New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

"I personally care nothing for the humans. I care only for my ogres, the souls of the dead, the curatorship of magic, and my shadows."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"I can agree with that idea. It shouldn't take that much effort and if each god contributed to it, the we could get quite a good river system, though it might not stretch that far." Said Tion. "Will you help death god?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The Scorpion God stayed silent for a while, something really unusual for him. He took a piece of raw meat while listening to the other gods' arguments. In truth, he was thinking of all the ways he could hurt the God of Light.

"I will help create a more suitable habitat for the humans. Don't get angry if some decide to worship me, though."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 07:53 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"I don't think any of us gods would be angry if some chose to worship you. After all it would be their choice and none of us gods have any claims to the humans." Said Tion. Tion created a dwarf corpse and started to eat it. "Well that's three in."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-13 at 07:56 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk stood slowly from his seat, stretching his legs, and arm muscels, and well as giving his wings a good stretch, they had been in thi plane, for what FELT like forever.

HE then stepped through the portal back to the realm waiting for the other gods to do the same.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion left the plane of shadow and went to the nice sea , once their he tried to created the longest river that he possibly could without using up one of his creations. After doing so he returned to the plane of shadows and wondered if their was any more business to discuss.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso perked up at the mention of rivers. He smiled as he spoke up. "There is much water in the world. In time the river and lakes would form on their own. But if others are willing to help, then they could be formed much faster." Seeing the others leave, he too departs. He begins observing the earth, discovering where the rivers would run easiest and be the most useful.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion goes and looks for the just deeparted god. He needed to know his fellow gods sphere of influince and what their thoughts were on the subject of intelligent life. Tion also needed to see if he could convince them to keep out of the forests and grasslands.

Tion went up behind Uso. "What is your name? What is your quest? What did you create?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk floats out beside his fellow god assisting hjim in the creation of the river in the same manner he was making it. (no creations spent.)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion was glad that the gods could come together and cooperate somewhat,m even if the other gods were only there to help those humans. Couldn't someone who was sympathetic to Tion come and take the humans over?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso turns around. He looks Tion over momentarily before nodding in greeting. "I am Uso, god of water and storms. And who might you be? You might have introduced yourself early in that 'council', but I missed it." He glances over at Aresk, nodding this thanks for his help.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"I am Tion, lord of plants, animals and destruction. So I guess this creating rivers is right up your alley. What intelligent creatures have you created?" Asked Tion as he started to prepare to create a small river.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

Stretching his fingers working out the stiffness Vesper replies to his fellow god not even bothering to look up. "I may be able to aid you in the creation of new rivers and lakes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

The Tarrasque sleeps.

The dwarves threw away Tion's staff.

Thev dire animals roam the dwarf and halfling lands, preying on the weak.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

(( I thought we had an agreement not to prey on children demon king?))

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(Not children just weak adults.)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso shrugs, turning back to his work. "I have a race that lives deep in the ocean. Do not worry, they should be no threat to you and yours here on land. They find it...uncomfortable, here. Although there are some animals in my oceans you may like. Have you ever seen a shark before?" He glances over at Tion, smiling.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"No I haven't seen a shark before. I spend all my time on the land. So what is this shark? Is it powerful? Is it destructive?" Asked Tion intrigued about this shark creature.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso smiles. "Yes on both accounts. They are pure eating machines. And one of the biggest predators in my ocean. You should come and see them sometime."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Pure eating machines? If they hibernated then they'd be the mirror of the tarrasque only more common. Thought Tion to himself Maybe with my magic I can create sharks that lived on the land. Yes, maybe indeed. Tion wondered how he could use his magic more more things than what he uses it for currently, as he creates water.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-13 at 10:38 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Sesketh followed the other gods and helped them flood the lifeless plains with fresh water. He took advantage of the situation to inspire the humans and all coastal races to build warships. Naval battles would be interesting, he thought. The mortal races needed such ships anyway, in order to secure their ports and trade goods.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(Did that use up a creation?)

Tion

Tion worked on make small rivers, still deep in thought on how to best use his magical powers, when he saw Sesketh. "What is your name/ What did you create? What are you god of?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: I hope not. There is already a sea, so they must know how to build ships already. Inspiration to build warships is just a pat on the back, in my view.)

Sesketh

The Crimson Claw turned its attention to the Dire God.

"My name is Sesketh, lord of Basalt Keep. I govern over warfare. My domain is a vast desertic region, but I expect it to become much larger. I am the creator of the sturdy desert folk, the Ensi. I heard you talking earlier at the council. My people will not bother the animals in your sanctuary, Tion. You have my word. I highly respect your work."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"And I respect yours. I am glad your people won't bother the animals in my sanctuary. I hope that you get the warfare you want. Or no warfare if that's more your style." Said Tion as he continued to make the rivers and thought about magic.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

To any remaining gods, Barin declared a message, that it might find the other gods, for he would return to his people. Mortals on the cusp of godhood will fall under MY protection, I care not whether they are good or evil, or neither, if they seek godhood and can achieve it, I will be their Shield. and with this, he and the throne melted slowly in the ground, only to rise in the Dvergar castle.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Sesketh bid farewell to the gods, ready to return to his duties.

"To you, Aresk, I have this to say: we will meet again, on the battlefield. I see the usefulness of the other gods, but I don't pretend we were meant to coexist. I SWEAR that my armies will one day rid this world of you and your wretched angels!"

With these words, the Lord of War left for his desert fortress. He discovered, much to his dismay, that some of the Ensi had embraced love and lust despite his warnings. However, they had already been dealt with by the High Warrior-Priest of Basalt Keep, named Simet, who sentenced them to exile. Sesketh was impressed. Exile was a fate far worst than death.

The Scorpion God decided to appear to Simet in the middle of a meditation session. The High Priest fell down on his knees and covered his eyes. This was a great honor, and Simet remembered to stay humble as to not anger his god. Sesketh spoke:

"Rise, son of the Scorpion! (Simet obeyed without a thought.) You have served your god well. You have achieved the highest rank of the priesthood and lead the Ensi people with strength and wisdom. You will be rewarded accordingly. Feel the might of Sesketh! Praise him as his power flow into your frail mortal body! BE MY CHAMPION!"

The sensation was akin to being engulfed in a fiery inferno. Yet the pain was brief. Soon, Simet was in complete control of his body again. The power flowed in his veins, empowering him. His eyes had become as black as Sesketh's.

"Good. I will also share my knowledge with you." Numerous gilded scroll cases appeared at Simet's feet. "Inside you will find descriptions of martial techniques to improve your people's art. One of my greatest foe wields strange and powerful magicks. Such techniques will help you to defend yourselves against enemy spellcasters. You must develop the inner strength of your body as well as your soul. In time, the Ensi will be able to practice what I have called blade magic."

And Sesketh left the High Priest's presence.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 03:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Brothers, sisters I do believe that this meeting is adjourned. I wish you all well in your journeys and you may contact for anything you need. I must now depart for my souls need my shepherding hand to guide them to their rightful place in the afterlife. Good day." And with that Erothayce left to take care of the souls that had been piling up waiting.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artures finished eating, and excused himself from the shadowy castle. In the mortal realm, gods were working on rivers. Sesketch was doing something with boats. The Eternal Lover saw that these rivers were being laid according to the land, and had an interesting thought. The followers of the True Soulmate often traveled, in search of Love, or to more widely share their Lust, yet travel was difficult. Artures pulled some of the rivers, so that they went where the mortals made their cities, and connected the lands of all the creatures dwelled. And Artures also took boats, from the navies of Sesketch and the fishing fleets of the coastal peoples, and these Artures did give to the folks of the river, that they might travel from one place to another.

In doing this, Artures found that those Ensi who had accepted the gifts of Lust and Love had been cast out from the Basalt Keep, and from the societies of the other Ensi. And so Artures did stay amongst the desert folk for a time, and they did travel from an oasis to another, for no one oasis could support them for more than a short length of time. And Artures did aid them in their trials, and they did survive, and even prosper, and in their tents during the night they did give thanks the the Eternal Lover.

29. - Top - End - #179

Halna, having simply watched the meeting with interest, quickly turned and left before any one saw him. He walked quickly, and teleported to the large mountain range he had seen earlier.

He walked for a while, coming across villages, teaching his sword-play and, after the villagers discovered that he was something more than a great swordman, imparting wisdom and lessons, along with a few bumps and bruises.

He continued walking until he came across a large cathedral building, shining brightly. "Well, this must be interesting"

He went into the foyer, and stood for a minute, waiting for someone to approach him.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

30. - Top - End - #180

Vesper

Lingering around for a few moments, Vesper speaks to Erothayce "You wished to speak with me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.