New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the Dragon - Party 1

Seeing the sign, Sarinan is conflicted, "I would prefer not to overstep our authority, but given the circumstances I will not stop those of you entering either. I will see what I can discover outside of the house."

The Adept will stick to searching around the perimeter of the house and yard. He does look in each window, but does not enter.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sakthriss

Sakthriss trudges along stolidly in his heavy armor, bringing up the rear of the group trekking to Thamior's house. Upon noting Egel's concern he shrugs.

"We are not thievess stealing insside in the night; Thamior himsself invited uss here. I ssee no reason not to abide by the city's wishesss, but if you disagree it iss not my place to sstop you."
    My homebrew project: 3.5e generic class overhaul

3. - Top - End - #63

Zair

As Riven reaches for the door knob, Zair speaks up, "Remember how the people in the inn acted. Thamior was their protector, mentor, and guide. They are in pain, and ready to lash out at anyone or anything. You are a stranger and to them and totally disregarding their legal and lawful attempts to find their own answers. Assuming they don't lynch you in the street as Thamior's murderer, at the very least they will try to imprison you. How many would you have to maim or kill to kept that from happening? And don't be looking to the rest of us for help, because such an action will pull down problems on us all." Inspite of his words he makes no action to physically stop them.
    Last edited by estradling; 2008-08-28 at 11:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven looks back at Zair, consternation clearly written on his face, "You're making an awful lot of assumptions there about people you don't know, my friend. Especially when we were told by everyone in the inn that if we wanted to be helpful, we should try to find something that they missed. And if Thamior's not dead, would you really want a sign to keep you from helping him?" Seeing that several of the other are ready to follow him in, Riven opens the door and peers in.
    "It's a trick. Get an axe."

5. - Top - End - #65

Zair

"The people in charge posted the note on the door, clearly stating their intent and desires. The people in the inn are desperate but not in charge. Admittedly I am assuming the reaction of desperate people whose authority and power you are trouncing, but I don't think it is that far off. "

6. - Top - End - #66

The door, which looks like it might have been forced open, is unlocked. Opening the door, anyone who looks inside can immediately see that the place is a complete mess, which things alll over the place.
    Thanks to banjo1985 for the amazing Avatar.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven turns to look back at the others, "It looks like the house has been ransacked." He steps into the house to let others take a look, while his eyes scan around the room.

Spoiler
    Show

spot - (1d20+1)[19]
    listen - (1d20+1)[11]
    search - (1d20+2)[4]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground

Egel

Looking at Sakthriss Egel says “By your leave then.”
    Moving towards the door he calls to his companion “Blitz, think id like your nose on this.”
    The pair move into the building after Riven “So what are we looking for?” Blitz puts in as he begins exercising his senses. Egel scans the room, needing only the dimmest of illumination “anything out of the ordinary” after thinking a moment he raises his voice slightly so the rest of the group can hear “but don’t touch anything you don’t recognise, this is the home of an alchemist after all.”

Spoiler
    Show

Egel
    Spot (1d20+12)[26]
    listen (1d20+12)[29]
    search (1d20+4)[5]
    Low-light Vision

Blitz
    Spot (1d20+7)[18]
    listen (1d20+7)[23]
    search (1d20+8)[13]
    Blindsenses, Keen senses
    1: Dragon wings are cool
    2: Colour coded dragons is illogical and hypocritical
    3: An angels wings are whatever shape the angel pleases
    4: Ever heard of a "fallen" demon?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Brannox

Brannox just mopes as the door opens, revealing the complete mess the state of the house is. After the initial shock of the discovery has worn off, terror freezes him still. "How could Thamior survive this?" He thought, he knew that this was either the work of someone involved in a fight, or a search. Whichever it turned out to be, Thamior was in grave danger.

Brannox takes afew hesitant steps inside. Entering a house without someone's invitation felt awkward to him, as if he was not wanted. It was well known back North that Brannox never liked being inside, especially not in tiny rooms.

Just before picking up a small item laying on the floor, he listens to Egel and decides not to touch anything afterall. Instead he raises a hand to his sword, keeping a hand on the grip, ready to draw if anything out of the ordinary decides to jump at them. Silently, and gracefully as a mountain-lion, he walks around the room, just keeping one eye on the mess, and the other on the rest of the rooms.

Spoiler
    Show

Brannox takes 10 on Spot and Search, for a total of 10 on each.

10. - Top - End - #70

Riven, Egel, Blitz, Riven only!
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the house is in complete disarray, it appears as though absolutely nothing was damaged in any way. Everything appears to have been spread out all over the place, but very carefully and methodically.

Egel only!
    Spoiler
    Show
    You think the house is normally fairly neat, but has been very thoroughly searched.

11. - Top - End - #71

Zair

Not in total agreement with searching the house Zair remains outside and watches for trouble.

Spoiler
    Show

He is playing lookout

Spot Check - (1d20+5)[9] he's got darkvision

Listen Check - (1d20+5)[16]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven begins to slowly step through the house, "Well, someone took a great deal of care in making this mess."

Looking up at the others he says, "I'm not sure where to start. If you were a wizard leaving clues, where would you put them? Anybody can see magic?"

Spoiler
    Show

He'll move into the house slowly, searching. Can you describe the layout?

13. - Top - End - #73

The layout of the house is fairly basic. The doorway is a 15x5 hallway, which leads into the main room. The room looks to be about 50x50, with stairs leading up in the far corner. You don't see any other doors on this floor.

14. - Top - End - #74

Brannox

"Well, if I was a brilliant wizard I'd probably leave some clues where I spent most my time, like my study, or sleeping-room."

Brannox does not wait for an answer, he walks upstairs and strides through the second floor, looking for the sleeping-quarters.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

"Wait up!" Riven calls to Brannox. He heads up the stairs after the warrior, with his globe of light floating over his shoulder.

16. - Top - End - #76

For everyone:

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, who are we waiting for here?
    Last edited by Mathis; 2008-09-11 at 04:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

The second floor is about as big as the first floor, and just as messy. There is a bed in the far corner, the sheets in a tangled ball on the floor. A drawer has been emptied all over the ground in another corner. Bookshelves that line the close wall are empty, all of the books having been strewn over the ground.

18. - Top - End - #78

Brannox

Brannox enters the sleeping-quarters warily, Riven probably following close behind. He gives the state of the room a quick glance before he yells down at the others in his booming voice: "Just the same up here! Shall we go back to the town?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Riven

Riven looks around at the mess with Brannox, uncertain of where to go from here. "I'm worried about the old wizard, but I suppose back to town is the best option."

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler
    Show

((Hi Everyone,

I have returned from an amazing vacation, but unfortunately will not be returning to PbP gaming. The break game me a chance to focus on reorganizing and refocusing my time/life.

I have lots of things I want to take up and shift my time toward, and unfortunately online gaming is one of the things that must be cut to make it all happen.

I really enjoyed my time with you and wish you much enjoyment in future games.

Bene))