New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

Never did I claim one is more important than the other. Both are equal. But just as the bear needs a cave for the winter, The human needs a home. I would prefer it to be on an unused stretch of plain then require the downing of a forest. And I will put life where ever I so choose. My life does not interfere with other life, and so will go where it chooses. she pauses for a moment. And if you do not call back that beast heading towards my estate, I will kill it. She turns to the other gods. So what do you say, my fellow Gods? Should we follow what this one god feels is right, and doom the intelligent life, or should we rather teach intelligent life to protect the forests and animals, to live in harmony with them? I for one will not stand for any God trying to tell me what I can and cannot do. I have made intelligent life in the forests, and I will do it in the jungle, on the plains, in the air, in the water, underground, and even in your animals if I so choose, and not ONE of those creations will harm living creatures without very just cause.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"No for that way leads to evil. It leads to mindless destruction. It can cause the extinction of animals. It promotes an attitude we do not want to promote. It is in all respects a bad idea. A very bad idea." Said Tion, afraid for the animals. "Do you have a reason for why we should do it your way."

" I will put life where ever I so choose. My life does not interfere with other life, and so will go where it chooses." Said Tion echoing the previous words. "It will not doom the intelligernt life it will protect the non-intelligent."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-12 at 10:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Because your way is detrimental to intelligent life. My way promotes acceptance and togetherness, animals and intelligence working together. So far, my nymphs and fauns have killed LESS than your tarrasque. Yet here you are, trying to preach to me, the Mother Goddess, about protecting life? My creations will live where ever I choose. End of story. You can deal with it. Feel free to act against any creation of mine that violates nature without being attacked first. You will get very bored very quickly.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

"Pacifism? You would presume to believe that no creature will harm another for greed or simple malice? Woe to you for your naivetey. The only constant we can count on is death. Whether it is natural through old age or quickened by the hand of another. Be the life intelligent or just beast they will fight, they will do battle and many will fall leaving only the strong to survive. In time the strong will grow weak and they will also die. The cycle is endless."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

The tarrasque stopped before the jungle.

"It eats more but not out of an attitude like your intelligent life. It eats because it is big, it eats so it can sleep. When it awakes your intelligent life would've ate far more than it." Said Tion. "I wish to allow the unintelligent to flourish. Just because you give yourself a title does not make that title true."

"The intelligent life is far more able to effect the world. And their effects will spell disaster to the unintelligent life."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Deep beneath the surface he was born... Barin was his name, and... oddly for one newly born, he was fully clothed, or rather, armored. He was always armored, it was part of what and who he was. It was dark there, and he decided to leave. He probably could have teleported out or something, but his mind was cloudy, groggy, as if he had just awoken from a great sleep, and so he crawled. Eventually he burst through the ground. He came up on the ground amid a group of creatures, far shorter than he. They seemed primitive and confused. One rushed forward with a spiked club in his hand, and attacked Barin. The spike turned and the club broke upon his flesh, and he pushed the creature away with a frown. His eyes, which seemed to be made of ever-shifting quicksilver, with pupils that shifted between every metal in existence, with a single gemstone in the middle of each, which were pure diamonds, uncut and unclouded, a silvery metallic glow seems to shine through them.

He looked down upon the creatures around him. They had obviously spent a long time underground: their skin was pale and gray, all their hair, if they had any, was black. Their eyes had metallic appearances, and they glowed in the darkness, seeing what those who might live above could not. He smiled, he liked these creatures. He would call them Dvergar, and he would begin his kingdom with them.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

How can you be sure? I wish ALL life to florish, not just the unintelligent, but also the intelligent. The intelligent life also eat due to their size. Eating is a necessity of all creatures, even trees "eat" soil and "drink" water. My creatures are bound to the forest. It is the only place they can live, and they can only live if their tree still stands. They can barely even leave the forest. They are of no harm to any living being, intelligent or not. Any change they may have upon the world will be for the betterment of the forest, for the nymphs and fauns were created as protectors of the forest. They are there to give the forest a voice. Just as all my creatures will be. They will be the voices of the sea, plains, mountains, skies, and all other places, working in harmony with nature, to the betterment of both. She then turns to the other god that had spoken, Vesper by name. I have made my creatures. I know what they are capable of. They cannot harm their environment because They are tied to it, death to one means death for the other. They will live in peace because that is all they know. Until something like that lumbering hulk Tion sent, or the evil I'm sure someone will send crops up, they will still not know it. Even when they do, they are loyal follows of me, and know my tenets, the first of which is "harm none".

Go Tigers!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((I found some time to post this. Wow, you are active today.))

Sesketh

At the end of the day, Sesketh returned to Basalt Keep bringing back fresh humanoid carcasses. Those fools had ventured far from their mountain homes in search of new ressources. He surprised them on the fringe of an oasis. He then made himself known to them, feeding off their fear.

It was a short but pleasant hunt.

At that moment, he noticed Artures's approach. What was that man doing walking alone, defenseless, in the heart of Sesketh's new empire? The Scorpion God soon realized this was no ordinary human. He sensed his incredible power. Another god, he thought.

Sesketh frowned. He began to understand what this being standed for. He looked up in the sky and saw two new celestial bodies. The twins. Lust and love. He was disgusted.

He lept in front of Artures, blocking his way. His black pupil-less glass eyes staring at the frail god of passion.

"I am Sesketh, Scourge of the Desert, Lord of War. You just entered MY domain, godling. Let me warn you. I will not let you approach the Ensi. They do not need your so-called gifts. Love and lust will only make them weak."

The Scorpion God spat on the ground.

"I hear a distant call. Great deities are assembling. The Crimson Claw WON'T be ignored! I have to attend this meeting immediately.

Remember my words, godling!"

And Sesketh departed.

While most of the Desert folk felt the same way as their divine master, a handful were willing to accept Artures' gifts. In secret, they left the Keep to meet this stranger.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-12 at 11:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

Stormthorn, at the meeting
    Stormthorn appeared, using his planar magic, amongst the other gods at the meeting in the plane of shadows. He hovers slightly above the ground and blood drips from his black leather suit.
    Little brothers; little sister, greetings all. One of you called me to this place without pain, now someone tell me why.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk stood from his small stone chair to greet this on who dared to reffer to them as lessers, but he would test this god, who figured himself they're betters.

"And who are you to demand something of gods? Do you think yourself our betters?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin taught the Dvergar the arts of mining and metallurgy, as well as blacksmithing, and the craft of shaping the metals to their desire. He found the lands so far down were rich in ores of all sorts, iron, gold, silver, and many others, as well as the rare metal known as Mithril. He taught them how to create alloys, especially steel, but he took particular pride in an alloy made mostly of three metals, mithril, silver, and iron, he called it Arkinam.

He then ordered the construction of a large castle, which would be the basis of a large city. Barin was unaware of the other gods, but he knew of the other races in the world - and beneath it - and so he vowed to give his subjects proper protection. He ordered the castle made with a large keep that would be his room. The keep would be large, and would contain both his rooms, and an extra throneroom, and it would allow him to survey his whole kingdom himself, with his piercing metal eyes. The castle, a fortress really, would be named Drottindjuper the Underlord, fortress in the deeps. Already it flew his flag, a picture of the fortress with a picture of a white deer-skull overhead on a black background. Down in the deeps the Dvergar had never seen a deer, but they knew it must be important to the god.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    Stormthorn, at the meeting
    Stormthorn appeared, using his planar magic, amongst the other gods at the meeting in the plane of shadows. He hovers slightly above the ground and blood drips from his black leather suit.
    Little brothers; little sister, greetings all. One of you called me to this place without pain, now someone tell me why.
    Vesper did not like being reffered to as a lesser, but this god was Vesper's sort of god. Devoted to pain and suffering he paralleled the Dark Lord's beliefs in some way.

"Greetings to you, we do not know why we were summoned yet as our host as not delighted us with his presence."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

Stormthorn nods at Vesper and sits cross legged in the air, now ignoring all the gods is a rather noticable fashion.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artures had spent some time giving the great gifts of Lust and Love to those desert folk who so desired them, and was saddened at the many who would not accept. All the while, a summons had been present, yet the Eternal Lover had ignored it, for it was unimportant. Yet now all those of the Ensi who would take the gifts had received them, and so Artures left.

Artures arrives to hear the bickering of the gods, and calls for the host to come forth. The True Soulmate remains standing out of the center of attention. Even mortals were more productive than this.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Amid all his work, Barin almost didn't notice it, but now that he was aware of it, he couldn't see how he could have ignored it so long, the building pressure in his skull. He felt that somewhere a great many beings of power, like himself, had gathered. He told the Dvergar to continue their work, and to report to Magnin, the wisest and most proficient of their kind, until he returned.

He located the great gathering in his mind, and willed himself there. He stood amid the confusion of the council, silently blustering, confused. He spoke, his metallic voice which sounded like the ringing of steel and the clatter of weapon on shield, like the taunting of opposing armies, and the booming command of a born leader, speaking out. Who are you all, and what causes such disorder?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Going to the room with the other gods gathered in it Erothayce says, "Hello brothers and sisters. I believe we must all come to a resolution about what to do with the mortal races. Should we intervene directly in their lives or should we be worshiped from afar? And Vesper I must speak with you after this meeting is done."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The door of the meeting room burst open. Waves after waves of carrion beetles swarmed inside. However, they rapidly scattered and eventually disappeared in the shadows. Infused with negative energy, those vermins would be later known as Shadow Beetles.

The Scorpion God followed. He was wielding Slow Death in one hand and his favored whip in the other. He stared at the assembled gods for a while. What a strange vision! Then he walked around the room, speaking with a deep voice:

"So, you are the others? I expected more. (He paused before Tion.) You are different. You intrigue me."

"My name is Sesketh, Lord of War and of Basalt Keep. Tell me, what is this all about? WHY should I consult YOU about anything? Why should any one of us care about the other gods' opinions? To me, the right of conquest is the one true right."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-12 at 06:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk stood, his own mighty bulk, and gleaming breastplate knocking the chair from its sitting postistion, as he stood uptly, a look of rage on his face.
    "You DARE come, into the council of REAL gods, with words of conuest, and murder, I think it would be best if thine resend thy words of evil! Lest they're be dire consequences for you, and your ilk."
    His blade moonslayer was quickly in his hands, ready for a fight in case this beast of arrogane decided he wanted to tussle.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

"while I would certainly prefer not to be conquered, I too would prefer not to impose rules upon ourselves" said Artures, stepping carelessly on a beetle, "I have no desire to follow the mandates of others. At the moment I merely want to spread my gifts to all those who can receive them, but I would not like to be unable to deviate from this."
    "I realize many of you want some sort of rules to give yourselves a feeling of security. It's understandable that you are scared, this world has so many things which could kill us without a thought. Yet I prefer the freedom to do as I will. I will avoid being killed as I can"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Sesketh looked Aresk in the eyes, a grin on his face.

"This is amusing. You claim to be civilized? More than I? You don't even know what the word means. I am as much a god as you are. You think I'm arrogant? What are you? You make me sick..."

"It seems you are afraid to face the darkness. Wake up from your dream! The world is in ruins. It won't be saved by the likes of you. It will take discipline, strength and great Lords capable of ruling the mortals with an iron fist."

The Scorpion God then turned to the others.

"I humbly suggest that everyone think about those words. There will be wars this is inevitable. There will be winners and losers. We are not here to make friends. We are here to fight for this world's future."

He finally added, in a sarcastic tone:

"That, my fellow gods, is my opinion."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-12 at 06:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin steps between Aresk and Sesketh, his huge great axe held easily in one hand, and the other holds his large shield, painted black with a deers head. He spoke loudly, command lacing his words. Noone will come to harm here, you'll have to go through me first he looked pointedly at both gods, making it known he chose no sides. He spoke assuredly and pointedly. Rules are important, laws must be set lest entropy and chaos claim all. I would see no harm come to those who worship me, at least not from the gods, they will have to fight their own battles among mortals, though some aid shall be rendered. He pointedly avoided mentioning who his worshipers were, or where they were.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Sesketh

Sesketh looked Aresk in the eyes, a grin on his face.

"This is amusing. You claim to be civilized? More than I? You don't even know what the word means. I am as much a god as you are. You think I'm arrogant? What are you? You make me sick..."

"It seems you are afraid to face the darkness. Wake up from your dream! The world is in ruins. It won't be saved by the likes of you. It will take discipline, strength and great Lords capable of ruling the mortals with an iron fist."

The Scorpion God then turned to the others.

"I humbly suggest that everyone think about those words. There will be wars this is inevitable. There will be winners and losers. We are not here to make friends. We are here to fight for this world's future."

He finally added, in a sarcastic tone:

"That, my fellow gods, is my opinion."
    Aresk's face turned seventeen shades of purple before he reached the stage, and came to the point where he charged thee stuipid, arrogant god who thought himself better than others the man that has NO RIGHT, to be introuding upon the council of gods that wish for peace, this is the kind that must be destroyed he thought, the kind that must be erasedd from this world if EVER we were to have peacee, he brought his blade down, slashing at the god easly mauneverin around the god who had come to stand in their way, his blade flaring like a solar flare as he brought it down. "By my blade moonfell, I swear that thou shalt be earsed from this world, you war mongers, are not meant for those of us that wish poeace amongst the gods, you brin g tidings of war, and crusades, and death, and when I question your motivbes, you insultt my honor TASTE THE BLADE OF MOONFELL, AND QUIVER BEFORE ITS MIGHT, DEMON< AND FOREVER KNOW THE FEEL OF ITS FURY SINKING INTO YOUR PATHETIC FLESH!"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin brought his axe in a smooth arc, intercepting Aresks blade, and trapping it to the side, before smashing his shield brutally into the gods chest, sending him back. He moved with a speed that seemed impossible for one so large. As soon as his shield smashed into Aresks chest he kicked him in the stomach for good measure, shoving him back with his foot. He quickly looked around to see if the other god had made a move, his eyes warning against the foolishness Aresk had displayed. He turned back to Aresk, in the position he had been before the charge. I said NO ONE WILL COME TO HARM. And I mean NO ONE.

[OOC:]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope you don't mind the minor godmodding, but I pushed you back and kicked you so as not to actually hurt you, what with you being a god and all

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So the god of Peace attacks?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're the god of defense, I think you are capable of defending someone
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2008-08-12 at 06:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Eorthayce, annoyed at the posturing of the gods thundered"There will be no fighting in my house!!! This is a peaceful meeting whether some of you want it to be or not! Now sit and be quiet or I shall expel you and you will not know the rest of what will transpire!,

erothayce.tumblr.com

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You would expel your guests? truly, the courtesy of all the gods is lacking, not just these few who would fight in the home of another." Artures says, amused. "Though clearly these two are incapable of civil conversation"

27. - Top - End - #87

"I would not stoop so low normally but these two are interrupting an important conversation and being rude to their host and the other assembled guests. Truly I would not enjoy sending them away but if they do not desist then i fear I shall have to. On second thought I do believe Aresk to be the aggressor so if he continues I must expel him. Erothayce gives Aresk a pointed look. "Sit down brother, and calm yourself."
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-08-12 at 06:59 PM.

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Sesketh was prepared to fight this pathetic God of Light and Justice if needed. He readied an attack but Barin stepped in before he could act. Instead of trying his luck against the Great Shield, Sesketh remained calm, putting away his weapons. He looked in the eyes of Aresk, then took his place among the other gods.

"So be it. I'll stay to hear what everyone has to say. If you want to set rules...I'll play by them."

Most of the time, he added mentally.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-12 at 07:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Thank you Sesketh. I wish you to know I hold no grudge against you.

erothayce.tumblr.com

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Content to watch his tritons found their cities and go about their lives, Uso at first ignores the summons. Eventually though, he too must answer. So finally he teleports himself to the meeting place. He stops just inside the door as he watches the three gods that seem to be at odds. He grips his spear tightly as he glances at the others. "It would seem I came at the wrong time. Or is this whole summons merely a trap?"
    He takes a few steps back, putting some distance between himself and the others.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor