New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Blades

1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Blades

Hayden, becoming bored by sitting in a seat with nothing to do for twenty or so hours, dcides to get up and walk back to the Crew Quarters. On the way back he makes sure to look at the Simu-Maps of the region of space where the Aliens where supposed to be. There wasn't a lot of data on that region, barely any really. It was on the edge of mankind's reach, so it was fairly devoid of sentient life. There was a planet only a lightyear or so away from their target zone. Perfect, a planet we can use for emergency escape incase we get ambushed or some other annoyance. after he completed his thought he realized that he probably just cursed himself with that... Damn ships that don't carry blocks of wood for this purpose... Hayden then continued to the CQ. He closed the doors and made sure that he could sense the locations of his crewmates. A surprise in this case will result in a missing limb or a decapitation... And I do not want to go to another court-martial... Hayden thought as he activated his Wrist-Blades.

He moved his arms around to get used to the extra weight first, then he began to simulate a small battle by acting out his attacks and blocks. he thrusted, parried, slashed, cut, flipped, and he even pushed his senses to the limits, pushing their range to far beyond the ship's hull. He could feel the movements of his allies, Zal'rek clicking and clacking on the keynaord to the database, Drake staring out the viewscreen into space, Jayel watching the other two closely, Vrillka wondering about her cabin mentally complaining about the people she was forced to deal with. For a moment he though he could actually see them all, at the same time, and it scared him. I've never been able to do that before... Hayden stated in his mind. He kept his senses to just beyond the doors, but otherwise continued practiceing.

(as soon as someone gets near the door and is going towards is he conceals his blades and practices hand-to-hand to explain for the noise and exhausted look about him.)
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Drake sighed.
    The longer a journey was going to take, the less he liked it. If he had one flaw, it was impatience. He had more than one flaw.
    He leaned back in his seat and looked around.
    Somewhere out there was the alien.
    Somewhere he couldn't see.
    Yet.

Nine thousand lightyears away, the Grenya began to slip into the sensors of the alien mothership.
    Analysis was carried out, decisions were made.
    The primary decision was to be prepared.
    The defenses began to slip up, and the ship slowly became combat-ready.
    They had time, and with time, they could do...

Anything.
    But I am the very model of a modern major general!
    Multiple expressions of gratitude to Elrond for the avatar.

I'd run for Apathetic in the Playground, but it sounds like a lot of effort.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

(If this is against the rules, just tell me, and I won't do it again.

However, upon this occasion:

double post!)

Drake looked up as a light on the panel in front of him started flashing.
    Energy discharges on the limits of shortscan sensor range. Bursts of power, jumping across locations, like an electron drive making numerous microjumps.
    One steady signal was there too. The exact signature of an energy blade, and from the wavelengths he was receiving, probably red.
    A lot of pirates liked the color red. Something to do with blood.
    This was a battle. He checked the monitors. There was enough power stored up in the capacitors for the minimum jump distance.
    "Zal'rek, take a look at this."
    The Craali stood up and walked over. "Looks like a fight."
    Drake nodded. "Exactly. It's a fight of some kind, I know that much. We might be able to help, or at least scare off the attacker."
    Zal'rek shook his head. "It could be dangerous, and we'd need to jump to get there."
    Drake nodded. "Yeah, but it's in our path. I'm gonna make the jump." He tapped the comm system. "All hands, brace for a small jump. We've got to help somebody out."
    there were several noises of protest, all cut off by the sound of the electron drive drinking in energy and then releasing it, tearing the ship apart.
    And reassembling it a tenth of a lightyear away.
    Drake felt the familiar lurching deceleration and then turned to his sensors.
    "Zal'rek, take the sensors, I'll take helm. Everybody find a battlestation!"

The pirate turned away from his prey. The electron spires were already cut away. He could go nowhere. So of course some interloper would come by.
    On the bridge of the ship, the captain slapped his nearest underling.
    "You idiots told me there were no scheduled patrols nearby! Destroy them!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tapping furiously at the ships control panel Trey frantically tried to get his ship to move again, but it was over the electron spires must have been damaged all he could do now was wait to be taken, and pray his luck had not finally run out, a sensor on the panel signaled a spike in energy nearby a small jump someone was coming very close, the pirates ship began to turn.
    "This is going to be a very interesting day." Trey said aloud to himself.
    he then tapped out the commands to try and open a communications line to the new ship arriving on the scene.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-08-28 at 06:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

BlueKnightGuy

As the Greyna lurched forward in space Hayden was of course not happy, but at the notice of 'Battle Stations' He quickly headed for the bridge at full speed, making sure to turn his blades off before he opened the door to the CQ. Once on the bridge he saw the pirates turn to attack. "Of course! As soon as everything is going well something happens! And to top it all off i wasn't even in the room! But anyway, What the hell is going on now?!" Hayden shouts, both excited and afraid, he'd never been in space combat before...
    Last edited by DeathKnight; 2008-08-28 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

(Hmmm... One of my posts has mysteriously dissappeared....)

Space combat was half innovation, in Drake's experience.
    "Somebody be ready to cover the tractor beams, we may have to throw things at this guy. Hayden, respond to that call we're getting."
    Drake turned the Grenya and slashed at the pirate, but found his attack blocked. The pirate extended a second blade and Drake said a word that won't be repeated here.
    Two blades can be hard for a person to manage, but with a ship, they become a major advantage. Battleships had dozens of blades.
    Drake backed away and groaned as the pirate pounded into electron drive and was suddenly behind them.
    He swung the energy blade into position to protect the drive spires and turned to meet the attack.

7. - Top - End - #37

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden quickly zipped over to the Comm system. he clicked a few keys and picked up the headset, "Hello? This is the Recon ship Greyna, please state your designation." Hayden said, trying to be professional. he felt out with his senses, as far as he could manage, he could only sense life sings at the distances he was extending to. he sensed twelve organics onboard the pirate ship, and a single organic onboard the damaged ship. Hayden focused on the pirate vessel for a moment, he could feel the majority of them onboard what he assumed was the bridge. He looked at the ship itself and focused on where they were, a small tower jutting out from the mid section of the ship, that's where they must strike to end this fight. He shouted out to Drake without losing focus on the other ship. "Drake! that small tower in the middle of their ship, aim for that! that's where their bridge is! Unless you want to board the other ship and take it... since it has better weaponry...It's better than sitting here in a twisting metal death-trap." Hayden said both seriously and sarcastically. He was itching to sink his blades into someone, or something.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Drake thought for a moment.
    "Zal'rek, what are the specs on the pirate?"
    Zal'rek studied his monitors for a few minutes and then replied, "We could run it if that's what you want to know. He's got a class seven electron drive, heavy armor. He's a little slower with sublight than we are, but he carries a lot of fuel."
    Drake shrugged. "We can try to take him, but it balances out pretty evenly. If I get the opportunity, I'll destroy that ship."
    He dived in, aiming for the pirate's main structural crossbeam so he wouldn't be able to twist hard enough to do major damage with the energy blade.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey heard a beep and the communications where opened, a voice came through the static. "Hello? This is the Recon ship Greyna, please state your designation." the man said. Trey coughed and pushed the button "Hello Greyna this is Trey Ellington, my destination was the coordinates 1487Y, 378X, 1359Z. Currently my destination is anywhere away from these pirates. It would seem that you are outmatched, maybe you should run."
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-08-28 at 07:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Zal'rek hears the message across the bridge's speakers. His head tilts back in laughter, "HAHA! Just because we are outmatched doesn't mean that we don't have the advantage...or does it? hehe! I don't exactly know, but I'd certainly love to find out! Let's take her! Besides, running wouldn't work. Clearly the ship has more advanced jumping technology then us and all that would happen is it would follow our energy signature to bring the battle to another location."

Zal'rek turns around and looks around the room. "Come on, let's have a little fun!" he says grinning ear to ear and rubbing the side of his rifle still strapped to his back.
    Last edited by smity; 2008-08-28 at 08:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Working quickly Trey used his ships arm to pick up its sole weapon a basic energy sword he turned it on and maneuvered the arm to the front of the ship pointing straight forward. he hit the com button and began to speak. "Your ship has tractor beams doesn't it?" the voice comes over the com "Yes." Trey takes a deep breath. "Throw me at the pirates!" Trey said this with a bit of uncertainty in his voice.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-08-28 at 08:41 PM.
    If I have some trouble standing up, it's only because you rocked my world~me

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

"See," Zal'rek says as the message comes across the com, "he's figured it out too, and now we even have a plan. We use his ship to break the shields and ram a whole into its sides, and then board his ship to get to the pirates. It's a sure thing...ok, well it's a sure fun thing."

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden looks up wiht an expression of pure excitement Yes! Time to cut up some pirates!" Hayden immediatly runs back to his quarters and grabs his extra weaponry out of his footlocker, checks it, and runs back to the bridge. "OK, i'm ready now. Let's go kill some pirates!" Hayden shouts out as he loads his two SMGs

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

waiting anxiously Trey plays with the buttons on his vest, then he hits the com button. "Greyna, do you copy?" he leans back in his chair "This is going to be very interesting" he says to himself.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-08-28 at 09:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden looks at Zal'rek, "Well? Aren't you going to answer it? You are closer after all, I need to prepare myself for the fight at hand. Hayden announces slyly.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Zal'rek shrugs. I guess there's no use for me at the sensors anymore, he thinks to himself. He walks over to the comm spins the chair around while sitting in it and hits the comm channel.

"We'll have you out of there and safely in the side of another ship in a few moments, mean while enjoy our theme song I just found stored on the ships data base while you wait."

Hard core metal breaks over the speakers. Most likely left by a mechanic or engineer on the data base when doing routine ship maintenance.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A new voice comes over the speakers in a playful tone, and when the message is through some horrid music starts playing, Trey hits the comm button "Please stop the music Greyna, I need to focus on the current situation." Trey picks up his rapier handle and holds it he looks at the designs engraved on the hilt "As always kill only when absolutely necessary remember this" he says this montra to himself and closes his eyes.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-08-28 at 09:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

"aaaw, I thought it was quite soothing", Zal'rek responds in a disappointed tone. He cuts the music off the comm but keeps it playing over Greyna's main speakers.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Jayel erupted into action the moment they head Drake's voice again. He cursed softly under his breath, since he could not do anything with his powers (after all, setting a whole ship on fire was something he'd probably learn in twenty years if he was lucky).

However, he sat up and got himself connected to a battle station, meaning that now he had almost instant control over one of the Grenya's ion cannons, which were the supporting weapons just in case the energy blades started to fail. While he was aiming at the weaker parts of the larger ship, and shooting, he also listened to the conversation on the comm system, at first Hayden, then the stranger, then Zal'rek, and then the annoyingly grating music.

"Will you cut that out?" he said, routing the message to Zal'rek at first.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Zal'rek redirects the music to just the bridge now. He then looks around the room. "Anyone else?" he asks after taking the music away from the rest of the ship. "Oh and did anyone else have a better plan before we commit to this one?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Drake shrugged. "Nope. Let's toss him."
    The hum of the tractors buzzed through the deck and the ship lurched as they took hold of the other ship.
    "Zal'rek, open up a comm line to the pirates."
    Zal'rek gave him a confused look but complied. "Line open. Transmitting now."
    "Hello, captain. I'd just like to inform you that you've messed with the wrong guys. You're talking to the best of the best here."
    "Do you really think you're being intimidating?"
    "Nope. I'm just amusing myself. We'll talk more a little later."
    He let the pirate puzzle that over for a moment as the other ship careened into his.
    "That's a hit," Zal'rek announced in an exultant tone.
    "Status of the pirate?"
    "We nicked one of his spires, but it won't be critical. Looks like we impaled his power converters. He's lost main, and working on batteries, he can't do anything to us. We might be able to fix the damage and take his ship."
    "Can he self-destruct?"
    "No."
    Drake grinned. "Let's go kill us some scum."

John Loosen stared at the damage board. This was bad. He had spotted about a dozen separate failures before the readout itself sparked and exploded. That patrol ship was going to be boarding soon, and he had minimal sensors, no automatic defenses, and was unable to jump away. Oh, it was repairable, but not quickly enough.
    The ship jumped three feet to the left under him and the telltale tearing sound of a forced airlock connection assaulted his ears. He swore and pulled his gun out of its holster.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey felt his ship lurch it was a weird feeling, knowing your about to be slammed head long into another ship, but he started this so if anything bad happened he only had himself to blame. He felt him self flying forward when he turned on the screen to get a visual where he was going to hit. "Oh hell" he said aloud as his ship spiked right into the power converters sending out bolts of electricity, the shielding was still some what operational and he received a minimal shock the distinct sound of air rushing by him was surprising he shouldn't have been able to hear anything, he looked around and found a tear in his hull. "Oh, well this is bad." he said in a relaxed tone. He quickly put his space jumpsuit over himself and prepared for the worse. A few moments later the minor hole in the ship started expanding and soon it was a large hole pulling at him. The belts on his seat would hold him in place he thought. The seat started to rumble and shaking violently, he unstrapped himself and jumped through the hole he was on the outside of both ships but if he could grab a hold of something he would be able to get inside of the pirates ship, but then what surely they had sealed off the area.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Jayel got out from his seat, once the information panel displayed that they were forcing an airlock connection. He was a little scared by it though, but did not let it show.

He stepped behind Zal'rek, and pulled out a fairly new utility energy dagger model, which he then switched on.

"Don't worry," he said to both of the men upon seeing their looks, "That's not my main weapon. Let me at the pirate and I'll show you what I can do."

He grinned.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

While accessing the comm Zal was able to find a port to the pirate's main computer through the link. When Drake finished his message the music that was playing on Greyna's bridge was now blaring on the pirate's vessel. Not over the comm, but from a file sent to the main computer that was now unable to be accessed. That specific drive would have to be actually destroyed to stop the music from playing now.

"Okay, I'm all set. So how do we get on the other ship?", Zal'rek says with an excited and determined look on his face.
    Last edited by smity; 2008-08-29 at 02:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

BlueKnightGuy

Upon hearing the music Hayden instinctively begins jamming to the music and when he heard that they were going to the pirate ship he was more than happy. "Finnally! The first good idea I've heard in a long time! I think we should pick him up as he switch..." Hayden mentions, pointing towards the view screen, showing Trey latching unto the pirate ship to avoid being blown out into space. I vote that I'm not the one to go out and get him! But I do vote that I get to be the first person through the door! I think i'll just use my blades this time..." Hayden says before he runs to put the guns back in his footlocker. Unless they decide to take the ship, then he straps them where his energy blades used to be on his lower back. As he pulls his blades out he rotates them backwards in his hands to re-aquaint with them. "It's been so long since I've used these in a fight, I cna't wait to decapitate some pirates with them!" Hayden says, a bit too excited. He seems to be hovering just above psychotic at this point with the thought of blood-shed.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Zal'rek holds on as Drake slams Greyna into Trey's ship, which is now halfway shoved through the hull of the pirate ship, and manages a successful air lock to it.

Drake looks around the room. "We need a way to transition out of the new guy's now trash heap and onto the pirate's vessel."

Zal'rek raised his hand, "oh! oh! pick me! The ship has c-4 charges aboard, but I can blow stuff up just as good if not better on my own." He gives a thumbs up at the end of this statement, and begins heading towards the airlock, but then turns around and looks towards Hayden. "You called it, you first." Zal'rek motions the way with his hands. He then looks to the rest of those on the bridge, "so who was gonna help the other guy?"

27. - Top - End - #57

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden moves swiftly down the length of Trey's ship and stops momentarily in front of the hull breach that is now leading into the cargo bay of the pirate vessel. He reaches out with his senses, focusing on organic movement and placement. He senses 4 of the 12 pirates closing fast on his position, but he was faster. He sprinted at his fastest pace to cut off one of the pirates. His dual energy swords held behind him. He turns to corners at blinding speeds, he turns a corner leading into the vessel's CQ. He senses that a pirate is around the corner just before he turns it, swinging his left blade to slice the pirate's right arm almost completely off. Using his momentum to place a swift, but extremely powerful, kick with his right heel to the pirate's skull, caving it in. Hayden then senses a 5th pirate standing down the corridor he had just come from, and charges after him, catching the pirate offguard. He runs up to him from behind and places his blades behind to the pirates spine, forming and X with his blades. He seperates the two, decapitating the pirate instantly. Hayden then moves to rejoin the others.
    Last edited by DeathKnight; 2008-08-31 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Drake stepped into the enemy ship and looked around. Well, the decor was terrible, but it would do, and if they could capture it, restore the electron drive, and make the jump, it would take only two jumps, and they would take only a few hours to charge.
    Good.
    He drew out his scimitar and waited, leaning against a bulkhead. A pirate rounded the corner and Drake put him down with six successive blasts of energy, then leapt into action. Two more came around the corner, swinging energy blades at him. Drake blocked one sent a magical push at the other, tossing him back a few feet. He swung his blade and slashed the pirate's arm, a good, solid hit, cutting through the man's armor like it was cheese. His blade came up and slashed the pirate's skull in half.
    "Now where's your captain?" Drake snapped as he turned to the other pirate.
    The man shook his head. "I'm not telling you."
    "Then you die. Boys? Kill him while I look for the captain, will you? And if you find the captain first, capture him. We need him alive."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Nobody is very helpful, Zal'rek thought to himself while on the side of the ship trying to reach Trey. He was connected to a automated safety line, and had another for Trey when he got to him. An oxygen mask covered his mouth, and the tank on his back. He was chanting aloud, but no noise came out....ya know, space. His activated spell allowed him to keep his body pulled together in the vacuum of space for at least a little while, but that was it. He had to act fast. He scrambled up the side of the ship and quickly met up with Trey handing him the line. He then pushed off the side of the ship and let the line pull him safely back to Greyna. Zal'rek then waited to make sure Trey was ok before heading toward the pirate ship.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey was grateful for the help from this person, he followed suit and kicked off the hull of the ship and was pulled back to greyna, once inside of the airlock he bowed to his rescuer. "I would rather shake your hand but I'm afraid the gesture is somewhat lost to me." trey said in a friendly joking way.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-08-31 at 10:08 PM.