Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Arena Tournament, Round 47: Aramail vs. No

I shall atempt to NOT drown!

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[17]

and if I dotn drown I will pop out of the water take a 5ft step into N8 drawing one of my three other harpoons as I move , and attempt to spear mister No.
    (1d20+6)[17]
    damage
    (1d8+3)[7]

Okay mister No take 7 damage in addition to the four you had before. For a total of 11 damage i do believe your get dropped.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-09-10 at 04:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

SO Bayar is that a kill?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Dunno. You have a +2 to Swim from your STR, -2 from your armor and -4 from your shield. There might be more penalties because of weight, but cant really check since you dont have item weights listed on your sheet. And the map fails to specify what kind of water it is or what swim DC it has (it requires a patch).

If you are wondering why you still have your shield strapped to your arm, it is because you took it off after my round 6, so it got wiped out when the rewind struck.

Edit2: And I never took damage in this match, as I recall...
    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-09-10 at 05:44 PM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

High Ref Morbius

FF Fanboy please don't spoiler visible actions to the other player, it just makes things more confuse.

Bayar is correct, no damage was dealt so far, you are still using your shield, but it was still good enough for the DC 10(I think...) swim check

However you can't take a 5 foot step since you don't have a swim speed(... actually that was a 10 foot step :P), I believe you started your turn with an harpoon on your hand as you never said you dropped it and you already have your shield on the off hand so you wound need to fix your turn...

And finally... why the +8 to your attack roll? ( counted 1+5 dex+1 W. focus)
    Last edited by Morbius; 2008-09-10 at 07:46 PM.
    "Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck." Portal A. I.

Arena Characters(W-L): (DQs not added)
    Spoiler
    Show

Medals (D&D and otherwise
    Spoiler
    Show

My games

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Aramail will drop hios *useless* shield, and attmept antoher swin check to exist the water.
    [roll0]

and if that works he will THEN attempt to spear you.
    [roll1]
    if crit
    [roll2]
    damage
    [roll3]
    if crit.
    [roll4]
    never mind i continue drwoing nice job fialing at life char.
    I dropped the shield so it is only a -2 pernealty from the armor.
    Also the +7 goes as such 5 dex, +1 bab, +1 weapon focus.

6. - Top - End - #126

Kobold

I dropped the shield so it is only a -2 pernealty from the armor.
    Also the +7 goes as such 5 dex, +1 bab, +1 weapon focus.
    You did that after my re-made ready action triggered, so 1. It wasnt legal
    2. Even if it were, it would have been considered your round 7, and thus, erased with the remake.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    You did that after my re-made ready action triggered, so 1. It wasnt legal
    2. Even if it were, it would have been considered your round 7, and thus, erased with the remake.
    No, I dropped my shield in response to me drowning that was the entire point of the action. That, and i dotn see WHERE you retconned my intial damge to you, I said that I let go of the chain as it went after the 30ft revelation.

8. - Top - End - #128

High Ref Morbius

FF fanboy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your sheet lists your attack bonus as +8 not +7, also you rolled a +6 modifier on your atack above (I thought it was your +8-2 from range=6) I am saying that just for the next rolls you make and to fix your sheet later.

The harpoon attack never happened, did you forget that you sunk due to your armor check penalty BEFORE throwing it?

Also you are still using your shield, on the post 100(gosh) of this thread Bayar tried to make an ilegal attrack, on the 101 you dropped your shield, since Bayar's action were not valied we rewinded to that post 100 where instead of trying to attack you he tried to cast a spell and climb the cliff NOW we are back on what would have been post 101 where you dropped your shield, as your actions were illegal as well you camy remake your turn as you wish
    Last edited by Morbius; 2008-09-11 at 06:48 AM.
    "Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck." Portal A. I.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My games

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, thne since I can drop the shield as a free action I will drop it as part of my swim check. (I still succeed.) That, and my attack DID happen I said I let it go through by letting go of the chain.

10. - Top - End - #130

High Ref Morbius

I think you need to remake your rolls since that this attack was invalid as well, and the 30 feet revelation was prior to the you-applied-no-armor-check-penalty-to-your-swim-check revelation thus you could not even have attacked in the 1st place since you sunk
    Last edited by Morbius; 2008-09-11 at 09:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My games

11. - Top - End - #131

Kobold

Okay, thne since I can drop the shield as a free action I will drop it as part of my swim check. (I still succeed.) That, and my attack DID happen I said I let it go through by letting go of the chain.
    That attack never happen because you sank before attempting to attack.

Edit: You know what ? You would have won, eventually. I surrender. Made some mistakes with my tactics and had dice problems. Lets just leave it like this. You win this round, I come later and nuke your ass in the finals/losers bracket.
    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-09-11 at 09:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    High Ref Morbius

I think you need to remake your rolls since that this attack was invalid as well, and the 30 feet revelation was prior to the you-applied-no-armor-check-penalty-to-your-swim-check revelation thus you could not even have attacked in the 1st place since you sunk
    The 30ft thing is for the chain it kinda yanks on you when its attached to your hand i'm not using the chain, and I'm just throwing it.

13. - Top - End - #133

High Ref Morbius

FF Fanboy the chain never left your hand your attack failed because you failed the swim check

But, even without making a single valid attack...
    Aramail is the winner by making Bayar give up after so many mistakes and rewinds from both players
    Last edited by Morbius; 2008-09-11 at 09:48 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My games

14. - Top - End - #134

Kobold

Just to be clear. I got pissed off on all the freaking rewinds and small stuff that should have been settled. Next match I see you, if you dont have your character sheet clean, your actions posted properly and respect the ref judgement, I will refuse to play.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand Bayar. I got ticked off by this match, and all the bloody mistakes I made. It was bloody lunacy. Next time I'm just gonna have a fullblade wielding barbarian with the quickness trait. soemthing simple.