New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

Barin

From atop his keep he felt the rumblings of war. Since the last time he'd gone out recruiting he'd checked up on his Dvergar and the Undead, who had dubbed themselves Narjofurr, or Corspekings.

The Dvergar had expanded their underkingdom even farther, it now stretched under much of the mountain range, and they had begun to trade with nearby settlements on the surface, including the Narjofurr.

The Narjofurr had begun to learn how to better caste the divine spells that would utilize his power, and they began improving upon what arcane power they had, trading valuable metals and jewels for the aid of spellcasters in improving their arcane power.

Barin hadn't thought much of the god who had created the Undead, and so he decided to visit his people. Barins throne sunk into the stone of his throneroom, and soon it was floating over the cities of the Ensi. His quicksilver eyes looked all about. watching these people. It did not take long to discover they were militarized. No doubt this was one of the groups that the war was about, however it took more than one to start a war. And so, Barin soared high overhead, in attempt to locate the location of the opposing army.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #242
    Banned

((I just used up my creation point. So as I understand it I have no more, right?))
    Everyone got three this round. How many have you used?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

The war on the surface was a welcomed distraction and his prediction proved correct, other powerful beings would soon see the value of those which are neither living or dead. He also saw new oppurtunity to occupy his time until he could build the new world he imagined.

One of his followers, a priest of no small power is sent into the Ensi desert to track down the champion of Seskreth. A champion, Vesper did not possess one yet, the thought of it intrigued him though. He would consider it.

Upon finding the Champion, the priest would deliver this message:

"Greetings to you Champion of Seskreth, master of the Ensi, master of the desert, the scorpion king. I bring to you greetings from my master, Vesper, Lord of Death, The Dark Lord, The Unseen Assassin, Lord of the Underworld, The Prince of Hate.

He has noticed your war with the foul being known as Aresk, so-called god of justice and light. Aresk has gone too far in opposing your rule over this desert land and my lord offers you the services of his cult to aid you in battle. In exchange my master merely asks for the capture and delivery of two, a male and a female...of these so called 'Angels' employed by the false god of justice and a portion of the souls of your enemy slain in battle."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

In a outpost located far to the west of the Heart, the Ensi prepared for war, since their scouts had brought back news of an army on the move. They spoke of winged crusaders and lupine creatures. Meanwhile, the Ascendants, who prefered to keep to themselves, rejoiced. Sesketh had warned them about those angels before he sent them to fight alongside the desert folk. Since then, the cruel creatures wondered what they could taste like. Soon, they would have their answer.

The outpost was fortified. It hosted a full garrison; not only warriors, but also some clerics and even a few mages, mainly transmuters and abjurers. They did not fear the approaching troops. Their god was obviously aware of the intrusion on Ensi territory and would send additionnal soldiers in consequence. Spies in distant lands had reported that the mountain folk were a peaceful people. It was possible that only a small fraction of Aresk's soldiers had fought in a real battle, while the Ensi had much experience in warfare already.

At the same time, Vesper's emissary was well received at Basalt Keep. The champion of Sesketh at the time was a warlord named Akpe. The Ensi listened carefully to the emissary's proposal, then sat down to pray to his god. Five minutes later, Akpe opened its eyes and returned to give his master's answer.

"The Lord of War, Sesketh himself, came to me. He wishes for me to tell you this: he accepts the terms of this alliance. Tell Vesper, Lord of Death, The Dark Lord, The Unseen Assassin, Lord of the Underworld, The Prince of Hate, that his help is needed immediately in the West. The Crimson Claw will keep his end of the bargain."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-14 at 12:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

The mighty armies of Aresk, that he had trained HIMSELF, and taught the ways of battle, and war, in addition to the addition of cavalry to his amry, he had stopped by at one of his larger magic using bases, and picked up the order of the shining ones, including the mysterious leader of thi group whos leader was still unknown by any except him, and his highest ranking angel, a bering simply known as Galadriel, the first, and most powerful of the angels.
    The yarrived at the encampment of this god, and went forth to the gate, asking for an audience with this "false god" delcaring terms of surrender must be made, or his keep would be crushed, and his followers along with it.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin watched all this with his jeweled eyes, and he went among the besieged people. He spoke to them, telling them that he would watch over them in defense. From his throne he hovered over the besieged people, offering his divine protection to them, and granting them luck in battle, and the extra strength to survive the trials ahead.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The Ensi inside the outpost listened to their enemies as they made their demands known.

"Terms of surrender? Who are you to come here, in this sacred desert, to insult us and blaspheme against our god?"

In truth, the defenders had been given a message : to hold the fort until reinforcements arrived. They knew that Sesketh's new ally would be sending troops to help defeat this army and their vile master, the so-called God of Justice, Aresk.

Meanwhile, one of the Ensi seeked to meet Barin. He was a sage among his people, wise and benevolent. He had convinced several Ensi to be kinder to the other races. In his mind, the Ensi lived to spread civilization and help the less advanced nations. He didn't see a life of fighting as an end in itself. He spoke to the sky, hoping the Shield would hear his plea.

"O, great Barin. You have come to our aid in this time of troubles even if we never addressed prayers to you. Now that I know who you are, I seek to pledge my life to you. We are not all warmongers. Some of us would like to worship you, even if we pay homage to Sesketh as our creator."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion decided that it would not do to kill the intelligent races for then the other gods would be offended but at the same time he did not want intelligent beings in his forests. So Tion came to the conclusion that he needed a forest that lead intelligent beings away from it.

So Tion created a forest where all things intelligent would be lead away from and that all things intelligent could not see. Though Tion could see and gods and powerful mortals could see if they tried.

Tion moved the bulletes their and tried to move the tarrasque their but found that he couldn't. So it slept.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

The Iron King heard the plea, and his throne lowered until it finally touched down next to the sage. He spoke, his metal voice ringing so all could hear, even beyond the walls. I would gladly take into my service all those who wish it. I am the god of protection, and I will try and protect those who need it. It does not bother me who you pay homage to, so long as you serve me honorably.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion looked at war worriedly, he couldn't join a side otherwise the other side might populate the forests, but if he joined no side then bvoth sides might inhabit the forest. "This should be a joyous occasion with intelligent creatures dying, but it causes me to think too much."

Tion decided to join neither side unasked.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

Then the Scorpion God himself appeared in all its glory. He was standing alone in front of the main gate.

His terrible voice made even the fiercest angels tremble in fear.

"Barin, I ask you to let me battle the Paladin God without interfering. He and I can't coexist in this world any longer. He provoked me, and I shall answer. Protect my people."

He then turned his black pupil-less eyes to the god in shining armor.

"Aresk, you fool! Here you come, bringing war to my doorstep. Your armies will want to pillage, slaughtering innocents as they cross the land, commiting crimes in name of Good. Have you not noticed how much they're becoming...like my own people? You may be skeptical, but I assure you: this is what is coming. Even if you defeat me, I'll still be happy. Because I know I have won."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk seeing the foul, and evil god Barin floating above the fortress consorting with the likes of undead, and other evils, decided itwas time for him to get his own allies into the fight, he grabbed his fastest angelic scout, and gifted him with more speed then angelicly possible, and sent him to go and speak with Tion, on of his only allies amongst the gods.
    The angelic scout arrived at the gods lo9cation in record time, speaking to him the message, Aresk had given him.
    "The lord of angels, champion of good, and high commander of the Shining ones, asks for your assistance in a great battle, against the undead abominations, who shame the natural order, and their allies, the Ensi the maurders that ransack, and kill everything that will not join them in their conquest. We implore you oh great god, of animals, and the non-intellegents, we implore you for to join us, in this great battle, to aid us in our time of need."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

And the God of War remained calm for once in his life. He waited for Aresk to make his move, Slow Death in one hand and the Sting in the other. The Horned Helm of Solummus prevented any mortal from coming closer to the gate.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-14 at 02:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion heard the message while he tried to move the tarrasque, again. After hearing it he realised that he would have to help. Looking at vthe tarrasque he decided not to use it.

Tion came to the place where the warring gods were. "Can I not ask that we come to a comprimise. Just a little whilre a go we came together to create rivers. Do we gods need to fight. Can we just say that neither race can harm each other?"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Bevidia sends a final reply to Tion. My creatures will stay in the forest, but they have no problem with those that are yours. there is little to no interaction. Why can you not see that there are ways for us to interact without hate? She then concentrates and goes swiftly to Erothayce's plane, finding him quickly. You wished to see me?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-08-14 at 02:03 PM.

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

A bold angel tried to step forward, but Aresk merely held up his hand holding the angel back without even touching him, he looked up at the god, a look of firce determination in his eyes, The blade of moonfell in his hand his body flaring brightly with holy light, despite these obvious signs of rage, his voice was clam, and steady
    "So it seems, that the god of war, has choosen for once to come out, and fight like a man. Very well then, let us prevent the unnessceary bloodshed of our peoples."
    He being smart wa willing to let the god of war take the initiative, but only a fool would have no defense, he chanted quitely underneath his breath, holding in energy for the gods charge.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(I thought you created a jungle)

Tion

Tion sent a message back. "I understand that your creatures will respect the unintelligent and though I hate your creatures they can go where they please. But truust me, they will not be able to go into all the forests." Tion watched the fight.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-14 at 02:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Banned

((Mortals can be raised ot very minor diety status (rank-1) by expending one Act of Creation for each one raised.))

Stormthorn to Aresk
    Stormthorn comes before the god of light and with him is a small amry of creatures. They are perversions of the angels. They are Erinyes' with fiery bows, magical ropes, and chaotic hearts. (chaotic form of the normaly lawful Erinyes.) They are the Angels of Torment and they are lead by a mighty fallen Solar, who would have been a champion amongst his race (divine rank-1 Aprox CR-25-27).
    ((see, like that.))
    You are having trouble with some other gods. I can aid you with these, but i would ask a favor in return. Teach your desciples that pain is an acceptable path to holyness.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

They could never leave the original forest. They are bound to their trees. Bevidia sends.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"They are fighting in a way that does not call for allies. He fights solo with support. Now let the two enemies fight, a fight that shall shall go down in legend." And a fight that will lead to the end of the intelligent races

To the nature god. "So that, they shall go as they please was just to annoy me?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-14 at 02:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin nodded to Sesketh. He used his divine might to create a shield around the city. No mortal, not even the mightiest of mortals could pierce its defenses. The only way through the shield was through Barin, and as he stood, his Throne floating down to the city below, his shield and axe readied, the plausability of this seemed impossible for a mortal. The gods would have their fight, but these people would not suffer as a result.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The Scorpion God frowned.

"Get out of our way, Stormthorn. We have agreed to a duel."

He then spoke to Aresk, as the Ascendants were coming out of their hiding place, looking ready to fight.

"Your followers, including Lupines, will be spared. But my children have a thing or two to say to your angels."

((OOC: I'll continue this a little later, in 2 hours or so. I don't want to begin the fight and not finish it. Later everyone.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-14 at 02:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

I said "my creations". I have others now, and could, if i wished, spread the nymphs and fauns. But I was actually thinking of when I create my other protectors, for the other environments.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"I understand that point. I think you should let his worshippers have their words. It is the best thing to do. Trust me I am your ally and I ask for nothing in return." Said Tion. To the nature god. "Are these intelligent creations?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-14 at 02:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    ((Mortals can be raised ot very minor diety status (rank-1) by expending one Act of Creation for each one raised.))

Stormthorn to Aresk
    Stormthorn comes before the god of light and with him is a small amry of creatures. They are perversions of the angels. They are Erinyes' with fiery bows, magical ropes, and chaotic hearts. (chaotic form of the normaly lawful Erinyes.) They are the Angels of Torment and they are lead by a mighty fallen Solar, who would have been a champion amongst his race (divine rank-1 Aprox CR-25-27).
    ((see, like that.))
    You are having trouble with some other gods. I can aid you with these, but i would ask a favor in return. Teach your desciples that pain is an acceptable path to holyness.
    Aresk, turned to Stormthorn, holding is hand up signaling to wait while he addressed this god.
    "I have cast a spell on myself in case of my defeat i will be incarnated anew, though as what it is impossible to tell, but incase of my victory, I will allow my angels this liberty, as a sign of my good will to gods that teach their followers not to kill each other in conquest."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

Stormthorn nods.
    A duel? Then i will respect your wishes. Please, carry on killing one another in your crude manner.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion was wondering about what Aresk said about coming back anew. What did he mean by that. What could he mean by that. Was he bluffing? How could he do it. Tion watched the battle eagerly hoping that the winner would do victory kills.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Banned

((That reincarnation spell is an Act, btw (so i hope you had one left to spend on it). Now if you simply created a new character in the event of death it would not be.))

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

(( New charecter in event of death, he is to be formed from his tortured essence though.)

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion went outside the god of protections protection and started to create four large desert birds in order to defeat the race that belonged to the loser. He used his power to keep the birds away from the two species until the fight was over. Then they would fear the desert creatures.