New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Personal OOTS Avatars

If you've made your own personal OOTS avatar, post it here (if you don't have it currently "equipped", or just post saying that your current one is your personal one. :)

I just made mine a few minutes ago.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: Personal OOTS Avatars

I made mine a Penguin. He kinda stretches out on some monitors on this forum. Kinda weird.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

This is mine.

I also made avatars for TheChris and Calyn.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Nice job, guys!

Mine's supposed to have a battleaxe strapped to his back, but I'm not sure I did it right. :-/

Plus, his arms just dangling out there looks a lil dumb. :P

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

As I've said in other threads, my eldest daughter made this one for me. I don't call her "my in-house artist" jokingly - she's the most artistically talented of anyone in my house. That's why I didn't make the avatar myself. :-)
    The member of the Australian Society for the Encouragement and Propagation of Beards. - Custom avatar by Moonsinger. Technical assistance by Quasimodo.

6. - Top - End - #6

I really like yours, chaotic wun...

I think I need to get a better program - like photoshop or illustrator, I made mine in paint and no matter what I do, I can't get it to look right. The lines are always jagged and sort of blurred. Of course, I should probably re-do my own, as TheChris's and Calyn's are much better than mine. Gotten better with practice, I guess. =)

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes, I highly recommend Photoshop. Your can do most anything with it (graphically, that is). :D

8. - Top - End - #8
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

MS Paint can't do anti-aliasing, which is how the lines on my ones look so smooth. Although, if you look closely, the normal avatars have white jaggies surrounding them from the AAing. You just can't see them on these light backgrounds.

I am planning on putting up a fanart page soon; anyone who posts their avatar here can have it included if they want.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think your avatar looks good, Chaotic Wun. I assumed it was made by the Giant - you can't get better praise than that ;)

My only criticism is that I think the axehead would be carried at the top, i.e. the axe would be carried the other way up.
    Real Life? - so what is that then?

10. - Top - End - #10

A much cheaper alternative to Photoshop is Paint Shop Pro (by Jasc Software, $74 download price) which incorporates the vector features of illustrator with the raster features of photoshop (only Photoshop is that much more powerful, but what is lacking in PSP won't really bother you with these types of images).

There's a 3rd even cheaper solution, GIMP for Windows, however, this is a windows port of a linux application. As such, the computer geek factor of trying to use it is pretty high. But it does a great job at giving you many many of the tools available to Photoshop users. And the GIMP is open source, so it's free to use in non-commercial environment.

I've been using PSP for years and the GIMP for months, and while Rich scoffs at everything non-adobe, I stand firmly and say "For your money, they're excellent solutions".

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

I tried in MSPaint. It did not turn out reall good. So I just made a parody of Kill Bill out of what had began as my attempt at a Personal avatar.'

I am gonna go have to mess around with my friend's Photoshop sometime.

Chatoic, yours looks awesome.
    http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=19894 <---Dima(Royal Service)&&Sullivan Wrynn&&

12. - Top - End - #12

The least artistically inclined person in the world (ie. me) is going to attempt to play with her friend's copy of photoshop now... how do you get it to outline the circles?
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for the compliments, people. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk4
    My only criticism is that I think the axehead would be carried at the top, i.e. the axe would be carried the other way up.
    Yeah, I wondered about that, but I ended up putting it on blade-down, because I figured he would reach back and pull it out by the handle; not by the blade, although, considering the weight that would be in the blade, the damn thing would clatter to the ground every time he took a step. ;)

EDIT: Note to those who care; fixed it.

14. - Top - End - #14

In the spirit of selling non Photoshop options to people, I made this with the GIMP. I'd prefer to have taken more time with the proportions, but I still think she's pretty cute.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Turned out pretty good.
    http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=19894 <---Dima(Royal Service)&&Sullivan Wrynn&&

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

That looks much better Chaotic Wun. Now you can see both of them, the arms look right too.

How I wish I was artistic >:(
    Real Life? - so what is that then?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

It's Songstress!Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2! *points*

Also, I present the TM fairy (tm):

ph33r.

And, dude. I use PSP8. Jasc > Every other gfx company. Even Adobe. Who suck, incidentally. [/fangirl]
    Vaarsuvius\' only fangirl.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

I used to think that too... Until I saw what a huge range of filters were avaliable with Photoshop 7, while with PSP 7, there are really no filters at all.

I use Photoshop 7.

Anyway, that's a nice job with the fairy, as well as RawBearNYC's character. The only suggestion I have for Raw is the smile; it looks too precise and wide to be an OOTS smile.

19. - Top - End - #19

Anyway, that's a nice job with the fairy, as well as RawBearNYC's character. The only suggestion I have for Raw is the smile; it looks too precise and wide to be an OOTS smile.
    Well, technically, you don't know how wide the smile is, you're assuming that it's symmetrical, maybe she's had a stroke and that's why her hair covers half of her face :P

But realistically, there are several things that should be fixed in that, but I was going for speed more than accuracy, since I'm not actually making an avatar, just an educational experiment.

20. - Top - End - #20

Geocities makes puppies cry. :'(
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fan Art Page Eh? This looks like a job for anime style Roy.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic_Wun
    I used to think that too... Until I saw what a huge range of filters were avaliable with Photoshop 7, while with PSP 7, there are really no filters at all.
    That's because PSP7 sucks. Use PSP8!

Plus, a lot of PS filters can be used with PSP. I'm not entirely sure how, and there is techno-jiggery-pokery required.
    Vaarsuvius\' only fangirl.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't like the techno-jiggery-pokery stuff much.

I must say I haven't tried PSP 8 much... I've been too hooked on PS 7, but if you ask me, they're about the same.

24. - Top - End - #24

Looky I made this! And guess what movie I just got back from seeing.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Made with MS Paint. Hey, it's all I got!
    Now if you don\'t mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

26. - Top - End - #26

Here are the other two avatars that I have designed for this board.

Calyn's and TheChris's

Both were done in paint, which is the only program I have right now. Although I plan to get photoshop soon and then will probably redo at least my own avatar.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Giant:
    "MS Paint can't do anti-aliasing"

True, but you can smooth the lines manually. I've been doing that to OOTS figs for my tabletop sessions. I can't post them to show it (no modified avatar rule), but it looks better than jaggy MSPaint lines and isn't that difficult - just tedious.

If I had webspace I'd probably make a personal avatar for the boards.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martinl
    If I had webspace I'd probably make a personal avatar for the boards.
    There's always a photobucket.com account....
    Now if you don\'t mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground

I have no drawing talents at all (though some minor skills) and my only program is MS Paint, since I never figured out how PSPx works (and nobody will instruct me, I don't care). Hence I do a lot of pixel stuff with it, and frankly, even though I'm saying, I think I can pretty good "anti-aliasing" with that crap-of-a-program.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, in honor of my Screen Name PrC, I finally got off my butt and made an avatar.

<----

Made with Illustrator, of course.