tyranny of our land. Our freedom was not to be real upon the land, but real upon our hearts. We would bear our tyrant for many seasons to come, but we were told that our seeker would come back to us, a flame of hope and renewal. At that moment, our tyrant would fall, and our people would be freed forevermore. No longer would we suffer at the hands of a tyrant’s cruel servants. No longer would brothers be taken as slaves. No longer would our sons and daughters face the horror of murdered parents. No! Our people had learned to hope anew. Strange concept, our hope; where none can be found, death holds sway, but where hope has come to stay, peace stands tall. Our tyrant had taught us the value of hope, but we had long left hope abandoned and unfed, but when our seeker returned to us, we took hope anew, a bold flame to carry our blood above our foes. Our challenge was met by the blades of steel forged by the flames of hatred and jealousy. Our tyrant, to our shock, and our great fear, was none but ourselves.

^ A writing challenge to avoid using the letter I.

Death of the Immortal

Spoiler
    Show
    What is this? Blood? My Blood? It's been so long I'd forgotten what it looked like. If I am bleeding, this must mean that the curse is lifted. I'm dying. At long, long last, I'm finally dying. I thought this day would never come, that I'd been condemned to life immortal. I did deserve it though, for I certainly was guilty of the greatest of crimes. I had absolute power! Civilization bowed before me! I was God! None dared oppose me, and as consequence my power continued to grow. I, the embodiment of evil, prepared to conquer heaven itself. Alas, my power failed me, on the edge of ultimate triumph. Woe to me, the fool who challenged the creator himself. I was put on trial, in his courst, the souls of all I'd slain surrounded me on either side, and in the centre of it all, a light, purer than any I'd ever seen streamed forth. I could not bear it, and it penetrated to my soul. Out of that light, a voice came, louder and clear than the greatest king.

"You stand charged with the ultimate crimes, You have slaughtered the innocent, oppressed the poor, cheated the orphen and the widow, and you have sought to seize MY throne. The blood you have spilled cries out to me for your death. However, I am not without mercy. Your sentence is that you shall be bound to life forever. You may be released from this curse when you have repayed your deby."

I knew in my heart that this was a debt that could never be repayed, and yet here I lie, my lifeblood spilled upon the ground, for what, a mere boy? Why after these thousands of years am I finally released? The Creator has kept his word to me, yet how? I have not repayed my debt, all I have done is saved the boy. What is so special about him?

The light comes! That terrifying voice speaks: "You have been released, Wanderer, for you have repayed your debt in full."

In full? How? All I did was give my life for anothers.

"Your debt is paid, not by your own acts, nor by your heart. Your debt is paid because the boy has taken it upon himself."

No! This cannot be! He is an innocent, spare him from my curse! Release him! I demand it!

"I cannot. His is a willing sacrifice, and I am bound by my will to honour that. He will live forevermore, never tasting the sting of death. The boy is my Son! You need no longer worry of his path. Your journey ends here. What was once the greatest of curses, has become my greatest blessing. "

I do not understand. How can my curse be a blessing?

"Life is a curse to the dead, as death is a curse to the living. You have long been dead, only sustained by my will. Now, Seeker, my servant, it is for blood you have been cursed, and it is by blood you have been redeemed. Be Released!"

Poems of the Hero
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/1832108/1/
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2007-03-17 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Fixing challenge piece

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

You used a couple I's in there Eldritch
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Master Axel View Post
    You used a couple I's in there Eldritch
    Only three. Fixed now.
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2007-03-17 at 01:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

This is the first 45 lines of a story written in my language. I have provided translations.
    LO!
    Aereshaa: Ubuntu user, C programmer, incompetent student.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, I'm pretty new to writing fantasy stuff and this is the start of my third try (I'm not sure if the spoilers will work or not, it's isn't it, so I'll just post the first bit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hearing the roar of the monster, as if there were a thousand lions behind him, Samuel ran. With a terrifying howl, the monster burst from the seam, its mere presence engulfing the nearby trees in black flame. Suddenly, a blazing wall of fire materialized in front of him. Frozen by fear, Samuel stopped running, and turned to face the horror that was chasing him. As he laid eyes upon the terror, and was reduced to nothing but a pile of ash, one word fell from his mouth "Demon".

Feedback is welcome

Awesome Fayt Leingod Sigatar by Vael! Vael gets a cookie (::)!

18. - Top - End - #48

Well, I have my ninth chapter up online. Not sure it is any good any more, but I have it up for perusal.

check my signature...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok this is the seond part of my story:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jack awoke in bed, sweating like a fountain. It was the third time that week he had had that dream. The word still lingered in the air, as if it was mocking him. “Demon, Demon, Demon!” It whispered. Rising from his bed, he walked to the window to see a red sky, even though it was long past sunset. Returning to his bed, he sank fitfully back into sleep. Somewhere else, a battle raged.

Elma blocked the blow of the Behemoth, as she heard two others fall on either side of her, plunging her moon-blade deep into it’s chest, she flipped over it, pulling her blade out the other side. The Behemoth toppled, landing on top of her, but she passed right through it. Suddenly two Skysingers dropped from the heavens, screeching and diving through she and her comrades, and crashing to the ground. Her fellow War Students, Alex and John, leapt towards them, crushing them with their greathammers. Appearing as if from nowhere a small, rather cute rabbit hopped up to her. She glanced at her comrades, and, finding them busy, started circling round the rabbit. It looked exactly like a normal, white bunny rabbit, except it had horns where its ears should’ve been. Unexpectedly the rabbit’s fur started to change colour. It changed from white, to grey to a deep, blood-red. The rabbit then changed forms into a small gremlin, which grew fangs, trying to sink them into her flesh. Brandishing her longsword, she batted the Gremlin aside. Noticing Alex had finished off the Skysinger, she beckoned him, while trying to keep them Gremlin’s focus on her. Alex stabbed forward, obliterating the Gremlin, as Elma relaxed. “Nice” she said “But I get the kill” Hearing a thunderous noise from over the hill, and fuelled by anger Alex tensed “What?!” yelled Alex “But I was the one who killed him!” The noise grew louder as Elma replied “Ah, but I was the one who distracted hi-!” Suddenly, a huge sharp, pointy leg, sundered the earth between them, as they saw what had made the noise. A huge spider-like monster, with long fangs and a face like a screaming baby, stormed over the hill, plunging a second leg through John whose shape fizzled and disappeared. Angered but scared Elma ran, as Alex turned to fight. Alex, cutting off two of its legs, flipped onto its head, and plunged the spear-handle of his hammer into its giant eyes. Abruptly, the two de-attached legs writhed and turned into snakes, which hurtled towards Elma. Grabbing one of them, she bashed the second with it, and her longsword, cutting off the head of the first snake with when she finished. With new strength she sprinted back towards the horror, only to find it stabbing its remaining two legs into Alex. “Alex….. Nooooo!” she yelled as she threw herself at the monster. Leaping at it with all her might, she was frozen I mid-air, by the voice of her coach emanating from the monster. “Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu Looooooooooseeeeeeeee!” he yelled at her, as she de-materialized, and was sent back to the classroom.

Sitting up, Elma removed her Training Visor. “Why’d you remove me from the simulation?” “That’s the rules!” barked the coach “No back-up, no training” “But I could ha-““THE RULES!” Grunted the coach furiously. Elma. Alex and John retired to their rooms, with Elma fuming.
    Feedback very welcome!

Awesome Fayt Leingod Sigatar by Vael! Vael gets a cookie (::)!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Just to shamelessly pimp myself because time was working against me in the Iron Author contests, I have put both entries up on my site and would love any kind of critiques regarding them!

Link's in the sig.

Cheers all!

Carl
    Into the Ćther - Fantasy Short Stories.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I might as well link to this in the knowledge that no one here will actually read it

Right now my only writing is Les Journals d'Artois - an AAR (After Action Report) based around the game Crusader Kings. It reads as a narrative/diary account of political maneuvering in France during the Hundred Years War. I post here as no knowledge of the game or history is actually necessary to follow the travails of our hero Jacques d'Artois as he endures miserable exile in Brittany.
    The Omnians were a God-fearing people. They had a great deal to fear.
    -Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

A poem I wrote:

Spoiler
    Show

Roll of Thunder
    Roll of thunder.
    Hear my cry.
    Come to me.
    I touch the sky.
    Fire turns the sea to salt
    When he makes her boil.
    Farmer turns the seed to life
    With all his work and toil.
    Wolves howl loudly,
    Fierce into the night
    Eagle’s screams pierce my heart
    When he starts his flight.
    Hoof beats pound from
    Canyons into the hills.
    Though the people left there long ago
    The walls remember still.
    Storms they brew in darkness
    On thunderbird’s cries,
    Summoned into tempest flight
    Across unguarded skies.
    Last edited by Dancing Nomad; 2007-04-14 at 01:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40915

The start of a story by me, might be finished someday (If people like it enough)
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

24. - Top - End - #54

NecromancerGirl

Several of my short stories are posted Here and I always welcome comments. Mostly fantasy, but I'm branching out to sci-fi as well.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shattered. This is the prologue to a longer piece I'm working on. I submitted it to a writing contest at school and found out yesterday that I'm a finalist (), but haven't heard any feedback on it. Critiques would be much appreciated. I'll probably post any future parts on the web somewhere else to avoid the language filter. Warning: Violence and language, PG-13 at least.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...96#post2413196

Here is something I have written as well, I don't have a title yet and so far have about three chapters out and am working on the forth. It may not be very well but I thought I would see how I rank either way. Comments would be appreciated.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Poetry of a confused wind, the vapid ramblings of madmen...
    Spoiler
    Show

One night a-wandering they went,
    graceful Rose and he,
    from hither to yon their footsteps they went,
    from lost to found and here to gone,
    they wayward feet they lent.

Over fallen leaves they lightly stepped,
    ranging far and laughing under boughs of green,
    over roots and ferns they flew and lept,
    where nothing stirred nor spake,
    for beast and man both slept.

Dew-speckled they laughed and raced,
    through the quiet, shadowed wood,
    by red curls her face embraced,
    Rose laughed longer than the boy,
    whose features his quiet smile graced.

On running Rose had gone,
    into woods dark and lonely,
    until to a shallow grave she came with no name upon,
    where she would sleep,
    until again the moon had com and gone.

He turned and drifted from the wood,
    until to the lichyard he had wandered,
    where over mark-ed grave he stood,
    and read the stone and wept,
    for it was mark-ed, but held naught but stone and wood.
    Custom avatar by Vael
    Nexus-R.C. Mina gives the best compliments ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

To read a text that "Methodical Meat" has writ
    Is no easy feat, but it shall be well worth it
    For the flames of his spectacled genius
    Delve deep into you and many neurons it hews
    And asunder them rends
    And once more mends
    Methodically he arrays them again
    His readers' brains,
    From meaty stains
    New seeming, and better than before
    He leaves his readers better than before!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question, how are you suppost to post you stuff if you DON'T have a web link to it?

Spoiler
    Show
    DRAGON

O dragon where did you get
    those teeth so sharp.
    And that tail so swift.
    Where did you get thy
    Armor so great and shining.

O admirer come closer so I may tell you.
    My teeth are swords.
    My tail is a spear.
    And my armor will resist all mighty in
    sorcery or steel.

O dragon your voice so charming.
    Your wings so great and strong.
    And Claws as mighty as an iron maul.
    The Fire inside you waiting to strike.
    O dragon tell me thy answers to all.

O admirer kind is thy tongue to me, how can I resist.
    My voice it is a song bird withered in deceit.
    My claw rips mountains and trees with ease.
    My wings are light so I may fly unseen by all eyes in the deadly night.
    And my breath is death.
    O admirer I have told you my answers to your question
    leave now in knowledge and do not return.

O dragon one more question for you:
    do you not have a hoard of gold?
    O mighty dragon answer this question for me

O treasure thief I tell you not and you shall never know.
    foolish too it was to ask that, now I must smite you down.
    O admirer, O treasure thief come closer to me.
    Come to your death O admirer, O treasure thief
    Doom is upon you, O admirer, O treasure thief.

29. - Top - End - #59

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3502287/1/

Adventuring for Dummies, a D&D Comedy Adventure based on some ideas for characters and things that are a little to embarrassing for me to use in a real game. It's a decent showcase of my writing style (though I'm a lot more careless writing it than other works, simply because I'm enjoying it more – think of it as my extended guitar solo) and in my opinion the most fun thing to read I've ever written. Hope you enjoy!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3502287/1/

Adventuring for Dummies, a D&D Comedy Adventure based on some ideas for characters and things that are a little to embarrassing for me to use in a real game. It's a decent showcase of my writing style (though I'm a lot more careless writing it than other works, simply because I'm enjoying it more – think of it as my extended guitar solo) and in my opinion the most fun thing to read I've ever written. Hope you enjoy!

LOL! hehehehehe...