Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Lords of Hell: New Fiends Rising

Anenlel
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that your proposal is well-meaning, but fundamentally flawed. It is impossible to discount Lady Liriel's refusal to agree, for we are only hurting ourselves while allowing her to run away with the situation.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Zargabaath
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is true, but I ask for your opinions on the theory nonetheless. Should all the others in the area agree with the idea, it would be a simple matter to force her to comply; she knows very well she cannot survive with every other archdevil as an enemy.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Anenlel, and only Anenlel
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is one thing to agree with a theory on an abstract, intellectual level. It is another thing to be willing to aggressively enforce it. If you wanted to rally everyone else behind the agreement and then use Lady Liriel's refusal as an excuse to eliminate her, I could see myself being agreeable to that, although it would have to truly be a group effort, as the Lady is strong.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dystor

Anenlel
    Spoiler
    Show

I can agree to the proposal, but only to the extent to which it suites my needs. Though I had planned on continuosly increasing my domain, the change in winds has forced me to reevaluate such a plan. To this end, my actions may reflect a compliance with any determined maximum domain size.

However, I cannot promise outright compliance, nor can I guaranty to be divisive. At best, I while pay heed to whatever decision to which you and the others may agree.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

The void hears your proposal lady Anenlel but it will keep its own counsel as to what is best for it. The void is hungry... so it consumes... as it consumes it grows so that there will be more to consume. This is it's nature. We are all children of the void...

Shardon has seen the futility of growing too large too fast. Let those that grow without limit and without forsight accept the consequences of their actions. As they grow in size their wards will be harder to maintain... their armies spread thin... it is natural for us to consume those weaker than we... let us follow our natures.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Colossus in the Playground

The Bringer of War

Lords of the Deep and Dark, hear me! On the morrow we will ride into battle, long, hard and bloody battle. And I don't know, I can not know who will be the victor. So you will decide it for me.

Grant me or the men an artifact of power, poison the foeman's food, even kill their commanders, I care not. Just ensure that we win. We must win.You may use whatever tactic you choose. In return, I will grant you this artefact of ancient power: a black opal, in which the soul of an archfiend is bound. Our mages dare not use it, but you may have it.

Spoiler
    Show

Difficulty: Special
    This task can be won in different ways, which also changes the reward:
    Magic: By creating an artefact or casting a spell of unparalelled power. This is a Wish DC 30.
    Combat: Slaying the commanders, by hacking through their bodyguards like a one man army. Not the easiest of tasks, to be sure. Combat Check DC 35.
    Assassination: Sneaking into the commanders tent, following by a few quick stabs and slashes... Trickery Check DC 28, followed by combat check DC 15.
    Only one of these ways may be tried.
    Reward: The Soul of an Archfiend, bound to a gem. It has two uses: it can either be stored, yielding five power per turn. The soul could also be released. This is a risky task, the bound archfiend may very well just slay whomever released him and take control. To release him safely, comparative corruption checks are rolled. The fiend has corruption 10. If the roll is won, 20 power is gained instantly. If twice the fiends corruption check is rolled, he may join your forces as a very special soul instead. If the roll is failed, the fiend is a combat 12, resistance 6 creature released in your domain.
    Corruption: Corrupting this general is a DC 10.

[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-09-19 at 04:24 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #367

"Dangnabit! You would think that after spending my entire life studying the runes on this door, I would be able to understand how to open it! Let alone what's behind it! I ask that someone help me to at least open it for me before I die! You can have whatever there is, as long as you get it open!"

Spoiler
    Show

Difficulty: Easy
    Wish DC: 5. A simple knock spell
    Reward: Secret
    Corruption: DC 5
    Evil Spread: none
    XP: 1, and 1 for corruption
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-09-19 at 04:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368

The Circle of Nine

"Nine? Ha! It should be one! These old cowards don't deserve the title Archmage! After I finish this summon, I will make them all beg for mercy before blasting them to hell, along with their stupid baubles and trinkets. Ha! Telling me Sorcerers can't be as strong as wizards who study for centuries and then can't even cast the simplest of spells without studying for an day, reading dusty old tomes and covering everything with chalk circles. I'll show them how REAL magic is done!
    ARCHFIEND! WITH MY WILL AND MY BLOOD I CALL YOU! THIS FEEBLE REALITY BOWS DOWN BEFORE ME! THE LAWS OF THE CREATOR ARE MY TOYS!"

Spoiler
    Show

Difficulty: Hard
    Wish DC: 25
    Reward: Free picks amonst the posessions of the former archmages. Either +25 points in any essence research, or 20 power points.
    Corruption DC: 15. He bows before no one.

9. - Top - End - #369

Hell does not have days, but some periods of time are different than others. Like this one.
    From one moment to the other, the howling winds died down all over this region of the underworld. In a point that had not been the plain's center until seconds before, but immediately became it due to morphic planar geometry, two pillars of pure white flame errupted, high enough to be seen everywhere, and bright enough to be seen through walls. When they died down after an instant, an arc of black stone and silver metal stood there, five times as high as a fully grown man.
    Thirteen figures surrounded it: Twelve of them were clad in armor as black as the night, fashioned from adamant, the hardest metal known to devil and man alike, with black, feathered wings on their bats and heavy spears and shields, each one of them twelve feet high, with a black cloak showing a simple symbol: a white flame.
    The thirteenth figure was much smaller, perhaps seven feet tall, dressed in a simple white robe, with marble-white skin and golden hair, falling down to it's hips. A smile adorned it's androgynous face, as it spoke, with a voice that, while apparently not loud, could still be heard in every room, just as if the messenger was standing half a step behind everyone, talking in a calm voice.
    "Hear the words of Lord Luzifer, Bringer of Light and Knowledge, Archduke of Hell, Paragon of Pride, the Fallen Morningstar and Master of Hellfire.
    The Lord Luzifer has decided to make the lords of this domain a gift, so that they may use it wisely: a portal to the deep Aether.
    This portal is a prototype that you will test by sending your servants through and discovering the most promising demiplanes for Hell to conquer.
    It will, under all circumstances, remain neutral. These twelve guardians will make sure that all Lords will always have acess to the portal. Attack them and feel the Wrath of the Fallen Star."

With a third flash of White Light the messenger vanishes, leaving behind twelve guardians and the huge arc.