New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Jail birds group 2

It is a stormy day, lightning strikes, darkness surrounds you, with only a few torches for guards to see. As one guard walks by, he mutters to himself Dead man walk as he opens the door to a cell, from what you gather, the prisoner he grabs murdered a merchant and his small caravan. The guard is about 6'5 and built well.

Your cell is dark, with rain coming in from the window, which is barred, the gruel your served is not fit for beast, not alone man.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Jail birds group 2

Jeras snorts at the phrase "dead man walkin" We're all dead in the end, doesn't matter. What matters is how you meet your appointed time He looks to the prisoner who looks despondent and decides to give him a little advice in a calm almost bored voice "When you meet the reaper, have a brave face on, and until then and after remember to fight for and enjoy every last moment you can...then in the afterlife don't stop fightin."

Jeras then starts carefully tasting the gruel. He has a disgusted look on his face at first, but then shrugs and begins to eat it. "I've eaten worse, this is a little above standard slave fare so I'm not complaining."
    I'm back, and hopefully I'll finally be able to stay !!!
    ...why is everyone all of a sudden screaming at this news?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:We're all starting in the same cell right?

Dako watched Jeras as he ate. Closely observing at his muscules of his jaw as he chewed. Dako licked his lips hungrily.
    "Teh. If I had it my way they'd let us hunt for our own food. Don't ya think that'd be better?"
    Dako smiled fiercely at the newcomer, showing the majority of his sharp teeth.
    Last edited by shadowxknight; 2008-08-17 at 12:41 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jeras raises an eyebrow at the dwarf but continues eating. He speaks up after a second though as if commenting on the weather "Hunting here would be a poor idea, as its basically barren rock and game is extremely limited. By the way neighbor, I'd be careful who you show those teeth to like that. I don't care, but some people are paranoid and might assume you to be threatening them, and those of the more aggressive and quiet persuasion might decide to bash out each and every one of those interesting teeth of yours while you sleep with one of these plates here."

Jeras takes a final gulp of the gruel and swallows it, then ponders for a moment. "Course, since this is a prison and plates are hard to come by, they may just decide to strangle you with some chains, or stick you with something sharp...maybe break your neck to be done with it quickly and quietly. Oh well, I'm sure that won't happen as your going to be much more careful from now on about that sort of thing." Jeras wipes his mouth with the back of his arm, sits down, and leans against the wall.

"Well I guess there's nothing much to do here other than wait for the next spectacle in this wonderful little hellhole they call a prison. Don't suppose you have a name? Mine is Jeras Nethanel, otherwise known as that damnable murdering treasonous holier-than-thou serial killer. You?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Naradak

Naradak sits in the corner of the cell, legs crossed in a meditative lotus position, his fingers linked in his lap. His eyes fixed at a point on the floor in front of him, he doesn't move as the prisoner is taken from the cell.

Better dead men walking then the dead walking themselves. We'll see that soon enough, and few will be spared.

He giggles and reaches for his gruel.

6. - Top - End - #6

Dako raised a bushy eyebrow.
    "Jeras, is it? You haven't been here long have you?"
    Dako cracked the bones in his neck.
    "I am Dako Vaultstal. The other prisoners give me the nickname of Man-Eater after the events of a riot half a decade back . In the chaos I grabbed couple prisoners, and well..."
    He grinned at the memory.
    "Let's just say I did the very thing that got me here in the first place. They didn't have any evidence on me, but they figured it had to be me. So they stuck me here in a cell all by myself, until you and this new guy got here.
    Last edited by shadowxknight; 2008-08-17 at 08:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Spoiler
    Show

yes, if you are well behaved, if you are trouble, you'll loose your cell mates and have to have a smaller cell. The cell is about 10ft, by 10ft, the door, and the sides are made out of steel bars, they are spread out even a small creature would have trouble squeezing out. The back area is made out of cold stone.

There is a darker, bars in the corner, which are cold to the touch

Last edited by de-trick; 2008-08-17 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathon Todd did not stir from his position, slouched on the wall, but his gaunt eyes swiveled like tiny gyroscopes, surveying everything else in the room.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jeras listens to Dako's story and actually gives a sardonic laugh. "Heh, I think I know why I was put in a cell instead of just giving me a quick execution, and I guess I underestimated the sick sense of humor with those nobles." Jeras shakes his head and laughs again.

He looks at Dako again with a bit more serious look in his eyes "In all seriousness though, you try to take a bite out of me with those chompers of yours you better hope you know a cleric with a spell to replace teeth...LOTS of them. That being said as long as you don't pull me into it and try and avoid any friends we make, your dietary preference is yours alone...though honestly if we make some enemies you probably could convince me to help you get a meal or two." Jeras smiles an evil smile at that last comment.

He looks at the others in the cell and tries to get a small idea of what they might be capable of...both physically, mentally, and morally.

10. - Top - End - #10

BardGuy

We will all feast when the time is right. Naradak whispers quietly, eyes still fixed on the floor in front of him.

11. - Top - End - #11

as you talk to each other, you can here the cusses of another inmate, who was trying to sleep, in his deep voice he yells SHUT YOUR MOUTHS BEFORE I MAKE YOU SHUT THEM before you have time to respond, a guard then coms in and says lights out, if you have some talking to do, do it during the yard tommorow
    morning comes and, another guard comes in, he takes his batton and strikes the bars of the jail cells to wake you up, he then screams time for the yard

edit heres the OCC thread
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-08-18 at 05:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jeras wakes up and stretches, scratching himself in some unapropriate areas and yawns. "Oh yay...play time for us convicts. Wonder what joyous activities we'll play together? Knowing my luck it'll be rousing game of 'Shank the new guys' or some other painful experience...well, time to find out what the playpen looks like I guess." Jeras then gets up and ready to get out
    Last edited by Niasen; 2008-08-18 at 07:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

BardGuy

Naradak uncoils his ropey form from the knot he had tied himself into in the corner. Stretching his back like a cat, he cracks his neck from side to side, releasing a satisfying crunch.

Dawn again, a time when that which was once shrouded becomes illuminated.

14. - Top - End - #14

Dako stretched his legs and let out a huge yawn. As much as he hate the world and everything in it, there was nothing he hated more than waking up in the morning.

He silently promised the guard who woke him up a slow, painful death. Thinking of various different ways to torture the guard, Dako threw a few practice punches to warm up his shoulders for any mess that he might get into.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathon Woke up, his greasy black hair streaming in front of his face Shaking himself slightly, he ignored his cell-mates, prefering to stretch his arms and legs.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-08-18 at 09:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

as you are lead out to the yard, you are taken into a open courtyard it is about 100 metres squared, with walls 20ft in the air, all with armed guards with bows, from the last brawl that ended up, they shoot a special arrow that has a round tip at the head, so inmates can't use the arrow heads as a weapon.

from what you know, that only the most skilled guards can only get close to the middle of the yard, and a very lucky few could actually hit the mark in the middle, this area is called no-mans land cause if something happens there all the guards can do is watch

there is a few noticable groups in this jail from what you tell, there are human elitist(think skinheads), the brutes (half-ogre a member, all the big monster types), a group of theives (they have mixed members some are halflings, but have a couple of thugs too)
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jeras muses to himself quietly "Ah gangs, how I remember having to break a few in my merc days...good times, good times. I'll probably have to join one eventually, but for now...I'd rather be on my own and see how things are in this prison before I attempt to lick the boots of anyone." and with that, Jeras finds a small lesser occupied space in the yard and begins stretching out, practing some fighting moves, and generally just getting a little bit of a workout while enjoying being outside.

18. - Top - End - #18

In a grouchy mood, Dako decides to start some trouble. He slowly made his way toward two human elitists that were discussing something away from the main group.
    "Hey you long legs. Did you know that human meat taste just as good as halfling and gnome? So maybe you guys ain't than them better after all."
    To drive his point home Dako licked his lips and slipped into a fighting stance.
    Last edited by shadowxknight; 2008-08-19 at 01:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathon works his way over to the thief gang, ignoring everyone else. Reaching his destination, he speaks to the biggest looking thief. Hey. What does a guy have to do around here to get himself into a gang like yours?

20. - Top - End - #20

@shadowxknight--one human gets up and trys to get to you, but his friends hold him back stopping him from attacking you

@frigs--what are you talking aboutyou can tell that he is lieing

I could really need a drink of water, come talk with me,we'll see what we can do, got to talk to the higher ups first
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

21. - Top - End - #21

BardGuy

Naradak, as usual, finds himself alone in a corner of the yard. He commences exercising, push-ups and sit ups, occasionally attempting to juggle small pebbles, mostly unsuccessfully. His eyes dart around the various crowds, searching.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jeras, finishing up his warm ups, takes a look around the yard and speculates about a few of his paranoia's. I wonder if the nobles are going to have 'plans' made out for me and my death...or my torture more likely. Lets see, possibilities that could happen hmm. Riot starts and one of the guards just HAPPENS to have a normal crossbow bolt and hits me, gangs take a rather suspicious instant disliking of me and make my life hell, the guards decide that I have a tendency to fall down stairs or bump into walls...a LOT. Or the good old fashioned knife while I sleep, I wonder what it will be? Hmm, whatever it is, I might eventually want to start seeing about a way out of this place if at all possible, cause I don't think I want to wait and see if they forget why I'm here and in a fit of kindness decide to release me.

Jeras decides to take a look around, trying to note where the guard towers are, where exits and entrances are, and the general layout of the area plus any oddities that might be exploited in any fashion.