New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Basic Design

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Basic Design

I have just became a recent OoTS addict and have made a few attempts at making the avatars, with little success.

Was wondering if anyone would consider doing what I call 'blanks'. I seem to be unable to get the dimensions correct.

Question: How do you do OoTS style avatars with pants or even long sleeve shirt? I mean I can see the capes, or the dresses in the comic but when I do pants or long sleeved shirts they look all wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Omen
    Omen Darkwoods Best Free RPG System Ever!! <--- TAKE A LEAP AND CLICK!! Portfolio

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Basic Design

Pants are just a box at the bottom of the body. The 'pant legs' are the actual legs (black lines).
    If you have made an avatar for me, do not worry. I have them saved. Your work was not wasted. The reason I am not showing them right now may be because I feel they should be shown off at a better point in time.&&&&Orange Zergling doll by Sneak.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

While experimenting I came to that conclusion. I have been thickening the lines some from the 'standard' thickness I use for arms and legs... Which will probably be normal size, if I could ever figure out the head to body to leg and arm ratio right.

Thanks for the reply, it is greatly appreciated.
    Omen Darkwoods Best Free RPG System Ever!! <--- TAKE A LEAP AND CLICK!! Portfolio

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

My first attempt at an animated avatar...

What do you think? I know there is some jumping but I think it is from the BG color when I brought it into the image resizer :-/

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

LOL! If you only watch one cycle its not very good, but if you watch a string of 3+... its funny. :)
    If you have made an avatar for me, do not worry. I have them saved. Your work was not wasted. The reason I am not showing them right now may be because I feel they should be shown off at a better point in time.&&&&Orange Zergling doll by Sneak.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

That.. is awesome! Great job. :)

I actually draw the pants on instead of.. well how ever else it's done. I don't have Illustrator working right now so I can't help much.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks. I am so enjoying making avatars that I haven't MMORPHed in a week. It is nice to be on a forum with ppl, such as yourselves, that will give advice and help noobs such as me and not flame. Thanks.