Thread: Graphic Art

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Graphic Art

There seem to be a heck of a lot of people here who use Adobe Illustrator. I'm wondering how many, if any, of you actually use AI or a similar program professionally for graphic art. I'm interesting in graphic art but have yet to get AI.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Graphic Art

I have AI... Still failing in it's use... But it's there...
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

AI 8.0.1 User, reporting for duty! Still sucky, but learning. :)
    If you have made an avatar for me, do not worry. I have them saved. Your work was not wasted. The reason I am not showing them right now may be because I feel they should be shown off at a better point in time.&&&&Orange Zergling doll by Sneak.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Professionally? As in Logos and Product Design?

I use Corel Draw (same basic thing as AI) to design patterns for glass etching. I don't have any on this computer, so I can't put any images right now. I'll try to put some up later, but I'm not promising anything.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, that kind of "professionally". It'd be awesome if you would put some images up. ^_^

I had a trial for Corel a few months ago but it looked really confusing. :P
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Corel is pretty confusing, but it helped that I didn't come over from another program.

Here's something quick I did using some clipart.

This is the original photo, and since it's monocromatic, it could be used for photo-resist. Now to put it on vinyl resist, I had to change it slightly

The latter is what I normally use, and I proabably would in this case to give it an etched 3D effect.

If this was an actual project I'd show the finished products, but I just whipped up a quick example in a couple seconds.