New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

Aresk

Aresk being a god of magic, battle, light, and Justice, was well, ready for the fight, and merely waited for his opponet to make the first move.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

A deep frown creased Barins steel and iron face, he looked up, and saw Tion creating the birds. He could read his intent easily enough, and he spoke up angrily. Begone you pest, this has nothing to do with you. You have no place in this fight, take your creatures with you or they WILL be forfeit.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"I shall not leave my freind while you're still here. Without me their is nothing stopping you from intefering. You ask me to go, they you must go yourself." Said Tion. "I am not intefering with this fight and my creatures are not pests, they are great beasts. Created to celebrate the victory."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin sneers, not fooled for a second. Much as I would love to put an end to Aresk I shall not interfere unless he continues with his attacks on these innocents. And you cannot fool me, I see the predator gleam in your eyes and the eyes of your winged monsters, if I leave or drop my shield even for a second, you will slaughter these mortals. I cannot fathom why you hate them so much, but its not my place to know or care, merely to stop you. You are free to stay, but if you or your freaks interfere, know that you will suffer the graces of Axebite he lifted his axe, its sharp metals gleaming in Aresks light, leaving no doubt of its deadly abilities.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

With the approval of the Champion of the God of War, the emmissary departs to send summons to the cultists. Those priests from nearby communities with wander out into the wild to provide aid to the Scorpion King's minions.

They would launch a shadowy war against the followers of Aresk, hit and run attacks, poisoning of food and water supplies and assassinations. Of course they would also aid the army of Sesketh in healing and the creation of unlife should the need arise. Each temples cultists acts as its own group, alone and disconnected from any higher command structure to keep the enemy off balanced and to allow Vesper deniablity.

The duel barely interested Vesper, he could always replay it later by reaching into the minds of one of his followers. Now, he thought he would take some of the advice of "the eternal lover" and sample the more simple pleasures of life. Returning to the world posing as a mere human(or whatever race dominated the area) he enticed select females of the community to lay with him. He was not picky, selecting both young maidens and old wenches, poor and rich, nor did they all worship him. He did not reveal he was a god to most, except when honoring the most religiously devout of his female companions.

With time, they would give birth to children, his children. Appearing normal in nearly everyway they would have a small spark of divinity within them making them more than human and somewhat exceptional. No matter there nature they would hear the calling of Vesper in their minds and deeds, he had no doubt that they would all become great exceptional men and women, priests and warlords furthering his dark goals even if they did not know it. Perhaps, one child would prove exceptional and he would become the Champion of Vesper. Only time would tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"Trust me, if we could tell lies you ewould see I speak the truth." Said Tion sighing. "I do not want to intefere with this duel, this is no war, so the person I want to win should win."

"Though lord of trhe desert I hope you are not destroyed and merely defeating allows for the winner to create a treaty of peasce."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The damned Paladin wouldn't make the first move, it seemed. The Scorpion God was getting restless. He was obsessed by the thought of plunging his claw into the tender flesh of the god of light's neck.

Sesketh lept forward. First, he used his whip to try and disarm his opponent. At the same time, he uttered a single word of power to call upon Slow Death's magic. A symbol appeared in the sky over Aresk's head. The symbol of weakness he cast was designed to only affect his opponent and not the mortals and angels at his side.

Then, he followed with a swipe of his scimitar.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk stands in front of the god of war, his blade of moonfell, drawn, and in full blaze mode, he himself glowing like a small sun, and muttering incantations underneath his breath, wiating for the fool to attack.

Aresk dodges deftly, and relaeses his ipent up mystic energy, it was a spell of great mystic power, desingd to rid a spell of its power, and in some cases even destroy artifacts. (mordinkaidens disjunction.) the god of light, saw through the dirty tactics of the god, and after destroying the symbol, brought up moonfeel using a blade as a shield, and with a flick of his wirst, and a upturning of his blade, he put pressure, on the gods wrists making him VERY hard pressed to keep the blade in his hands. (its a disarming technique.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-14 at 04:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artures sighed internally. War. The Desert Lord and the Wolf King. Ensi fought, it was true, and of course Aresk was upset. The Eternal Lover had tried to cull the desire from the Rastulian tribes, but Love sometimes inspired indulgence, and even the Rastulians fought sometimes. but war, that was really too much. Artures had gone among the camps of both sides, and many of the warriors, fearing early death, had desired the pleasures of the flesh. Fewer had desired Love. Because the death they feared was real. Death would soon come. Their souls would be cast out from their bodies. And so Artures did make a decision.

The Eternal lover went to the fugue plain. The fugue plain was the same everywhere one place as good as any other. An so this was as good as any other place. Artures opened a gate into the new realm.

Artures strides in, as new petitioners will, through a grand gate located in the fugue plane. Inside the gate stretches a long wide drive made of a single piece of beautiful marble with gold and gems seamlessly integrated to emphasize the bas-reliefs which flow along the path. The left side of the gate and path is decorated with images of genitalia, and all manner of creatures engaging in intercourse, whereas the right is decorated by fair beings, primarily of the intelligent races, lovingly talking, caressing, or enjoying some peaceful pastime.
    To either side of the path their stretches an expanse of plant life. To the left is dense jungle and forest, with soft meadows and flat rocks providing trysting places. To the right is a carefully cultured garden, with gravel paths and stepping stones. The carefully pruned and flowering trees drop no leaves, and petals do not linger on the ground. This area casually interspersed with statuary, as well as with benches and divans for lovers to sit and enjoy each other's company.
    At the end of the path is a vast three-winged mansion, surrounding a courtyard paved in the same manner as the path, and in it's center is a great fountain made of sculptures of thousands of lovers. It is one piece with the courtyard and path, as are the walls of the manse. These walls are adorned with the same prevalent themes as the path, gate and fountain, though it is also full of myriad windows so that those within may gaze out. The roof is unique, as each shingle is a great mortal work of art describing Love or Lust in some way.
    Inside the mansion, the decor is much the same, though it all revolves around the purpose of the rooms rather than existing solely for existence's sake. The central wing contains the throne of Artures, which will rarely be occupied, and the grand dining hall, which will rarely be empty, yet will never completely fill. To either side of these are private rooms devoted to some leisurely purpose. The wing to the side of Love has many similar rooms, furnished with fine chairs, and often fireplaces or some form of game, and occasionally a bed. The wing of Lust is full of rooms decorated in wildly different manners, but always with a spot where an amorous couple or group can stop for a quick fling.
    Behind the Mansion is a city, the styles of architecture and design flowing across the city, from the desert buildings of the Ensi to the mountain dwellings of the followers of Stormthorne. All these buildings are grand, yet familiar, and Petitioners may live in them as they will.

((This isn't in the fugue plane, btw, just the gate is))
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2008-08-14 at 05:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso decides that it was time he have a home of his own. Thus he swims through the gate he had created and entered the Plane of Water. Going to the center of the plane, Uso creates a grand city and fortress out of magically strengthed coral.
    After the city had been constructed, Uso needed people's to populate it. And so Uso merged man and fish to create the merfolk. Some he set to live in the city, and others he took back to the world to live with the tritons.
    But still something was missing. Uso needed a creature that would be able to enforce his will upon those that trespassed upon his waters. Having seen the size of the tarrasque, Uso decided he would need something similar. And so he set about creating a race of gigantic people similar to the merfolk. With the lower bodies of a giant squid, and an upper body resembling a humanoid, the kraken was covered in thick scales that would act as armor. Able to survive in even the deepest parts of the ocean, these would be his enforcers and protectors of his other children.
    Pleased with his work, Uso decided it was time to see what the others were up to. He arrives in time to see the two gods engage in battle. Smiling at himself he makes himself comfortable and begins watching.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Sesketh dropped the blade to the ground but hit Aresk with his pincers and stinger with great speed.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk screamed in pain, as he elt the pincers sink into his flesh, his armor proving almost useless against the pincers, and stinger.
    Gritting his teeth through out the apin, and lifting moon slayer high hold the gods pincers inside his flesh divine Ichor begginging to ooze from his mouth, and stomach, he brought the blade down upon the tail, and pincers of the god attempting lceave the two in twain.
    He then realeased his grasp on the pincers, and began to chant words of great power.
    "Morcanth, Basar, INFERI!"
    and a ball of holy energies floated above him guided by his hand, he aimed it at the god of war, a look of cold determination in his eyes.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The Ascendants flew to engage the angels.

Meanwhile, Sesketh tried to release his pincers but got one of them cut off before he could move further away. He let out a horrible scream.

Then, Aresk hurled a ball of bright white light at him. Sesketh immediately moved out of the way, leaping from hill to hill to escape the blast. The ball did it the earth, but the explosion was so strong that it blew Sesketh away. The mighty Scorpion God crashed into a sand dune.

He looked back at Aresk, full of anger.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk began shining like an intensely bright sun his own form immolated in holy fire, in the small amount of visibility ANYONE other then him could make out, they saw an even brighter energy radiating off of his blade, as he charged with amazing speed at the prone god using his great sword reach to do a intensely powerful jumping strike, and the blade approached the gods throat, Aresk obviously intending to go for the kill.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-14 at 06:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Fortunately, Sesketh wasn't completely blinded, as his eyes had particular properties. They even seemed to absorb light and create shadow.

"You won't destroy MY legacy, Aresk!"

Sesketh was getting ready to move at the last second, even if that meant having his stomach opened, just to get the chance to cut Aresk's head off with his pincer.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Feeling with his power where Sesketh had last been, and finding Sesketh, Barin shifted himself between Aresk and Sesketh. Barin raised his shield, and it blocked out the light (yes, it can do that, it can block anything, even things it physically should not be able to, such as light or gas) He raised his shield and his axe, prepared to meet Aresks blade. He roared his anger at the foolish god, and poured his divine might into stopping Aresks attack. He was determined to stop this senseless bloodshed.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Now here's where the conflicts coem into play, we have a god trying to decapitate me from behind, a God who moved in between the two of our death blowsd, and is currently intercepting them both.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk watched as the god blocked his blow, the shield it self blocking his holy light, and hiding the dark one in darkness, it was thern he realized the TRUE motives of this god, for those who protect evil, are evil themselves.
    And he raised his hand a invisble force attempting to grab Barin by the throat.
    (An Epic version of telekinesis, force choke style.)

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin twisted the false-light gods blade aside, he felt the force on his throat, unfortunately for Aresk he was going to find it harder than he would think to crush his throat. He did not just LOOK like metal, he WAS metal. As Aresk tried to compensate for his bodies dense hardiness, he used his shield to keep Aresks blade trapped, and swung Axebite around, aiming to cut off his throat. Last, to break Aresks concentration, he kicked out with his foot, sending a thundering blow to his opponents stomach.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk saw the blade coming towareds histhroat, and felt the boot impact into his stomach, so in addition to the momentum from the boot stiking him, he used the ENITRE amount of power in the telekinesis, to send him flying back, and landing on his feet, a small cut on his chin from wear he had almost been decapitated.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The Scorpion God watched as Barin stood between him and his opponent. The Shield was indeed trustworthy. What to do now? Would Barin go as far as killing his fellow god?

Sesketh willed his scimitar into his hand and it came.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin retreated a step, getting in a good position to defend himself or Sesketh. He was no god of battle, but a grim smile found its way to Barins lips. He relished combat as much as the next soldier. He began chanting in the Dvergar tongue. He spoke words of power, that would grant him strength and speed. As he did this he smashed the flat of his axe blade on his shield, creating a brutal war-time rhythm.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-14 at 06:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground

In his home on the shadow plane Erothayce watched as the gods postured and battled. He was interupted in this by Bevidias arrival.

"Welcome again to my home. I would like to propose an alliance between you and I against Vesper. I find his ways disturbing and unnatural. The dead should remain dead and not rise again into the perversions they have become. Do you agree?"

After saying this Erothayce felt new planes coming into existence. "Ah good, now these souls can go to their proper places."

((Now the gods who have their own planes will have their followers souls go to the plane instead of sitting in the shadow plane.))
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Let's see if HE likes to be blind, thought Sesketh.

Whispering some sort of incantation, the Scorpion God caused a sandstorm to engulf Aresk. This special sand was imbued with negative energy.

Sesketh got back up, well protected behind Barin. His face was red from anger. So strong was his desire to kill Aresk, that the rage he felt began to manifest itself in the pysical world. Soon, his scimitar, was coated in shadowy flames. The supernatural shield then enlarged to encompass all his body.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

I agree. An alliance against Vesper is needed. Those that create abominations should be destroyed. But before we take any action, I have a few things I need to take care of. She concentrates a minute, before a rift opens up. Care to come see my new plane? My followers need somewhere to go, as you said. As she steps into the plane, she sees that it is just as she wanted. A lush and vibrant world, with many rivers, tall forests, and grass covered plains. At the very center of the plane is a large castle, made of living wood. Already several souls inhabited the plane.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #296

"I would enjoy seeing your new plane and I shall bring the souls of your followers to populate it."

Leaving his castle momentarily Erothayce calls all of Bevidias followers to him,"Come, your god has a final resting place for you now!" A great cheer went up as the spirits heard this.

Going back into his castle with the souls Erothayce follows Bevidia into her plane. "Truly a work of beauty I must say. Unfortunately I cannot stay any longer, I have many other souls to attend to. Goodbye" Erothayce says with a bow.

((If you want your followers souls to go to your plane simply come to Erothayce and he will bring them there Immediately. Or you can send a messenger with a portal to the realm.

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Even if Sesketh wants to keep Barin on his side, he can't control his divine fury. With incredible agility, he charged through the sandstorm, leaping on his target. He feinted to aim for his neck, but the blade deviated to strike the thigh instead.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-14 at 07:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

It occurred to Artures that some of the faithful had died before this war. Where would their souls be? probably with that god who'd called a meeting and not even supplied his own feast. The Eternal Lover appeared next to Erothrayce. "It seems there may be less souls freed of flesh this day than there may have, does it not? But it matters not to you I suppose, you have plenty yourself. I wonder, where are my souls?"

29. - Top - End - #299

"They are here waiting for you. Simply show me a portal to your plane and I can conduct them to it."

erothayce.tumblr.com

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

"There is a gate for them, in fugue. Would you like there to be a gate here as well? It need not allow passage into your realm, but merely into mine"