New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

"Ah, that i did. Excuse my forgetfulness, with all of these souls to usher it makes things a bit harder to remember. Actually that is what I wished to speak to you about. Your stealing of my souls. I wish you to desist or that we can come to an agreement on them. And I wish you to destroy your passages to my plane. It is after all my home."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

"Your souls? I have just as much right to claim the souls of the faithless as you do. I am rescuing them from the fugue and I believe that I began rescuing them before you did." The god gives a sly grin. "And while you may claim this as your home, I also draw strength from the shadows. I need a connection to my realm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #183

"I have been tending the souls since I awoke. And not just the souls of the faithless all souls of the dead. I usher them into their rightful place I do not make them work as the dead should not. Speak not of you doing it before me as you only speak lies. While you may or may not draw power from my plane it is still my home and I ask again that you destroy these passages."
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-08-13 at 04:35 PM.

erothayce.tumblr.com

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin returned, and under his guidance the fortress Drottindjuper was completed, he declared that Magnin, the eldest and wisest of the Dvergar would be the regent and king of Drottindjuper, and he would rule from the throne room in the main castle, Barin himself would reside in the massive keep, and he would rule over the king himself, involving himself only when he saw fit.

After the announcement, he took Magnin aside, and he spoke with him. He told him that he would be Barins champion, as befitting of the greatest of his people. Whereas the Dvergar aged like the mountains under which they lived, Magnin would age even slower, outlasting stone and steel. He would also serve as a conduit for Barins power, and he would be gifted, stronger and tougher than his brethren, and he would be given a powerful axe and shield, both items of great power. He would teach others of his kind how to channel Barins power, and so Magnin would be a priest-king. Magnin agreed, and he became Barins champion.

After that, the Dvergar began expanding their kingdom down and outward. Drottindjuper grew larger and more fortified, and the city, for that was what the settlement had become, began to prosper. The city took the same name as the fortress, and smaller villages were established miles away from the city, and smaller fortresses, named after the lords who established them or the towns they overlooked, grew in the tunnels.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #185

Vesper

"I will let you usher those who have died and are not mine to and fro, to whatever final resting place they so desire. The souls of the other gods' faithful do not concern me nor do I want to step foot in their realms. But, I maintain my right to claim those who are faithless and banished to the Fugue. Nor can I agree to destroying the conduits of my realm to this place of shadows but I will respect your...right...to rule it and shall not interfere in the affairs of the Shadow Plane."
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

6. - Top - End - #186

"This i can agree to on one condition. You give the faithless souls a choice. The choice to choose my way or your way. I will put no pressure on them either way as you should not. Let them make the choice themselves. Is this agreeable?"

erothayce.tumblr.com

7. - Top - End - #187

Vesper

Smiling, "That could easilly work. They shall be given a choice." Though the choice given may not be the one that Eurothayce was expecting they would however be given a choice.

8. - Top - End - #188

Not trusting Vesper's smile Erothayce is still happy that there will be a choice for the souls. "Ok, If there is no more business I wish to visit my creations."

erothayce.tumblr.com

9. - Top - End - #189

Vesper

"Of course," with a snap of cold pale fingers the dark lord disappears in a gust of smoke returning to the site he was originally on, on the material plane.

First he would keep his promise to extend the reach of the rivers. Finding a major river uses a small portion of his power(not enough for a creation point to be used) to create small tributories that stretch closer to nearby villages and towns. Sprinkling a fine mist into the main river he sows the seed of death, disease into the waterway. The disease would spread throughout the entire river system, and some who drank of the lifegiving elixir would fall ill, the weak amongst them would die and more followers would be secured for Vesper.

Returning to the path of the visiting god amongst men Vesper continues to visit the villages and towns of the people of the land. In the back of his mind he can hear the whispering of prayers directed towards him, he was satisified, those who prayed most fervently were granted the divine gift(divine spellcasting) it was only a pittance of power at first but as they devoted themselves more thoroughly to Vesper they would gain in power. Reaching out to all his followers in their dreams and prayers he plants the roots of their(and his) superiority amongst mortals and gods.

10. - Top - End - #190

"Well I'm glad that unsavory character is gone. Now to visit my ogres." Erothayce left his home on the shadow plane to visit his ogres and to find out how they were doing. He found that everything was good with them and that no other god had been to tamper. "I belive that some of you should go out into the world to spread my religion. But first come tell me of your lives.

erothayce.tumblr.com

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Umm... I tampered. I gave them Love and Lust, way back on like the 1st or 2nd page))

Artures had found some followers of Vesper in his travels. They were similar to his own followers, in that they existed within other societies, but never held any political power. But some of these now held the power of their god. In a very small amount, of course, they could never be a threat to a true god, but they had caused the deaths of some of the Arturan believers. That would not do. And so Artures gave his followers a small portion of his own power, in proportion to their belief. They had the powers to put Lust and Love into a mortal, and the powers similar to those all gods had, though still a mere shadow of a true god's power. And these Holy men and women of Artures did go out and spread the word, and those who did this were the first Clerics of Artures, though those who would stay in their homes received no Holy power.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

With time, the Ensi empire grew. Basalt Keep was still the seat of their power, sailing through sand across the desert. Some of them chose to stay behind to establish settlements. Others simply decided to roam the land to spread Sesketh's dogma. They organized themselves in tribes, adopting a nomadic lifestyle. They gained a reputation as fierce raiders.

The Ensi, even as a warlike people, met with the humans and dwarves living in the vicinity of the Great Desert to negociate trade agreements and even alliances. If the outsiders accepted the desert folk in their community, no harm came to them. However, the Ensi laid siege to every city that refused to partake in negociations.

A few capable priests were even sent to far away lands, posing as mercenaries to give advice to foreign lordlings. Now, the knowledge given to the Chosen people of Sesketh could be put to good use, even among the other races.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 06:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

The Dvergar began to grow in power even more, the fortress and city Drottindjuper grew into a mighty and prosperous place, and many more settlements sprouted up, and the old settlements and castles had grown into cities and fortresses of their own.

The Dvergar formed a mighty underkingdom, and began to delve deeper for more metals and resources. Their skills in metallurgy grew, and soon their armors and weapons were the best in the world. Plus, the priesthood grew, and worship of Barin was the standard across the underkingdom.

However, though inter-kingdom trade was good and prosperous, they needed to trade with those outside. Drottindjuper miners began tunneling upwards, seeking tunnels out of the underground caverns. These passages were heavily defended, mighty fortresses sprouting up in key locations, to protect the kingdom below.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk was ENRAGED, that the peoples of this god decided that it was thier RIGHT, to conqueor all who would not join their fell cause, and he had already lost many followers to this excuse for a gods EXCUSE for warriors, mere pigs of men, trained in using a spear. So he began building an army in secret, built of angels, humans, lupines, any who called him lord.
    And thus Aresk planned examing the sites, that he might raid next, prepared to meet his raiding parties at any of them. This needless killing of his peoples MUST be put to a final end.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: I wrote a post in the OOC thread about that.))

16. - Top - End - #196

Erothayce finishing up hearing about his creations then imbues some with clerical power and sent them along with some guards to spread the gospel of him.

erothayce.tumblr.com

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Finished with the rivers, Uso returned to his people in the ocean. Finding them well established and growing, he made himself known to them once more. He warned them of the land-dwellers that were venturing onto the waters, and began to teach them to defend themselves. He also granted the leaders among them the smallest fraction of his power, that they might call upon it in their aid.
    Next Uso went to the largest port city on the coast. There he disguised himself as a sailor and began spreading stories about the fickle god of the ocean that demanded respect and praise in return for safe travel. Thus did the worship of Uso spread among those that live on land. Satisfied that it would now spread on its own, Uso returned to govern the oceans.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Bevidia too helps with the rivers. She sends them through the woods of the fauns and nymphs, down to the seas. She then goes to Tion, appearing before him and speaking. Hail Tion. I feel that, in times past, we may have started off on the wrong foot. I wish to change that if possible. The goddess of life and the gods of animals/plants should be able to get along. How may that happen?

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Ensi tribes eventually discovered a new river going deep in the desert. They named it Naram-Suen, bringer of life. They settled the river bank and learned how to cultivate various plants. They grew crops of barley, wheat and beans. There were also plenty of figs and oranges.

When their community was large enough, they build a port and defensive towers. In a matter of decades, the Ensi had a fleet of merchant vessels as well as a few warships at their disposal.

20. - Top - End - #200

Vesper

Vesper was satisified, the prayers of his followers grew louder and more devout. Those who were given the gift are rewarded with more power for their successes and those who fail horribly are stripped of power. His word is spread throughout many communities and the people take those words to hear. In some settlements his people are the majority.

Now was the time for the next step of Vesper's plan to come into effect and for him to strike against those who refused to accept him. Speaking to each of his priests he tells them now is the time to act. Those who live in areas where Vesper is dominant god are told to gather up the faithful and give the final offer of "Convert or die." Those who still can not claim a majority are instructed to go the local graveyards and prepare for a ritual of intense power.

Waiting patiently for the moment of reckoning the Lord of the Underworld prepared himself within the shadowy tunnels he called home. Petitioners waited on him hand and foot all eager to aid in the coming display. The first cries of forced conversion and acceptance came to him, feeling the power of their fearful prayers swarm him, soon it was followed by the screaming terror of sacrified souls giving him new power. Thrusting all his divine might into the act, divine magic made up of shadow and unlife flowed forth in massive waves, first to the priests performing the sacrifices and then onto those performing the fell ritual in the graveyards. The tunnels themselves quaked as all the magic in the realm was called forth, the dancing fires dimmed and then were extinguished plunging all into blackness before slowly coming back to life.

Priests stood by in awe as the bodies of the dead rose in cruel mockery of life, abominations of what they once were. All manner of unlife was born in those brief moments, some mindless, others brilliantly intelligent, some who were meant to serve mindlessly, others who possessed free will, some who could only be created by powerful magics and others which could propogate their own ranks. From skeletons to zombies, ghouls to wraiths, and even vampires to liches all sprung forth. And so was created the undead, creatures of pure evil.

"FOR YOUR IRREVERENCE TO ME IN LIFE YOU SHALL SERVE ME IN ETERNAL UNLIFE! KNOW WELL THAT IT IS I, VESPER, LORD OF THE DEAD WHOM YOU HAVE TO CALL FATHER! GO FORTH SO THAT ALL MY FEAR! AND REMEMBER THIS THAT ALL WHO WEAR MY MARK OR HOLD ME AS THEIR GOD WILL BE UNHARMED AND THAT MY MOST POWERFUL SERVANTS WILL HOLD THE ABILITY OF CONTROL, UNLIFE OR IF THEY SO DESIRE NON-EXISTANCE OVER YOUR FORM!" With this final magical outcry, the lord of death collapses to the ground physically drained of nearly all his power. He would need time to recuperate and it would be many moons before he could perform such a display again, of course it was all well worth it.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Sensing the growing presence of the Ensi on the waterways of the world, Uso went to investigate. Hearing no prayers from any of them, Uso grew angry. They were using his waters and not even paying him his due respect. And so the Naram-Suen flooded its banks, doubling in width. At the same time, Uso appeared as one of the Ensi and spread talk about a god of the waters who grew angry when ignored. Telling the story as though heard from another, the Uso-Ensi told how worship was not required, merely a simple prayer and an offering now and then were required to keep the Stormlord appeased and their fleets safe. Once more satisfied with his work, Uso caused the river to return to normal and departed for his beloved ocean.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

And these things felt no love nor lust, and could not. Rastul of the Rogue Ensi had thirsted for combat for many moons. Yet the word of the divine Artures preached the Love of other things, and so he could not kill them. Now, however... now it was different. Corpses walked the land. Corpses could feel no Love nor Lust. It seemed that he and the other Ensi of Artures could taste combat once more.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

As the undead spawn, Bevidia nearly collapses in pain. WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION! she cries in pain. Quickly, she sends word to her nymphs and fauns, and those who worship her in the other races, the druids and rangers. This...undead...scourge must be destroyed, along with its creators. Gather all who you can. Perversions to life CANNOT be allowed. She then went to Vesper, the creator of this evil, to confront him. Who are you, to pervert life so? Not even gods should take a body from its rightful afterlife!

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #204

"This is not what souls are meant for!!" Said Erothayce as he felt the abomonations. He went directly to Vesper and saw Bevidia there also. "What si the meaning of this Vesper let these souls rest as is proper!"

erothayce.tumblr.com

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

As the Dvergar broke through the mountains, and sought trade with the races above, Barin sensed a stirring in the above. His throne once more melted into the ground and grew out of the earth above. His throne lifted from the ground, and it took him to the place where the dead rose from death. Barin knew these things to be aversion of life, but life was not especially sacred to him, and he tried to be neutral in all things. He saw the persecution the living dead went through, and he sought any intelligent dead.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

Waiting patiently for the moment of reckoning the Lord of the Underworld prepared himself within the shadowy tunnels he called home. Petitioners waited on him hand and foot all eager to aid in the coming display. The first cries of forced conversion and acceptance came to him, feeling the power of their fearful prayers swarm him, soon it was followed by the screaming terror of sacrified souls giving him new power. Thrusting all his divine might into the act, divine magic made up of shadow and unlife flowed forth in massive waves, first to the priests performing the sacrifices and then onto those performing the fell ritual in the graveyards. The tunnels themselves quaked as all the magic in the realm was called forth, the dancing fires dimmed and then were extinguished plunging all into blackness before slowly coming back to life.

Priests stood by in awe as the bodies of the dead rose in cruel mockery of life, abominations of what they once were. All manner of unlife was born in those brief moments, some mindless, others brilliantly intelligent, some who were meant to serve mindlessly, others who possessed free will, some who could only be created by powerful magics and others which could propogate their own ranks. From skeletons to zombies, ghouls to wraiths, and even vampires to liches all sprung forth. And so was created the undead, creatures of pure evil.

"FOR YOUR IRREVERENCE TO ME IN LIFE YOU SHALL SERVE ME IN ETERNAL UNLIFE! KNOW WELL THAT IT IS I, VESPER, LORD OF THE DEAD WHOM YOU HAVE TO CALL FATHER! GO FORTH SO THAT ALL MY FEAR! AND REMEMBER THIS THAT ALL WHO WEAR MY MARK OR HOLD ME AS THEIR GOD WILL BE UNHARMED AND THAT MY MOST POWERFUL SERVANTS WILL HOLD THE ABILITY OF CONTROL, UNLIFE OR IF THEY SO DESIRE NON-EXISTANCE OVER YOUR FORM!" With this final magical outcry, the lord of death collapses to the ground physically drained of nearly all his power. He would need time to recuperate and it would be many moons before he could perform such a display again, of course it was all well worth it.
    ((Im calling that an act of creation. You just invented the undead and raised an army of them. In fac,t since the udnead you raised include some fully sentiant races, that might be two acts. I want the other gods opinions of this. One act for making undead and another for making several sentiant races?))

((Every god gets three acts. Of course, some of them performed actions dubbed to be Acts before this post. They have less accordingly.))

Uvithile emerges from the ground behind Bevidia as a massiv emound of decay. He is several stories tall and his slow voice is like echoing thunder.
    What. Monsters. Come. To. Pass. Here?...Who. Has. Done. THis?
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-08-13 at 10:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

((If he gets less souls now i'll be fine with the creations. And i think i'm going to create Hell now then))

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #208

Vesper

Atop a shifting, flowing dark throne, the god reclined lazily. He was still physically drained from the display of his might and almost did not notice the intrusion into his realm. Around him stood petitioners weapons wrought of shadow ready to defend their dark lord.

Pulling his head up and looking Bevida in the eye he responds calmly "I am the Lord of Death. It is over all the dead which I lay claim. If I so desire to raise corpses and animate them with false life, I shall do so."

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    snip
    OOC: Yeah. That would be my second creation act the creation of the undead.

30. - Top - End - #210

"You cannot claim to be ruler of all the dead when you get a mere pittance of the faithless souls. I am the true ruler of the dead souls and I say this is an abomination. They must be destroyed. I stand firm on this, if you do not do it yourself I will destroy these.. things."

erothayce.tumblr.com