New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Blades

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Blades

(Your run-on sentence makes the baby Cthulhu cry.)

Drake nodded. "Good thinking. I'll check the manifest."
    He scanned it over. It was mostly drugs, of the relatively harmless but still illegal variety. He was half-tempted to go and sample the roshti sap.
    Better keep his mind on the task at hand, though.
    There was also something listed only as AT-100/C.
    "Now what could that be?" Drake wondered aloud.

(I has a plan!)
    But I am the very model of a modern major general!
    Multiple expressions of gratitude to Elrond for the avatar.

I'd run for Apathetic in the Playground, but it sounds like a lot of effort.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Do share it with us, if you'd please)

Hayden begins to look around the bridge, he notices that it looks similar to the Greyna's bridge, but with a few differences. obviously the computer interface was different, but other than that and the layout, it looked like bigger version of the Greyna. Hayden looks up at Drake, So, do we have any idea on when we will be setting off again? Kind of bored already with standing around... I'm not really the passive type if you haven't already figured that out.
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Drake rolled his eyes. "No, you're not the passive type. Come help me look at something."
    "What are we looking at that you'll need help looking at?"
    "Probably a box, labelled AT-100/C. I think it might be a stolen government experiment. They use the AT designation for experiments a lot, and some pretty intenseley top-secret traffic comes through this area of space. These pirates probably raided a government ship and got that thing out of it. It's in a crew quarters, which is odd, but the quarters have been sealed off and reinforced."
    Hayden shrugged. "Could be anything. It might be a bad idea to go in there."
    Drake nodded. "Whatever it is, it destroyed the camera feed in that room."

(I'm introducing an amusingly powerful NPC.)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Maybe its time for me to settle down find a nice girl have some kids, I bet i could be a good farmer, that might prove more boring than one might think though trey ponders a number of thoughts as he walks into the kitchen. "Well, they are pirates I suppose." Trey says aloud in a surprised tone. The room was in quite the state, he opened some of the cabinets, liquor, all these people seem to have is liquor. Well I might as well sample some he grabs a bottle of a clear liquid that reads 80 proof, and a glass. Is it to early to be drinking, he looks out the window and sighs, "I suppose it doesn't matter in space" Trey says aloud, "Heres to you, I'll never forget." he pours a glass and gulps half of it. "Disgusting, well then I think I'll be needing some food or else this is going to prove very interesting." He searches around and finds some bread, he eats it quickly. the room starts to swirl a little bit, Trey lifts his arm very sluggishly "I thin tha botale was labled wro.." Trey falls from the chair he was sitting on and hits the floor hard he out cold.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-11 at 04:25 PM.
    If I have some trouble standing up, it's only because you rocked my world~me

5. - Top - End - #95

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden looks at Drake with for once what looks like actual fear, I didn't sense anything in the crew quarters when we came in... nor do I now... Hayden activates his dual blades and draws his SMGs. Would you liek to come with me to go check it out? or do you want to miss out on all the fun? Hayden says, trying to regain a calm disposition. He feels out with all his strength, he senses Trey in the galley, he focuses on him for a moment, briefly seeing that he is on the floor. not sure what happened, Hayden looks back to Drake, I think we should stop by the galley on the way over and check on Trey, he isn't moving... Hayden's fear begins creeping back up his spine again.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Drake made a split-second decision. "If that thing kills me, I'll at least soften it up for you. Go check on Trey. Maybe if it kills me, you two together can take it out."
    Hayden nodded. "All right. Try not to die. I don't like you, per se, but I dislike you less than certain other people."
    Drake grinned. "Aww, I wuvs oo too, Hayden!" He stuck his arms out. "Can I have a hug?"
    Hayden stared at him for a moment and walked away. "I rescind my previous statement."

7. - Top - End - #97

BlueKnightGuy

you'd have a better chance of getting a hug from me if you were of the female persuasion... Hayden thinks to himself. Aaaany way... I'll go check on Trey, I'll meet you outside the crew quarters... as soon as you can get there... Hayden says as he begins to run down the hall towards the galley. Hayden arrives to see Trey lying on the floor, and he notices the bottle in his hand. Idiot... it's a pirate ship in the middle of space, what else would they have besides the alchoholic equivilant of an elephant tranqualizer? Hayden says while shaking his head. He walks over to Trey, grabs him the back of the collar and drags him to the corner of the galley, and places him under a table, and places a makeshift netting over it. At least this way if we die you might have a chance... scratch that, we're so screwed... Hayden debates this in his head as he goes to meet Drake. "So where's Trey?" Drake asks, I left him under a table of course. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. Unless it involves a bottle... (the italics are mumbled) "What was that?" Nothing, you ready for this?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Drake sighed and thumbed the keypad at the side of the door.
    It whooshed open and a gleaming silver fist slammed into his chest. He flew backwards and slammed into the wall.
    Hayden reacted instantly. He plunged his energy blades into the silver thing. They passed right through it and came out without leaving a mark.
    It ran out the door and up to Drake and grabbed him by the collar. Unintelligeble words came out of its mouth. "Woressy koloto Chenchin!"
    It had its hands at Drake's throat, and he was struggling to breathe.
    It looked into his eyes. Its own eyes were black pits in the silvery surface of its face.
    "I don't want to hurt you," Drake said.
    The thing stared for a moment longer and then said, "Idontwanttohurtyou?"
    Drake nodded. It shook its head. "Karassta locojo endukri. Chenchin lumisst hegg."
    "Okay, that didn't work."
    "Okaythatdidntwork? Chenchin lumisst ju."
    "Why do I get the feeling it's giving me until the count of three?" An idea popped into his head. "Hayden, turn off your blades!"
    Hayden complied, if only because of Drake's frantic tone. The thing let go of him.
    Drake stood up. It was arranged like a human, almost. Very short, but very powerfully built. Interesting. Like a human being seen through a funhouse mirror. Drake recalled one other thing that AT was used for. Mysterious discovere objects.

9. - Top - End - #99

BlueKnightGuy

Well, that would explain why I couldn't sense it... Hayden chuckled. He quickly regained his seriousness though when he saw Drake's dissaproving glare. So, What is it? "A robot" was Drake's careless response. Hayden shot him a "oh no really? because I thought it was a piece of toast" look. (It's a fun look, you should try it) I can see that, but how did the pirates, stupid as they were, manage to get it in the crew quarters and stay there? Hayden shook his head.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Drake shook his head. "It had to have been already contained, and they must have overpowered it somehow."
    The little robot shook its head. "Craali pessha noko lumisst."
    Drake stared for a moment. "Craali?" The robot spread its hands apart and a little hologram of a very short silver Craali appeared between them. "Lumiss kro gugel. Human lumisst reda faahn."
    Drake thought for a momenbt and then pantomimed stabbing Hayden through the chest. "Lumisst?"
    The robot nodded. "Lumisst. Lumiss, lumisst, lum."
    Drake nodded and turned to Hayden. "Lumisst means death or kill, I think. I think it means that there was another one, made in the image of a Craali, that was killed by a llarge number of Humans."

11. - Top - End - #101

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden listens carefully, where he grew up he had never seen anything of sentient life beyond that of regular Humans and Craali. He looks at Drake, Well, he said "Lummist" a few times in your little scuffle there. I guess he thought we were trying to kill him, er, it? Hayden walks over to the robot he speaks slowly, Do you understand me? My name is Hayden. He obviously wanted to mess around with the robot, to see if it was capable of holding a conversation wihtout bashing someone's chest in.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

The robot grabbed Hayden by the throat and lifted him off his feet. "Lumisst Chenchin Human kay sadta."
    "No!" Drake yelled. "No lumisst! No lumiss, no lum!"
    The robot turned. "Human sadta Chenchin."
    Drake sighed. "Yeah, I don't like him much either, but I might need him in the future." He pantomimed what it would look like for the robot to put Hayden down. "Please, just set him down?"
    The robot, which Drake was beginning to suspect might be named Chenchin, put Hayden down.
    Drake pointed at his chest. "Drake."
    The robot pointed at its chest. "Chenchin." It pointed at Drake, then at Hayden, and both times, it said, "Drake?"
    Drake shook his head. "Drake," he said, indicating himself. He pointed to Hayden. "Hayden. Drake, Hayden." He pointed at the robot. "Chenchin?"
    Chenchin nodded. "Chenchin. Drake. Hayden." It tapped the floor. "Rekka ulossu trettall meck?"
    Drake grinned. "The ship? You want to know what the ship is called?"
    "Theshipyouwanttoknowwhattheshipiscalled?"
    Drake sighed and signed walking and following. "Follow me, Chenchin."
    He started towards the bridge. A few moments later, Chenchin began to follow him.
    When they arrived, Drake pulled up a realtime sensor display showing the three ships. He manipulated the controls, tapped the image of the Thanopstru, and then the floor. "Thanopstru," he said with both the tap of the image and of the floor. He tapped the image of the Grenya. "Grenya." He moved to tap the picture of Trey's ship and then shook his head. "I don't know what that one is called, actually."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey opens his eyes slowly, its really dark and his eyes hurt, at first he can't see anything. He sits there pondering what just happened, he stretches his hand hits something hard above his head. "What the hell." he say but even as he says this his ears start to ring. That was some terribly strong stuff, I'll have to relocate that bottle, he thinks but even thinking seems to hurt right now. He raises his arm and pushes the table up, the sudden light blinds him "ahhhh" he yells loudly covering his eyes and then his ears in sequence. What the hell where they drinking, and just where the hell am I. Trey begins to reach out with his hand feeling around, this is still the kitchen. he keeps feeling about his hand reaches something cool and slick made from glass, he hesitates then grabs it. Slowly opening his eyes they adjust to the light in the room. "oh my eyes" Trey moans walking from the kitchen, and still quite intoxicated stumbles his way down the hallway back to the bridge. As the door opens up he steps though the threshold, and sees two familiar faces and a strange looking third one. "Who's this funn..." Trey swallows hard "...ey looking fellow, then?" he asks in slurred speech.

(you guys got busy today)
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-11 at 11:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

"Trey? What the hell? Are you drunk?"
    Trey thought for a moment. "Ish posshible," he conceded.
    Drake sighed. "Trey, this is Chenchin. Don't provoke him. He might kill you. What was your ship called?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey stumbles forward "hello shanchon is nice to meep you, would you care for a drink?" as trey speaks his voice gets louder at some points, he holds the bottle up to chenchin, the thing takes the bottle and looks at it, not paying him any attention Trey stumbles over to Drake. "Who told chu tha was my ship?" Trey grins broadly.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-11 at 11:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

"The ship you were on. As you are the only survivor, it defaults to your ownership for the duration of its voyage until an investigation is conducted as to how you survived. Congratulations on owning a useless hulk. What's it called?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey looks confused. "The only one tha survived?" he looks around "I wash the only one on it. that does not make it mine though, or does it I can't remember right now. the name you say? Trey thinks for a long while. "I believe the repots said it wash The Heavenly Lady. Although, shesh not so heavenly now is she?" he begins laughing at his own joke and stumbles over onto the ground.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Drake sighed. He tapped the picture of the Heavenly Lady. "Heavenly Lady," he said. He pointed to Trey. "Trey."
    Chenchin nodded and recited all the names he'd learned, pointing to the owner of each in turn.
    "That's right," Drake said.
    "Thatsright?"
    Drake sighed. This was going to be a long, strange voyage. "Computer, bring up the damage screens."
    A holographic schematic of the damage to the Thanopstru appeared in the middle of the bridge.
    "Help?" Drake said.
    Chenchin reached forward and stared for a few moments at the hologram, then walked right through it and placed one hand on the computer console. The hand sank straight in and Chenchin stared off into nothing for a moment, then he said, "Grenya crassad hoorati Chenchin yugg hellet. Treega helk lopoteshi Heavenly Lady juru."
    He walked out the door, dropping the bottle Trey had handed him as he left.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey rolls over and looks at the bottle. "Well Thats just rude." He says and then he crawls over to the bottle and grabs it.

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueKnightGuy

As Chenchin put Hayden back on the ground, he looked over to Drake, You know, I'm not to fond of you at the moment either... as the two start walking back to the bridge, Hayden looks around for another moment. Damn robots... He then turns to follow them. When Chenchin leaves the room, Hayden looks over to Trey, yelling rather loudly, Are you sensitive to sound yet? "No" was the response. Oh, well then, thanks for ruining my fun. Hayden then begins to follow Chenchin, walking next to the robot he begins to talk to it, Chenchin, may I call you Chen? He makes movements with his hands as he speaks. The robot just ignores him as he walks. Figures.

(Starts with his hands spread apart about 1' when he says Chenchin. Moves them close when he says Chen.)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(blank post is blank now)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-17 at 03:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

test is success

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by smity; 2008-09-17 at 03:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

"Find anything interesting?" Jayel asked everybody as he stepped in the same room, energy blade now defused.

He'd taken his time killing the rest of the pirates while everyone else had been dealing with the pirate captain and the strange new robot.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

[roll]1d20[/roll] jhdsafjjdsafh
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-28 at 01:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    testing something