Spirit Archer
    With help from Robert Frost.

Uryu Ishida, a master spirit archer

HD: d6

Requirements
    Alignment: Any nonchaotic
    BAB: +3
    Skills: Martial Lore 2 ranks, Spot 8 ranks
    Feats: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (longbow)
    Maneuvers: Ability to use 3rd level maneuvers from the Falling Star discipline, including at least one stance and one strike.
    Special: Must carry a holy trinket, as a sign of your devotion to your order of spirit archers.

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Escape Artist, Forgery, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Knowledge (religion), Listen, Martial Lore, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble and Use Rope
    Skill-points per level: 6+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Bow damage
    1st|+1|+0|+2|+2|Spirit bow +1|1d8+Cha
    2nd|+2|+0|+3|+3|Vicious bow stance|1d8+Cha
    3rd|+3|+1|+3|+3|Craft spirit trinkets|1d8+Cha
    4th|+4|+1|+4|+4|Spirit bow +2|1d8+Cha
    5th|+5|+1|+4|+4|Bowmaster's stance|2d6+Cha
    6th|+6|+2|+5|+5|Radiant arrow strike|2d6+Cha
    7th|+7|+2|+5|+5|Spirit bow +3|2d6+Cha
    8th|+8|+2|+6|+6|Efficient trinket crafting|2d6+Cha
    9th|+9|+3|+6|+6|Stance of the ultimate arrow|2d8+Cha
    10th|+10|+3|+7|+7|Arrow of death, spirit bow +4|2d8+Cha
    [/table]

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
    1st|0|0|0
    2nd|1|0|0
    3rd|1|1|0
    4th|0|0|0
    5th|1|0|1
    6th|1|1|0
    7th|0|0|0
    8th|1|0|0
    9th|1|1|0
    10th|0|0|1
    [/table]

Weapon and armor proficiencies:
    Spirit archers gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each level except 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th, a spirit archer gains new maneuvers known from the Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind and Falling Star disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full spirit archer levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
    At levels 3rd, 6th and 9th, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 1st and 6th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind or Falling Star disciplines. You must meet the stances prerequisites to learn it.

Spirit Bow (Su): At first level, you are capable of channeling the power of the spirits around you into a solid weapon, in the shape of a longbow. This weapon counts as a normal longbow in all respects, except is has a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls and is considered magic for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. You do not need to have a quiver of arrows, as your religious trinket automatically reloads with another spirit arrow every time one is fired. Your bow also deals a different amount of damage depending on your level, as indicated on the chart above, aswell as adding your Cha modifier to damage(as also indicated on the chart).
    At 4th level, the enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls increase to +2, and again to +3 at 7th level and +4 at 10th.
    Lastly, you are capable of using martial boosts and strikes normally reserved for melee attacks through your spirit bow at range.

Vicious Bow Stance (Su): At 2nd level, you are capable of increasing the power of your bow at the cost of your own health. You take a swift action to lose the benefits of any stance you're in to gain the benefits granted by this stance. When in this stance, you gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls with your spirit bow and it is considered to have the vicious weapon property.

Craft Spirit Trinkets (Ex): At 3rd level, you are capable of creating and using special magical trinkets designed only for the use of spirit archers. This counts as having all the appropriate prerequisites for creating the items. For a list of spirit trinkets, see below.

Bowmaster's Stance (Su): At 5th level, you are more adept at both dealing damage to foes and stripping them of their magical abilities. You take a swift action to lose the benefits of any stance you're in to gain the benefits granted by this stance. While in this stance, your bow is considered to have the vicious weapon property, except the extra damage dealt to enemies increases to 4d6 damage. Additionally, once per round you can take a standard action to fire a spirit arrow and if the arrow hits and deals damage, it inflicts a dispel magic effect, with a caster level equal to your initiator level.

Radiant Arrow Strike (Su): At 6th level, you learn a unique strike that channels the spirit energy around you into a severe damage dealing blow. This is treated just as a normal martial maneuver: you must ready it and expend it normally. It is a 5th level strike, and does not belong to any discipline. By taking a standard action to fire your spirit bow, you gain a bonus to the attack roll equal to your Cha modifier and if the strike hits, it deals an additional 10d6 points of spiritual damage and the victim must make a Fort save (DC 15+Wis modifier) or be stunned for one round.

Efficient Trinket Crafting (Ex):
    At 8th level, you're capable of creating spiritual trinkets with greater skill and efficiency. When crafting spirit trinkets, it takes only 50% of the normal gold and time spent on making them, but XP costs remain the same.

Stance of the Ultimate Arrow (Su): At 9th level, you become the master of your spirit bow. You take a swift action to lose the benefits of any stance you're in to gain the benefits granted by this stance. While in this stance, you gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls with your spirit bow, and it is treated as having the vicious weapon property, except the extra damage dealt by your bow to enemies increases to 6d6. Additionally, you may take an additional attack with your spirit bow per round at your full base attack bonus, this extra attack is considered a touch attack and ignored hardness and damage reduction.

Arrow of Death (Su): At 10th level, you are a master of dealing out death blows with your skill in spiritual archery. Once per encounter as a standard action, you can designate one of your spirit arrows to be an arrow of death. This attack is considered a touch attack and if it strikes, the victim must make a Fort save (DC 19+Cha modifier) or be instantly slain. This is considered a necromantic death effect.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-09-24 at 10:53 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Quincy Ripoff [PrC]

Spirit Trinkets

Soul-blade
    Many spirit archers are not fully adept at using a bow and nothing but, so long ago the soul-blade was made. If used in the hands of a spirit-archer, the bow is instead made into the shape of a longsword, dealing the same amount of damage as your spirit bow but usable as a melee weapon. This also grants the wielder the ability to use maneuvers normally. The critical range and multiplier is 19-20/x2 and the damage type is slashing.
    If the wielder so chooses, they may fire the soul-blade as if it were a spirit-arrow from their spirit bow. This gives a +2 bonus to the attack and if it strikes, counts as an automatic critical hit. Once fired this way, a soul-blade becomes useless and nonmagical for 24 hours.
    Weak evocation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, spiritual weapon; Price 6,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Glove of Destruction
    The ultimate weapon of the spirit archers is a glove that sucks spiritual power from the surrounding area at a rate unimaginable. When wearing the glove, the enhancement bonus of your spirit bow increases by +1, to a maximum of +5. Also, you may expend the power of your glove and your soul for ultimate power. By shattering a portion of your glove(a free action), you increase the enhancement bonus to +6, and the damage dealt by your bow increases to 10d6+Cha modifier for 1d4+1 rounds. Once this duration has ended, the glove is destroyed, you lose 2,000 XP and you are incapable of using any of your spirit archer class features until you level again, and until you level another time, you receive a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls with your bow and damage dealt by it decreases one die size.
    Strong transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Wondrous Item, tenser's transformation, true strike; Price 16,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-11 at 08:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to make one. 'cause it's just that awesome.
    Last edited by Robert Frost; 2008-08-11 at 08:23 PM.
    Special Thanks to Kopaka for the wonderful Avatar!

Spoiler
    Show
    "I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
    I took the one less traveled by,
    and that has made all the difference."

--- Robert Lee Frost

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

*Kisses Krimm*

I am now officially gay for Krimm Blackleaf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strongarm Warrior: An actually worthwhile Monkey Grip-focused PrC!
    Guyr Adamantine Avatar by Tomb Raven.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tried to use the link for the Falling Star discipline, and it doesn't work. You might want to take a look at that.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guyr Adamantine View Post
    *Kisses Krimm*

I am now officially gay for Krimm Blackleaf.
    I'm sorry my heart belongs to someone else... No one in particular, just generally no one with a penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by otakulrd86 View Post
    Tried to use the link for the Falling Star discipline, and it doesn't work. You might want to take a look at that.
    Hmm... I might have to find somewhere else with that discipline to link it to.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    I'm sorry my heart belongs to someone else... No one in particular, just generally no one with a penis.
    Hey, I'm making an exception for you.

Enough stupidity of my own, now, lets help.
    Additionally, once per round you can take a standard action to fire a spirit arrow and if the arrow hits and deals damage, it inflicts a dispel magic effect, with a caster level equal to your initiator level.
    Aren't standard actions already limited to once a round?

Not an error per se, but am I the only one thinking that making the Viscious property stances deal more damage as they grow in power to be a better option? I mean, +6d6 on all attacks at the expense on 1d6 hit points is a marvelous tradeoff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strongarm Warrior: An actually worthwhile Monkey Grip-focused PrC!
    Guyr Adamantine Avatar by Tomb Raven.