New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the Dragon - Party 2

Drake

Drake nods, "That does sound serious... did anyone actually enter his lab, or see any other signs of violence?" He pauses, "Also, is there anyone actually investigating what may have happened?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Drake

Yeah, we got some of the town's best investigators looking into it. No sign of violence at all. Perhaps you misunderstood. You see, when a wizard makes a special bond with an animal, that animal becomes attached to the wizard in ways no one can understand. If the wizard dies, then so does the animal...

Yip Yip and Flyn only, please!
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can hear the majority of the conversation between Tom and Drake, from downstairs.
    Thanks to banjo1985 for the amazing Avatar.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake nods, "That's true, but the reverse isn't... if the familiar dies then the wizard doesn't usually die. But thank you for your information... I'd better tell the others; and thank you for your assistance." He bows his head respectfully and goes back down the stairs. "Everybody... listen up. The innkeeper has told me that Thamior is missing and his familiar appears to be dead."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-14 at 04:12 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #34

Flyn
    Spoiler
    Show

crapsticks, I was ninjaed

Meanwhile, downstairs, and in a time warp all of the chatting down here was supposed to happen before Wiz arrived....
    Flyn face looks concerned for a moment as if he'd forgotten something.

He's dead? Excellent! Well, horrible, but it helps, in a way.

Flyn snaps out of it, and smiles and proceedes with his story.

"Well, since everyone is waiting for me to tell you all how I met Thaimor. It was ages ago, it seems. I forget what town we were in, but I happened across him in a street where some little child had bumped into him and well, had obsconded with a bag of what I guessed was gold. Thamior was completely unaware and I quickly grabbed the child and dragged back to Thami, as I call him.

"The child returned the bag, and Thami was so overwhelmed by gratitude. You see the bag had not gold, but a special set of potions of greath value, maybe one of your family's, Aier. And Thami offered me gold, but I insisted that it was nothing, and instead we spent the day talking and discussing how the world is falling apart with all these theives out there."

When Wiz appears and tells the group of the news, Flyn is aghast. He reaches to rest a hand of comfort on Tania's shoulder, and covers his mouth with his other hand, shaking his head and finally, lowering his head and whispering a little prayer in elven under his breath.
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-08-14 at 04:23 PM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"What!"Roars Kain leaping to his feet. "Where was he last seen? What is being done to locate him?". As Kain says this he unintentionally crushes his beer glass in his fist, but he doesn't seem to notice.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake frowns, "I'm told they have their best investigators on the case... but I wonder. If they left Tom with the impression that Thamior must be dead because his familiar is dead, they may not be all that good. Perhaps we should see if, as a group, we can assist them in finding him."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #37

Flyn

Flyn, still distraught from the news, stands and speaks, "Um, yes, well. That would be am .. an excellent idea." Flyn stutters a bit, a bit broken up about the whole situation.

"We should, yes. As friends of Thamior, we own him that much."

8. - Top - End - #38

A very large, muscular man overhears Drake. Look boy, you think you can just come in here and call our investigators trash? You better have another explanation for why a raven drops dead of no apparent reason, right when his master happens to be missing!

Oh, and has for you,
    nodding towards the warforged, he was last seen this morning, when he came here to talk to Tom. He was supposed to be back here several hours ago, but no one has seen him since.
    Last edited by SensFan; 2008-08-15 at 06:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Flyn

Flyn looks around the room, surprised to see that there's anybody else in the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Wait, there's other people in the room?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake looks at the man, and bows his head deferentially. "I don't mean to insult your investigators, sir. Already, you've given me information that Tom apparently didn't have. For that reason, since all are acquaintences of Thamior, I think we should at least assist your investigators. No matter how well you know him here in this town; one or more of us might have information that you don't have, which could help locate him or his assailants. However, I do apologize, and if - in the stress of hearing about trouble to my old mentor - I perhaps spoke hastily, and made you feel I was putting down the accomplishmants of your fellow townsmen, I am truly sorry."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Yip Yip

Wait, did they say he is dead ? NO ! He cant be dead !

If no one has seen him, then we should go look for him ! I dont really think he is dead either, though...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

12. - Top - End - #42

"hmm... this is disturbing news. I will help in any way I can."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

13. - Top - End - #43

BlackDragon

"If Thamior needs my help then I will gladly offer it"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake looks at the large gentleman, "Perhaps you could direct us to Thamior's home so we could meet with your worthy investigators?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #45

Thamior lives on the far side of town, maybe a half-hour walk. Just walk due west of here, and you can't miss it.

Anyone who can make a DC 10 Survival check
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sun is setting as we speak, so due west is pretty easy to find

16. - Top - End - #46

Flyn

"Yes, excellent. It's the least we can do. And should we find the unscrupulous person that did this foul deed, well. Bring him to justice. Sounds like a find plan."

Flyn leans in and gestures that everyone listen closely, he looks up at the dragon-creature and leans towards Tania and says, "When I'm done talking to the folks near our level, could you hop up to his ear and relay what I'm saying? Excellent."

Flyn speaks very lowly, barely a whisper, "We should probably avoid speaking of the reason for our trip to anyone outside of this group until we better understand what has occurred. No doubt our travel and whatever's happened to Thamior has the same root cause."

Flyn waits for the Trixie to flit up to the dragon and whipser in his ear.

"Well, then, let us go find Thamior!"

17. - Top - End - #47

BlackDragon

"Well? What are we waiting for?" Kain walks out of the inn and starts to walk towards Thamior's house

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake joins the others, walking toward Thamior's place.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #49

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just waiting to see if anyone objects to leaving for Thamior's. I'll update this in about 2 hours or so. Assuming no one objects, I'll assume you all leave.

Everyone outside also notices the sun is setting (although don't necessarily make the obvious connection is they can't make a DC 10 Survival check, see previous post)

20. - Top - End - #50

Squeezing through the door once again Leo starts off with the rest of the party. After another large gulp from his keg he says "What are we waitting for? Good question, let's go." (yes I brought the keg)

Spoiler
    Show
    So right my land speed is 25ft, if that is the slowest in the party I can always fly.
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-08-19 at 06:08 PM.
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Yip Yip

We are waiting for everyone to post...heheheh

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival check: (1d20+8)[10]
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

22. - Top - End - #52

Alright, so the party heads off towards the other end of Town, following the setting Sun.

You walk through what appears to be a decent-sized village. You see what looks like a good mix of shops, but can't really tell any specifics, since the lighting is poor and you are walking fairly quickly.

After walking for about three half an hour, you seem to be leaving the central area of the village. The buildings become much more sparse, the path is a little more rough, and the setting is becoming more natural and forest-like.

Another five-ten minutes and the path comes to a close, leading to a large house, surrounded by a large number of trees. The trees create shade that blocks a large portion of what little light the Sun, which has almost fully set, provides.

23. - Top - End - #53

Flyn

Flyn walks along beside the group, keeping a leasurly pace and doing little to change the somber tone of the group. He looks around at the town with elven eyes and sees opportunities here and there to take advange of the twilight conditions. He tracks them in his head and moves with the group.

Later, Blade. If the old man got killed for it, this substance is worth more than petty theft in a village market.

Upon arrival, Flyn offers, "If you'd like, I can speak with the investigators. Somehow, I think, some of you may put them on edge." Flyn glances out of the corners of his eyes at the construct and rather large winged creature in the group.

He then turns to Tania, "Perhaps, Aier, you would accompany me? I'm sure seeing your cute face will melt the hearts of even the toughest investigator."

24. - Top - End - #54

Listening to his new companions suggestion with a small chuckle and a wiked smile on his face "I supose that's one way to get them to talk."

OOC: I have dark vision and lowlight too I think(can't check mythweavers down) so the setting sun is not a problem.

25. - Top - End - #55

BlackDragon

Alright, you talk to them. But you let me know the instant you find something out.Kain moves to stand near Leo.It's getting dark, don't other people sleep at night? No matter, I will not lose time in my search for Thamior.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake nods to Flyn. "You can talk for the moment, though I will accompany you."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Taniella

The revelation had long shaken Taniella into a state of quiet. Even the effects of the oscitancy potion – that exotic elixir Blade had offered her – had worn off almost immediately on hearing that the master alchemist might not be okay. Now the giddy sleepiness was replaced with quiet dread that came through clearly in her eyes. Thankfully mister Thamior was well-liked by everyone, and everyone wanted to help. So she trekked with them quietly to the house, thinking of other possibilities, like maybe someone had hurt the raven familiar because it had tried to take something shiny from them. But the idea didn't ease the tension the trixie felt. Her hands started making half-symbols of magic again without instruction.

When they arrived, Blade arrested the position of leader, offering great ideas in a tactful way. He mentioned that some of them might not be a calming sight. The kind elf didn't tell the giant half dragon that he was scary, but Taniella guessed with a guilty glance that Blade was talking about him. She smiled eagerly when the elf offered her the chance to help more; was about to announce she would gladly help. But then Drake insisted he wanted to come. The trixie looked at the alchemist-linguist curiously.

Drake had been the very first one to find out about what happened to mister Thamior. The wizard had only teeny-tiny seconds more time to consider the awful possibilities, but it must have made him feel much more eager to help. Maybe even more than she wanted to. It wasn't fair for him not to help first.

Understanding, the trixie nodded sagely to herself. Jogging briefly to Drake, she grinned up at him as she grasped his hand. Then, gently towing him towards Blade, she took the elf leader's brave hand, and then put the hands of both of them together, leaving her out of the makeshift handshake.

I'll stay help here everybody look for clues outside. Sir Blade, friend Drake and you are very cute enough to melt all hearts!”

Confident that this was an ideal plan, she regarded them with happy hopefulness before turning away. She glanced around, quite able to see at night. Then she started investigating a suspicious set of wild flowers that looked a little too glum in the moonlight. Almost as if they'd seen something terrible. Taniella crouched down next to them. If she had learned anything from druids, it was that plants could talk, and that they were wiser than other beings. Unfortunately she was never taught how to speak to plants. Instead, she hoped these wild flowers were wise enough to know how to speak to her.

Whispering, Taniella asked in Sylvan, “Excuse me, I know you're resting now, but could you please say if you know what happened to mister Thamior? He was the elf alchemist that lived here.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Turns out trixies get low light vision, so I can see everything just fine.

But yup. Talking to a bunch of flowers. I can't help but think that my investigations won't go all that well. Unless someone directly requests my help again, goodluck everyone else looking for clues.

If anything I might go into the house myself when the flowers give (or don't :P ) their co-operation.
    Last edited by Charm Caster; 2008-08-21 at 09:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Flyn

Flyn can't help but wonder if anything could be more cute. He turns to Drake and says, "Well, if your mind hasn't changed because she's staying here, we should go find the investigators. I'm surprised that they don't have anyone out here preventing people from terrorizing the daisies, but to each his own."

Flyn walks to the house and looks around for the investigators.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

Drake smiles at Taniella as she questions the daisies. "You're more than welcome to come with me and Flyn. I wasn't saying I should replace you. But please, do as you think best..." He chuckles, "I've never had much luck talking with flowers." He turns and follows Flyn into the house.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #60

Flyn

Flyn whispers to his companion as the approach the house, "Remember, don't mention the substance we are here to hear about, and, in fact, don't offer any more information than necessary. We were invited for a visit as it's been a while since we saw him."

"Oh, and if these investigators are good they will ask you for your location and doings since Thamior disappeared and the last time you saw him. Tell the truth, but keep it simple; mention any public houses you were seen at in the last days of your journey. If you don't remember something clearly, don't guess. The last thing we need is a friend of Thamior being accused of anything, and desperate investigators will blame anyone they can if they get stuck. Oh, do you speak any other languages than Elven?"