New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Blades

1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Blades

"It's no problem", Zal'rek responds while laughing at the man's joke as he notices why he said such a thing. "We better hurry. I hope they left us something."

Zal'rek leads the way to the pirate ship and Trey follows closely behind.

"My name is Zal'rek by the way. It's nice to meet you." Zal'rek readies his rifle making sure it was ready to fire. He kept it loaded, but wanted to make sure. His pigment changes began to quicken in between transitions of his environment. He began two spell incantations as well. One boosted his pigment changing abilities to make him near invisible. The other stimulated his reflexes and senses. Both were to be near full power by the time they reached the pirate ship.

Something about this guy's presence allowed him to be trusted. Zal'rek didn't feel the same danger he felt from some of the others. Not to say there wasn't one present.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Then you die. Boys? Kill him while I look for the captain, will you? And if you find the captain first, capture him. We need him alive."

A diabolical smile came across Hayden's face at this command. He swiftly walked over to the Pirate and began 'interrogating' him. This involved brutal kicks and punches, and the occasional dismemberment or a limb. After a while hayden realized that pirate was incapible of speaking due to the pain"Damnit! Every god-damned time! Oh well, may as well go look for another pirate." Hayden instantly went to go cover Drake as they navigated through the ship. Hayden reached out with his powers, focousing on finding the captain, he was not too far ahead of them now, just down the hall about 50ft straight forward, but of course, there was a door in the way. Hayden stopped Drake, "I think I should go first, there are quite a few pirates there and I'm better equipped to handle them than yourself. Besides, I enjoy this stuff more, waaaayyy more." Hayden offers, a malicious grin appearing on his face then vanishing as quickly as it came.

(If Hayden is going first, he extends his wrist blades and then he makes an illusionary clone of himself to draw the attention of the pirates, at which point he comes in and kills as many as he can in a single combination. Probably 4 or so)
    Last edited by DeathKnight; 2008-08-31 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Zal'rek, intersting name but the craali always are." Trey bowed "Forgive me I speak to forwardly, My name is Trey, I get the feeling you already knew that though. There now we are formally introduced." as Trey enters into the pirates ship behind Zal'rek he notices the bodies around him. "Well, it would seem peaceful negotiations are out of the question, I fear we are late to the ball." Trey thinks to himself such a loss of life was this really necessary, is there something I could have done to prevent this, now is not the time to dwell on it.
    If I have some trouble standing up, it's only because you rocked my world~me

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Jayel watched the events, but did not do anything at first. He did not even say anything much when Hayden went crazy on one of the pirates. However, as Hayden followed Drake, Jayel himself decided to take one of the alternate routes to look for the captain.

He was attacked by two pirates, who laughed at him for not having a weapon. Jayel only smiled at them, as he roasted them in their suits.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey looks around for signs that point out directions he find a computer terminal and accesses it. "Well, it would seem the med-bay isn't to far from here I think I'll go check that out then." Trey announced amiably. Trey began to walk down the passage way that would lead him to the medical department on the ship. "This has been quite interesting so far." Trey spoke softly to himself in the empty hallway in echoed in the silence, he continued walking and he began to round the corner, a energy saber came humming through the air, Trey drew his saber in just enough time to parry the blow, his attacker was a pirate, a rather large fellow, he pushed Trey against the wall. "I'm so glad to make your acquaintance." Trey spat out. The pirate eased off a bit surprised by this he started to say something but Trey slipped away from his blade and was now facing the pirate with his rapier in the standard offensive position held at arms length tip facing the opponent pointed up body turned sideways the pirate flipped his swords in his hands and ran it against the wall making sparks and laughing as he did. "So I'm guessing you wouldn't rather talk this out?" Trey teased the only response that was given has a snort. Trey decided to take the offensive making a quick step forward dropping to one knee and slicing upwards with a swift blow he landed a solid hit to the pirates left shoulder. The pirate roared in pain and fell back against the wall keeping his sword held towards Trey, opponents are always dangerous never underestimate them Trey recited the lessons in his mind. The pirate charged him swinging his saber rapidly it was all Trey could do to parry these attacks, he was losing ground and would be against the wall soon he must do something quick. Trey concentrated all he could and called upon his magic to enhance his physical abilities he parried the pirates attack knocking him off balance, Trey vaulted over him hanging upside down above the pirate time seemed to slow he saw exactly where to strike he twisted and came down with a swift kick to the back of the pirates neck the pirate eyes rolled in his head and he fell on his face, he was out cold.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Drake nodded. "Go, Hayden." He stepped back and started drawing on the magic. Best to have a little ready. He chanted a little mantra over and over in his head. I am the death of a thousand, the life of one. I am the destroyer of many, the protector of one. I am ultimately for myself, and my magic is of me, from me, and for me.
    The door burst open and Hayden went in. Two of him wnet in, in fact. A copy had sprouted from him at some point. A nice little illusion.
    Drake started tossing little balls of fire into the bridge.
    But I am the very model of a modern major general!
    Multiple expressions of gratitude to Elrond for the avatar.

I'd run for Apathetic in the Playground, but it sounds like a lot of effort.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Zal'rek followed closely behind Trey. After seeing Trey handle the ambush Zal decided he needed to scout ahead.

"Hold up Trey. I'll scout up the next hall. I'll need a moment though to conjure a full cloak spell."

Zal'rek begins very dramatic movements in almost a dance or ritual. His chants are heard aloud, and then transfer to whispers in the mind. The direction is unknown. Zal'rek begins to disappear until he is completely gone.

He runs down the hall. Nothing.

Zal'rek's runs ahead. First hall is clear. He runs down further. A large door with a small window is in the center of the hall to the right. Zal'rek peers inside. He finds many long crates stacked along the walls. A second floor made out of steel grating runs around the walls of the room and opens in the center with stairs up to it at the far left corner. Zal'rek counts three guards, but there might be more above his view. One of the guards seems to have one of the boxes open. That's when he notices the radiation hazard label on the top lid. nukes!

Zal'rek runs back to Trey.

Zal'rek's voice emerges from the air.

"Ok, I have 3 confirmed targets, and several nukes. One of the guards might possibly be arming one of these. We need to act fast. You need to storm in first so that the two others will charge you at once. I'll take one out before he reaches you. We need to keep the one that might be arming the nuke alive in the case we need to disarm it." Zal'rek

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey finished cuffing the pirate and picks up his saber. "This could be useful" he put his rapier into its sheath and holds the saber, a voice hits Treys ear. "Well, that's not good, okay then I'll storm in you cover, got it." Trey rushes down the hall saber in hand he kicks open the large door sights the first three pirates, one standing by a crate looks up and furiously begins tapping out something, the other two begin to charge Trey. "Fellas, can't we handle this like gentle men?" Trey says in a lighthearted tone. The pirates give no response and keep running at Trey. "Here your friend lost this!" Trey shouts as he throws the saber forward catching one of the pirates off guard, he barely manages to parry it but it knocks him off balance, the other pirate turns his head to follow the blade but keeps running forward this was a golden opportunity Trey pulls out his rapier and runs full speed at him jumps into the air rotating his body a full 360 degrees he delivers a back heel kick to the pirates hand, the man had managed to block such a well placed attack. Trey fell onto the ground on his stomach.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-02 at 01:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Zal'rek follows Trey, but stays to the back of the room. He sets up behind two crates stacked on top of one another. He pops up from behind the boxes, and rests rifle taking aim. He sees Trey down on the ground and takes the opportunity as the pirate turns to face him. Zal'rek squeezes the trigger. The corpse of the pirate hits the floor; a hole now in the back of his head. The bullet hits the wall next to the last enemy. He is caught off guard, ducking and looking toward the wall as it hits.

10. - Top - End - #70

BlueKnightGuy

'Hayden' rushes into the bridge, not swinging 'his' blades but dodging every attack thrown at 'him' at least 3 of the pirates are trying to hit him, he is surrounded but thanks to the real Hayden's view point he can anticipate the pirates' movements and actions due to his incredible eyesight, he can see every muscle movement the pirates make 0.01 seconds before it goes into action, which may not sound like much but when a blade is coming at your neck with fatal intent it seems like an eternity. As the pirates begin to become frustrated Drake and the real Hayden begin their assault. Hayden busts into the room, all 4 of his blades active, he is holding the sword in his left hand bladedown as to maximaize his group-fighting abilities.

He charges the pirates how now realize that they have been fooled as the image dissapears. Hayden is running at his fastest speed yet, his legs go from visible and predicatble, to a blur, to moving too fast for any organic creeature to focus on. He begins to adapt his speed to his arms and wrists as well, he leaps above the pirates, kicks off the far wall, and plunges head-long into the midst of the three pirates. He begins to twist his body violently, he focuses on the pirates' necks to avoid becoming dazed. His body seems to become pure energy, the result of his blades' light. His right handed sword connects with the closest Pirate's saber, sending it flying across the room and into the far wall of the bridge. His second blade connects with thepirate's neck, seperateing his head from body instantly. His right wrist blade cuts the 2nd pirate's right arm clean off while his left wrist blade slices at the pirate's throat. He lands on the bridge floor, only long enough to gain his footing so that he may drive all both of his wrist blades into the 3rd pirate, an agonizing death to say the least. Hayden wastes no time to recover himself to prepare to fight the Captain and his bodyguard.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Drake was already there. He slashed at the bodyguard and brought the man down with a rapid-fire barrage of magical attacks, then turned to the captain.
    "I would suggest you surrender. I'd rather not have to rip the information I want from your mind, but I have the resources to do it if I must."
    The captain spat on the deck in front of him.
    Drake punched him across the jaw.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey rolls onto his back and jumps to his feet, he looks around and see the other pirate jump behind some crates the one taping at the box is looking around franticly Trey runs towards the crate kicks off of the crate and comes down on the pirate in a downward thrust the pirate moves his blade to parry the attack but Trey angles it so that he will come down on the pirate wrist cutting off his hand Trey then kicks the man hard in the gut and he falls to the ground and bangs his head hard on a crate. "I wouldn't want to be him thats going to be a very unpleasant morning." Trey laughs as he walks up to the man at the crate. "Well we have dispatched your friends here, you wouldn't want to be next would you?" Trey says in a sneering tone the pirate looks around, sits down and raises his arms "I give up, but that bomb, its already armed, you failed." as the last words come from the pirates mouth he smiles.

13. - Top - End - #73

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden watched the fight between the Pirate Captain and Drake duke it out with some amusement, but he was of course ready to back Drake up should the fight turn the wrong way. He felt out to see if he could find Zal'rek and the new new guy. He sensed them standing around another more unfamiliar figure, probably a pirate prisoner. He couldn't tell what was going on there but he had a very bad feeling about the whole thing. Hayden re-focused back to the fight between Drake and the Captain. The captain was coughing up blood, That's good, beat him bloody already and get the info we need so I can lop his head off or something... I feel like 'interrogating' someone today... Hayden shouted over to Drake, Hey, Drake, if it speeds things up a little bit, I could cut the information we need out of him. Although, that would make a bit of a mess wouldn't it... oh well, no plan is perfect. Hayden says in a very serious tone of voice.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

(And I thought it had died.

Oh me of little faith.)

Drake shook his head. "No. I'll just rip it out."
    "You'll rip it out?" Hayden said. "How?"
    Drake grinned. "Magic. Hold him still. I used to do this for kicks to a guy back on Proxima, where I was born. Got pretty good at it before I tapped the wrong part of his brain and found out he was playing the same kinda head games with someone else." Drake smiled fondly. "First guy I ever put into a coma. Can't really say I loved him, he was a bit of a copulatory organ in all the wrong ways."
    Hayden looked uncomfortable at this little revelation, but held the captain anyways.
    "Force him to the deck, he's gonna fall down anyways," Drake said.
    Hayden forced the captain to the deck.
    Drake tapped the captain's forehead with one finger, leaned in real close to him, and said, "You're lucky. You get to be the fifty-second man I put into a coma. I'm afraid I'm taking everything you know, so It's not something you'll wake up from. I learned only two things: the gentle perusal of the mind, and tearing it to shreds. It's not my area of expertise, I'm afraid."
    The captain groaned. "I'll tell you what you want to know, just please don't do it."
    Drake shook his head. "How do I know you're not lying?"
    "Because I'm smart enough to know that if I lie, you'll tear my mind apart."
    Drake grinned and tousled the captain's hair. "Good boy. See what the right kind of fear can accomplish, Hayden?" He turned to the captain. "Give me full control of your ship. Tell me the command codes.
    The pirate sighed. "The access is alpha-five-one-fve, kappa six, zero-one-three. My personal code is theta-seven-seven."
    Drake walked over to the console and tapped in the command codes, then nodded to the captain.
    "Make the transfer."
    The captain sighed. "Thanopstru, alter command to... What's your name?"
    "Captain Drake Zure."
    The pirate nodded. "To captain Drake Zure, voiceprint to follow. Speak your name," he prompted.
    Drake nodded. "Drake Zure, providing voiceprint now."
    A breathy female voice sounded across the bridge. "Command transfer accepted."
    Drake grinned.
    "Oh, captain?"
    The captain scowled at him. "What?"
    "I can't do all those things. I'm terrible at mental magic, but I'm a very good liar. It helps me to get people to come home with me even when my armor and my home are all I have. Hayden? Kill him. Make it slow. I want him to wish he hadn't transferred command."

(Yes, the ship is called Thanopstru. Cookie for the reference.)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

A large creeeeeking noise sounds through the room followed by a fwoosshhhh bam kind of sound.

Zal'rek looks towards the noise laughing loudly, "woops!"

The bullet had continued through the ships hull and the vacuum of space was now taking the room apart. Sirens wailed and the room was skeduled for seal off in 30 sec. The bomb is now jettisoned into space. A crate comes from behind Zal and pushes him out as well. Zal is thrown into the cold vacuum of space; laughing till he can't any more.
    Last edited by smity; 2008-09-06 at 01:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey was looking at the bomb when he heard Zal'rek say whoops, he looked in the direction Zal'rek was quickly exhaled all the air in his lungs and grabbed his cable launcher shooting it towards the far wall next to the door it found rest bored into the wall, an alarm began to blare and in the next moment the wall was gone, the bomb and Zal'rek the strange thing was the fellow was laughing
    or a least he thought he was laughing the sound of air rushing by was all that could be heard. Trey felt a great amount of sorrow seeing the death of his new friend he wondered how he could accept death so easily. Trey begins to pull himself up the cable against the force of the vacuum an odd spectacle to be sure, finally making it to the door he opens it and gets to the wall, a few moments later and the area was sealed off. Trey sat on the floor exhausted a million thoughts washing through his mind, he had to carry on, but the death of so many today had effected him, where do you find strength in a time like this he thought to himself. Trey stood up and dusted him self off, there was a bright light shining through one of the nearby view screens. He closed his eyes and put his hand on the window all fingers spread out,"The Journey is begining, so go, my friend." Trey looked back and forth and began to walk back towards the area where he entered on the way he picked up the pirate and carried him back to the place proped him up against the wall, and continued on to the bridge. Arriving at the bridge he heres a man give the order for the death of another, he rushes into the room. "Stop, please, no more killing today, this man is defeated, there no reason to kill him." Trey looks from the pirate to the man in blue armor, to the one covered in blood.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

(Smity, did you seriously just kill off your character for no other reason than "because I can"?)

Drake shook his head. "Hayden, our friend has seen some terrible things. Make it quick, instead, but he must die." He turned to Trey. "That man is a threat. All of the pirates are a threat. They must all die."

18. - Top - End - #78

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden looks up at Trey and shakes his head, You don't know me so I'm going to clear something up for you. I enjoy killing and fighting, it has been my life and will continue to be my life until the day I am to die. But enough about me, wasn't Zal'rek with you? Hayden then remembers his powers and searches for the crazed Craali. Trey begins to speak but Hayden cuts him off. Nevermind, I already know... I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen here, let's just be thankful it wasn't one of us. Hayden says as he turns his attention back to the pirate captian. Don't think I had forgotten about you, your time will come soon enough... Hayden places the heel of his boot on the man's chest and crosses his swords over his neck. Consider yourself lucky it's going to be swift Hayden says painfully as he sperates the blades again, effectively decapitating the Pirate. Well, now that that's out of the way, can we go and get this damned mission over with?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It was one of us, you fool." Trey spits "You are worse then these, pirates ever could dream of being, seeing as its you you'll take that as a complement, but I assure you my intent negative." Trey looks at the pirate on the ground "So was he."

20. - Top - End - #80

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden looks at Trey with nothing but admiration in his eyes, no one had ever spoken to him in that manner before. Listen, I respect you for what you say. But if your too weak to kill those who were about to kill you than maybe we should leave you here seeing as how you probably won't be able to defend yourself against whatever it is we are going to investigate. But it's not my decision, it's his. Hayden says as he nods over to Drake. And one more thing, I do not take as much pride in what I do as you might think. This has been my life since before I knew about all that morality crap that people keep feeding me. I kill for survival not for fun. But this enjoyment is the only way I can keep living as who I am. Hayden spits out the last bit as he begins to drag the bodies to the airlock.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey watches as Hayden picks the bodies up, he speaks softly now, "In my experience one must be stronger to let ones foe live rather then to kill, I don't know what mission you speak of perhaps you would like to enlighten me. Also, I may have spoken to harshly before I don't know what you have seen in your life, I only know what I have seen in mine, I see the death of others as a last resort, if there is someway to avoid it I will." Trey sighs as he says this. "I am tired, the greed I see in people makes me weary, I need time to think on what has happened today, it has been quite" he says the next word slowly "explosive."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Drake sighed. "We might need him here, and we can't exactly put him out an airlock."
    Trey rolled his eyes. "Your thug could probably stomach it."
    Hayden started to turn to either say something or do something to Trey, but Drake's scimitar was in his way immediately.
    "Let it go. Trey, you were part of the crew of that ship. Between the Grenya, that thing, and Thanopstru here, we can probably get this ship working again, and then we make the longest single jump anybody has ever made."
    Trey stared. "You're investigating the blips I keep hearing about, aren't you?"
    Drake nodded. "Yes, we are. And we hope to get there quickly."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well then I suppose we should get to work, I may not agree with the way things are run around here, but at the moment I seem to be at odds ends, This ships has sustained quite a bit of damage, we might be able to repair the electron drive using parts from Greyna." Trey begins to walk off, he reaches the door puts his arm on the frame and looks over his shoulder "You know, this is a pirate ship, I'm sure it has sustained damage in the past, I bet the captain would have known how to repair it." he continues out the door to the point of entry and begins inspecting the damage.

24. - Top - End - #84

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden watches Trey walk down the hall and turn the corner. He shakes his head and walks around looking for the airlocks or another method to dispose of the bodies. He begins to talk to himself as he does when he is deep in thought Who the hell does he think he is? Telling me what I should think right and wrong is. I know what's right for me, and it's worked well enough so far. Hayden finds what seems to be the airlock and places the bodies into the chamber, steps outside, and activates the airlocks manually so that the other side of the chamber opens before the air is sucked outside, launching the corpses into the cold blackness of space. Hayden looks through the port to the outside. He says under his breath, If you see Zal'rek, tell him he was one messed up Craali, and that this is going to be a boring trip with out him. Hayden begins to wander about the halls looking for his new quarters.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

"Hayden?"
    He turned and tossed off a jaunty, sarcastic salute. "Whaddaya want, cap'n Drake, sir?"
    Drake rolled his eyes. "We gotta fix this beast, and that requires taking apart at least one ship to add new parts. We got work to do."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trey walks up to the man in blue. "I don't believe we were ever formally introduced I am Trey Ellington" Trey bows as he says this "Sorry to have to meat you under such circumstances......." Trey hesitates, and the man in blue speaks "Drake" Trey speaks again "Well, Drake I hope you know more about ships then I do, it's a bloody mess back there, quite literally."

27. - Top - End - #87

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden looks more seriously at Drake now, I hope you realize that that will be the last time I ever call you sir. But anyway, just tell me what you need and I'll run back and get it before you know I left. He looks over to Trey. Well, Trey I hope that you can learn to get over the fact that I probably will not enjoy your company. But anyway, My name's Hayden Aatal, and that's all you need to know. Hayden takes off his hood and shakes his hair around, and for the first time Trey can clearly see his face. Hayden has eyes that are black like space itself, and hair that has the appearence of being blood-soaked.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Drake sighed. "We'll need the extra converters for sure. The power manifolds are probably shot, and we need some hull plating. A couple of generators for armor would be good to get, as well."

(By the way: new post in the OOC thread.)
    Last edited by Unique; 2008-09-09 at 12:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

BlueKnightGuy

Hayden nods his head and runs over to do a quick inventory check on both the ships. he returns to share his findings. Well, good news and bad news. Greyna is fine, we can scrap it and upgrade this one with everything we had. Bad news? Trey's ship is absolute and utter trash at this point. we're lucky it was in good enough condition to use as a bridging point between the ships.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Drake, I would suggest you check the manifest and find out what these men were shipping, they might also have some useful cargo aboard." Trey says in a mild tone. "I think, I'm going to find the pantry, remember, no matter what the mission, always take the time to taste the sweets." Trey grins as he says these last words and begins walking down a hallway, he thinks to himself I wonder if these pirates were slavers, no telling what these two would do if any where aboard. Well the manifest will show if anything odd was being shipped, illegal substances most likely were on board, bombs, firearms hell who knows might even be some stolen manufacturing robots pirates are not known to be to picky. What luck it would be if there was some robots on here, oh well can't work on an empty stomach.
    Last edited by James Orion; 2008-09-11 at 01:40 AM.