New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default The Angry Men do it again: SAVE THE COWS!

LOL! I love this stuff, they've been having a dry spell, but somebody set the dial to funny again today and cranked this out:

Help Save the Noble Cow!

Proud idiotic Erfworld fan.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Angry Men do it again: SAVE THE COWS!

Cookiemonster not use cows for milk, cookiemonster has secret magic beings that freely or forcibly have their milk taken.(Forcibly, for not-freely given milk tastes better for the evil people)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

I you want to save cows, become a vegetarian like me!
    White text! Woot!!!!!!!

Even more white text!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know less than half of you half as much as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve--Bilbo

Banners and avatars by Zephra

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

This makes no sense at all.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    This makes no sense at all.
    The idea comes from the fact that cows have almost entirely been bred to the very edge of stupidity and no longer have any place at all in nature.

If, suddenly, the entire world was to stop eating beef and drinking cow milk (switching to tofu and soy milk, I suppose ), the cow as we know it would die off, entirely, as there is no place in nature for them and no reason to keep them around here.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sponser a vegetarian - I love it! I know a few vegetarians who would be very upset by me eating more meat to make up for their lack. My boss is vegetarian so when there is a work potluck all the food is vegetarian. Ironically, no one else is. It's like everyone is thinking "don't bring a meat dish." I try to bring dessert. There are not too many meat-infused dessert recipes.
    Awesome avatar by Lanky Bugger

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Well, yes, I understood that. I just think that preserving a species only makes sense in a natural environment, to keep the biodiversity stable or something. Preserving a species, even though the individuals might suffer a terrible life, is rather foolish in my opinion.

I think this thread will be locked soon because this topic will certainly cause some ugly debate between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Let's keep it nicely.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by d'Bwobsling View Post
    I you want to save cows, become a vegetarian like me!
    if you want to save cows, become a vegan like me!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by reorith View Post
    Doesn't necessarily follow. It's entirely possible to keep cows around on a farm setting and take there milk while protecting them from harm. It's a classic symbiotic relationship.

However, it's not quite the case in most industrial milking operations as they do kill the cows at a certain point. But in theory, it's entirely possible to save cows while only being a vegetarian. Actually, if one were to eat cow that died naturally then it would be possible to be an omnivore without harming anything. Though that's not really practical.

Jus' saying.
    Praise Caine! Hail Sabbat!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Semidi View Post
    Doesn't necessarily follow. It's entirely possible to keep cows around on a farm setting and take there milk while protecting them from harm. It's a classic symbiotic relationship.

However, it's not quite the case in most industrial milking operations as they do kill the cows at a certain point. But in theory, it's entirely possible to save cows while only being a vegetarian. Actually, if one were to eat cow that died naturally then it would be possible to be an omnivore without harming anything. Though that's not really practical.

Jus' saying.

to be honest, i just wanted to trump d'bwobsling.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

what if I wanted to sponsor 2 vegetarians?

Actually, if one were to eat cow that died naturally then it would be possible to be an omnivore without harming anything.
    being chopped up into little pieces for people to eat is another natural cause of death.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2008-08-22 at 06:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Save a cow. Eat a protester.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pants_Guy View Post

being chopped up into little pieces for people to eat is another natural cause of death.
    I am using natural here to mean "without human intervention." That is how it is usually used in the context of ecologically.
    Last edited by Semidi; 2008-08-22 at 06:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow, I've been saving cows my entire life! I never new I was so heroic.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am using natural here to mean "without human intervention." That is how it is usually used in the context of ecologically.
    So humans are unnatural?

I don't see how me eating a cow is any different than a coyote eating a cow, except that for some reason, as a human, it is seen as "wrong" by some people. Besides, even if they shut down all the slaughterhouses and stop mass production of beef, I will continue to eat meat, even if I have to hunt my food down in a loincloth with a spear.

Meat rules.
    "Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!" - Minsc

My DeviantArt: http://jlechuga.deviantart.com/
    If you like my work, feel free to watch me, favorite, tell your friends, or make a request. It might take me some time, but I'll take a crack at just about anything thrown my way.

If you'd like to use any of my pictures, just a link back to my DA page will work for credit. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BooTheHamster View Post
    So humans are unnatural?
    even if I have to hunt my food down in a loincloth with a spear.
    You sir, have gone up in my book.
    Sorry, but I just gave out my last internetses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #17

I'm sorry, but I don't find this funny in the least, vegetarian or not. For your information, not all vegetarians are pot smokers, we do not "support terrorism," and we do still count as "intelligent life," at least as much as any of you. This entire reasoning is based on the fact that cows were domesticated so they could be eaten by you, and if you want to have a flimsy excuse to eat three times as much meat just because I made a personal choice, please do.

I'm fully aware most of the points above were probably intended to be sarcastic, I just don't care.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Um, Vespe, that site was set up so people who though of unreasonable, nonsensical, and generally internet worthy rants would get a chance to air them once in a while. Methinks you're taking a joke a little too seriously.. I'm a hippy, always have been, and I don't disapprove of humanely slaughtering cattle. I'm not vegetarian, but the midwest "meat factories" disgust me as much as you.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

we have teeth to cut meat. Its simple evolution. We are meant to eat meat and veggies. Simple as that
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Cookiemonster not use cows for milk, cookiemonster has secret magic beings that freely or forcibly have their milk taken.(Forcibly, for not-freely given milk tastes better for the evil people)

Do you know that human breast milk has a MUCH sweeter taste than cow breast milk?
    "There are runts in every culture. The little guys who get picked on and pushed around. Even among Kobolds. And at some point those runts always lose it and seek revenge if they haven't been killed..."
    Bhu

Internets gifted:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • I received my first Half an internet from xNadia on 08-27-2008, 05:11 AM!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

That leads to some incredibly disturbing images... although as a part time job... nah...
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2008-08-22 at 08:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by reorith View Post
    I never understood the difference. Can you please enlighten me to the differences?
    "There are runts in every culture. The little guys who get picked on and pushed around. Even among Kobolds. And at some point those runts always lose it and seek revenge if they haven't been killed..."
    Bhu

Internets gifted:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • I received my first Half an internet from xNadia on 08-27-2008, 05:11 AM!

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by celestialkin View Post
    I never understood the difference. Can you please enlighten me to the differences?
    Vegetarians don't eat meat. Vegans don't eat any animal products (milk, cheese, eggs, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Um, Vespe, that site was set up so people who though of unreasonable, nonsensical, and generally internet worthy rants would get a chance to air them once in a while. Methinks you're taking a joke a little too seriously.. I'm a hippy, always have been, and I don't disapprove of humanely slaughtering cattle. I'm not vegetarian, but the midwest "meat factories" disgust me as much as you.
    It just really annoys me that everyone I meet thinks they're freaking Shakespeare because they come up with this exact joke.

Me: "Hi, I'm (Vespe's real name)."
    Them: "Hello, I am one of your peers. I was going to get a slab of processed flesh on a bun, would you like to join me?"
    Me: "No thank you, I am a vegetarian."
    Them: "Then I will have to eat twice as much to make up for you, ha ha."
    Me: ... *sets ablaze*
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-08-22 at 08:42 PM.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by celestialkin View Post
    To my understanding, vegetarians don't eat meat. Vegans don't eat anything that came from an animal.

EDIT: Effing ninja's.

Also, I find this extremely hilarious. I want to use this in my next arguement with the vegetarian who goes to my school. "Save the bovine kind from descrutction; Eat them!"
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-08-22 at 08:38 PM.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Jus' saying.

Definately not practical. I'm not eating diseased cow meat....I mean beef. It sounds less....mean.
    Last edited by Pandaren; 2008-08-22 at 08:49 PM.
    Avy by Ink.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Vegetarians don't eat meat. Vegans don't eat any animal products (milk, cheese, eggs, etc).

It just really annoys me that everyone I meet thinks they're freaking Shakespeare because they come up with this exact joke.

Me: "Hi, I'm (Vespe's real name)."
    Them: "Hello, I am one of your peers. I was going to get a slab of processed flesh on a bun, would you like to join me?"
    Me: "No thank you, I am a vegetarian."
    Them: "Then I will have to eat twice as much to make up for you, ha ha."
    Me: ... *sets ablaze*
    Wrong! It's three times as much, haha. *sets self ablaze for being a jerkass*

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by BooTheHamster View Post
    So humans are unnatural?
    Calling humans natural under the definition I gave would be a contradiction in terms. I don't care for debating semantics so I'll just link Wikipedia.

The terminology and concept of what comprises the natural environment includes a few key components:

1. Complete ecological units that function as natural systems without massive human intervention, including all vegetation, animals, microorganisms, rocks, atmosphere and natural phenomena that occur within their boundaries.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_environment

I don't see how me eating a cow is any different than a coyote eating a cow, except that for some reason, as a human, it is seen as "wrong" by some people.
    I'm going to assume you mean killing and eating. I wouldn't have an issue with eating test tube meat as long as nothing has to suffer.

I feel that causing unnecessary suffering for the sake for hedonistic pleasure (which seems like your philosophic world view) is immoral. Eating meat in modern society is unnecessary as it is easy to survive without it and be completely healthy (Note: referring to normal people here, someone may have some kind of freaky disorder). The meat industry, at least in the US, causes huge numbers of animals to suffer from the time they are born to the time they end up on your dinner plate. By not eating meat, one chooses to not support this unnecessary suffering. I accept the objection that organic, free range dead animal flesh might not be bad as these animals aren't treated inhumanely. I am a total vegetarian (and a sometimes vegan as I avoid some animal products) because I cannot make sure that these animals really aren't suffering.

You hunting down animals in a loincloth and spear would be far preferable to the current situation.

we have teeth to cut meat. Its simple evolution. We are meant to eat meat and veggies. Simple as that
    Bold by me. Actually, "simple evolution" removes teleology from biology. The statement is bankrupt. To show how absurd this statement is: We as a species have such good depth perception because our ancestors used to like swinging from tree to tree. Therefore, under your logic, we should be all be a' swingin' right now because that's how we were "meant" to swing.

Vegetarians don't eat dead animals. Vegans don't use any animal products. This means leather, wool, and ect. it's not just eating. I wasn't ninja'd because the other people were technically incorrect.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

There are different degrees to veganism though. To not use anything animal based at all means not driving, flying, using some conventional heating methods, ect. Most vegans will make exceptions for those things, as it is often unreasonable not to.

The article cited hippies not vegetarians as responsible for supporting blahbitty blah. Though, that was used as a misnomer too. Most real hippies were intellectuals that sat down and tried to come up with solutions for a lot of the societal problems at the time. Now the term is more closely used to describe gross pot smoking losers with bad hygiene.

I'm sure if we wanted we could find a way to save the cows and not eat them through natural selection or conservation, but I can't think of one good reason to do so.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel that causing unnecessary suffering for the sake for hedonistic pleasure (which seems like your philosophic world view) is immoral. Eating meat in modern society is unnecessary as it is easy to survive without it and be completely healthy (Note: referring to normal people here, someone may have some kind of freaky disorder). The meat industry, at least in the US, causes huge numbers of animals to suffer from the time they are born to the time they end up on your dinner plate. By not eating meat, one chooses to not support this unnecessary suffering. I accept the objection that organic, free range dead animal flesh might not be bad as these animals aren't treated inhumanely. I am a total vegetarian (and a sometimes vegan as I avoid some animal products) because I cannot make sure that these animals really aren't suffering.
    Bla bla bla

I'll stop eating meat when it stops being the best food option available. Just because its not neccesarry doesn't mean its a bad choice. You might as well expect people to stop stepping on bugs, or killing each other. While I'm more then aware that you have the moral high ground and that I can't actually sway your opinion, I just want you to know that I have considered the options available.
    *Splendid Goatatar by that cool kid Serpentine
    "Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

I don't think my sandwich is important enough to make an animal have a terrible life. This howerver doesn't mean that I think humans are not superior to animals (but I do think we are not superior), but it means that I find the activity of raising an animal in captivity and kill it so that I can have something as trivial as a different meal repugnant.

A species does not suffer when it dies, so the expression "saving a species" is a bit misleading. You do not save any cows by eating them. You make sure the lable of "this is an individual of the species cow" continues to exist, but you do not stop any suffering. You can however save individuals and individual cows are not saved from having a terrible life by eating them, but they are saved by not eating them at all. Whether you want to save cows is up to you, but if you want to save them you should lower your meat intake, not increase it.