New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: A New God-Game Rules System - Game Thread

Everness smiled. Watching an imposing minotaur trying to fit in his seat and drink tea from a procelain cup was quite amusing. But he didn't mean disrespect.

"Oh, I know that some gods are bad news. But I don't think we need to be too alarmed. I don't think we are meant to kill each other. But why do I trust you in particular?"

The Keeper shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Maybe I don't. Maybe I only needed someone to talk to. Things can get pretty boring in this almost infinite plane!"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mycellius looked upon the conversation in the time-god's hold. He had gotten the message from the minotaur's god, and was troubled at the fact that many gods were taking up his time. But that could wait. Now the first of the Myconids were coming to his domain, up the river of time. Though they were good and powerful creatures, they had shord life spans, and died at early ages. The first of the myconids to arrive were in awe of the paradise awaiting for them. It was a massive forested paradise, with no sun but light from the massive bioluminescent fungi hanging from the cealing. There was a large waterfall in the north, that lead to a winding river that lead to the south, which flowed through a small tunnel out of the cavern into a massive lake below, in another cavern. The plane itself was the size of a small world, as was the subplane below it: The Lake of twilight. At the center of the Eternal Cavern there was a peak that rose above the forests and ended in a throne, Mycellius' throne. The Myconids loved the Eternal Cavern, where they had no need to absorb nutrients, no need to rest, no need for any care in the world. The fungal titans were working perfectly, keeping dark creatures out of the caverns and allowing the Myconids in. And so content with the state of affairs at Halcyron, Mycellius went to the Time-God and Minotaur God, At the tower in the time plane, and knocked on the door. "I wish to speak to the both of you, mighty brothers" he said "I wish to make a proposition". His voice boomed across the plane.
    Other: Travel to Everness' plane and tried to communicate with him and Korloth.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-24 at 08:59 AM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((Wait, haven't you created something already this turn? I don't think we are in a new turn, since Don hasn't posted yet.))

Everness went to the nearest window and leaned to catch a glimpse of the visitor.

"Hello god of fungi! Am I happy to see you!
    We will hear your proposal. Come, the doors are unlocked. Come inside and share a cup of tea with two of the most powerful beings in existence."

4. - Top - End - #124

OOC: I'll edit that out.

Mycellius entered the massive tower. Inside, the gods were sitting down, drinking the "Tea" that the Time God described. He greeted the two gods and sat down, and took up a cup in his hand and sipped it. It was good, a little hot, but sweet. He cleared his throat and began to speak. "We are all sons of Don the Illegitamate, all coming from his form" he said "So I have a proposition: To make an alliance of sorts". "My people are mining the upper underdark for precious metals, some are nice and heave, while others are light and strong, but all can be used to make weapons and armor." Unfortunately, My people aren't fighters, they are clerics and Druids". So maybe the Myconids could trade with your Timeforged, to make armor and weapons."Then you could trade the weapons and armor made from the timeforged to the mighty Minotaurs, who would be even stronger with the weapons that are forged from my metals" He said, then cleared his throat to say more "Also, our peoples could ally as we do, protecting each other in their times of need, which would solidify my proposed alliance." Now what's your say?"
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"This is a fantastic idea, o Fungal One. As different as they are, I'm sure our people could greatly benefit from such an alliance. The timeforged will be happy to share their knowledge and their inventions with the minotaurs and the myconids. What do you think of that, my horned friend?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Everness - Creation - Abstract/Class - Chronomancers (It's only as powerful as the roll) wp+time (11d100)[577]
    Everness - Religion - Place of Worship - Ley lines/Stone Circles and other sacred sites 1/2 wp+ 1/2 cr(13d50)[314] (just being lazy)
    Everness - Battle - Heal (12d10)[58]
    Mycellius - Creation - Spore Titan or Dusk Shiner? cr+1/2fungus (13d50)[301]
    Mycellius - Battle - Heal (10d10)[68]
    Kroloth - Creation - Mran (7d50)[242]
    Kroloth - Religion - Mran (9d50)[217]
    Kroloth - Battle - Heal (11d10)[73]
    Asmodeus - Creation - Corrupting the Minotaurs (4d100)[243]
    Cthulu - Creation - Abstract/Planar - The Ever Changing Tunnels 1/2wp+1/2cr+1/2mad (8d100)[320]
    Cthulu - Battle - Heal (11d10)[69]
    Vaspor - Creation - Nightmare cr+1/2shadow (9d100)[367]
    Vaspor - Battle - Heal (8d10)[38]
    Magi - Battle - Heal (You've still got an extra research, tell me what you wan't, your religion was a freebee, this one will count towards "experience") (7d10)[21]

RE: God powers, knowing what is going on when someone is trying to hide it is Deception vs. Perception test, powers should be suitable to your domains, eg. Asmodeus manipulate fire and light, Mycellius tunneling, Cthulu creating insane visions etc.

Sorry for laziness above, am wicked tired and I think you are getting what the equations are.

Everness - Creates Chronomancers (577 cr str), ley lines (314 cr str) & heals (-42 overall)

Mycellius - Creates something (301 cr str), and heals (+18 overall)

Kroloth - Creates the Mran (242 cr str) and then weakens them with religion (230 cr str after religion), then heals (-27 overall).

Asmodeus - Bolsters the minotaurs resolve with a botched religion roll (479 cr str after religion)

Cthulu - creates a planar sub realm, the ever changing tunnels (cr str 320) and heals (+19 overall)

Vaspor - Heals (+38 overall)

Magi - Heals (+21 overall)

OOC: FF fanboy & Ganaruath, I like the new avatars
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-24 at 09:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Technologies (then you can "level up" your gods {those with enough})
    Time-forged - Mysticism (92d10)[554]
    Myconids - Hidden Paths (74d10)[422]
    Minotaurs - Horseback Riding (47d10)[245]
    Salamanders & Pheonixes - Infernal Pact (115d10)[681]
    Illithids & Umberhulks - Knowledge of the ether (118d10)[643]
    Shadow Folk - Sailing (43d10)[249]

@Emperor Demonking - You have completed Mysticism, and so you get another tech reseach this turn so, PICK 3 TECHNOLOGIES FOR YOUR CREATURES.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don addresses CthuluAlthough at times I do not fully comprehend your motives, or fully condone your actions I cannot deny that you are leading your people with wisdom as they are growing powerful as a people, I therefore grant you some extra powers gain an additional domain at level 1.

Don addresses you all The forum is progressing nicely, and your chosen are doing well

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness thought a while about the proposed alliance. The timeforged would obviously have to learn how to build ships before any trade could take place. This could wait, however, since the gnomes were busy improving their skils in metallurgy.

Then, Everness got bored again. He saw that the timeforged and the reapers were long-lived. However, he knew that in a few centuries, they would die from old age anyhow. The power to rejuvenate their cells had its limits. What the world needed was a species that lived long enough to witness the birth and fall of civilizations. They would be the collective memory of the mortal races.

The Keeper left his tower to travel to the material plane. There he carved massive creatures of rock from the mountainside. He called them Monoliths and made them sentient. Those golems are immune to the effects of time. They do not understand what death is, even if they know of it. Their existence is regulated by cycles. They remain asleep for decades. However, there are always some monoliths active at any given time. They are repositories of knowledge, but strangely, they keep to themselves and are not really talkative. Most mortals are not even aware that they exist anyway. When they see a number of monoliths erected in a field, they assume they are just inanimate statues, the legacy of a long-lost people (they look like the Easter Island statues when resting).

Pleased, Everness returned to the meeting.

((OOC: Creation- Monoliths
    Religion-Heal
    Battle- Heal
    Technology- Bronze working
    Social- Negotiating an alliance with Kroloth and Mycellius))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-24 at 02:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Fungal Titans were made 2 rounds ago, and when you said we had an extra round, I made dusk shiners. Also I'll post my IC when i get home, i don't have much time right now.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth frowns as the Mran seem to prefer to stay to themselves, rather than strongly interact with the minotaurs. In fact, they had discovered the ocean and how to obtain food from the creatures living there. But he would have to do something about their isolationism. And so he appeared to them as a 'perfect' speciman of a male Mran. He encouraged them to interact with the minotaur and follow Kroloth's edicts, for it would bring them happiness.

Thinking more on what Everness had said, Kroloth decided to create his own plane, connected to Heaven. There his people would come after death to live their dies in happiness: hunting, resting, and especially competing against each other. In the center of the plane would be his own fortress, with a gladitoral arena build next to it.

This done, Kroloth returns to the meeting. He ponders Mycellius' proposl. After a moment he nods. "An alliance could prove useful. These arms and armor you speak of could help both my people greatly. And in return my people will help yours as they can. Once they learn to travel the oceans in order to reach each other, anyways." He smiles at the both of them.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Creation: Esgard
    Religion: Boost Mran
    Battle: Heal
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Don, the "corrupted" minotaurs, are they at all different from normal minotaurs or do they just follow me now?)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: You didn't corrupt any. Thus the botched religion roll)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'm glad you like my new avvy Don, yours seem distnctivly super mario based, but there very nice.)

Cthulhu is insanly over joy'd at the new infulx of power he recieved. (so wait do I get another domain point, or do I get another domain, at the total of my lowest one?)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-24 at 04:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus was pleased with his creations. While he had not been able to alter the Minotaurs, he would try again when he was more powerful. For now they proved able servants and powerful allies. His people knew the craft of the forge, and their fires soon made weapons and armors of different kinds. As his peoples spread across the islands their might created strong settlements. He taught them how to teach one another the skills they would need, and he instilled them with the will to create a formalized written language, to correlate with the tongues they spoke, including the language of the Demons, Helltongue.

When he finished he saw Kroloths new creations. They were isolationists, separated from the Minotaurs. He chose a new guise, and hid his presence as best he could. He went among some of the Mran secretly, and sought to recruit them. He told them of the power of light, and of the realm below: Hell. He told them of the might of the creatures who lived there and the knowledge they held, and told them they too could have this knowledge. He went secretly, in the form of serpents and of fire, and of a great orator. He did his best to hide his actions from Kroloth. He knew the god was angered by his earlier machinations, and he had no wish to get in a fight if he did not have too.

(Technology: Education
    Creation: Corrupting some Mran)

16. - Top - End - #136

Mycellius returned to Halcyron, confident in the meeting. He was intrigued by this "Sea Travel" That the other two gods thought about, but he decided that route wasn't for the Myconids. Instead, they would build tunnels connecting the two. But before they could create that, they would need better weapons. So he gave one of the worker myconids a stoke of genius. The myconid took some copper ore, and some tin ore, and melted them together with a blast bug, a native inhabitant of the tunnels. He then took some tongs use for picking bug berries to take the melted heap and cooled it, then he banged it into shape with a hammer. When it cooled, he heated it again, just a little more, and began to shape it with the hammer into a pick, like the one he often used. He stuck a sturdy shaft into a slot he melted into it with his acid spores and brought it with him to mine with the others. They were amazed at how much better he did then them. They wanted more, and he taught them. And so mycellius taught his people Bronzeworking.

Technology: Bronzeworking

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    @Asmodeus - Your attempt to corrupt the minotaurs was botched, and their resolve was increased (my logic behind this is: whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger)

@Mike - I just didn't have time to finish that round that day so I gave you an extra 24 hours (48 as it turned out, but I did learn some valuable things over the weekend)

@FF fanboy - you will recieve one extra domain with one point in it, so you could take Flesh 1 or Psionics 1 or Oddly Colored Fruit 1.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Go for Oddly Colored Fruit 1!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

(Oddly colored fruit FTW! No not really.) Okay, then. Cthulhu feeling the large influx of power enter him from the over deity knopwn only as "Don the illegitamate", decided he should gift himself with the power of the mind. (psionics), but he overdid it alittle being crazy, and some of his psionics leaked out into his followers the psuedo natural Illithids. (this should make them stronger. Willpower+psionics+Chaos, I believe would be the imbuing of mental power by accident. :p) but not all of them approved of the easy study of the mind, and instead pleaded to their god offering him sacrifices of blood, and flesh to gift them with new power. So Cthulhu gave them the knowdlge of necromancy a foul art of darkness. (it works considering that most necromacners are crazy to some degree.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-24 at 09:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Everness - Creation - Monoliths (8d100)[436]
    Everness - Religion - Heal (14d10)[96]
    Everness - Battle - Heal (14d10)[86]
    Kroloth - Creation - Esgard (12d100)[594] (1/2 each of WP, CR, BT, Str & Hon)
    Kroloth - Religion - Mran (15d50)[336] (WP + 1/2 Hon)
    Kroloth - Battle - Heal (11d10)[58]
    Asmodeus - Creation - Corrupting Mran (You know you can weaken them with Religion too) (4d100)[156]
    Mycellius - Creation - Dusk Shiner (Put them in this round since you didn't have a creation action) (25d50)[625]
    Cthulu - Powerup - Domain: Psionics 1!
    Cthulu - Creation - Abstract/Class Necromancer (1/2cr + 1/2wp) (11d50)[153]
    Cthulu - Religion - Boost Illithids with Psionics (wp + 1/2 psi +1/2ch) (19d50)[461]

Abstract opposed roll Asmodeus vs. Kroloth to determine who gets to act on Mran first (deific intiative) A(1d100)[39] vs. K(1d100)[47]

Everness - Monoliths (Cr Str 436), Heal (+182 overall)
    Kroloth - Creation Esgard (Cr Str 594), Bolster Mran (283 new Cr Str), Heal (-42 overall)
    Asmodeus - Corrupting Mran (Cr Str 347)
    Mycellius - Creation Dusk Shiners (Cr Str 625)
    Cthulu - Creation Necromancy (Cr Str 153), Boost Illithids - Botch {only just} (Cr Str 462)
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-25 at 09:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Technologies:
    Reapers + Timforged - Bronze Working (92d10)[523]
    Myconids + Spore Titans - Bronze Working (104d10)[569]
    Minotaurs + Mran - None
    Illithids + Umber Hulks - Necromancy {ignore the above creation roll} (98d10)[546]
    Salamanders + Pheonixes - Education (75d10)[393]
    Elves + Arcane Hawks - None

Big Text!

Reminder - Update your status, I will not add extra racial dice onto this unless you put them in your staus thread.

Also - Can you all put in the bottom of your posts a summary of what you are doing, so I don't have to dig through them to find action (looking at you McCthulu) and tag creation actions with either planar, class, creature or corrupt and religion actions with bolster or corrupt.

To Omnik I say win, most organised status and most clear actions, I will find him a hat...

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Loving these triple posts!

Don stepped through the gates of the Astral and walked the Heavens to Halycron to speak with the Godling Mycellius You treat your people as you would your children, nurturing them, protecting them and teaching them, they have grown strong under your rule, and for this I gift you a little more power, may it guide the Myconids to greatness. (gain 1 level 1 domain)

Leaving Halycron, Don traverses the heavens to Esgard, to see the Great White Minotaur, Kroloth, This place is a fine shining example of all that is good and honourable in your people, and what they deserve in death, I shall grant you a seperate plane, so that you might rule over it undisturbed and as you deem fit

Don visits each of you in your thoughts Your chosen have done well, they are indeed strong and wise as I had wanted, they have been trained and told of their tasks and I have gifted each with immortality and divine wisdom, they shall live in a marble keep in the river of time, and they shall be the judges of the faithful, determining the fates of all in the afterlife, this is my decree

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The timeforged studied the Tablets of Technology extensively during this period. In order to facilitate the communication of information relating to the sacred tablets, they developped the first alphabet.

Meanwhile, Everness was preoccupied by the corruption of the minotaurs and the hawks. He knew that gods like Vaspor were not to be trusted. So he approached the reapers to strengthen their faith. With that done, he looked back at the gnomes. Soon, he realized, they would have the means to create even better alloys than bronze. To help them acheive their goals, the Keeper created a complex he called the Creation Forges at the base of an extinct volcano.

Spoiler
    Show

Not too inspired.
    Creation- Location: Creation Forges
    Religion- Bolster Reapers
    Battle- Heal
    Tech- Writing

Yay, I'll have a hat too!

Also, you make Everness happy. He'll be able to visit his old buddy Augusto the gnome anytime, since he'll be staying in the River of Time for all eternity.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-26 at 08:40 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth bows low at the respect payed him by Don. "Thank you Father. I will not let you down." After Don leaves, Kroloth goes to check on his people. The Mran have opened up and begun to interact with the minotaurs. They have also learned how to fish, and taught this to the minotaurs as well.

Pleased his people have discovered the sea, Kroloth returns his attention to his new home. It would need guardians, someone to keep an eye on it when he was elsewhere. And so Kroloth took some of the astral material and shaped it into several humanoid shapes in shining armor. Lacking distinct features, he blessed them to appear as a perfect speciman of whatever race they were sent to lead to Esgard. Powerful and honorable warriors, these new Kirkus would make excellent followers.

Spoiler
    Show

Creation: Kirkus
    Tech: Fishing
    Religion: N/A
    Battle: Heal

25. - Top - End - #145

Mycellius felt the power bestowed by Don flow through him, empowering him. He felt that the domains he chose were superb, but now he needed to encompass the wilds themselves, to become a nature god, with caves and Fungi as his speciality. He had created Dusk Shiners before, but now he gave them a gift, the gift of free thought and sentience. But he took it a step further, making them look like Fey, but in a fungal twist. He liked them, and decided that was enough for the time being. He sat on his fungal throne and rested, while his Myconids began to construct artificial tunnels, then creating groves with the spores of the fungi, creating the best groves that nature couldn't. Mycellius was pleased.

Transformation: Dusk Shiners
    New Domain: Nature
    Rest

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: I'm a tad confused, have I managed to corrupt the Mran?))

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOC: I don't think so. You rolled less than their creation Str.))

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Asmodeus
    Spoiler
    Show
    No you didn't, your corruption roll was less than their current strength, and so they were actually bolstered, I would suggest you try and weaken them with religion first, exposing them to the awsome power of hell (would be like a WP & Hell domain roll)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Cthulhu was pleased with this new development of necromancy, and the creations it brought about, "waste not want not." he thought, and then set about teaching them the knowldge of the arcane, a dark, and twisted study filled with madness, and chaos (wild magey type stuff.). then he devoted the rest of his time to resting for the day.

((OOC))
    tech: knowldge of the arcane
    creation: The necronomicon(his book of awesome, was made to help them learn the arcane.))
    social: Heal
    combat: Heal

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth travels to the River of Time and goes to Everness' tower; it was time to fulfill his promise. He knocks on the tower's door and waits for Everness to respond.