New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Isle of Aspergillum - Summer's End Festival

Demetrios

Turning to Kavri, he answers, "Anything but the boar - it's too rich. Julia's playing well, isn't she?"

Listening to the music, Demetrios realises he doesn't know how the two of them met. "Speaking of Julia, what was it that brought the two of you together on the road?"
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: There was something Ingenua wanted to do before it all happened so...

Julia finishes her song, and leaves the stage open, without the music the pavillion loses something, an underlying warmth.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Kavri

"I met her on the road to Cordell. We both had a common destination, so we decided to go together. I'm going to go get some food. I'll be back." Kavri meanders over to select some fruits and cheeses. Although he is very hungry, he still doesn't feel good enough to stomach a major meal. He returns to the art display with Demetrios. "Hmmm, looks like your compliments have jinxed Julia's music, Demetrios."
    Last edited by Knubs; 2008-08-28 at 06:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: Ack, two cues! I'm going to respond to the first and check for the second...

Magenta Silverleaf

The children hush immediately as the young man approaches their table, but their excitement is not so easily suppressed. Magenta recognises him as one of the lumbermen whom she's spoken to once or twice, but doesn't remember his name. Now seems like as good a time as any to be re-introduced...

"I'm Magenta Silverleaf, and these are my sister Arcil and two of my cousins, Temiren, and Erissien. We've seen you around the plantation, haven't we? I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name as well... "
    My player registry entry

I have played Magenta Silverleaf in Isle of Aspergillum - the best game that never was ... and Wissenell and Arkhi in The Hunt for YikYik the Sly

Currently playing Kvenil and Eui the owl in Rise of Darkness

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: Well, apparently that was indeed my cue. I was hoping someone would post in between. Anyway, here goes...

Magenta Silverleaf

An elven woman appears by Trent's side, her tall figure and serious demeanour bringing the conversation to a halt. Wissenell gives him a cool smile and speaks to her daughters and nephews in Common for his benefit.

"Well, children, now that the pipe player has left the stage, perhaps you would like to take your turn?"

Magenta casts an apologetic glance at Trent, and then nods at her mother and the children. As they stand and her mother takes her seat again, she says vaguely, "Sorry, we can talk a bit more in a little while."

The four young elves troop up on to the middle of the stage and stand in a rough line, Temiren with his ocarina, Erissien with a harp and the two girls empty-handed. Then, realising they would prefer not to announce themselves, they all turn to look at Temiren to start.

The dancing tune he begins is simple in its composition and reasonably pretty. Erissien joins in on the beat with a resounding chord, and stays with the one rhythmic note throughout the whole piece. The melody established, the two girls start to sing.

"The lavender blossoms advance across the field
    A purple wave, sweeping across a sea of green
    I wait in the field for that strange surf to swirl ‘round me
    Its violet embrace shall soon encircle me..."

With Magenta's mellow alto voice providing a supporting line, Arcil's more confident soprano alternately weaves and soars through the dreamlike verse, then comes to a hush as they prepare for the chorus.
    My player registry entry

I have played Magenta Silverleaf in Isle of Aspergillum - the best game that never was ... and Wissenell and Arkhi in The Hunt for YikYik the Sly

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Henry notices that a new group of musicians is mounting to the stage, but he only gives a cursory glance in their direction... or at least, that was his intent.

The glance turns into a stare when he sees that Magenta is part of the group. The stare turns into a glare when she starts singing.

"That's my poem!" he exclaims in disbelief, "I wrote that for her and her alone! How dare she sing it to the world..."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

The song is ended and Wissenell ushers you off stage, so the next performer might give his act. It is Beriss Brag, the town drunk, he wears a clean white suit, and his beautiful white hat, he appears to be unusually sober. There is a little laughter and cafuffle when he gets up on stage, but when he opens his mouth to sing, all are stunned in silence by his angelic voice...

When Beory came to Cordell Vale,
    She made the jungle grow.
    The greenery sprouted up above,
    and rabbit holes below.
    The branches all grew nests of birds,
    the hollows swarms of bees,
    Then Beory danced across the isle
    to tend to other trees.

When Maelkith came to Cordell Vale,
    The valley was green and new.
    He stamped his feet, and from the ground
    the Ironwood forest grew.
    And with one mighty yell he made
    the trees grow tall and strong,
    Then Maelkith disappeared, although
    he won't be gone for long.

Ehlonna came to Cordell Vale
    with men and dwarves and elves.
    She gathered us all to tend the woods
    and work the land ourselves.
    She showed us how to plant, to sow,
    to feed the lumber mill.
    Then Ehlonna watched us from afar...
    Perhaps she watches still.

OOC: Credit for song given to Ingenua, it was to good not to put in somewhere.

As he finishes his song he drops his head to the ground, you can see that his tuned has moved the crowd, as there are many in tears and many more standing jaws open in stunned silence, a moment passes in silence then thuderous applause... then...

Spoiler
    Show
    Those with actions this round will be PM'd. If you do not recieve a PM you are surprised. Also to PirateJesus I think your initiative may be wrong on you character sheet.
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-25 at 10:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

A lone green figure enters the Pavillion, all are shocked by him, a goblin in bone-studded brown leather, his face is scarred by old wounds and marked by fresh ones, he leaps upon a table and raises a black horn to his lips, blowing a long loud note, then yells in an unfamiliar tongue "Tome-los vivos, como escravos para o poderoso Gnurgillum" the words more spat than said, a maliciousness in their undertone.

To the northeast enters a squad, some seven goblinoids armed with cruelly warped bows, they wear no armor, just a loincloth, and have stiff looking bristles instead of hair, their arms are long and simian and their faces cruel. They each level a dark wood & bone shortbow and loose a volley in unison. The arrows whistle cruelly through the air, striking Aber, Merrin, Arthur & Lem.

Beside the stage, next to Erikkin lumbers in a large humanoid, carrying what appears to be a thick four foot long tree branch, wrapped in leather, he swings the club at the guardsman Erikkin, putting the guardsman through the arts display and onto the grass outside.

Mart's action. Once Mart has posted his action I will move on, please be patient in the first round. Also I expect the OC channel to be flooded so bring your floaties!

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (an asterix means surprised and cannot act this turn.)
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Blue3
    19|Daffyd*
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber*
    17|Berrin*
    16|Blue5
    16|Blue6
    16|Jacob*
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    [/table]
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-25 at 11:31 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Mart rushes to Aber's side(moving to C,P).Aber?! Aber!? Can you hear me? ... Damnit. Mart stands back up and turns around, facing the 7 goblins. Well Aber...you wanted to see what I could do. Mart says to himself as the air around him is filled with a loud buzzing and soon multiple sparks of electricity. Placing on leg back to brace himself, mart opens his mouth and fired from it a huge cone of lightning, engulfing the archers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Draconic Breath DC 11 Reflex for half damage. Damage - (2d6)[6]
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mart
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aber groans loudly when you shake him, his is on the floor and the arrow hit him sure enough, you saw it with your own eyes, but it didn't penetrate, how odd. The arrow itself sits next to him on the ground, the end appears to be blunted and wrapped in cloth and leather to make it non-lethal

The goblin archers seem shocked by your breath weapon and only one manages to dodge it's wrath, blue ripples of static run up and down their hairs as the initial flash clears, one of them has hit the ground, writhing in pain, the other two don't look happy.

Sally Windwhistle sees the man-beast club Erikkin and screams a high-pitched blood curdling scream, she turns to run from it and sees the goblin standing on the table and the archers get engulfed by Mart's lightning. She faints, hitting the floor and sending up a gentle puff of sawdust.

A second armored goblin enter the fray, coming in from from the eastern side, he swings his arm over his shoulder, as if beconing something in "Use-as redes, fazê-los em sacos rápido como o" he spits out before slinging a club from his back to his hands.

Orin's Action...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Blue3
    19|Daffyd*
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber*
    17|Berrin*
    16|Blue5
    16|Blue6
    16|Jacob*
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby*
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius*
    14|Erissen*[/table]

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-25 at 09:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Orin Oakenshield

Orin shocked by seeing all these events occurring, on such a beautiful night like this, he looks around in desperation for something to arm himself with, he picks up what looks to be a carving fork off the table and shakes it furiously at the goblins, shouting at the goblins in the pavilion, his neck veins popping out in anger, What do you want you...you....you bullies, you. Speak in common no one needs to hear your inferior tongue or have it taint our ears.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

A third armored goblin enters the fray, a huge beast in tow, he points at Nim behind the bar, saying to the beast "Pegue um que, a uma bonita" he proceeds towards the centre of the pavillion, kicking over a table for cover.

The beast is tall, maybe 7 or 8 feet, it is stout and brutish looking, it's face animalistic, like a goat with no horns, it wears roughly shod black iron armor and has yellowish skin, he nods at the instructions, and wraps a fist around the delicate body of Nim, slamming her petite body into the bar in one swift movement, she goes limp in his hands.

The troubadour, Julia, reaches into her bag and unsheaths a glinting rose colored metal short sword (no godsbane references please) and passes it from hand to hand, weighing up the enemies.

Trent's action...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Blue3
    19|Daffyd*
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber*
    17|Berrin*
    16|Blue5
    16|Blue6
    16|Jacob*
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally*
    15|Toby*
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius*
    14|Erissen*
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta*
    13|Salvatori*
    13|Trent
    13|Julia[/table]
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Trent holds the staff in both hands, trembling with emotion. His arms feel like noodles. His mnd races.
    A way out? Find a way out! Find your mother, get her out of here!
    Remember what you're doing! Be a man, by Ehlonna! Be a man!

Trent advances slowly. He was going to do his job. He was going to be like his father. A new feeling started to pump through his veins, but when he spoke, his trembling voice gave away the lack of confidence.
    "Leave us, creatures. We did nothing to harm you!"
    (going to c,l)
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another wiry looking goblin drags the goblin Mart felled with his breath weapon out of the way and steps into place.

Two short bearded men in black robes step up onto the stage, a great beast between them club in hand, he swings the wooden cudgel at Berriss, the force of the blow heard by all in the cracking sound on impact, Berriss is pushed off the stage and lies prone on the floor below.

A closer look at the short men reveal the have human facial features, but are much shorter, gnomes for sure, the one on the left has a half metal face mask and his right arm is mechanical, his robes are trimmed in gold, the one on the right has a skeletal hand in place of his right arm, and is very gaunt looking, his robes are trimmed in white.

Two goblins lead in a giant from the south, he is roaring and flailing as they drag him into the pavillion by chains latched around his neck, his head touches the pavillion roof as he walks in, and so must be at least 10 feet in height should he stand erect, he sweeps the arts display aside with one swing of his meaty fist and stands towering above the main table.

Maelin stands and draws his rapier and dagger "We must fight, we must all fight" he walks towards to giant in the south, sizing up his goblin handler.

Another short bearded man enters from the north west, his arms are normal skin and his robe is plain black, he is led by two goblins, one armored and wielding a club, the other unarmored and swinging a net, behind him is another goblin, also armed with a club.

Erikkin stands from prone, shaking off the beasts blow, and the splinters of wood, he draws his long sword with a flourish "Come beast, come and get your throat cut."

From the east comes another two goblins leading a giant, he seems calmer than the previous, and has deep pitted and scarred skin, his back has obviously been whipped, he places a foot on the edge of the main table and kicks it over with ease, the flat side striking the children standing at the far end, knocking Temiren & Errisen prone.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Blue3
    19|Daffyd*
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber*
    17|Berrin*
    16|Blue5
    16|Blue6
    16|Jacob*
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby*
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius*
    14|Erissen*
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta*
    13|Salvatori*
    13|Trent
    13|Julia
    12|Blue8
    12|Purple1
    12|Red2
    12|Lem*
    11|Purple2
    11|Lumpy*
    11|Abegal*
    10|Henry*
    10|Kavri*
    10|Maelin
    10|Richard*
    9|Green4
    9|Green5
    9|Black1
    9|Alix*
    9|Berriss*
    9|Temiren*
    8|Baeln*
    8|Luo*
    7|Green6
    7|Blue9
    7|Nim*
    6|Purple3
    6|Merrin*
    5|Green7
    5|Black2
    5|Emilia*
    5|Erikkin
    4|Green8
    4|Elizabeth*
    3|Green9
    3|Black3
    3|Aralthan[/table]

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-26 at 07:45 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Aralthan was partway through his short elven spiel when everything turned to chaos. In the time it took him to collect his thoughts after the surprise and move his hand to the hilt of his sword, the pavilion had seemed to fill with shouts and cries. He didn't even have time to properly count how many attackers there were before the art display infront of him was swatted aside by some giant-like creature, causing him to flinch. Standing only about ten or fifteen feet from one of the large creatures, he felt a lump rise in his throat and fear begin to take hold of him.

But now was not a time for weakness, it was a time for action. Swift and decisive he'd have to be. He muttered in Elven as he drew his long sword, before moving over to a shocked Eledius, putting some space between himself and the creatures, while shouting at Eledius.

((Drawing Elven Longsword, moving to G,S))

Spoken in Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mutterings: "Grail, save us through strength..."

To Eledius: "Move! We must leave this place! To stay is to die!"
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

A 4th Gnome steps into the light, just in front of Maelin, he wears stone grey robes, covered by a breastplate and a square hat, he waves his hands and holds out a talisman, speaking a quiet prayer. Maelin swings his Rapier at the gnome, but he is too quick and the blade swings over his head. He completes his spell with a baleful moan, a wave of thick black energy flows out from him.

Orin & Henry
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is as though all your worst days were rolled into this one moment, your friends leaving town, your puppy ran down by a cart, the heartbreak of your first love leaving you, all in one moment

Demetrios' action...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Blue3
    19|Daffyd*
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber*
    17|Berrin*
    16|Blue5
    16|Blue6
    16|Jacob*
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby*
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius*
    14|Erissen*
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta*
    13|Salvatori*
    13|Trent
    13|Julia
    12|Blue8
    12|Purple1
    12|Red2
    12|Lem*
    11|Purple2
    11|Lumpy*
    11|Abegal*
    10|Henry*
    10|Kavri*
    10|Maelin
    10|Richard*
    9|Green4
    9|Green5
    9|Black1
    9|Alix*
    9|Berriss*
    9|Temiren*
    8|Baeln*
    8|Luo*
    7|Green6
    7|Blue9
    7|Nim*
    6|Purple3
    6|Merrin*
    5|Green7
    5|Black2
    5|Emilia*
    5|Erikkin
    4|Green8
    4|Elizabeth*
    3|Green9
    3|Black3
    3|Aralthan
    2|Demetrios
    2|Purple4
    2|Wissenell*
    1|Penelope*
    1|Arthur*
    1|Arcil*
    [/table]

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-27 at 10:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Demetrios

Demetrios is, frankly, surprised. Where did all those... How did they... We'll never survive. I need my staff. Where is it?

Casting around, he realises that it's on Diomedes, still standing to the northwest. Calling out, he shouts, "Diomedes, Come!"

Demetrios then crawls underneath the foodstall, moving north, trying to meet Diomedes without endangering the poor animal.

Spoiler
    Show
    (J,C) to (J,A)
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

The goblin with the horn (green1) leaps from the table he was standing on and runs over the pavillion floor towards Magenta, he pulls a folded net from out his belt and throws it over Arcil, easily pulling the poor girl to the floor, kicking and screaming.

Two of the goblin archers drop there bows, the first drawing a barbed net and the second a wooden club, he throws the net up over Mart's head, attempting but failing to tangle the boy, the second laying into him with the baton to try and stop him from squirming free. (2 pts. Non-lethal damage)

A giant, wielding a massive wooden club lumber in from the west, shattering what remained of the art display and roaring loudly, particles of rotting meat and saliva dripping from it's maw.

The burgomeister Daffyd, finally gains a bearing on what is happening and draws his longsword, joining Maelin's side, he swings his sword at the goblin, but the green-skin proves to slippery and the blow strikes only earth.

Aber stands from prone and raises a clenched fist to the sky, sparks of electricity runs up and down his hand and he releases a bolt of static towards the goblin archers, as it leaps from creature to creature they convulse in pain and four of them drop from the incantation.

Merrin the widow, crawls under her table for shelter, passing Demetrios on the way.

Jacob, stands quickly, knocking the table over, he takes a broad fighting stance, cards in hand, holding one up it glows an eerie green, he pelts it into the ogre at the eastern side, the creature reeling under it's impact.

The remaining goblin archer hisses at Aber, dropping it's bow it draws a net and hefts it over the large man, surprisingly entangling him and pulling him to the ground.

The large beasts fighting Erikkin swings it's club once again, clattering up against the guardsman's breastplate, he looks winded but does not fall.

Mart's action...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Italic names are incapacitated somehow (grappled or unconcious)
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Black3
    19|Daffyd
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber
    17|Merrin
    16|Jacob
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius
    14|Erissen
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta
    13|Salvatori
    13|Trent
    13|Julia
    12|Purple1
    12|Red2
    12|Lem
    11|Purple2
    11|Lumpy
    11|Abegal
    10|Henry
    10|Kavri
    10|Maelin
    10|Richard
    9|Green4
    9|Green5
    9|Black1
    9|Alix
    9|Berriss
    9|Temiren
    8|Luo
    7|Green6
    7|Blue9
    7|Nim
    6|Purple3
    6|Merrin
    5|Green6
    5|Black2
    5|Emilia
    5|Erikkin
    4|Green7
    4|Baeln
    4|Elizabeth
    3|Green8
    3|Aralthan
    2|Purple4
    2|Wissenell
    2|Demetrios
    1|Penelope
    1|Arthur
    1|Arcil[/table]
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-31 at 08:58 PM. Reason: NOW WITH 100% MORE MAP!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Mart

Mart stumbles a bit from the blow to his head. Once he recovers, he snags a large knife from a block of cheese and lunges at the goblin that threw the net on Aber.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20)[18]Damage - (1d4)[2]
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mart's knife bites the beasts flesh, and it lets out a yelp, gritting it's teeth with a hiss.

Toby, the barman, reaches under the bar and pulls out a club.

The goblin (Green 2) standing at the end of the Hatchet & Hearth Bar, crosses the floor, pulling a large sack out of his belt, he begins stuffing the unconcious Sally Windwhistle into it.

Orin's action...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Black3
    19|Daffyd
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber
    17|Merrin
    16|Jacob
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius
    14|Erissen
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta
    13|Salvatori
    13|Trent
    13|Julia
    12|Purple1
    12|Red2
    12|Lem
    11|Purple2
    11|Lumpy
    11|Abegal
    10|Henry
    10|Kavri
    10|Maelin
    10|Richard
    9|Green4
    9|Green5
    9|Black1
    9|Alix
    9|Berriss
    9|Temiren
    8|Luo
    8|Baeln
    7|Green6
    7|Blue9
    7|Nim
    6|Purple3
    6|Merrin
    5|Green6
    5|Black2
    5|Emilia
    5|Erikkin
    4|Green7
    4|Elizabeth
    3|Green8
    3|Aralthan
    2|Purple4
    2|Wissenell
    2|Demetrios
    1|Penelope
    1|Arthur
    1|Arcil[/table]
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Orin Oakenshield

All of a sudden a wave of great depression hits Orin. Feeling like nothing good is ever going to happen again he starts telling everyone of it We are all doomed.DOOMED I say. The good world as we know it, is ending. This is the last chance we will ever get. Our last breath before sweet, sweet death comes and marches us off to our everlasting, impending doom. Death is going to take us all. I am not like the rest of you, I see that there is no more in this life of ours. Farewell good friends, towns folk, and men who are blinded by the false goodness that is around us all.... He continues on in this ramble as if to never end it.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eledius takes a defensive stance.

Erissen sits on the ground crying.

The goblin who had been crouching behind the overturned table (green3) charges Jacob, drop kicking the man as he closes, he hits Jacob hard in the chest and Jacob stumbles back a few steps.

The beast at the end of the Prince of Broken Hearts bar, stuffs the now unconcious Nim into a sack, and swings her up over his shoulder.

Magenta's action...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Black3
    19|Daffyd
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber
    17|Merrin
    16|Jacob
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius
    14|Erissen
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta
    13|Salvatori
    13|Trent
    13|Julia
    12|Purple1
    12|Red2
    12|Lem
    11|Purple2
    11|Lumpy
    11|Abegal
    10|Henry
    10|Kavri
    10|Maelin
    10|Richard
    9|Green4
    9|Green5
    9|Black1
    9|Alix
    9|Berriss
    9|Temiren
    8|Luo
    8|Baeln
    7|Green6
    7|Blue9
    7|Nim
    6|Purple3
    6|Merrin
    5|Green6
    5|Black2
    5|Emilia
    5|Erikkin
    4|Green7
    4|Elizabeth
    3|Green8
    3|Aralthan
    2|Purple4
    2|Wissenell
    2|Demetrios
    1|Penelope
    1|Arthur
    1|Arcil[/table]
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-09-03 at 02:06 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Magenta Silverleaf

Magenta wails at the sight of her sister being dragged away. Instinctively she runs after her and grabs ahold of whatever part of her sister or the net she can reach, attempting to hold her back. All her attention is focussed on the girl and the goblin on the other side, despite the wails of her young cousin. She notices Temiren only to shout at him 'Help me!' - then realises she shouldn't get him involved, and shuts her mouth. She then changes her command to Temiren and addresses Erissien as well: 'No, GO! Under the tables!'

Suddenly she realises that the net is what binds her sister to the goblin. The dagger! But she'd need a hand free...

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any way I can draw the dagger? Is there even time left in this round for that? And ... where do the dice come in? :P

J/K, I know there are dice involved, but Don is rolling them right? But ... I don't think this is your ordinary 'grapple'. Also, common sense says I can't hold her and reach for my dagger at the same time, so I'm not going to even try just yet.

Anyway, the one consequence I am sure of is that if she succeeded, the goblin is now dragging net + Arcil + Magenta.
    Last edited by ingenua; 2008-09-03 at 07:07 AM.
    My player registry entry

24. - Top - End - #54

Salvatori:

Salvatori stands dumbfounded for a second as Erikkin is first hit by the monster. Fear clutches at his heart until he sees his brother rise again. Facing overwhelming odds, Salvatori realizes that he has to help if they're to have any chance. Unfortunately... they're everywhere. Even as he pulls his sling off his arm and loads it, Salvatori sees the giant near him and the goblin attacking Sally. He takes a step back whirling his sling, and releases it at the monster attacking Erikkin.

OOC: I thought I'd give my action since I'm right after Magenta in init and it would be easier for you. Attack at -3 (unless I'm not shooting into melee) and damage is 1d4-1.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #55

Trent climbs onto a table and shouts, "EVERYBODY BLOODY RUN!"
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Julia steps over to guard Berriss, weighing the short sword from hand to hand.

The gnome with the skeletal hand steps up to the beast (red1) and lays his hands upon it, blue-grey light flickers from between his fingers. The beast leaps down from the stage and hefts the unconcious Berriss onto his shoulder, he then takes a step towards Julia... bad move.

Julia leaps from the ground, spinning in a wide arc as she does, the flash of rose coloured blade in her hand, the beast stumbles back, dropping Berriss to the floor and grabbing at it's neck, crimson fluid pouring out, it drops to it's knees then over sideways, leaning up against the stage, it's head rolls off and onto the ground. (I love my purple and gold dice they are very cinematic)

Lem struggles off the stool and picks it up with his good arm, perhaps a little of his troll-slayer instincts live still.

The mechanical armed gnome, angered at the fall of his beast, conjures up 5 metallic cones in his hand, he points a wicked sharp metal finger at Julia and they streak accross the pavillion, exploding with black smoke and an acrid smell as they strike.

Abegal cowers down behind Lem.

Lumpy, Henry and Kavri's actions...

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Value|Character
    23|Green1
    20|Blue1
    19|Blue2
    19|Black3
    19|Daffyd
    18|Blue4
    18|Aber
    17|Merrin
    16|Jacob
    15|Blue7
    15|Grey1
    15|Mart
    15|Sally
    15|Toby
    14|Green2
    14|Orin
    14|Eledius
    14|Erissen
    13|Green3
    13|Red1
    13|Magenta
    13|Salvatori
    13|Trent
    13|Julia
    12|Purple1
    12|Red2
    12|Lem
    11|Purple2
    11|Lumpy
    11|Abegal
    10|Henry
    10|Kavri
    10|Maelin
    10|Richard
    9|Green4
    9|Green5
    9|Black1
    9|Alix
    9|Berriss
    9|Temiren
    8|Luo
    8|Baeln
    7|Green6
    7|Blue9
    7|Nim
    6|Purple3
    6|Merrin
    5|Green6
    5|Black2
    5|Emilia
    5|Erikkin
    4|Green7
    4|Elizabeth
    3|Green8
    3|Aralthan
    2|Purple4
    2|Wissenell
    2|Demetrios
    1|Penelope
    1|Arthur
    1|Arcil[/table]
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-09-05 at 09:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

Kavri

Everything around Kavri seems to be happening at lightning speed. So much is going on but only a few things stand out and reach Kavri's consciousness. Goblins; we're going to die. Demetrios goes under the table. "We must fight! We must all fight!" and "EVERYBODY BLOODY RUN!" With his head whirling, he acts on his first instincts. He hides under the table, but Maelin's words ring in his ears. I've got to fight. I can't just hide here. I need to help! Kavri takes out his bow, notches an arrow but stays under the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moves to (J,B). I've got the same initiative as Henry, so I figured I'd post since my action isn't going to interfere with his.
    Last edited by Knubs; 2008-09-05 at 09:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

BlueWizardGirl

"We're all going to die," Henry states with remarkable calm.

A strange peace washes over you when you know for sure that all hope is lost. Though tears may pour from your eyes, though your body may quake with fear, though your heart may threaten to burst in your chest, your mind is in a strange state of calm. Finally, after years and years of stress, the pressure's off. Nothing you do can possibly change anything for the better no matter how miraculously well you perform, so there's really no reason to even try.

This is why the dragon which has slain many armed men may bear no wound. This is why the driver of the overturned carriage may not have even tried to rein in his horses. This is why the man dying of an incurable disease dismisses the apothecary. The victim in each case realizes the hopelessness of action, and so chooses not to act.

The thing about those cases, though, is that they involve solitary victims. A man is more likely to struggle in the face of certain personal death if he has even the faintest hope that his final death throes may aid a the survival of a loved one.

Henry Halbrook is, well, rather far from selfless, but even he can be stirred to action in the face of certain doom under some circumstances. For example, he thinks it would be a terrible, terrible shame if a girl as beautiful as Emilia were to die a virgin.

"You can't die," he says in the same detached voice, stepping closer to Emilia, "I'll die for you. Trust me. Let me do this."

He raises his trembling hands and shoves Emilia as hard as he can, trying to push her out of the line of fire. Then he turns to the nearest villain (probably Green 9) and unsheathes his rapier.

"Come," he says, with a hopeless grin on his face, tears rolling down his cheek, and the tip of his rapier twitching along with the shaking of his hands, "Come and slay me. By the time I'm dead she'll be gone. I win."

He laughs a mirthless laugh.

Spoiler
    Show
    No, I don't think I could do that in six seconds, but talking is a free action, right? Mechanically that was a five foot step into Emilia's space, a standard action bull rush attempting to push her out of the pavilion, or at least as close to its edge as possible, and drawing a weapon as a move action to end the turn, with a lot of free action inner monologuing and stuff going on in between. Any dice-rolling I leave in your hands.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lumpy

Dromm's eyes widen in horror as the goblinoid creatures disrupt the festivities, sending him reeling back into the keg of ale behind him, but Nim's seizure by the giant abomination snaps him back into reality. The malformed dwarf grabs for the nearest object that can be used as a weapon, his stumpy hands landing on a half-full mug of warm beer.

"Hey y.. you, wipe your ugly face you in.. incestuous, overgrown flea. Why don't you fight someone your... c.. closer to your own size. Or are you so yellow that you can only pick on little girls. You probably can't understand a word I just said, can you..."

He takes a step forward and hurls the clay mug at the creature, trying to avoid hitting Nim.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to (R,G) and attack Red Enemy 1, taking my -4 penalty for firing into melee and whatever penalty it is for an improvised weapon, but I am try to get its attention more than to actually hurt it.
    Last edited by darkzucchini; 2008-09-06 at 10:10 AM.
    DMing In the Shadow of Death IC/OOC
    Lorne Keldoryn in Beauty and the Blight of the Black Rose IC/OOC
    Grudok Blackclaw in Legends of Arhade IC/OOC
    Marcellus Ashhad-Verinus in The Age of Wyrms IC/OOC
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

30. - Top - End - #60

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by darkzucchini View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to (R,G) and attack Red Enemy 1, taking my -4 penalty for firing into melee and whatever penalty it is for an improvised weapon, but I am try to get its attention more than to actually hurt it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's another -4 penalty for an improvised weapon. Be glad you aren't trying to hurt it.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show