New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default 4e Campaign - Woodside Heroes

You all wake up in your room at the Adventurer's Guild in the town of Woodside. There's a strange mix of choking smoke and air to natural and fresh to believe. The sun is shining bright into your rooms, only the fainest of shadow clipping onto your foreheads. It sounds like nobody's awake with footsteps, yells, choking and what you can imagine to be a fellow sliding down a banister as loudly as possible. You vaguely remember that you have to be downstairs at dawn, but the sun seems to have passed that time.

What do you do?
    Last edited by Otogi; 2008-09-01 at 05:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 4e Campaign - Woodside Heroes

Shanon

Shanon wakes up and blinks at the light in her eyes. She smiles and gets out of bed.

"Ah, what a lovely morning." she looks into the mirror to see that of a beatiful young human girl with black hair and green eyes. She checks herself before casting prestidigitation to clean herself up as neat and tidy as can be. Then with a snap of her fingers she's dressed, get her things, and heads out the door. She's ready to take on the day.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Gray

gray gets up, dresses in his black and screaming orange weapon caot that match his dark orangeish skin
    he scratch his head trying to remember why he had to get up att dawn(roll whatever for me)
    but gets down to eat, lunch or breakfast whatever is served
    Last edited by bloodyfool; 2008-09-01 at 07:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Öremus

Öremus came out of his trance in the common room of the guild without any obvious movement. He listened first for activity, then looked, then unfolded himself from the floor next to the hearth.

The trestle tables had been moved out into the floor of the common room again, and the sleeping travelers that filled the floor the night before had either woken or been woken to make room. The porter, apparently, had been somewhat more circumspect with a high elf still in his wargear.
    Either that, he thought with a fractional smile, or I wasn't in the way.

He leaned on his hewing-spear, working the stiffness out of his back.
    Last edited by Destichado; 2008-09-03 at 07:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Derkison

Derkison rolls out of bed, chipper as usual in his early morning bliss.
    Ah..good old morning sun, how I love it... He looks out the window towards the rising ball. What's the story morning glory?

With his morning rituals over he walks over to where he leaned all of his stuff against the wall and, slowly, savoring the morning bliss, bent down and picked it up before walking out his door, a smile on his face.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon

Shanon heads downstairs and looks around, rather sure she was supposed to be down here but noticing it might be late.

"Oh well." she thinks "If it was important then I'm sure I would remember." she then heads to the kitchen, ready to make up a big meal for everyone in the guild who's waking up at the time.

She starts off by boiling up some water for coffee or tea (with just a snap of her fingers!) and then freezing some more water into ice (with ray of frost). Within a minute, she has tea and some ice water flavored like juice ready to tide people over while she gets to the eggs, bacon, and bread all cooked up.

It doesn't take long for the delicious smells to reach every room.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Öremus worked the stiffness out of his back and took a seat at the long common table. He occupied himself rubbing rust specs out of the blade of his eating knife.

Not long after, the smell of bread and bacon reached him. He had thought himself late to rise, but apparently he had not missed the food. Setting his kit aside, he wandered to the kitchen to see what was to be had.

Inside he found a comely girl he had never met, surrounded by an aura of power. Like most Eladrin he could sense the presence of magic, and unlike most he liked it little -it had a way of putting him on his guard. But this morning and he was in a good mood; the girl was fair to look at and there was food to be had. So he ignored the magic and offered to help.

"Good morrow," he said. "May I aid you?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon

Shanon smiled, "Well, you can help clean up these plates for me. They have breakfast on them." one quick use of mage hand later and a fresh hot plate full of bacon, eggs, and rolls sits in front of him along with a sparkling clean cup for his beverage.

"I'm Shanon, by the way. I don't quite recall seeing you around here before." she looks him over. "Did you spend all night with your armor on? That can't be very comfortable... or clean."

She sets out a few more ready plates for any others who might arrive and takes one plate for herself, happily eating the hot food fresh from the skillet.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Öremus

He smiled. She was indeed young, and showing off. But no matter. With age she would learn... many things that required age to learn. He took the plate with a nod.

"One grows used to it," he said dismissively. "It is a useful habit to cultivate in the wilds; among other things, the armor makes the ground soft. I am called Öremus."

Among his own people, or even the Elves, a formal introduction would be called for. But after many decades of living among the varied races of these lands, he learned that few not of the elder race would know of the cities of the Feywild, or the great houses within them, or their many client families. So he made do with a single name.

"It has been several years since I was here last. I have been in the north lands, fighting and reaving for the marcher lords, and their wars run long. You would have had to be very young to remember me."

Öremus looked about the room around them. "The hall has not changed much, I think, or the town. It is good to come back to things one knows."
    Last edited by Destichado; 2008-09-03 at 10:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Gray

stering his steps to the good smelling room he walks in to the kitchen disliking seeing a eladrin and grabs a plate of the good looking food leting out a "Thank you" between his teeth.
    and sitting down in the far end
    Last edited by bloodyfool; 2008-09-04 at 06:04 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Derksion

Derksion gingerly hops to the kitched.

Well, good morning, I smell deliciousness! Mind if I steal a bite?

He was in an extraordinarily good mood this morning, and waking up to a delectable smelling kitchen never hurt anyone's mood....well, maybe not never, but that's a story for another time.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon

"Well, it won't get any fresher if it you leave it out will it?" she jokes, setting a full plate of breakfast and a glass of orange juice flavored ice water in front of Derksions seat.

As they eat, she says. "Well, it looks like we may be the only ones up so far... though I can't help but wonder if there was some business we were supposed to get to. Anyone have any idea on why we're here?"

"I'm here mainly because I hear that an arcane caster can make good money helping out a team of adventurers. More than I make cooking and cleaning at least." she shrugs, as much her powers help in everyday tasks she knows that her talents could do so much more. Though coming to terms with her nature... well, it would change things quite a bit to be sure.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"True enough," said Öremus. "A wizardess can easily find a place in a hedge lord's court, but when you wager your life, the pay is always better. War pays best of all, but the risk is greatest. Soldiering at peace pays little, but at little hazard. In all other tasks the chances you risk are equal to the pay you can demand."

He paused a moment, thinking about the money with a heel of bread still in his hand, and he shrugged. "And if you do not demand it, in coin or in kind, then you had better enjoy the work."

14. - Top - End - #14

"...And of course, you only stain your hands with food, not corruption" A ethereal, yet commanding voice calls out from almost nowhere. In a few seconds, the shadows of the kitchen's stove begin to grow darker and move closer to the table. In a few seconds, it even manages to distance itself from the table. A woman with pale skin, dark clothing and many piercings appears hunched overs when the shadows return to their normal spot, and she stands up, a form very limber and muscular. Her eyes, unnatural, take in everything infront of her. "I think most of you know me, or I think you would, but if you don't, my name is Ven'iella, and you have some work for the ma-", she says, stopping in her words for but a second. "-guild leader. Come quick, however. He handles your tardiness very well, but I won't".

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon

"Ven'iella... that does sound familiar." she says to herself, glancing over towards the spice rack almost reflexively. She notices the dishes left out and with a quick flourish of her hand whatever leftovers remain on the pans and platters are scooped into a bit of wrapping paper, frozen, and set in her backpack.

She carries her pack over her shoulder and holds out her wand at the ready. "Well, looks like its time to head out."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Öremus wrinkled his nose in distaste at the crude theatrics of the guildmaster's... assistant, and dabbed up the remains of his eggs with the last of his bread. Humans, he thought, treat everything carelessly. From magic to acting to the construction of fireplaces. He set the plate aside and strode back into the common room, nibbling as he went.

The others passed him on their way through the hall while he bent to take up his shield, satchel and throwing spears. He tied them all into a bundle at the end of his longspear and hefted the whole affair over a shoulder and followed the others to the guildmaster's chambers.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Gray

disturbed by not getting the chance to finnish his brekfeast Gray try his best at remain sitting eating at a peaceful pace. but finaly gives up and run after the other "hey wait up"

18. - Top - End - #18

Derkison

Derksion jumped up at the image and drew his weapon, ready to fight off any daemons that might come. After some time, it seemed the thing meant no harm and, after it had explained itself, he put away his weapon, although he would keep his guard up.

....fine, show us what it is you need to...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon

With the food taken care of, Shanon stops and takes another look at Ven'iella. That complexion didn't quite look human and she of all people knew that appearances could be deceiving.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight: (1d20+0)[1]
    Arcana: (1d20+9)[26] (to tell Ven'iellas race and what magic was used to exit the fireplace.)
    History: (1d20+9)[24] (to see if she remembers Ven'iella, the guild leader, or whoever else Ven'iella's master could be)

20. - Top - End - #20

"Very well then, fallow me" Ven'illa says, stepping outside the room. As you come along with her, she goes up the large spiral staircase in the middle of the room. As you go up, you can't help but think that it gets smaller as you go to the top. Your suspicions are confirmed, as you get further up, you have to form into a more organized line until you get of at the near top. There you see three people - on the left is a drow woman in a flowing pale robe with long white flowing hair and the same colored tattoos running all over her body. To the right is a young man in bronzed armor with a symbol of a six-pointed star on it. He has pale white hair, ghostly white skin and two large wings in the back. He stares at you friendly demeanor. In the middle is a man wearing golden robes, dark hair and a strange, charismatic aura, looking at you with eyes with wisdom that defies his age.

(Shanon:)
    Spoiler
    Show

Insight: It's hard to pick up on her emotions for you, but she says the leader wants you, so you better go with her. She does serve him, after all.

Arcana: Ven'iella is a Shadar-kai, a race of humans from the Shadowfell who traded the Raven Queen their souls for power. They're sinister and have a bleak view of life, as well as putting a greater value in personal achivement then themselves as a whole, but not evil. The power she just used was an enhanced version of the Shadow Jaunt that shadar-kai were given as a gift from their patron.

History: Ven'illea is a well-known member of the Adventurer's guild in Woodside, going back as far as the last attack of Noche Guerrero 10 years ago, and the master she serves is Alexandro Zeladol, the enigmatic but kind sorcerer, leader of the Adventurer's guild and unofficial ruler of the North District (the South District being under control of Lord-Mayor), coming from a line of magicians that ruled this district for the last 150 years.
    Last edited by Otogi; 2008-09-13 at 08:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Derkison

The half-breed walked slowly, carefully. Following. He was obviously wary of such an odd introduction and appearance. As he followed he half expected each doorway to be trapped or the room to riddled with daemonic infestations. And if they were, you could be sure, he would be ready.

Finally coming to the three other people, it didn't relax him at all.

So...what do you want, chief? he smirks.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon

The magically inclined cook looks at the three new figures and tries to recall who they may be.

Spoiler
    Show

Arcane: (1d20+9)[29]
    History: (1d20+9)[22]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Öremus leaned his spear-bound bundle against the doorframe of the stairwell and stepped into the guildmaster's chambers. He took one look and laughed with sharp-edged mirth.

An angel, a drow and a wizard.

Reflexively his hands went to the hilt of his longsaber at the presence of the dark branch of the Elder race, but he thought better, and turned the motion into a warrior's posturing and kept his hands rested on the pommel. A sorceress or a priestess, he wondered. The wizard was keeping strange company of late.

One of the benefits of walking the world for hundreds of years was tending to meet a few people people on the way. Of course, that was also one of its curses -which was why he slept in armor. Alexandro, though, had been a congenial -if not precisely friendly- passing acquaintance. And a reliable employer.

"What's this about, Alexandro?" the Eladrin asked skeptically. "What are you up to now?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

GRAY

Gray tagged along upp the staires not liking the defensive possibilities of the staires that one man are supposed to do all the job himself. and not have the abilityto rely one a friend on the side and and be dead if the enemy have the best fighter

in the room he sees the figures and try to remeber them

he then walks up to the winged man and extends his hand with "Hi I'm Gray I don't think I have Had the pleasure"
    Spoiler
    Show
    history [roll]d20+8[/roll]
    Last edited by bloodyfool; 2008-09-19 at 10:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

"I'm glad to see you all got out of bed this, well, afternoon" the man with a golden robe says. I'm pretty sure most of you haven't seen or heard of me before, with you being new arrivals in town, that is. My name is Alexandro, and I am the head of this guild to which you align yourselves with." He smiles possibly the most warming grin you've ever seen, nothing short of what a star would give off. "There are a few requests from our fair town that a few, hard-working or not, people would like to see tied off."

"The first are two prisoners, a doppleganger and a wolf clansmen who plea they are innocent. Their story is something about imposters who stuck them in there, but I don't know it in full. They're in the prison, but visiting hours closed about an hour ago, so you may have to be a little persuasive if you want to see them"

"The second is a kanaima woman from the north district complaining that a man has been calling out his love for her, and that it is a love most unrequited." The drow woman winces her nose in a sense of distaste, but reaffirms herself. "You'll have to actually go see her about it, but I can tell you that the persistence of which this man possesses may call for a more violent method. You may find her in a shack one or two blocks away from the Noble Daemon"

"The last one requested is of a man who has the opposite case as the woman, a knight who has lost his love to a sorceress. His lover is still alive, but he cannot rescue her because of a mystic aegis bound against him. As woe often drives men to a haphazard and inconsistent life, you have to find him yourselves" Though Alexander says it with a friendly face, you notice that the warrior next to him bows his head down.

Alexander Turns his back and starts walking toward a set of doors a couple of feet away. "I'm sorry we have to cut this so short, but if you have any questions, just ask my compatriots. They'll be here until they've quenched all your curiosity. Is that right?" The two answer simultaneously with a "Yes, guildmaster" that has a loyal tone, but you can't help but hear a feeling of disappointment in it.

(Shannon:)
    Spoiler
    Show

Arcane: Alexander is a sorcerer, and a powerful one as far as you can tell. He also seems to be well versed his knowledge of abjuration and warding rituals the way he describes them. The woman doesn't seem to have any arcane powers as you can tell, though there are a few magical items that you can sense she's carrying on her person and the warrior's armor seems to be magical, too
    History: This man is Alexandro, the leader of the guild. The two next to him are Elianah and Audilo. Elianah is a medium from the former belowside of town, while Audilo is an aasimar warrior. Both of them have served Alexandro for quite a white, it seems even before the shift.

(Gray:)
    Spoiler
    Show

History: You know that this is Alexandro, but the two next to him are a bit of a mystery to you.
    Last edited by Otogi; 2008-09-20 at 02:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

So.....we're just gonna do this one at a time, then? It'll be difficult, but we can do it! What'ya say guys?...and gal...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Gray

turning to the his brekfest company "Yea it's the right thing to do but we should do them all more or less at once. sinse we can find out more details on the problem from these guys" pointing at the drow and winged one with his thumbs
    "I think we should start with the staker we just talk to the girl find out where he lives from her and if she don't know we follow her until he shows up and "have a chat with him"
    The prisoners we can take care of tomorrow when visiting hours opens up
    "

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Gray

after talking he start to think about what he have heard on the streat

Spoiler
    Show
    streatwise [roll]d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by bloodyfool; 2008-09-21 at 06:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanon turns to Gray and nods. "I agree, we at least know where to find the young girl. I say we work on her case first, then the prisoners when the visiting hours are open and finally the knight when the other cases are done with... though we might be able to handle two or more of them at a time if we can work our schedule right."

She stops and thinks, "Actually... if the prisons visiting hours stopped an hour ago and we just had breakfast... what time is it?" she asks the two remaining guild members.

30. - Top - End - #30

Yes...that is a bit.......odd. Is it later than we thought, or is it some sort of...nocturnal prison. But, honestly, I agree, let's do what we can now, and get them done with.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin