New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Adventure in Eberron: The Paradox Wars

It is not often in the world of Eberron that six of the most powerful mortals alive come together in one place. And if they were to come together, the Ocelet II would be a fitting place for them to meet. The largest airship ever built, the jewel in the crown of House Lyrandar, it is a leviathan of the skies, capable of flying around the world in but a month. Its hull is of darkwood, reinforced by a mithral latticework, and abjured to be unbreachable by anything less than dragonfire. Three bound elementals power its flight, their power harnessed by a ring of unshatterable dragonshards. It is no surprise that this ship would sent out to retrieve these six adventurers from Xen’drik: the sheer amount of wealth, fame, and prestige represented by those six figures dwarfs that of whole kingdoms.

The size of the Ocelot II rivals that of small villages, making it no surprise that you six have not yet met in the course of your homeward journey. And while you may have not yet met each other, all of you saw the wave of violet light that came from the horizon. It was like a tidal wave of light brighter than the sun. But as the wave came within Just a few yards of your ship, still in the strange skies of Xen’drik, it fractured, refracting and bending around the ship. Those of you who looked to windward saw the wave of shattered violet coursing through Xen’drik.

After that, however, the flight was fairly uneventful. The winds were faithful, the crew diligent, and the days pleasant. But as your journey came to its end, with Sharn rising on the horizon, you saw something was horribly wrong. The City of Towers was burning. Its mile-high towers, borne up by magic against the heavy weight of gravity, were toppled and burning. As the Ocelot II came over the ruins, the crew desperately trying to contact anyone still alive in Sharn, there was a horrendous shattering sound, the breaking of wood and iron. Those of you on deck could see something moving through the air, like some behemoth falling from the sky. The ship began to heave, and it soon became apparent what had happened: whatever the monstrous shape darting through the skies was, it had bitten the ship in half. With a sickening heave, the ship was rent in half by its own weight. As things fall apart, you drop through the sky, the floor beneath you shattering, falling towards the smoldering ruins of Sharn.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

You’re all in freefall, the nearest surface being a horizontally toppled tower five hundred feet beneath you. You all have time to take two full rounds of action before you hit. Initiative order doesn’t matter; just post whatever actions you want to take. If you want to make Knowledge, Spot, or similar to identify the creature or anything else, now’s the time.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in Eberron: The Paradox Wars

"Hm." The dark skinned, humanoid shape vaguely resembling a hairless elf with a torn hole in his chest stood on the deck of his ship, his dark iron sword held tightly in his hand, the flowing tattered black cloak flapped in the heavy wind like a flag. He looked unphased.
    He walked casually across the still-tilting deck of the ship, simply looking the place over as he would if the ship weren't moving at all. The next moment he disappears in an instant and reappears a few hundred yards away from where the ship would hit the ground, though he floats roughly 20 feet from the ground.
    Krimm, so I can track this thread.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-18 at 03:30 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rabina

::Oh oh my pretty ones- my sweet things why so[?]Sorrow sorrow[!]Rage[!] Hatred[?]But what are you great heaving air displacer great hated bulk- what is your purpose class and genus generus cognomen::

An only vaguely humanoid creature stands at the center of a maelstrom, almost as terrible as the cloud of debris and smoke coalescing around her and shying back as if terrified. At the edges of her aura, flickers of actinic unreality coalesce, splinters of wood and pieces of metal flickering and flying off on random new trajectories. Closer in, a hundred tiny throats can be heard shrieking, those of minute, incorporeal serpentine things, their mouths round horrors of ivory smoke lined with unending teeth. Even closer: darkness, womb-like and impenetrable.

::Swiftly swiftly as arrow bolt projectile :: Sweet Beloved Beautiful One:: Oh To Touch To Feel:: Down[!?]Come sweetly down And progress into loathly fallen places- each your sweet rotting toes and fingers oh my love::

The figure is, perhaps, the most terrifying being on Khorvaire- or at least, was. In this new world, few things are sure, but Rabina the Ink's power to horrify is undiminished. Every word of her monologue slams outward from her mind even as she blinks out of being and reappears firmly situated on the toppled tower, far below. Beneath her feet, the very metal and stone putrefy and rust, creaking.

The agency of her disappearance is soon clear. A more obviously female creature stands beside her- and above her, towering grotesquely on metal-tipped, extended ribs, protruding from a shredded chest in which a heart literally black with charnel age beats, ponderous and squamous with etched bone. The ragged, swollen remains of breasts and forehead and body shift in their maggot rotundity beneath arms now folded after the mental exertion of the transport, and Ganitai leans forward, into an invisible, dark-shrouded caress. She purrs obscenely, a gurgling sound like cave-fish drowning on dry stone.

Rabina raises her arms, jangling with obsidian and silver, and smiles broadly- rather too broadly, since her lips are half-removed with the slow languid effort of obsessive fingers. A slow drip of black, black blood runs down her chin and a flash of cool satisfaction leaves her brain. A moment's pause; her arms and face and flesh are coated in blue-black crystal, thick, involiate, and glistening with ichor. Behind their goggles and their veil, her eyes and face are stretched tight in ecstatic glory as she strains her senses outward, and the darkness around her seems to thicken.

::I will find you outYes So Swiftly you do not know what I can do can hearWhy This Isn't Right Not This Way No Wrong What This Place Not Right DISPLACEDcan hear can find- will find you kill you::

Spoiler
    Show

Ganitai manifests Psionic Dimension Door to teleport herself and Rabina to the tower. Rabina makes a listen check, using Whispers, in place of a Knowledge: [All].

Edit:FFFFFFFF ing 'oh no clearly you cannot preview a post with a roll in it' FFFF

Rabina has her Thousand Sapphires armor and her roundshield readied, and is thus at full AC. She readies an action to manifest a maximum-augmentation energy missile pending hostile or ambiguous action by anyone.
    Last edited by Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick; 2008-08-16 at 10:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Gahz

An extremely large, very well-tanned druid hurries portside so he can get a look over the edge of the Ocelot II at the swiftly approaching ground, his quarterstaff beating a hasty tattoo against the deck. He shakes his head sadly. "Never did trust technology." He seems to be a human, but is a lot bigger than usually comes standard, topping out at somewhere over ten feet in height.

In a bare second, he transforms into a bird of prey every bit as large as himself in human form, a massive eagle. With a few flaps of his wings, the human-***-eagle ((OOC EDIT: Heh, apparently GITP has a swear filter)) is airborne, and winging his way towards the nearest of the burning towers. He has visited Sharn several times during his travels, and seeing such destruction fills him with concern, curiosity - and anger.

Spoiler
    Show

I have a constant True Seeing effect active, would this enable me to see whatever that was?
    Know (Nature): (1d20+14)[15]
    Spot: (1d20+18)[20]
    To see if I can spot, or even recognize the invisible beastie.

Also, I'm going to change my Holy Star (persisted spell) into its +6 AC configuration: boosting my AC up to 32.

((OOC EDIT: And I see Rabina is every bit as disturbingly awesome as advertised.))
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-16 at 11:07 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Vaajekk teleports safely, floating above the surface of the tower, while Rabina and Gahz both manage to successfully alight. The two on the tower can feel it quaking, trembling in a regular staccato beat.

OOC for Rabina
    Spoiler
    Show

You weren't able to get a clear enough glance at whatever crippled the ship to identify it, but you have a few ideas. In order to decimate the ship as it did, it must be of great size and power, and it clearly jumped up to the ship, rather than flying. Based on this, you could hazard a guess to what the beast might be: it could have been a Nightcrawler, a massive undead native to the plane of Mabar, or perhaps an ancient Purple Worm, larger than most of its breed. It could have been a dragon, but you doubt that - there's no reason a dragon would not simply fly, and no dragon could run wild through Sharn without the Chamber hunting it down. You suppose it could be a mythical beast, like the Tarrasque or a Daelkyr war machine, but you doubt that.

OOC for Gahz
    Spoiler
    Show

You managed to get a good look at the beast, though you're not sure what is was. It has a long, serpent-like body with an armored carapace, but with four clawed limbs. Its head was almost dragon-like, with a huge maw and twisting horns. It looked like the creature's flesh was decaying, as if it were an undead, but you are not sure.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Mahogany

Before the ship had been struck a figure stood watching the scene below with a spellbound mixture of wonder and concern. He is a seemingly interesting elderly fellow with a vague aura of... comfortableness. His ugly, careworn face has the same sort of appeal to the eyes as a pair of broken-in slippers would to a pair of tired feet. Where exposed his skin is deeply tanned with sunburned looking red tinge. His fuzzy hair has been cropped short and is white with streaks of auburn, as is his mane of a beard. Sharp, thoughtful dark green eyes peer out from beneath bushy brows.

He is of just slightly below normal height, and heavyset, with the slight pot-belly of age. His movements are casual and unhurried, not exactly thoughtful, but as if the proper rhythm was achieved and continues to be maintained. His feet are large and flat, or his right one would be if not for a clubbed curvature expressed in the make of his self-made leather boots, and a slight limp that accompanies it.

Then, without explanation he slumped slightly as if his knees had given way. In but a moment his hair which had once been, if not reasonably well groomed, at least manageable, was suddenly windblown and sticking up wildly. His clothes are now disheveled and twisted about.

His kind eyes wide with fear, he puts a hand to his heart and looks up a moment before the object even appeared in the sky. Even as it comes he is turning and running with astounding speed for his age and twisted foot, shouting, 'AWAY! AWAY!'

He leaps up and over the railing recklessly, falling straight onto Gahz's feathery back as the druid takes off. He grasps frantically for a hold on the sleek feathers.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-08-17 at 12:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Shuh muh?" Drann can't help but say as he looks out at the scene. He had come up on deck to admire the view, but little had he known that the once proud City of Towers had become no better then a massive wreck.

He then finds himself thrown into the air, as the watches the airship shatter to pieces, sending pieces of wood and metal flying all around. For a few moments, he is completely dumbfounded, having absolutely no idea what's going on. But he is quickly brought out of his stupor as he sees a young woman out of the corner of his eye. Drann recognizes her as a member of the cleaning staff, having seen her multiple times as he had left his room. There was something he liked about the woman. From the few times he had been able to strike up a conversation with her, she has good humored. And able to make him laugh all to easily. Now, as she hurtles towards the ground, the look on her face is calm, as if not afraid to die.

"Time to go to work then." he grimaces, crossing his arms in an 'X' in front of him. "Yin'xi!"

Instantly, he is engulfed in a explosion of silver fire; his form replaced with one made of the same fire. This new form is covered in red armor, and what parts of his skin that are showing are covered in a silver flame.

He flies over and grabs the woman out of the air, zooming away just as quickly to do the save to whoever else he can reach before they hit the ground. "I've got you. You're safe."
    Last edited by Ellas Aramond; 2008-08-16 at 11:40 PM.
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Sinan

Unlike others on the ship, the little elf is not famous across Eberron; indeed, outside Xen'drik, he claims no fame at all. Even there, he is only moderately known in Stormreach; some of the guides and mercenaries who've worked with him in the past two or three years have discussed his impressive yet oddly sporadic command of Xen'drik's lore, his generosity as an employer, his apparent inability to comprehend danger, and his equally baffling ability to get away with doing that and still be alive on a continent that swallows even the best-laid plans. There is some argument whether Sinan the scholar is much cleverer than he appears, or whether he is simply the luckiest bastard to walk Xen'drik's shores since another elf stumbled across the secret of deathlessness, used it to free his people, and founded a nation.

Right now, he is living up to both parts of his curious reputation. Sinan is not much to look at; he's shorter than most humans would be, as is usual for elves. Unusually for an elf, he's rounded, maybe almost plump. The olive robes he wears would look at home on any of a thousand librarians or professors across Khorvaire's institutes of learning. At the moment, he is peering curiously at the beast, reaching up to fiddle curiously with the thin-rimmed spectacles he's peering through.

Neither he nor gravity seems to have noticed that the deck is no longer in contact with his feet, and is in fact over a hundred feet beneath him and accelerating.

"My word," he says to himself, at last having settled the spectacles on his nose to his own satisfaction.

"Not what I was expecting." He finally looks down at the ruined scene beneath him, twisted and broken soarwood atop a background of shattered stone. "I suppose I'd better get going, then," he says after another moment, contemplating where he was going to get going to. Sharn no longer seemed the best of destinations. His face clears as he spots people on the tower, and in the air. "Ah! Yes." This is good, there are other survivors.

Gravity is, very gently, permitted to take hold of the elf once more. Sinan falls at a smooth angle, towards the top of the fallen tower, gently twisting in the wind so that he can see all around himself. If the beast bit him in half next, it would not be nearly as impressive, but the fact that it would make a disappointing followup for the behemoth would not be much of a comfort to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+45)[57] to see what the thing was. I don't know what Knowledges might be appropriate, so feel free to roll for Sinan if he has the relevant skill.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #9

Gahz

The giant eagle, not expecting to acquire a passenger in mid-flight, barely manages to resist an instinctive attempt to buck the unexpected weight from his back. Luckily, Mahogany's scrabbling managed to avoid grabbing a fistful of the extremely sensitive pin feathers under his armor-like outer feathers; Gahz doubted he would have been able to ignore that no matter what his intentions.

Mindful of his new rider, Gahz manages a more leisurely glide towards the burning towers, rather than the speedy stoop he had been intending.

Spoiler
    Show

Gahz is Large-sized, so there should be no problem with Mahogany riding him, mount-style.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

"Scuse the piggybackin here lad, but accept more thanks than can proply say..." Mahogany gasps. "Mayhap in m' younger days coulda flapped m'arms fast enough, but not this day."

He manages to settle himself firmly and looks behind as the city-sized craft plummets.

"Bless them as was still on there, many a'they was right decent folk. Let me as walk right aboard one of them lasses did. Say she remember me tellin' her a tale as when she was a youngin', though bless me as where. Ain't been as many years as that, 'as it? Couldn' be, I dare say. Was a fine craft, wondrous and fine..." he rambles, wiping tears from his eyes with the back of his hand.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

As all of you land on the tower, unharmed by the fall, you see the mangled husk of the ship falling into the ruins below, no one else surviving the fall. As the gargantuan splinters of wood and iron rain down on Sharn, you hear a monstrous bellow. A huge, shadowy shape leaps up from the ruins and lands on the same tower as you, its weight nearly unbalancing the horizontal tower. It sniffs at the air, and then looks at you with a predatory grin. Its head is like a dragon's with a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth and a long, serpentine body. An armored carapace covers every inch of the thing's body, and it stands on four powerfully-muscled limbs, each tipped with a razor sharp claw.

It eyes you hungrily, bellowing like a wild auroch. You notice, with no small shock, that for all its seeming vitality, its flesh has the pallor and stench of rotting flesh: this is undead. It stamps the ground, bull-like, and prepares to attack.

Start of Combat!

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Serving Girl
    5. Sinan
    6. Rabina
    7. Tower Monster
    8. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry it's so big...but feel free to go wild with size changes, summons and stuff. You've got room.

The tower is a curved surface, but we'll treat it as rectangular for the battle. The grey squares are the tower's surface, the blue is the empty air just over the edge.

Legend:
    D: Drann
    V: Vaajekk
    M: Mahogany
    S: Sinan
    R: Rabina
    GA: Ganitai
    G: Gahz
    T: The Tower Monster
    SG: The serving girl Drann rescued

Drann's Turn
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-17 at 09:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Rabina
    Readied Action: Response to Agression: Energy Missile

Rabina shrieks on a wide-spectrum psychic band, her veil parting with a sigh and a coruscation of shrieking faces flowing across her skin. Seven massive sockets, within which brain matters glistens, glutinous and befouled, are revealed, each chased in platinum and ringed in garnet, ruby and onyx. A chill wind gathers around her, and the air begins to freeze out of suspension, a thin dusting of oxygen snow falling around her feet even as the missile flings itself toward the creature with a snap of her head.

::Your day is done- Tower-faller - Sky-render- Armored-dead-thing - No more to escape your fate- No more the end of your tale delayed- No more-No More No Scales All Peeled Away and Soft BeneathChildren feel the winter's chill, shiver, dance, and fall quite ill; they recover, age does not, feel a winter, start to rot[!][.]::

She looses a high, keening laugh, head thrown back as if to drink in the chill air.

Spoiler
    Show

Summary: Standard Action [Readied] In response to Big Un' agression, Manifesting Fully-Augmented Energy Missile [Cold].

Base damage 3d6+ 15d6 augmentation damage. Save to resist is Fortitude, power affects objects, thus Undead are not immune, +1 damage per die due to Cold type.

Barring extraordinary circumstances/resistances, damage is as follows.

(18d6+18)[81] Cold

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Rabina's cryokinetic blasts do not seem to harm the behemoth at all. A thin rime of ice forms over its necrotic flesh, but does not seem to harm or hinder it at all.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Glaring at the new danger, The Guardian sets the young woman down , figuring that the city had gone to hell and this place was as safe as any other. "I'll be back for you, I promise." He says, shooting off towards the monster.

"Wo bu shin wo dah yan jing!"He curses, sending a crimson tipped wand flying into his hand from a flame-hidden bracer. "One problem to the next!"

After flying a certain distance, he points the wand at the beast. "Fuhn Huo!" Speaking the activation words, a small ball of fire shoots out from the item, straight for the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    I fly 60 ft towards the thing, pull the right wand out of my bracer, and blast it with a fireball.

UMD: (1d20+26)[33]
    Damage (10d6)[42] (Ref 18)
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Vaajek roars, his jaw opening greater than a person's should reasonably be able to. He stomps his foot forward and holds his arms out behind him, his sword in one hand and small buckler in the other. He cries out, "Graal Ur'Ossok, Saajin'ayus..." The sword suddenly darkens and a field of ash surrounds it.
    One moment he floats above the tower, and the next he's gone as if consumed by the space around him. The same instant he appears right next to the beast, sword held in hand ready to swing.

For anyone who understands Abyssal
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Spread the Lament of Heaven, Saajin'ays..."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Mahogany slides off the raptor's back and lands heavily with an 'umph' on his feet.

"Thanks again my l... GREAT MERCY ABOVE!" he says with a start as the great beast rears its ugly head.

"Lands, but that's a mother great brute and make no mistake..." he breathes, backing away with a look of terrified fascination.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

The Guardian's fireball washes over the undead behemoth, but its flesh is not even charred by it. Its carapace glows red-hot, but the flames do not seem to harm it at all. However, the blast does prove enough distraction for Vaajekk to teleport behind the creature without it noticing.

Then, there is a most strange, and seemingly unexplained occurence. Violet light glows from the beast's eyes, mouth, and nostrils, and it flails about, seemingly in pain. However, with a triumphant roar, the light flickers and dims, not harming the monster. Almost immediately, the serving girl Drann rescued vanishes, the space around her simply folding in on itself.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Sinan's Turn

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Sinan

Sinan's brow furrows as the thing emits purple light, and he even pauses in the middle of the incantation he is muttering. "It's the same color," he says as if this is some sort of revelation.

With a slight shrug, he dismisses this curiousity and completes his spell, raising both hands before him as he vanishes and reappears above the beast. The broken city has a haze cast over it from the smoke, and what little light there is seems to be sucked out of the area immediately around him, leaving it covered in odd shadows—only for an instant, though; the snatched light coalesces in a brilliant oblong shape in front of his palms, just before it lances out in a white flash that leaves a blotch in everyone's sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quickened Teleport to get about 50 or 60 feet above the beast, followed by an Empowered, Split Ray Lucent Lance! Ranged touch 1 (1d20+16)[32], damage (22d6)[89]; ranged touch 2 (1d20+16)[31], damage (22d6)[92]. If the ambient light is shadowy rather than bright, (22d4)[57] and (22d4)[52] replace those damage rolls.

If either hits, the beast is blinded for a round, and dazzled for the next 18.

Also, roll that I should have made at the start of the day: (1d6+4)[6]
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2008-08-18 at 07:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Floating above the beast, Sinan's twin spears of light rain down on the undead beast, but are deflected by its thick, reflective carapace. The beams of light refract and fly away, harmlessly scattering among the overcast skies. The monster looks up at the mage floating above him, bellowing in annoyance more than anger.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabina's Turn

20. - Top - End - #20

Rabina

Rabina rocks back on her heels, biting her lip and keening even as Ganitai throws up a protective wall of ectoplasm behind her. She strides forward, the material around her feet buckling and warping as if with extreme age, and a sussurus of voices rises to a fever pitch before falling silent.

All around her is suddenly shrouded in perfect, impenetrable blackness, which advances as she does.

::For memories long-fallen long-falling from the bleak skies- Yes For Them Not Me Yes Them::

She strides forward.

::For deep blood in your veins somewhere under know it to be so very hungering hungry hungered THING I know- though you do not think I know::

She raises invisible arms, coruscating with unseen brilliance, as if directing a puppet, and a wave of telekinetic force bursts out from her, buckling metal and shattering glass...

::Is It a Pretty Dancer:: Like The One the sweet one the good one he gave us a kiss and we danced together::At a ball oh no oh please he is not dead he cannot be gone the sweet:: You Will Dance And I Will Kill You If You Hurt Our Sweet One::

Spoiler
    Show

Rabina takes a Move Action to move forward twenty feet (her maximum speed in her armor) and manifests Control Body, augmented by four points to affect nonhumanoid physiology, and additionally by as much as is necessary to affect a target of the creature's size category.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Rabina attempts to telekinetically bind the monster, psychically welding its body to her will, but it resists her, its sheer bulk and unholy vigor denying her efforts.

The monster roars in rage, and leaps with behemoth effort, soaring up into the sky. Its leap takes it even higher than the flying Sinan, and as it descends, it snaps at the mage with its ferocious maw. However, the ponderous beast's tongue is waggling like a blind, idiot worm, and the beast's jaws close down on that rather than Sinan, neatly severing the wiggling tongue. No blood flows from the wound, but the monster growls in pain as it lands back on the tower, jostling it on its base of rubble and ruins.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Way to roll a natural 1 on your first attack roll, Tower Monster. You're just terrible.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Gahz's Turn

22. - Top - End - #22

Gahz

The avian wings its way closer before settling and returning to human form and raises his staff, activating the spell stored within: Undeath's Eternal Foe. There are few things Ghaz dislikes more than the travesty of life and natural death that are the undead, and likes to travel prepared.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tower monster is.. slightly less fearsome after biting its own tongue off.

Moving 70' closer to the monster; man, this is a big tower. My personal defenses only have a range of 90ft. Can't even touch him.

Spellstaff-stored Undeath's Eternal Foe: grants death ward, protects against ability damage/drain, fear, disease, paralysis, or poison and gets a +4 sacred bonus to AC versus undead.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-08-19 at 07:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Gahz flies towards the beast, his powerful abjuration warding him against the baleful necropotence that infuses its fangs. As he does, the transformed Drann flies at his side, wreathed in silver flames. He floats a few feet above the ground, waiting for a chance to strike at the towering monstrosity.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Vaajekk's Turn

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

The demon bares his pointed teeth and his red and black eyes flare with malevolence. With the release of his sword, his skin seems darker, as does his blade. He raises the sword high, red energy crackling from the edge of it. He swings his blade hard, releasing the entropic destructive power of it. "Kajmaa Velukk, Garraa!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Strike of Unholy Demise, make a Fort save(DC 30).
    Attack: (1d20+39)[52]
    Weapon Damage: (1d10+18)[20]
    Strike Damage(failed save): (36d6)[130]
    Strike Damage(passed save): (5d6)[19]
    Fail that f**king save.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

With a heaving effort of sheer physical strength, unholy magic, and manly fighting spirit, Vaajek cleaves through the beast, his blade disintegrating a gaping gash in its side. Ichor and dessicated blood slowly trickles from the fissure carved into the monster, and after a few seconds, it realizes what has happened, and screams in agony and wrath. Vaajek smirks and licks the splattered ichor from his face, while his sword gleams with a black aura, like the aurora borealis seen through a mirror of dark glass.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Two natural ones. In a row. Facepalm.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Mahogany's Turn

26. - Top - End - #26

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weird, I seem to hav lost the last paragraph off my last post. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that Undeath's Eternal Foe effects everyone I consider to be 'allies' with the above bonuses.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Mahogany slaps his knee with a hearty laugh and hobbles quickly forward shouting, "You'll have'em on the run soon enough lads! Mebbe bigger'n a fishing tale and smell like m'old boots left too long in the sun but you gottem! Powerful folk the lotta you, make no mistake, and it'll feel the back of the hand for what's its done to them as lived here! Show it what's what and how do you do!"
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-08-19 at 09:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Mahogany runs, much faster than a man his age should be able to. There is something of a twinkle in his eye as he stops just short of the beast, his grin not at all dimmed by the presence of the dread monster.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Sinan's Turn

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Sinan

Looking moderately perturbed at his recent proximity to the thing's jaws, Sinan mutters another spell at it, bombarding it with several faint streaks of something; the faint projectiles move far too quickly to get a clear view. Immediately after, he begins an incantation, the words possessing a vindictive sound; a a choking grey mist forms about the beast's upper section, eating at the rotting carapace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quickened magic missile (damage (5d4+5)[15]), followed by an empowered Acid Fog centered on the creature. (3d6)[5] damage, plus the effects of a Solid Fog spell...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Sinan's magical blasts deflect harmlessly off the beast's carapace, narrowly missing him as they rebound. However, the acidic mist he summons burns away at the beast's skin and muscles, corroding it away with a potent vitriol. Unfortunately, however, the cloud of acid also catches Vaajek, but he does not seem to be harmed at all by it.

Initiative
    1. Drann
    2. Vaajekk
    3. Mahogany
    4. Sinan
    5. Rabina
    6. Tower Monster
    7. Gahz

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabina's Turn