New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A New God-Game Rules System - Game Thread

Kroloth

Unable to locate the myconids god at the time, Kroloth returns to his people. They have begun living in his city and farming the surrounding valley. To his surprise, some of the minotaurs have learned to manage herds of animals to make supplying meat easier.

Kroloth goes to the highest mountain in the land and sits down. The other races are growing powerful. While none are as physically strong as his minotaurs, except for perhaps the myconids or salamanders, he still worries. What can he do to give his people the edge they need to not only survive, but flourish? And then he has it.

Kroloth goes to the far north of the minotaurs island. There, he finds the wooly, cattle-like creatures called auroths. Kroloth takes some of them and blesses them with great strength and endurance, as well as being larger in size. These great beasts would serve his people well in the future. After taking his new creations to a valley near Karos, Kroloth sends a dream to his high chieftain, explaining the great auroths are to be beasts of burden, rather than food.

All of that accomplished, Kroloth goes back to the highest peak and sits down to rest from his latest exertion.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    Creation: Greater auroths (esp using Str domain to make them better)
    Technology: Animal Husbandry
    Battle: Heal
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-20 at 11:49 AM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Magi

Magi teaches his elves how to look after the animals. He also tell them how to use magic and knowledge, in order to better their animal husbandry. Magi still wants to see the creator of the shadow weave.

Elves; Animal husbandry

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness thought that the death worship of some of the shadow folk was good.

The Keeper was intrigued by the new creation of Mycellius. A whole plane? All to himself? That seemed like a lot of fun, so Everness decided to try something too. He made a sub-realm out of the Weave, a place neither good nor evil. He called his domain "The Rivers of Time".

The plane is characterized by a large river flowing through a seemingly infinite valley of dust. Looking at the surface of the water was like looking simultaneously into the past, the present and the future. Strange objects of alien technology could be fished out of the river. While ruins are common both on land and underwater, some structures of various architectural designs still stand.

Tired from all his work, he rested.

OOC:
    Creation - Home Plane (if possible, I would like this plane to be connected to both Hell and Heaven, seeing as I'm a neutral god of death).
    Technology - The Wheel
    Battle - Heal

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Mycellius left his new afterlife, he waved to Don and returned to the material plane. He returned to the First Priest in the upper underdark. To his suprise, a few young myconids were also there, apprentice clerics to the older High Priest. He told him that in 10 years he will be needed and then left.

He decided to create another way of worship, a way to revere the fungal aspect of him. He saw that some of the Myconids were resting in one of the lesser grove, yet to be populated. He came to them and taught them how to use the power of the fungus, to use the fungal spores they produce and to spread them with their mind. And thus he created Fungal Druids, protectors of the upper underdark and self-exiled heroes.

He then saw that some of the fungi in the groves naturally gained intelligence, and acted as wild herbivores, moving from cavern to cavern eating moss and lichen. He decided to leave them be for a time. Instead he rested.

Creation: Druids (Not Mysticism, the creation of a new class)
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

After having spent a good 5 years sleeping, Everness decided to travel to the valley of the minotaurs to the west. He observed the bull men for a time before noticing a presence on the highest peak. He climbed to meet this enigmatic figure.

"Hello there. Am I interrupting something? Oh, where are my manners...let me introduce myself. I am The Everness. My friends simply call me Everness. Or they would...if I had any. You can call me anything you wish. And who are you?"

((OOC: Everness is in the form of an old man, like I described in another post.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-20 at 12:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth looks down at the small old man. He appears as a snow-white minotaur, half again as large as the biggest of them. He looks at the man appraisingly before responding. "Greetings. I am called Kroloth, the god of these lands and its people. And no, you are not interrupting, Everness. And where might you be from?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Pleased to meet you, Rolkoth...hmm...Kroloth, sorry. I am bad with names."

The Everness then pointed to the northeast.

"I come from an island at least as big as this one. It is relatively far from here. The Timeforged dwell there; they are my people. They may be small compared to the minotaurs, but they make up for it with their brilliant mind. I think that the two races could even become allies one day."

The Keeper of Time paused and looked at the horizon while enjoying the mountain breeze.

"So, how do you have fun around here? You are, like, a god of Strength? I suppose you like to watch your minotaurs compete one against another?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth racks his brain for a moment before realizing who the man was talking about. "You are the god of those little beings that are part metal then? They do appear small and fragile. But you say they are brilliant? What could they offer my minotaurs? And yes, competition is the key to their civilization. How can one improve oneself without competition, without a challenge?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

With these new creations, these new hawks, Asmodeus was pleased. They shone with the odd light of the sun, and their feathers shone like spun gold, burning with the fiery light of the sun and his home. He named them Phoenixes. He was pleased with these new creations, and he brought them to his home, and taught them the ways of the Salamanders, and bid them to teach the Salamanders their wisdom in turn.

With the metals unearthed by the mines, Asmodeus sought to teach his Salamanders, and the Phoenixes, the art of forging. He told them how to use their fiery illumination and the pureness of heat to melt the metal they harvested, and pour it into molded shapes, like weapons and armor.

((OOC: Creation: Forging))
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Vaspor tired of letting all actions be layed bare. With outstretched limbs, Vaspor reached through the shadow weave into the minds of the Shadow Folk, seeking out a paragon among them, an exemplar... A leader. Nasooth was found, a young female of the reptilian fey that created Vaspor's golem form. She had lead her village from the shadows, behind the puppet leader that was her husband. Through her leadership, she had guided the village toward an expansionist mindset of "being everywhere light is not," guiding them toward her- no, Vaspor's long term goal of the Shadow Folk taking to the seas. She would be his legate to the council.

In the meantime, he had work to do. Vaspor wasn't the only god with machinations, and thus made preperations in the shadow weave.

OOC: Fishing Tech toward Sailing, Nasooth as the council representative, Deception to hide Counterattack.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

With the new delopment of mysticism, Cthulhu notcied that his followers wished to communicate with the generations that will exist far beyond their death, so thus he taught them the names, the maddening vibrations they're names sent through some of the the beings drove some beyond the point of fanaticsim, and thus they were no longr "fit" for proper serivce, so he took them, and branded upon their flesh the marks of the exiled, and made a structure for them in the deepest part of the flesh tunnels, and made them into the Iullimanti, a eilte order of assassins, and slayers that were bred to kill. he then went to the most powerful of his Illithids in a nightmare, teeling him of the great astral caravan the he MUST get on, and of the being who he would meet when he got to his destination, the greatestm, and oldest being in creation, and that he must show him respect, or he would be put through tortures WORSE than anything creation had EVER known.
    (twisting the exeptionly crazy Illithids, and Umber hulks, and making Psuedo natural Githraizai, you knowq the ones with CRAZY dex?)

Creation: makin the Psuedo natural githraizai (tats prettyy much what they're all gonna be.)
    Relegion: Fanaticsim for the PSuedo natural Githraizai.
    Combat: Heal
    Technology: polythemis (yeah, I'm so getting psuedo natural elephants soon.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-20 at 08:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I can tell you guys never played Civ. You have to follow the tech tree to get to what you want. Mining leads to Bronze working. And alphabet requires several other techs first. Just follow the lines. And if a tech has two different arrows going to it that do not connect, then you just need one of them, not both. So either agriculture OR sailing to get pottery. Just a heads up to help you guys out.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: I will be limiting you to 5 major creation races and 5 major artefacts, you can create others but they will have no game effect, they will just be sunservient to the other races. (eg. not be able to go to war or contribute to tech rolls)

Also an alteration to a more fantasy friendly tech tree. (thanks to Ipphli for finding it, he gets an official Don the Illegitimate helpers hat)

The new tech tree
    Spoiler
    Show

You each start with exploration, ancient charms & crafting, + one of the religion entries (bottom left 5 techs), but these don't count towards your Racial Techs. And then add your researched techs.

Ipphli's new hat
    Spoiler
    Show

Cunning no?
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-20 at 10:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

(okay so this changes ALOT.)
    Cthulhu with this new SWARM iof knowldge decides to teach his peoples the ways of mind stapling, abnd uses this to further bolster his new creations.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

((Give me Seafaring for my free tech, and stay the course.))

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Gonna take orders from heaven as a religion. The rest stay the same

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: What's Arete? (the one following Way of the Earthmother)
    Anyway, I'll research Education this turn, instead of the Wheel.))

"Don't underestimate the Timeforged, my horned friend. They may not be as fragile as you think.

Their strength lies in their ability to think outside the box. I'm sure that their inventions could really facilitate your people's lives. Imagine if the two races worked together...we would have the muscles and the brains! Not that your minotaurs don't have brains.... Anyway, you know what I mean."

The old man scratched his head.

"You may be right about competition. My timeforged don't actually fight in a ring, but the inventors and scientists do compete for bragging rights. They are a proud people in their own way."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-21 at 08:22 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: Should have thought of Wikipedia. I feel stupid . Thanks. So I'll take Way of the Earthmother as my religion tech.))

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kroloth - Creation - Greater Auroths - Peripheral race.
    Kroloth - Battle - Heal - (11d10)[69]
    Everness - Creation - River of Time - Abstract/Planar (1/2 creativity + 1/2 willpower + time d100s) (10d100)[520]+(d50)[29]
    Everness - Battle - Heal (12d10)[69]
    Mycellius - Creation - Druids - Abstract/Class (1/2 creativity + 1/2 willpower) (7d100)[361]+(d50)[2]
    Vaspor - Battle - Deception vs. Perception to hide counter attack plans (Deity Sneak Attack B!TCH) (Deception+1/2Trickery+1/100 Shadow Weave d100's) (16d100)[1000] vs. Mycellius (3d100)[133] vs. Kroloth (4d100)[131] vs. Asmodeus (4d100)[150]+(d50)[38](1/2 light) vs. Everness (6d100)[296] vs. Magi (14d100)[630] (+1/2 magic & knowledge) vs. Cthulu (1d100)[74].
    Cthulu - Creation - Pseudonatural Gitzerai - (Creation+1/2 madness) (5d100)[269]+(d50)[23]
    Cthulu - Religion - Pseudonatural Githzerai - ({Willpower+1/2 madness - ^}/2) (10d100)[438]+(d50)[8]
    Cthulu - Battle - Heal (11d10)[52]

Kroloth tames and strengthens the Auroths, to be a subservient race for the minotaurs. (healing not required as no resistance loss)

Everness reaches through the weave of magic and bends into it another system, for the governence of time, a river, Don sees this " Good idea Everness, I shall grant you a plane, and you can connect it to the hells and heavens, this plane shall be a new limbo for judgement, together we shall work out a judgement system" (549 creation strength) (heal 19 overall)

Mycellius teaches the ways of the lands and of fungus hearding to his chosen and they learn a new natural magic, taking power from the land, instead of the gods or the weave (Druids creation strength 363)

Vaspor has an ambush setup, but no-one knows where.

Cthulu creates the githzerai, his third children, and teaches them to worship him (Creation strength 293 initial, 370 after religion) (-48 resistance overall)
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-21 at 09:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Racial Techs -
    Minotaurs - Animal Husbandry (64d10)[373]
    Elves & Arcane Hawks - Animal Husbandry (163d10)[910] (added 1/2 of each, but will only let you get away with it because I gave you that false hope for a second, last time for an unrelated tech, also add the hawks to your status, they are wholely yours since Arcos left)
    Timeforged - Education (50d10)[284]
    Salamanders & Phoenixes - Forging (115d10)[617]
    Shadow Folk - Seafaring (43d10)[233]
    Illithids & Umberhulks - Mind Stapling (148d10)[796] (Prepare for the awesome)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

A golden chariot arrives at each of your home lands, it has no horses, nor drivers, and it takes away your chosen.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness waved goodbye to the one named Augusto as he embarked in the chariot. He would miss the little guy. He had done a lot for the community. He even established the first academy.

The Keeper of Time watched his people for some time. Their minds were evolving fast. However, Everness found their religious practices a bit lacking. They had developed a cult, but it was still too disorganized to its taste. So he inspired them to build stone circles, barrows and other similar sacred sites to form ley lines.

Then Everness thought of the Shadow Weave and its connection to the shadow folk. He had his own plane now. Why couldn't the timeforged tap into the power of the magic-infused River of Time? After all, the gnomes' own experiments had given them a minor ability to manipulate time. He knew they would be able to handle it. He approached a few of them and taught them the secrets of chronomancy. Chronomancy is a powerful form of magic, but it is also very difficult to master.

OOC:
    Battle - Heal
    Religion - Ley lines/stone circles and other sacred sites
    Creation - Chronomancers
    Technology - Mysticism
    Just tell me if chronomancy (by this I mean several time-related spells such as haste, slow and time stop, obviously, as well as some divination and eventually some very powerful rituals) is too powerful. However I don't intend the gnomes to master this art soon. I suppose we have to wait 'til we develop Divination in the Tech Tree before our people are good at it?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-21 at 03:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Bastard View Post
    Racial Techs -
    Minotaurs - Animal Husbandry [roll0]
    Elves & Arcane Hawks - Animal Husbandry [roll1] (added 1/2 of each, but will only let you get away with it because I gave you that false hope for a second, last time for an unrelated tech, also add the hawks to your status, they are wholely yours since Arcos left)
    Timeforged - Education [roll2]
    Salamanders & Phoenixes - Forging [roll3]
    Shadow Folk - Seafaring [roll4]
    Illithids & Umberhulks - Mind Stapling [roll5] (Prepare for the awesome)
    I thought I had two racial techs.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mycellius makes sure the chief priest got on the chariot and watched as it departed. He then gave his druids a path to power, The Hidden Paths. He then decided to create a group of astral creatures to protect Halcyron. They were massive creatures made of fungi and moss, with many glowing spots around him. They were given powers of fungi and he called them Spore Titans.
    Lastly, he decided to now stay in Halcyron to rule over it when the dead come, and so he sat down in the middle of Halcyron, on a throne he had made when he constructed Halcyron, and rested up.

Technology: Hidden Paths
    Creation: Spore Titan
    Heal
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-21 at 02:28 PM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: Mike, I'm pretty sure you get Way of the Forest for free, no need to research it.))

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth overlooked the games held to find the strongest and wisest of his minotaurs. When the chariot arrived, the proud champion quickly got on. Kroloth watched him leave, then focused his attention back on his followers. He noticed they had learned to ride the auroths, making it easier for them to explore their land and herd their flocks.

But still something was missing. The minotaurs were large and powerful, but still a little slow. They would need someone that was quick and agile. Kroloth searched the island and saw the mountain cats living in the forests that covered a large part of the island. Kroloth took them and transformed them into lithe humanoids, roughly the size of an elf or human. He called them Mran and taught them of his ways, much as he did for the minotaurs. He then introduced the two races and told them of how each was the compliment of the other.

OOC:
    Technology: Horseback Riding
    Creation: Mran
    Religion: Teach Mran
    Battle: Heal

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus was pleased with his followers. They had powerful weapons and were spreading across the continent. He decided to show them something new. They had already been touched by his will, his power, they were already what others might call "tainted" and this gave them some measure of power, but he felt they needed to get in touch with his domain, Hell, in a truer sense. And so he taught them how to contact the realm so much easier, and how to become almost a part of it, and how to draw power from it and those that lived there as well as from himself.

With this done he looked abroad. He saw a race of beings, they were large and strong, and they valued strength. He saw them and he was impressed. In the form of a large fiery Minotaur, he came among them. He told them the strength of flames and of his home, Hell. He told them of his might, and the might of those who followed him. Many did not join him, but others followed him. He took them and improved them and brought them back to his home in the far south, far far from their home.

((Technology: Infernal Pact))
    ((Creation: Corrupting the Minotaurs))
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Cthulhu, was pleased with his new crations, and decided to create for them a new pit to dwell in, adn thushe created the ever changing tunnels, tunnels that no SANE creature could ever navigate for they were ruled by the ways of chaos, and madness, and would provdie quarry for the assassins to practice on, incase any MORTALS wandered into his cave.

he then begins to rest alittle, to recover from all the actions of creation he had done, but not before teaching his children the knowldge of the ether (or as he cals it the far realm.)

(OOC)
    Creation: The ever changing tunnels.
    social: Heal
    combat: heal
    technology: Knowldge of the ether.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Vaspor

Vaspor, having attended to contingencies for the moment, decided to take some time to gain strength, and observe the other gods. In this time, he gave guidance to Nasooth's husband, filling his mind with knowledge that would eventually weave through the populace, guiding their development. Then, Vaspor's focus turned to a new creation.

Vaspor had been pushing the Shadow Folk toward the seas, but they would need allies. So, Vaspor created an aquatic race, kin to cephalapods the way merfolk were kin to fish. Although they could go to the surface for short periods, they prefered the deeper, dark waters, as they too would have a bond to the Shadow Weave. Soon, the Nightmer were done.

That being done, Vaspor made an illusionary visage before Kroloth. "Bit of a thorn in the side, these corrupters, aren't they?"

OOC: Battle: Heal
    Technology: Work along Astrology tree.
    Creation: Nightmer