New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Grarule

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Grarule

Impulse drives you on as you follow the urgings of the strange marble disc you head to the north east into the province of Partiso , your journey is largely uneventful however from time to time in the distance you think you catch a glimpse of a large white wolf . Although such creatures are not native to this part of the world .
    As you journey ever northwards the land becomes boggy and mishappen trees sprout from low pools , the weather becomes overcast and harsh winds blow through the low trees and thick rain pelts your head in bouts reducing visibility in the gloomy swamplands .All in all the journey has become quite miserable only the insistent tug from the disc keeps you moving . The more observant of you from time to time spot large paw prints in the muddier areas .
    Eventually you arrive at a raised clearing in the swamp and suddenly you feel the stange tugging feeling you have had since first picking up the disc disapear.
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Grarule

Aresk, pulls off his prestidigtation SLA, twice to clean off his cloak, and make him feel quite a bit warmer,
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-11 at 11:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Galad wakes up suddenly, still in the saddle. A small pouch and disk had been placed on the Pomnel. As he took it out, a bit of engravement seemed to show... a wolf?

He felt it pull on him. He single-mindedly drove his drowsy horse in that direction. He had no thought of his comrades, just getting to that place.

Galad leads his horse through the swamp, walking beside it and taking out he strange disk from time to time to examine it again.

Marble was a mineral he hadn't seen to often. And the thing pulled him ever closer to the blighted swamp... He looked down and saw his horse shrinking away from the fringes. Galad pushed it forward, urging with a confidence he did not have.

On the clearing was... nothing. Just some wizard cleaning himself off.

"Well met, Sir Wizard. Are you the one who has been calling to me?"
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

It hadn't been a short journey for Jacob, following this strange marble disk: he was dirty, scraped, and quite tired after his long walk. It was times like this he wished he had invested in a horse or some other beast of burden.

However, ponderings on what to buy when he hit his first load of treasure would have to wait for now as he entered the murky, desolate swamp. The mud constantly clutched at his feet, dragging him ever so slightly under with each footstep, as if trying to stop him, but he had come a long way already, and Jacob wasn't going to let a little thing like mud stop him now.

Eventually, he arrived in a raised clearing where he spotted two other figures. A man in some armour who appeared to be performing some magic of sorts, a wierd combination indeed, and another man riding on horseback wearing some big armour, calling out to the magician, though Jacob didn't catch what he said. Perhaps the one with magic had summoned him here and it was some sort of ambush to rob and kill him. If it was, Jacob would not go down quietly!

Drawing his crossbow ready, Jacob quietly approached the two and called out to them:
    "You two! If this is a trap tell me now and I won't scramble your brains!"
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-11 at 12:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk, looked up coldly at the two, his clear, cold blue eyes shining underneath the hooded cloak, all other features of his face enitrely obscured, by the poor lighting.

He spoke to the group in a deep voice, with a distinctly sarcastic tone to it.
    "Yes, your accusations tottaly make sense, seeing as you stumbled upon us, and we SURELY would have given you the opprotunity to speak before we wasted you. Seriously, you people do look rather dirty though, and this place does seem the appropriate place for a trap, I do believe we should be ready in case of ambush."
    with that he drew a gleaming longsword, wth an embrodiered hilt, and a shining gem (its fake) in the pommel.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob gained an instant disliking of the hooded figure. He spoke so arrogantly and acted like he was nothing more than some moron who had come shambling through the woods with no clear idea of where he was going. Ok, so he did have the second part right, but that didn't excuse the way he was speaking. A tiny little voice spoke into Jacob's mind, coaxing on these paranoias. However, Jacob snubbed these thoughts when he realized that it would indeed make a good place for an ambush. Unless of course, this man was the ambusher and it was all a clever trap.

However, he made a good point in saying that it was an easy ambush spot, and decided to work with him for the moment until he was sure of the safety of the place. This did of course still leave the mounted man, though as he hadn't attacked yet he probably wasn't hostile, unless he was in on the arrogant jerk's little trap.

Lowering his crossbow to his side, Jacob cautiously approached the centre of the clearing.

"Alright, but no funny business! I've got my eye on you!" Jacob then directed himself to the silent man "And you, do you know any more about where we are than I do?"
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-11 at 01:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Galad bowed slightly.
    "I am as lost as you both are. Some compulsion led me here, I do not know what. However, I believe you both may have come here for the same reason I did."
    He holds up his marble disk, and tries to be sound as reasonable as possible.
    "Let's make sure our weapons are trained not on each other, but on the outside of this clearing. We do not know what could be in this place."
    Galad unstraps his warhammer and shield and holds them in hand.
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-11 at 06:33 PM.
    Look! It's me!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Having caught the gist of the conversation, Maple sighs and steps into the open clearing, finally ending the disk's persistent nudging.

As the others turn to look, they see an elf, clad in loose studded leather, with an ornate bow on her back and a slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length frizz factory the color of dried grass atop her head.

She quickly throws her hands in the air, each devoid of weapons and one holding another of the mysterious artifacts.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-11 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Sentences separated by endlines because this is a forum and reading should be easy.

9. - Top - End - #9

Galad puts his shield down and strides forward, wary of a trap but smiling. He helps Maple as much as he can, and then stands in front of all of them.
    "Well, then. I hope you have some kind of explanation for this." He sighs internally, knowing that she probably knows as little as they.
    Look! It's me!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Maple sighs again.

No... but I'm glad that this little guy is done messing with my head, at least.

The elf takes one last look at the accursed disc and tosses it over her shoulder, never to be seen or mentioned again. Probably.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-11 at 07:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

As usual Aresk moves up to the elven lady, dropping his hood, and revealing his own gray elfyness, and offering her a prestidigitation to clean off all that nasty dirt, and grime. (he is an anti hero after all.)
    "Excuse me miss, but you do seem rather haggard from your journey, and although my magical repirtore is small, I do have a few spells that can help."

If any MALES inquire about said magic he says
    "Sorry used the last of it on the lady, so you'll have to stick with being dirty for now."

12. - Top - End - #12

Galad abashedly stoops down and retreives the small disk, then pulls his out of his pocket, looking for any similarities or differences.
    (Will wait for DM response on this one.)
    After asking for a small cleanup, and the subsequent tongue-lashing, Galad turns to his companions and forces a smile.
    "It looks like we've all been called here, for one reason or another. Does anyone know why? I, personally, don't remember-"
    He visibly blanches and starts muttering, "oh no... my unit... my unit...! oh, no, no, no...." and casting his eyes about.
    Look! It's me!

13. - Top - End - #13

DrowGirl

Liku had been traveling for days and days with very little food and natural water. Liku carefully watched the group before deciding to slowly walk out of hiding spot to reveal herself.

“My name is Liku from the south, and I’m a paladin of Khazul, are you the ones who called me out” said Liku as she slowly advanced forward.

Liku was about 5’5” and was surprisingly well built for a 16 young girl, as she wore medium armor with a large great axe and backpack. Perhaps she was stronger then everyone else in the area as it appeared she was carrying the weight effortlessly. Nevertheless her muscles were not bulging or grotesque, but were slim, followed natural curves and if she wore regular clothing one couldn’t tell she was strong at all.

14. - Top - End - #14

Galad looks to her with suprise and admiration, also offering his aid to her for crossing the last stretch of swamp. "A paladin, you say? This is surely destiny. We did not call you here, Dame Liku, but we were also drawn here by forces mysterious."
    He looks to his companions, shaking off whatever it was that had him muttering before, and says, "I am Galad, paladin from the border lands."
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-11 at 11:34 PM.
    Look! It's me!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob looks around at the strangers that had wound up in this mysterious place. Some moody womanizer, two uptight holy people, and a grass haired elf. Great bunch. Still, if they had all been called together for some reason, it'd best that he get to know them in case they had to work together in the near future. He also noticed the two disks that Galad and the elf were comparing, and realised they looked simular to the one that had brought him here. Taking it out just to be sure, he concluded that they were most likely summoned here by these things, though who had done so was still a mystery. It could still be that armoured mage...

"Well, I think we can all conclude that we've been summoned here by some unknown person, so I think we'd best decide whether we're going to look around here for some clues on who that person is or, move elsewhere in case it is a trap of sorts." Jacob tried to sound friendly, but at the same time tried to sound cautious in case the ambushers took this as a chance to strike.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    The elf takes one last look at the accursed disc and tosses it over her shoulder, never to be seen or mentioned again. Probably.

As you try to throw the disc away you get a feeling come over you that you should keep hold of it . If you still want to chuck it away make a will save

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn, feels himself being pulled by the disk, and has been trying to resist it's grasp ever since. He evntually gives up trying to pull away from it, so he doesn't tire himself anymore or he would soon faint into exhaustion. EVentually, the disk leads him to a clearing and stops pulling. In there he see's an elf with a longsword drawn, another elf with a bow drawn, a very young looking female human, supporting a battle axe, a man with his crossbow drawn, looking suspiciously at the elf, and a man riding a horse, who looked awfully familiar, as if he's seen him somewhere before.

With his hands lit with magical energy, he raises them into the air ready to cast a spell any second.

"All of you! Who are you and why are you here! Have you summoned me by the means of these acursed disks? Or have you also been taken here by the unresistible power of these infernal contraptions!
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-12 at 07:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

ARESK

Aresk, turned over towards the new comer, and laughed a little, this man thought himself a mage, those spells he wielded were mere cantrips, that he could conjure up in a second not even bearing any thought to it, let alone at the same time showing prowess with a blade.

"Stay, your hand man, we were brought here, by the same accursed disks that brought you to this thrice damned swamp, and if we wanted to hurt you are but one man, and we would have done it by now."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn, after hearing this elfs words, calmed down a bit. He liked the way this man spoke. It was very intelligently, and witty. Vrryyn rarely found that in most people and decided for future references that sudden outbursting threats are usually not the way to go.

Calmly, Vrryyn lowers his hands and speaks back to the elf.

I'm sorry. I apologize for my abrupt behaviour. I hope we can start off on a better page, now that I have trust that you are not enemies of mine. My name is Vrryyn. Please, introduce me to your companions.

20. - Top - End - #20

DrowGirl

Liku quickly declined help from the other paladin. Liku then slowly looked around taking a view as the other two talked. Although she was a bit weary but sudden realization that it wouldn’t make sense to ambush the group instead it would’ve been easier to pick them off one by one.

“Well, the problem with a planned Ambush is that it would be a lot easier take us out one by one, then one instead of a huge group.” replied Liku as she tried not to sound overly cocky or stuck up.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

(( TN, I do both good, and evil acts, so when I tounge lash you while helping the lady, thats merely roleplaying my freind.)

Aresk, points to each of his "acquaintences" naming them off one, by one

He first pointed to a female druid, with VERY frizzy hair, and quite a bit cleaner armour than the rest of the group (except Aresk, who is still feeling rather warm frm the second one.)
    "This fine lady, goes by the name of Maple, she was the thrid one to arrive in this clearing, after the paladin, and the guy with a rather nnasty outlook, at everything."
    He then took him to the Female Paladin, truding through mud, and grime you will notice that his clothing, has almost no dirt on it.
    "And this fine example of a woman, is Liku a paladin of sorts, and the second to last one to arrive, I daresay, you came almost right after She arrived."

He then pointed to the rest of the group giving much less detailed introductions, and almost none at all for Jacob.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn, looking very puzzled, quiety asks Aresk (out of ear shot of everyone else)

Hmm, you seem very diligent to say much about Jacob. Do you just not know much, besides his name? Or do you have, let's say a personal grudge against him?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk, responds in a like manner.

"Lords no, I dont hold grudges, its just that the majority of his talk has been of battle, and ambushes, at least you, and the paladin took being here well enough, that after inital suspisiouns you decided that we needed to work as a unit, rather than indvudals, so that we may get out of this bug infested hell."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn replies, still speaking quietly.

Yes, I feel it would be better to get out of here, this swamp is making my robe digustingly filthy and I don't trust anywhere where a magical disk takes me.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

(I actually have 5 prestidigations for the day, due to my cnatrip SLA's being 3+int modifer, so actually 7, same thing with my dancing lights, and light SLA's which means in total, i have 4 cantrip SlAS left.)

Aresk knelt down, and chanted for about 3 seconds, and from both Liku's armor, and vrynns robes, came about 2 pounds of grime, and muck, as well as making them feel slightly warmer, as the ghostly light surrounded them, and left just as quickly.

Aresk stood from his kneeling postistion, and began to speak.
    "Now I have no idea, who, or what enchanted these disks." he said waving his own around, that had an inscription of a wolf, on a hill howling ominously at a silver moon.

"But this kind of complusion magic, isn't very easy to make, so whatever being that enchanted them must be nearby. Now I dont know about you guys, but survival has always been my number one priority, and if I wish to keep on surviving I think it would be best if we left."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

This man was really starting to get on Jacob's nerves with his cocky remarks, though he made a good point, especially seeing as Jacob himself had made the same point not moments ago.

"Well then, it's good to know we're on the same wavelength and you're taking to my suggestion of moving in case this is indeed a trap." Then, realising he was coming off as quite hostile, Jacob holstered his crossbow to show himself as harmles and happily stated his name "I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I'm Jacob Erwing. Nice to meet you all."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk nodded solemnly,undertsanding full well what he meant, but DAMN was he thirtsty so he pulled out one of his three waterskins, and dwned half the contents offering a seperate one to whoever asked for one IF they asked for one, or showed signs of needing water (LAdies first of coruse), and he motioned for the group to follow him, as he tried to leave the clearing.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vrryyn, confronting his curiosity, walks up to the (male ) Paladin and says

Hello Sir...Erm, I believe I do not know your name yet. But for some reason, you look awfully familar. Have we met somewhere before?

29. - Top - End - #29

"Halt sir wizard. I say you wil HALT."
    Seeing that that didn't work, Galad turns back to his compatriot, the wizard who had just questioned him. "We have indeed. We were on a mission that may have killed us."
    Galad looked at all of them pensivley and, in a commanding tone, said, "Now, we were all summoned here by forces unknown. Forces clearly superior to us. I hold myself to help whatever this being is, for they probably have some authority that we should be willing to follow." Galad looks to the sky. "For all we know, this could be the will of Silva. Or the will of the Twins themselves."
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-12 at 10:19 AM.
    Look! It's me!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Aresk nodded solemnly,undertsanding full well what he meant, but DAMN was he thirtsty so he pulled out one of his three waterskins, and dwned half the contents offering a seperate one to whoever asked for one IF they asked for one, or showed signs of needing water (LAdies first of coruse), and he motioned for the group to follow him, as he tried to leave the clearing.
    As you and any others who decide to follow you head for the edge of the clearing you have a sudden thought that you probably should stay here for just a bit longer .

(Will saves for anyone wanting to leave the circle .)
    Last edited by tophat; 2008-08-12 at 10:34 AM.

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet