New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Lightbulb [Powers] Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Erratic Time
    Psychoportation
    Level: Psion/Wilder 9
    Display: Visual
    Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 30 ft.
    Area: 10-ft.-radius
    Duration: 1 round/2 levels
    Saving Throw: See text
    Power Resistance: No
    Power Points: 17

Everyone around begins to disappear and reappear, move agonizingly slow or impossibly fast, duplicate themselves or crumble into dust...

You cause a great disruption in the time stream, making those in the area move erratically through time.
    Every target in the area rolls on the below chart each round to see how they are effected. If they are thrown to a point of time before the manifestation or after the duration the power is considered to be effectively ended. The effects that mimic powers and spells are considered to be at a level equal to the manifester for the purpose of duration, though do not allow saves. They are not augmented.

Erratic Time Effects
    Code:
    d%    Effect
    01-05 Wounds open all about you, past and present, as the Recall Agony power. 
    06-10 You speed up as if from the Hasten spell. 
    11-15 You slow down as from the Slow spell. 
    16-20 You speed up til you are a blur as the Temporal Acceleration power.
    21-25 You speed up til you are a blur as the Temporal Acceleration power. Your next round, even while accelerated, you must roll again. 
    26-30 You move forward in time as the Time Hop power.
    31-35 You move backwards in time as the Regression power. 
    36-40 You freeze in place, unable to act for 1d6 rounds, and are considered helpless.
    41-45 You remain in normal time but all powers or spells act as if Quickened without requiring extra psionic points or expending psionic focus.   
    46-50 You remain in normal time.
    51-55 You remain in normal time but all powers or spells have a duration of only 1 round. Instantaneous durations are unaffected. 
    56-60 You remain in normal time for 1 minute and then move back 1 minute in a loop that repeats itself 1d8 times. 
    61-65 You remain in normal time but all your wounds heal.
    66-70 You freeze in place, but are affected as by the Timeless Body power.
    71-75 You move backwards in time 1d6 rounds and then forward 1d6 rounds.
    76-80 You move forwards in time 1d4 minutes and then backwards 10d6 rounds.
    81-85 You move an infinitesimal amount of time backwards, occupying the same point of time and space. You take 5d6 damage 1d6 times. Fortitude save halves. 
    86-90 You gain a +50 bonus to initiative checks as your perception moves forward in time, while your body remains. 
    91-93 You regain all psionic power points or spells for the day as if you had never manifested. You cannot choose new spells for the day. 
    94-95 The stress of temporal displacement is such a strain on your mind you must succeed on a Will save or go permanently insane. 
    96-97 Your age permanently increases to the next stage with the corresponding stat adjustments. Adulthood to Middle Age, Middle Age to Old, Old to Venerable. 
    98-99 You suddenly age a thousand times faster and crumble into dust unless you succeed on a Fortitude save.  
    100   You create a temporal paradox that sweeps through a 30-foot area. All within must succeed on a Reflex save or be killed and their bodies scattered throughout the continuum. To bring them back to life requires True Resurrection.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Split Stream
    Psychoportation
    Level: Psion/wilder 7
    Display: Olfactory
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Concentration + 6 rounds
    Saving Throw: None
    Power Resistance: Yes (harmless)
    Power Points: 15

As you move you grow fainter and fainter until you appear to vanish...

You split off your own personal time stream from that of the main one. To beings in the main stream you seem to simply disappear. However, in your split stream it seems everything is exactly the same, including your companions remaining with you. At the end of the power you then appear back in the main stream, and time has passed equal to the duration of the power.
    Anyway you affected things in the split stream has not occurred in the main stream. For example, if you killed a companion in the split stream in the main stream he has not only not been harmed by you, but has not even associated with you for the duration of the power.
    Personal effects are an exception, and are unaffected by the return to the main stream. For example any wounds healed or sustained remain, as do power or spell effects, or power points spent or spell slots cast. If you die in the split stream you reappear dead in the main one. Acquisitions made by the manifester while the effect is active revert to the alternate timeline when the split stream ends; personal effects of the manifest which are lost or expended in the alternate timeline remain so when re-integrated.
    You may split off even from your currently split stream, though when the power ends you still return to the main stream.
    Powers dealing with time function normally in the split stream. If you move back past the time of the manifestation you instantly are back within the main stream and the power effectively ends. Moving forward in time, such as from Time Hop, also functions, throwing you into the future of the split stream, and when Split Stream ends you are also that far ahead in the main stream.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Temporal Anchor
    Psychoportation
    Level: Psion/Wilder 8
    Display: Visual
    Range: Touch
    Targets: One creature or object
    Duration: 1 min./level of target's personal time (D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Power Resistance: Yes (object)
    Power Points: 15

For a split second everything around seems to move either faster or slower and just as swiftly returns to normal.

You must make a touch attack to hit the target. Any creature or object touched seems to move either a hair too fast or a might slower than normal as they become fixed to the current flow of time. Forms of movement barred by a temporal anchor include Haste, Slow, Temporal Acceleration, Temporal Stasis, Time Hop, Mass Time Hop, Time Regression, Timeless Body, Time Stop, and similar psionic or spell-like abilities.

A temporal anchor has the potential to counter and dispel any of the above, but an opposed manifester check must be made. It does not however block extratemporal perception, such as divination powers and spells, nor temporal attacks such as Recall Agony and Recall Death.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-08-16 at 12:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Powers] Time is a matter of perception...

It's a pity there's no sudden jump to the Far Realm in the Erratic Time Effects.
    Last edited by Guyinthestreet; 2008-08-15 at 08:24 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: [Powers] Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Why would you jump to the Far Realm?
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-08-15 at 08:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Why would you jump to the Far Realm?
    http://annex.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Realm

One of the ways to travel to the Far Realm is to get to the beginning or end of time.

(Pity I don't have the Manual of the Planes, so I have to rely on wikipedia and the remnants).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

For Erratic Time do the characters know what effect they are under? Does the manifester even know what effect they are under? This should be specified because some of them at first seem to give the same thing but then don't like 16-20 and 21-25 possibilities.

Also, if 100 is rolled and they fail the fortitude save I'd restrict how they can be resurrected and maybe make their be no way short of divine intervention. After all, being torn apart across the space-time continuum is pretty severe.

I'm not sure about Split Stream's level. On the one hand it has both combat and non-combat applications so it should have a high level. And the descriptor of what it does certainly fits a high level power. On the other hand all of its uses appear very narrow.

Temporal Anchor: This power maybe should allow a will save? I'm not sure.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    For Erratic Time do the characters know what effect they are under? Does the manifester even know what effect they are under? This should be specified because some of them at first seem to give the same thing but then don't like 16-20 and 21-25 possibilities.
    The players may know what effect, but their characters don't. All the manifester does is break time up a bit. He can't predict or control what is going to happen.

If the player's don't know then they can open up the XPH, which one of the obviously has to have a psionic character.

Also, if 100 is rolled and they fail the fortitude save I'd restrict how they can be resurrected and maybe make their be no way short of divine intervention. After all, being torn apart across the space-time continuum is pretty severe.
    It's basically like any other effect where the player is killed and no body is left.

I'm not sure about Split Stream's level. On the one hand it has both combat and non-combat applications so it should have a high level. And the descriptor of what it does certainly fits a high level power. On the other hand all of its uses appear very narrow.
    Basically you can go and test out theories, experiment, get information, what have you, but then no matter what you did it isn't permanent and no one is aware of it afterwords except you. Basically a case of 'if you could do anything without consequences...'

It's 7th level because you can still be hurt and killed as normal.

Temporal Anchor: This power maybe should allow a will save? I'm not sure.
    Dimensional Anchor doesn't allow a save. This is just a higher-level, time-based version.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

I have to use these... I avoid killing my players, but screwing with them is always a delight!

One question though: How exactly would you deal with someone going back in time a few rounds during a battle? Do you regress the fight to where they appear, and allow them to act twice? Or do you allow them to just take the extra rounds before anyone else can act?
    Amazing Abjuration Avatar made by Serpentine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramarie IRC
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha
    <Fako> You laugh because it's true :P
    <~sirpercival> yes. yes i do.
    Skinshred Swarm (CR 9) / Reaper Wolf (CR 5) / Demonecris (CR 18)
    Indomitable (Melee PrC [5 Lvl])

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

You should send these in to the Reader's Digest; they have a page for people like you.

You might want to do examples of item behavior for split stream or make things more explicit, as the context isn't entirely clear in places. It seems that what you're saying is "Acquisitions made by the caster while the effect is active revert to the alternate timeline when the split stream ends; personal effects of the caster which are lost or expended in the alternate timeline remain so when re-integrated."

Erratic time is interesting stuff, as long as the players are good enough to separate player-knowledge and character knowledge and role-play within their characters' limitations.
    Don't bother trying to appeal to my better nature; I don't have one.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fako View Post
    One question though: How exactly would you deal with someone going back in time a few rounds during a battle? Do you regress the fight to where they appear, and allow them to act twice? Or do you allow them to just take the extra rounds before anyone else can act?
    If I get what you mean... ugh, yeah, that would be a headache. I think I'm gonna have to make it a single-being power. Unbelievable hastle otherwise.

... though what happens if you manifest it on another the next round... ok, I'm gonna have to put some serious thought into this.

You might want to do examples of item behavior for split stream or make things more explicit, as the context isn't entirely clear in places. It seems that what you're saying is "Acquisitions made by the caster while the effect is active revert to the alternate timeline when the split stream ends; personal effects of the caster which are lost or expended in the alternate timeline remain so when re-integrated."
    That's good phrasing right there, will steal it. Thanks!