New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Land of the Dragon - Party 2

You all arrive to the village of Eterna the afternoon before the summer Equinox. The first building you run into is, based on the wooden sign that hangs over the entranceway, The Eternal Pub. The building is rather old, and looks like it could use a serious maintenance job. Dependant on how observant you are, it may not even have caught your eye, had it not been for the note pinned to the door. The note, which stood out due to how new and crisp it was, compared to the ratty door, read as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by The Note
    I have made arrangements for anyone responding to my invite to stay here free of charge tonight. Please meet me at my place midday tomorrow.

Thamior

Spoiler
    Show
    Please read the OOC Thread before posting IC. Thanks!
    Thanks to banjo1985 for the amazing Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the Dragon - Party 2

Drake

Drake smiled as he walked through the town. This was a long journey, but from Thamior's note, it should be worth it! He steps up to the inn and glances at the note on the door. Entering, he looks around. I suppose it was too much to hope I might see my old mentor here. He walks over to the bar, "Excuse me, I'm Drake... a guest of Thamior Glanodel."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-13 at 08:40 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. - Top - End - #3

Looking around, Drake sees no one behind the bar. Taking a quick glance to the room, he sees a Dwarf walking towards the bar, from the far corner of the room. Coming to a stop in front of Drake, the Dwarf sets down a filthy rag, before addressing the question. I dunno nottin' aboot guests. That's Tom's job. He be the Inkeep 'round here. He don't like ter be 'round people, so he stays in his room unless someone's here ter make a bookin'. If yer want ter talk to him, its tha firs' door on yer left, top o' tha stairs. 'Course, if yer lookin' for dinner or a drink, I be more than willin ter serve yer.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Taniella

Taniella paced back and forth on foot, making wide circles that slowly got smaller, like the rings found inside a tree. Her circles were centred around the beautifully aged building. Blue eyes as wide open as the sky were busy marvelling at the careful craftsmanship that must have gone into the Inn. If it hadn't been well-made, it wouldn't still be standing, she thought happily. She was starting to love these humans.

Even among the mortals, there was such a respect for the woodlands that they refused to replace the old timbers that had made the Inn. This wasn't the only old building she had seen on her way here, so she figured it was probably true. The inventor grinned with glee. Ehlonna, the greatest goddess the woodlands had, would be so very pleased! After making a quarter circle around the building, she peaked her head out at the side of the corner. Curiously, a human male walked into the building.

Was he supposed to meet mister Thamior as well?

Taniella considered it, then nodded to herself when she thought she would just ask him herself. She tottered towards the door and went inside.
    Last edited by Charm Caster; 2008-08-13 at 11:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake looks thoughtful. An innkeeper who doesn't care to interact with people... that's an interesting choice of profession. Kind of like if I decided to be an alchemist, but couldn't bear to taste magical potions. He nods to the Dwarf, "Perhaps I'll be asking you about a meal shortly, but I suppose I should find out what the innkeeper knows about my lodging here firs..." He pauses, seeing a tiny, but extremely beautiful creature walk into the inn. Wow... now that's an nonhuman I wouldn't mind knowing... too bad we're not of a size. He shakes his head, realizing that he is staring in a very impolite manner. He looks at the Dwarf, lowering his voice, "Do you know that beautiful creature that just walked in? Is she a local?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #6

Can't say I know her, lad. Donnae wha yer see in her, though. Seems a lil' too wee ter be of any use.
    Last edited by SensFan; 2008-08-13 at 12:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake smiles, looking down at the Dwarf, shaking his head, "I don't know about use... I've never judged people by their size; but she's very easy on the eyes." He nods politely to the Dwarf and turns, smiling and bowing his head, "Good evening, Lady."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-13 at 12:22 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Yip Yip

Walking down the road, a strange feeling came over Yip Yip. I am going to see him again. After all these years.

Slowly opening the door, he looked inside. Seeing the dwarf behind the bar, he assumes he is the innkeeper.

Excuse me, but the sign on the door said to stay here for the night.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

9. - Top - End - #9

Flyn

Down the way from the inn is a sad sight indeed. A dirty looking elf in tattered clothes sits with a small bag resting in front of him with two coppers tossed into the bag, apparently from passersby. He coughs and wheezes when he breathes. He looks around a lot, and if watched for a steady period of time, appears to be keeping an eye on the door to the inn.

Adventurers. Normal Dress. Looks like a job for Blade Knifestabber.

"Ahem, thank you, gods bless." Flyn nods agreeably to the copper dropped from hand of a merchant walking by, and coughs a bit more, just to make the merchant feel better about his donation. He waits until the road is cleared of people who are paying attention, grabs up the bag, slowly stands, and lifts the back-pack that he was sitting on. He slips off into a side alley and grabs some items from his pack, a waterskin, a bundle of clothes, a narrow sword, a bow and quiver, a pile of what appears to be shimery chainmail and a large chunk of soap, setting everything out neatly on the ground.

He scrapes of a bit of soap and returns the rest to the bag. He slips out of the tattered shirt and wets his hands and rubs himself down quickly, taking off the dirt of his costume and slicking his shaggy hair back in the process. He lets himself air dry as he packs the tattered peasant clothes back in the back and slips into the pants and boots of his traveling outfit. He reaches for the pile of chainmail and shakes it out, then he practically tosses it up in the air and dives into the shirt. He shudders at the cold of the metal against his damp skin and quickly reaches for his shirt and cloak and gets into them as quickly as possible.

He dons the rapier, quiver and bow expertly, and tosses everything else back into the bag. He then reaches into the bag and pulls out a stack of similar papers, sifting through them he pulls out the letter addressed to Barry Knavestubber, smiles at his little joke and heads back out to the inn.

He enters the inn and announces his entrance dramtically, "Ahoy! I am here, Blade Knifestabber! Theives and ruffians cower in front of my weapon! Ha ha ha! I am here at request of my dear friend, Thamior!" Flyn draws the rapier as dramatically as he speaks the words "cower in front of my weapon." His pale blue flash of double entendre as he laughs at his own joke.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

10. - Top - End - #10

Kobold

Yip Yip

Cower in front of his metal stick ? Heh, that thing looks like a pathetic toothpick. What I wouldnt give to see him cowering in front of my sword...just so I could impale it through his skull...

11. - Top - End - #11

Flyn

"Of course, none of you look like thieves or ruffians! So there will be no need to cower." Flyn sheathes his weapon and looks about the room with a serious look on his face.

"However, there may be a need for .... DRINKS! All around!! I'll take an ale." Flyn calls out to whomever is working there (he's not really sure) and drops a couple gold on the counter to pay whomever.

As soon as he figures out who works there or not, he inquires of the dwarf, lowly, "So, do you have some sort of list of people that are expected?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Hi,” she answered enthusiastically to the human she had followed into the inn. Taniella echoed the greeting for the good evening, including calling him Lady. In the brief moment she realized her mistake, she corrected herself and laughed, suddenly nervous.

A plethora of rehearsed phrases rushed through her head. Taniella hesitated then, tried tugging together appropriate words for her thoughts. Her mind realized in the vacuum of silence that this would be the first time she wouldn't have anyone around to help her with linguistics.

The supposedly common-tongue was her third language learned – the first to ever take route in her intuitive mind being Elven and then Gnome. She had improved drastically in Common since first meeting the outstanding elf alchemist she had come to speak with. Most of their last conversation years ago had been in Elven with acorns of common called on for the sake of practice.

Idly she wondered what was his first language, and if he knew any others. It was just one thing on a growing list of what she didn't know about him. But from what little she could see, he was much taller than she thought. Not for the first time, she wondered if humans were the largest creatures in the world – besides dragons. Nothing was bigger or scalier than a dragon. But despite the friendly human's height, his eyes had a wonderfully down-to-earth appearance, but that might have been because they were brown like his hair. Like green, she found it a calming colour.

I'm mister Thamior's friend, Tania,” she beamed a bright smile at the human. “I'm here to him meet. Are here you to mister Thamior meet too?”

It seemed, however, that someone else wanted to answer. Just then an elf burst through the door, and Taniella looked on in surprise. The new entrant was a whirlwind of words and – she guessed from how self-assured he was – wits. He was tall too, however the human had more height. This mattered little to her; they were both taller than her. She wondered how often they both bumped their heads on door frame. A more disturbing thought occurred to her then, though, making that question less important.

The elf strode to the counter, and Taniella tapped him lightly on the kneecap.

Excuse me pardon,” she continued in common. She had already been taught it was rude to speak in a language that others around her didn't understand. At least, this was true when it wasn't a private conversation. She clutched her short-bow closely to herself in a self-conscious manner.

Are there many lots of fiefs and ruffians around here?

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if this is awkwardly paced. I basically tried to put it in this order: Drake talks to me ---> I respond ----> Elf enters and talks ---> I ask Elf a question.
    Last edited by Charm Caster; 2008-08-13 at 04:00 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

After a long day of walking, Kain marches up to the inn door. He ducks his head to enter the inn, grumbling about low roofs as he does, and looks around.His gaze lingers on Yip Yip for a moment,Red scales, he's good,but then he looks at the dwarf behind the bar. Dwarf, it's been a long day on the road and it looks to be a long wait until I get to see my old friend Thamior. Give the best beer that you've got. He drops 3 gold on the bar, This enough?

14. - Top - End - #14

Kobold

Yip Yip

Ok, his death will have to wait. He gives free drinks !

A pint of ale for me too. On my new good firend !

15. - Top - End - #15

Flyn

Flyn smiles gently and leans down to the creature tapping at his knee. "Fear not, little one. Theives and ruffians won't be a problem for us."

His eyes widen excitedly and he says to Tania, "Now, little one, let us entertain the rest of this lot with stories of how you met Thamore, and see if that sparks other's tongues to loose their stories of how they met! I suppose a thimble full of ale would be sufficient? I entreat you, little one, drink from my mug."

16. - Top - End - #16

The Dwarf, who had previously maintained a relatively calm composure, considering the people that had just entered the building. When the warforged entered, though, he was momentarily stunned. He was even more stunned a few seconds later, though, when he saw the gold pieces dropped on the bar counter. He quickly grabbed the coins, before reaching for a couple of mugs. The mugs were far from being clean, although they seemed to be as clean as the mugs were at the establishment. Kain's mug seemed remarkably clean by comparison, though.

Ye be wantin' tha best? I be givin yer notin' less than some o' this here top-notch Dwarven beer. Does the ragged mooch besides yer want some o' this too, or are ye gunna be purchasin' him somethin', shall we say, lesser?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake looks a little lost as suddenly the inn's common room is filled with travellers, all apparently here to see his old mentor, the alchemist. He raises his voice, "Excuse me, but if you're all here to see Thamior, I have been told we need to discuss the matter with Tom, the innkeeper, who is upstairs. I shall go now and inform him that there are several guests who are here to stay the night." He steps forward then goes down on one knee to put himself closer to Tania's eye level, "I'm pleased to meet you, and I'd love to talk with you when things get a bit less boisterous around here, my name is Drake and I'm a wizard and an alchemist." He switches to the elven tongue, <We can speak thusly, if it is preferable to you, when I return.> He stands and nods to everyone else, speaking common again, "I'll be right back." Then he goes up the stairs to Tom's room and knocks on the door.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #18

The door opens and through it squeezes a massive frame. Pulling it's self to full hight the creature towers at nearly 16ft. What is not covered in armour is coated in black scales, it's right hand rests on a great mace.
    "Well, what do we have here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

19. - Top - End - #19

Flyn

"Yes, definitely, nothing to fear of theives and ruffians. Large dragon creatures and mechanical mostrocities on the other hand." Flyn turns to face the bar he stands at, takes a deep breath, slowly releases it and turns back to the room.

"Welcome, my new friends! We were just about to hear the story of how 'Tania Met Thamior.' I'm certain it will be intriguing!"

20. - Top - End - #20

"Let's hope it is."
    Looking around the room he spots the dwarf "Well, let's get me a drink," slaming 10gp on the counter "it'll take more than your normal mug of ale; make it strong and deep."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

Yip Yip

I wonder if a normal mug of beer for him involves a keg...

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kain picks his drink up carefully, so as not to break the glass. Looking at the giant half-dragon that just entered the inn,"It suddenly seems far to crowded around here." Kain starts looking around for a chair that can support his weight.
    Last edited by SenbonKageYoshi; 2008-08-13 at 05:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Taniella

Taniella watched as a well-moulded union of metal and magic waltzed nonchalantly through the door. She only held open-mouth awe for the fantastical example of a truly masterful inventor.

Amazing,” she whispered in Gnome, her eyes eagerly tracing every motion of the warforged. She had never thought she would ever see one, and never this close before. More surprising still, she had never known that it needed to drink anything. She watched curiously, wondering if the ale would leak out of it.

The only one that brought her out of her reverence was the elf. Taniella took the mug from him thankfully. She looked down at the alcoholic liquid, and smiled warmly at the tepid drink and the kind elf. It all reminded her of all the wonderful potions her father had made for her.

Hoisting the mildly heavy mug to her lips, she drank gratefully. It was rude to decline a drink from a new friend; and someone she had just met would never have a reason to mislead her. Especially someone that was just being courteous. Her first sip tasted like a potent mixture of cherries, that had been generously stomped with tree bark, and then poured into an invisibility potion. It was incredible.

Again the trixie looked down at the concoction curiously. If she had been taught anything by working under a potion making gnome, it was that the stranger the taste of a liquid, the more wondrous the witchcraft. She wanted to know what this one would do to her. Second and third mouthfuls were swallowed to speed up the process and then gave the mug back. But just as she was handling her own mouthfuls, the human was dealing with his own, explaining the situation.

Even though she couldn't remember what boisterous meant, Taniella grinned widely when he introduced himself as an alchemist that spoke fluently in Elven.

I'd love to talk when you return, Drake.”

A bubbling feeling of happiness started touching her then when she watched him go up the stares. Taniella blinked uncertainly, her mind being unable to tell if that was because of the dwarven drink or the friendly human. She had no time to consider the question because an imposing figure of eclipsing height, with scales as black as burned steel covering mountainous muscles that clutched a wicked looking weapon in it's claw. Taniella backed away uncertainly, clutching less at her bow and more at the elf's leg. She remembered a saying her mother had taught her about dragons when she was tiny.

Gold as the sun, come out for fun. Darker than night, run and don't fight.

But Taniella started relaxing when the elf called the dragon-like man his friend. She thought it over, and realized that if the elf was her new friend, and the half-dragon was his friend, then that meant that he might have wanted to be friends with her. Her grip on the elf's leg was fully relinquished then. The elf then brought her story that he wanted to hear so very badly and she hadn't begun yet into prominence.

Nervously, the trixie dragged a stool and climbed aboard it. It was annoyingly one size too tall for her, but her wings helped make quick work of it. Strangely she felt very lanky and shaky climbing up and even sitting down on the stool, her head feeling a little heavy. She used both her hands to clamp down on the stool.

Mister Thamior used to my dad know, because both were supreme potion makers! And potions are as butterflies, they taste the beautiful but look not as good. But then Mister Thamior came visit to lab while I was also apprenticing in laboratory. He was is friends with Mister Thamior and, friends are like oranges you always wanted more, and Mister Thamior sent a message to my dad,” she paused at this part, and she smoothed down her blue trousers, which were stained by many mundane and magical ingredidents. Much like most of her clothing. She even noticed a few new marks she had never seen before, and scratched at them futilely before remembering her story.

And...my dad sent me instead of him to self, and I'm asking here Mister Thamior if I'm alchemist apprentice, inventor to his because...the lab my dad and I have is very big but too small for me the end.”

Taniella swung her legs back and forth uncomfortably, hating the attention because she had essentially now lied to everyone. She started making half-magical symbols subconsciously, and avoided eye-contact with everyone. Her head couldn't explain why her eyes felt droopy and she felt happier.

Uhhm. Mister elf...your turn!” she giggled.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, again, the order of events go in this post: Warforged enters ---> elf offers drink ---> Drake introduces himself to Tania ---> Scary half-dragon enters ---> Attempt at story telling from inattentive pixie.

I'll switch it up in case anyone wants it differently. I wasn't really sure how to piece it all together.
    Last edited by Charm Caster; 2008-08-13 at 06:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Flyn

"Lovely, Aier*, for now I know you speak my language, I have decided on a pet name for you, because you are adorable and delightful. And you spin a delightful tale of intrigue and passion." Flyn winks at the trixie.

"Please, call me Blade, or any other name you can think of for me, if you like. But do keep it clean, once Drake gets back, there will be children present. Ha!"

The little one is using her papa's letter. Perhaps I should use my copy with old-what's-his-name's as the recipient of the letter. I did manage to convince to go a completely different direction and he will arrive days later. Should be enough time to use the information... and, most importantly, get away.

Spoiler
    Show

*Aier is elvish for Short one. According to this website, at least.

And crapsticks, I now wish I have made him have more charisma. I didn't know what the character was going to be until it started spewing from my fingers. Ah, well.
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-08-13 at 06:32 PM. Reason: most important part, and I can't speel

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake knocks at Tom's door again, when there is no answer the first time.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

26. - Top - End - #26

Drake

The door opens slowly, revealing a very old man. The Human looks like he might be about 6', if he was standing up. He is hunched over quite a bit, though, which takes about 5-6 inches off of his height. He looks like little more than skin and bones, and moves very slowly. It appears that he would not be able to walk, were it not for the staff he uses. The staff, a long piece of wood, is far from 'perfect'. It is twisted, knarled, and has a large amount of knots. It looks very well-used, beat-up, and worn out.

You don't need to knock twice in a row like that, sonny! You're disturbing this old man's peace! Now, can I get you a room for 1?

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if the "2nd knock" was just RP, but I hadn't posted since you first posted that you went upstairs and knocked at the door. :P

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake nods, "Several rooms actually, there are a good half-dozen people down in the common room, all apparently here to see Thamior."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #28

Drake
    At those words, the old man seemed to flinch, and stiffen up slightly. Look son, now's a pretty bad time. I suggest that you folks all come back later, when this whole mess has been resolved.
    Last edited by SensFan; 2008-08-14 at 09:40 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake looks concerned, "What do you mean... what mess? Didn't Thamior make arrangements with you? Remember, most of us just arrived, has something happened to Thamior?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #30

Oh, you don't know? Oh dear, how should I say this? He seems very disturbed. Well, uhhh...alright, I'll put it to you straight. Thamior supposedly discovered a new substance, one he has been doing heavy research on of late. Well, this morning he went off to do his research, as he always does. He was supposed to be back about 6 hours ago, and no one has seen him. Some people went to his house a few hours ago. Elendra, his raven. She's dead.