New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Grarule

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Grarule

Ohh! Yes! I remember now! But there were more people on the mission besides us. Do you know where they happened to end up?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, aint it convienent that i have a +3 will save

(1d20+3)[10]

]Aresk feels himself magicly compelled to stay within the circle, as if some force is pushing againast his mind.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, I have +3 as well

Will Save! (1d20+3)[5]

Wow... fail...

Vrryyn starts walking to leave the circle, but some unknown little voice in his head is telling him it is not a good idea to leave just yet.
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-08-12 at 10:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earlier in the conversation: Um... <guy starts casting spell> okay... <stuff is clean> thanks...]

[and again: "Wait, I never told you my name..." *brick'd*]

Maple thinks on the circumstances as she waves to the newcomers, trying to be as friendly as she can. Eventually, she forms her own ideas on the subject.

Well, it's probably safe to say that whoever organized this didn't set us up to rob us. Whoever did this snuck into camp and managed to plant it without my noticing, so if they were after my stuff, they could have taken it then. So whoever did this is after us, specifically. And it's probably not just to lead us to the slaughter, for the reasons you guys have mentioned.

She pauses and thinks a little bit more.

So, they either need a group of adventurous people to accomplish some crazy task for them...

...this was actually quite likely, but didn't explain what they needed her for, or why someone capable of making these little artifacts couldn't just do whatever they wanted to do on their own.

...or they want to lead each of us away from wherever we were.

She holds up her disk as a visual aide. As she was about to drop it, the paladin had asked to examine it for comparison before giving it back.

What were each of you doing when you came upon these things?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-12 at 11:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Vrryyn and I were on a mission. A dangerous one."
    Galad was pleased that someone was trying to figure this out logically.
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I believe someone may brought us here to tell us something, or warn us of something. Or to aid them in something they need doing.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk nods slemnly, contemplating this great force that can compel them to do what he pleases, yet has summouned them here obviously for something he could not do himself.

"I do believe, that there is some sort of cmplusion magic sealibng this glade as well, I'm wondering what is so mportant, that a being of such raw mystic power, cannot complete himself, but expects us to be able to complete in his stead."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, whatever the reason they've summoned us all here, it's probably something pretty important if it was some deity. Although it could also have been a magical person of some sort, but then it must still be something important if he doesn't want us gone. I think we'd best get comfortable here if there is some force coming to send us off on some magical task. Oh, and to answer your question, I was just between towns, waiting for a lead on some treasure to go grab."

Resigning to whatever fate had brought them all together, Jacob slipped off his backpack and used it as a cushion until whatever was heading their way crashed down on them.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-12 at 12:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Sir Galad takes the time to examine the small pouch. He turns it over in his hand, and then opens it to retrieve what is inside- a small orb of crystal.

"Wow...."

He admires the shape and hue of it, lost in the godly perfection. He had seen some magic before, but not anything really solid and perfect, like this. He stares deep into it, like a fortune teller at a fair, half-expecting to actually see some kind of vision....
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-12 at 01:08 PM.
    Look! It's me!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk stared for a second, at the odd mystyical ord, when he remembered that he had some Ale in his backpack, and it would be rather nice to have a bit now, and maybe share a bit with the ladies.
    He was fumbling through his backpack, going through his assorted identical outfits, his bedroll, as well as some trail rations, and waterskins, when he stumbled upon an odd pouch, made of the finest leather it was almost sliky to the touch, and yet inside it was a whistle of even finer make, with a dogs head, on the end that the sound came out of. Being rather curious he put his lips to thw whistle, andsounded its call.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

"What's all this then?" a dwarf says as he emerges from a small patch of reeds at the edge of the clearing. Unlike most dwarves, this one does not wear a long beard, but only a goatee and thick mutton-chops. As he draws closer, you notice he wears studded leather armor and carries a rapier at his hip and a shortbow on his back. He walks with his hands and arms raised up just a little. A smile quirks up the right corner of his mouth, tugging his rakish, black goatee with it. "You people sure make a lotta noise, ya know that?" he says with a soft snort.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Galad looks at the orb , but all he can see is the ground , no vision or indeed anything exciting happens.

Aresk blows on the whistle , but hears nothing
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the Dwarf enters the glade , it seems a small buzzing noise begins to eminate from each of the seven discs .
    Slowly of their own volition they float to the centre of the glade and form a stationary circle in the air , a faint glow begins to grow from each of them , and then between them the glow intensifies , lines of a pure white light stretch seemingly random patterns between the discs as the discs begin to spin in the air .
    As the discs spin faster and faster it seems almost as if a room can be seen in between the discs and quickly the vision of the room becomes more substantial .
    You can see in the room an odd pattern on the floor with a table in the centre , an empty goblet lies on the floor and on the table a candle holder lies knocked over .
    Around you still is the swamp but it seems a window into some place else has opened in the middle of the glade .
    The circular opening is about 6 foot wide and high .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob looks on astounded at the magical display that had just happened before him. Excitement tore through his calm demeanour, and he started gasping like a child. "Who saw that coming?" Jacob exclaimed, clearly amazed with the magic display. Curiousity also set into Jacob's mind, as he stepped closer to the window to examine it, and without hesitation, he stuck his hand into the portal to see if anything would happen.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-12 at 01:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Your arm falls off ....... only kidding )

As you push your arm through the opening it feels like pushing through treacle for an instant and then you can see your arm appears to be in the room , you feel if you where to take a step forward you would continue into the room .
    The effect is very strange for anyone looking from the side as it appears your arm has simply disappeared , anyone looking from the other side of the glade sees an arm floating in the room .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

"Well! There's somethin' ya don't see everyday!" the dwarf chuckles. "Ya gonna stand there gawkin' or ya gonna go inside so we can, too? I've had my fill of swamp smells for some time, let me tell ya!"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Believing that the window seemed relatively safe, Jacob steps through to take a closer view of what's on the other side. Provided he can return, once he has looked around the room he'll step back into the swamp to relay his findings to the others in the clearing.

18. - Top - End - #48

Galad moves to enter the room, as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's the pattern on the floor? What metal is the goblet/candle holder?
    Look! It's me!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk chuckles at this dwarfs surpsingly SMALL beard, thinking to himself that, that must not be the only thing small on that dwarf, and then was merely taken aback by the magical display, after all things like this dont require a SUPER powerful mage to do, by still this man must be realtively p[owerful, if he can make a Phase door, like that, or if it was exradimenisonal, it may have been a gate spell, if it was the latter which he highy doubted, then they were dealing with something beyond the scope of most mortal powers, and he shuddered to think of what this man COULD do to them if he became annoyed or angry with them. (thats what he thinks it is, I bloddy max ranks in sspellcraft, AND knowldge arcana, i think I can asssume, I know a few things.)

Aresk, bewing chivalrou, decided that he best check the danger so that way if his blood spurts through the portal, at least then he'll have warned the woman away from such danger, two lives for one.
    He thought as he put his foot thro0ugh the rather large portal, feeling an odd sensation as he did such, and emerged in the room, and inhaled deeply, this place at least SMELLED btter than the swamp. Aresk took a moment to check himself. No Missing organs, check, No massive wounds, check, still in the same body, check. Assured now that it was at least somkewhat more safe than the swamp he poked his head through the portal giving those on the otherside, a disembodied head effects as he spoke in a calm, almost chry voice to the group.

"I do beloieve , that the portal is safe enough no danger so far, and no magic spell has claimed my life, and Jacob is, well hes jacob, so cme on in it certainly smells a lot better than this swampo,and its a little bit cleaner I daresay."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

She was about to comment with regard to the way each of them was apparently bribed with treasure when they recieved their disks, but the portal is the sort of interruption that makes this sort of thing seem unnecessary.

She takes one look at the window... gate... thing, and her jaw drops. Amazing... But where...?

After watching the men walk through, she looks through the window to examine the room, and chuckles as she listens to Aresk's take on it. At this point, it was fairly obvious what whoever had summoned Maple wanted her to do.

But she had to wonder... how far away could this thing lead...?

Hey, guys, um, am I the only person here that's worried about being able to get back?

From the window's vantage point, she scans the mysterious room for an exit of some kind. She may not have been too comfortable in this swamp, but it would still be preferable to a prison.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-12 at 03:20 PM. Reason: The chuckle, and a reexamination

21. - Top - End - #51

"Hm. You're right. But, If we don't do this, who knows what will happen?" Sir Galad grabs his horse's reigns and goes through the portal.
    Look! It's me!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

The dwarf's chuckle becomes a full-out laugh. "Nope, yer not! But what else're we gonna do? Seems we've been summoned by someone with 'nuff power to put a room in the middle of nowhere. Literally!" He does not, however, move closer to the portal.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Further investigation of the room by Gallad and anyone else looking around reveals the following

The room itself is circular and the pattern is on the floor is so that an equalitral triangle cuts across the floor , inside that traingle is another circle and within that circle another triangle this pattern repeats towards the centre of the room where you see a circular table .

You see that the circular table has one central leg that branches into three feet at the bottom , the top of the table seems to be made from two different colored woods , its predominatly maghogany but has three circles of a lighter colored wood , one directly in the centre of the table which is about 3 inchs diameter and two more smaller circles towards one edge of the table .
    On top of the table is a plain looking silver candle stick that has fallen over, it has holdings for 5 seperate candles and 2 feet . A few of the candles are still in the holder , others have fallen out on the table . The candles are plain white candles and look un extrodinary.
    On the floor a plain silver goblet lies on its side .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

"I don't like that the candle holder and the goblet are laying on their sides. Doesn't say: secure to me!"

25. - Top - End - #55

Doors/windows?
    Look! It's me!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

The dwarf's chuckle becomes a full-out laugh. "Nope, yer not! But what else're we gonna do? Seems we've been summoned by someone with 'nuff power to put a room in the middle of nowhere. Literally!" He does not, however, move closer to the portal.
    Galad's take on the situation was illogical at best, but the Dwarf made a pretty clever argument.

Hm. Good point, haha, she smiles. What's more, this was getting more interesting by the minute, and as any elf would tell you, anything that's still interesting after 100+ years of nomadic wandering is worth looking into.

Oh, I think you might have missed the introductions, she says to the dwarf. My name is Maple.

[Writing things out of order due to ninja influence...]
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-12 at 03:42 PM. Reason: MOV'D

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk, moved out of the way swiftly at the new rush of a horse, and various other odditis, and began investigating tyhe room for idden door, or other hidden things of importancdee , or vlue.l

(take twenty, and stopping if anything important happens should take me about 5 minuets to search the whole room from top to bottom, with my resulst of, 23.)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Grarule <also MOV'D>

<EDIT: As they shake hands, she apparently hears his name as "Keen Sunderguard," but he's a dwarf, and nobody will ever know the difference anyway, so it's okay!>

When their attention turns back to the subject of the portal, the dwarf's observation drives her to realize something about the scene.

Oh! I think that this might actually be an emergency! I don't know how it could have worked out this way, but whoever was in this room a moment ago could be in trouble... granted, it probably has nothing to do with the reason we're supposed to be there... but still...

She sighs. Well, I guess I'm in, then... are you coming, Kiehn?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2008-08-12 at 03:56 PM. Reason: cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehn Sondergaard

The dwarf smiles broadly. "I heard most of 'em!" He holds out a massive hand in friendship. "Kiehn Sondergaard, at your service, Maple! A pleasure to meet ya!"

He nods and waves her ahead of him. "After you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pronunciation: KEEN SONE der Guard.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-08-12 at 03:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelFuster View Post
    Doors/windows?
    Neither of either.

Aresk's search dosent turn up anything else of interest .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet