New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Hell: New Fiends Rising

Soul Allocation:

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, I had forgotten Steif in the first calculation. Here's the new soul allocation table:
    82 souls, total domain size 20, 4 souls per size after rounding

Steif: Domain Size 2, 8 souls gained
    Liriel: Domain size 2, 8 souls gained
    Dystor: Domain size 3, 12 souls gained
    Zach: Domain size 1, 4 souls gained
    Anenlel: Domain size 3, 12 souls gained
    Levmordus: Domain size 2, 8 souls gained
    Kataek: Domain Size 3, 12 souls gained
    Erthency: Domain size 2, 8 souls gained
    Shardon: Domain size 2, 8 souls gained
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kataek

As Kataek perceived the arrivals of new souls, he smiled and went to welcome the newcomers with his imps. On a snap of a finger, they flew towards the souls and prodded, attacked and harassed them, gathering them like sheep into the clouds of his domain where their cries were muffled and silenced. Of course, there were two souls that arrived that were vastly different in Kataek's eyes.

"Ah, well if it's not our two thieves. Now now, I'm very busy, but you can come with me." And he points towards the soul of the one that had summoned him with the book. "I'll give you a new name. You shall be Malaak. Now come, there is much I want you to do around here, so let's not waste any time."

With those words, he brought Malaak in his spire and there begun the slow and difficult process of changing the soul and corrupting it to an imp. Indeed the process was done with great cries of anguish from the soul as the fabric was stretched to its limits. Once the work was done, Kataek took a break off the difficult task, thinking of ways this could be made easier before giving his orders to his imps.

"You. Wards. Again." He snaps his fingers and the little imp goes back to drawing runes and wards. "You eight, I want you to look into making a torture chamber. Oh, and look into the essence, experiment with the souls a bit. I want to see what we can possibly make out of it. Get to it."

And with that, the Archdevil returns to his throne, and, concentrating his might, he puts forth his power once more, the limits of his domain changing once more, morphing into something bigger, larger, a place where more souls would end in.

Patient, he then waits for the summoning calls, smiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Archdevil Actions:

1) Increase domain size. (-6 pp)
    2) Soul Promotions. 7 Souls turned into Imps. Includes two imp thieves. (-14 pp)

1 action left.

Imp actions:

1 Imp: Increase wards level. (-2 pp)
    8 Imps: Research Applications.

1 Imp left.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-08-24 at 09:17 AM.
    A Revenant

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Steif looked around his domain and the stream of souls that entered it and felt squashed, he also felt like he wasn't getting enough souls, as such he breathed in and started to expand his domain.

He then sent a message to Kataek.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Presuming you were interested in buying souls. How many much power would yuou be willing to spend?

Spoiler
    Show

2 actions: Expand domain. 10 points

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Steif /Gm
    Spoiler
    Show

a non-regression pact is perfectly suitable, perhapse a mutual defense pact could be ranged?

TOTLE/GM
    Spoiler
    Show

excellent, I wish you good fortune and hope to have further business with you.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Puppyavenger

Spoiler
    Show
    "Good a mutual protection pact could be good, also if we were to trade, how much power would you want fotr a soul?" Asked Steif

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

GM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stief, simply traitorous, and fickle. And with an interest in thievery as well. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Zach looked across the entrance way at his assembled imps, and their precious few new souls.

The Archdevil was not normally one given to emotion. But right now? He was furious

Well, let's review, shall we?

We got the wards established. Good. I was able to complete my studies of arcana for now. Also good.

However, the group assigned to research fire... decided it would be a good idea to use the power I generously gave you for, what was it, Practical Application? In other words, you used all that power. On a Fire spell. INSIDE the library.

His staff flashed, and the imps all stepped back, cowering slightly. Zach sighed.

Atop of that, the soul harvest was utterly lackluster. There are many other Archdevils here. More seem to be popping up all the time.

The situation, in short, is not what it could have been. We will need to work harder in the coming times. Kel'Bath, how close are you to a breakthrough with the Fire Magic?

The imp, one of the smarter ones, squirmed. Zach knew Kel'Bath has taught Jakar a lesson for that fire idea. He knew that it affected all their chances.

Very close master. I'm aware of most of the data. We should have it done by the next soultime.

Well, if you say so

He then pointed at one of the better imps who'd been working on flying magic.

You. Accompany Kel'Bath, work with him to get something done. I expect fire magic. Do not disappoint.

You two.
    He pointed at another pair, one from both of last phases' research programs, as Kal'Bath and his new assistant scurried off.

You both have a honor. In my own studies, I stumbled across an idea

It's called the crystal hall. I want you two to look into it. Clear

The pair saluted

Yes Lord Zach

Good.

Askar, you have more of that warding paint?

Yes, Lord Zach.

Good. Then give it to another, and instruct them in it's use. I have.... a greater plan for you.

With that, there was a defaning grinding of metal outside. Those imps left unassigned rushed to see, Zach did not act to stop them

There were... buildings. Stone, build in the same style as the Library. Mostly in ruins. Some had metal scraps holding them up, or covering them from the sky. Still, indisputably buildings, of the same ancient sort.

The imps were dumbstruck. Zach whispered to them, smilling.

This, in time, will be a great city. You will all have residence here.

But, a great city need defenses. Walls, wards, tricks, a few arcane traps and shooting positions. Especially now the politics has started

Think you can manage something?

The old, white bearded imp smiled

I can, Master. Just give me help and time.

You have both. Pick any other to help you.

You too. You'll need Master Askar to show you how to lay warding paint.

The imp hurried off happily. He had realized what the remaining imps had in common.

So had they. So had Zach.

As for you three... You are the dregs of the dregs. The lowest of the low. The most incompetent of all my imps. Our current weakness is in part your fault.

Come into the Library. I have a "Special" task for you.

Shivering, they followed. Jakar at the rear.

Spoiler
    Show
    See Dice Roll thread.

Expand Domain (2 power), size 2

1 adding wards (Ward 2, 2 pp)

2 Adding defenses (defenses 2, 4 pp)

2 researching crystal hall (7rp)

Zach researching Corruption (25rp)

2 researching fire

3 researching metal.

1 Arch devil action left
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-08-24 at 08:54 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

The being was thinking, more and more archdevils were popping up, and some spoke in hot pink, It would need more defenses.

Communicating to two of it's tendrils, one of the creature intimidatingly began increasing the defenses, well the other, infused with enough power to double his intelligence, began finishing off the plans for a torture chamber.
    stelif/Gm only
    Spoiler
    Show

A soul is quite valuable, it gives power continuously and can become a servant. I would say around 3 power a soul

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

4 power invested in research
    4 on defenses
    1 from soul miscalculation
    all corruption 1 apps researched
    10 points on corruption 2
    8 pp left.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-08-24 at 09:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Puppyavenger, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    "Would you be willing to trade some of your souls for my power?" Asked Steif
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-24 at 09:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99

@Steif
    Spoiler
    Show
    "To be honest, I doubt anyone would be interested at more than 4 power points a piece. I think it may be a lot more productive for you to sell souls with special abilities. Those will have actual worth, rather than common ones. Hopefully you find my appraisal accurate, and that I have helped you in the process."

@Zach
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Kataek greets you. I would like to extend a biding contract with your domain. I am looking towards a non-aggression pact at the least, and perhaps a share of two research domains between the two of us. I selectively research corruption, and shall share with you all possible applications, and with that, I would receive in return applications of a domain of your choice. That biding contract will, if you choose to accept it, be the cement of our two domains, and a reason for us both to cooperate on equal grounds. Deceit is only employed where honesty would fail us, and in this case, I believe it would not fail me with you, Zach. What say you?"
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-08-24 at 09:16 AM.
    A Revenant

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Kaeketh, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    That you, you were very helpful. Two last questions, How much power would you spend for an imp and do you have anything you'd be willing to trade

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kataek

Spoiler
    Show
    I am most interested, Lord Kataek. I agree fully to a non-aggression pact, and an alliance is very much on the cards. I want no part of any war yet, and this offer is most generous. I myself have been researching corruption, and would regard any applications of power with interest.

I also have command of the essences of Arcana and Fire. I freely offer applications from either, though I have not yet had time to research applications fully. In recompense, you may choose either, and I will research applications, and send them to you.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

12. - Top - End - #102

@Steif
    Spoiler
    Show
    "For an imp, I wouldn't spend. Bringing it in my domain would take time, as much time as it takes me to promote one from my souls. And would likely cost more than the two power points necessary for the promotion. I'd say around 4 power points, the same as a soul, if I was in dire need.

As for anything you might be interested in: I am in possession of two imp thieves that are remarkably good at their chosen calling. Depending on what you offer, I might consider selling off one of them to you."

@Zach
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I thank you for your speedy reply, Lord Zach. An Alliance is indeed on the cards, and I will consider the biding terms of such an Alliance before submitting my proposal to you. As for offering me the choice, I am most grateful, and would greatly appreciate your help in the domain of Fire. I have currently undergone research of two important applications of the Corruption Essence, and you shall have the knowledge of them as soon as the new batch of souls reach your domain in the next phase of Hell.

Let our domains live and prosper!"
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-08-24 at 09:46 AM.
    A Revenant

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

^, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    "You know how good these imps of yours are. So why don't you tell me what you want for them?" Asked Steif.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

stelif/GM
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd be willing to trade 1 or 2, maybe more once my supply increases, they would be delivered to you at the next soul time..
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #105
    Colossus in the Playground

The Inquisitor

"Dark Powers, I call you, help me! I am close, so close, to finishing my studies... but now the churched has sent an inquisitor to investigate where all the orphans went. A Paladin of the Sun God! He can not find me. My studies are too important to everyone. I will save them all, if I succeed. And then they will love me. They will see how they did me wrong, when I can help them. I will be able to cure the plague!
    But you must slay the Paladin, and it has to look like an accident, or they will sent more investigators. As a reward, you may have the souls of these orphans and homeless. They would gladly give them, if only they knew what I needed them for...

Spoiler
    Show

Special Task
    Required: Combat check against DC 12, Trickery against DC 8
    Corruption: 5
    Reward: 3 souls
    Evil Spread: 5

Lost the Way
    "If anyone can hear my prayers, help me! I've been lost for three days now in this accursed temple. I'm running out of food. I don't know where I am. Help me, please... I've found treasures, you can have them, but help me!
    Spoiler
    Show

Easy Task
    Wish: 4
    Corruption: 6
    Reward: 1 power, 1 XP, 1 more XP for corruption
    Evil Spread: 1

The Root of all Evil
    "Ye, Devils! I call you! I am the greatest merchant and tradesman this kingdom has ever seen! How can it be that Auron earns so much in so little time! Stop this! I do not care how you do it. Curse him. Give me more money. Sink his ships. I don't care, but stop him and I will pay you handsomely."
    Spoiler
    Show

Difficult task
    Wish: 10
    Corruption: 10
    Reward: 3 power
    Evil Spread: 1d6
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Puupyavenger, DM

Spoiler
    Show
    "So 6 power for 2 souls, both to be delivered next soul time?" Said Steif. "So about the mutual protection pact. What do you have in mind?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

1 imp is sent for :lost the way: and The archdevil responds to "root of all evil"

Stelif/GM
    Spoiler
    Show

that would be correct, you can pay now or at next soultime, I don't care. The mutual defense pact means we will send a substantial amount of forces to protect each others domains in the event of invasion.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-08-24 at 10:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Puppyavenger, DM

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll give you the power next soul time. I think we'd both prefer that. Thye mutual defense pact seems fair." Said Steif. "Oh I almost forgot. Are you researching anything?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-24 at 10:09 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Send an imp to go to the summon. (lost the Way)

Gathering the souls before her, Liriel starts the ancient ritual which will transform these souls into imps. It was a terrible ritual, but it did beat being totured on a daily basis. Starting the rituals, Liriel grabs a dagger from the pedestal next to her. This was a special dagger, as it allowed to kill souls. Stepping to the first soul, she says Ag'Dul Bis Shar Ra Him. Or in translation. Go With the Devil. After finishing that, she quickly steps forward and makes a clean slice from top to bottom of the soul. From within it, a little imp falls out, writhing in the ground. A soul comes and takes it away, and Liriel continues the process.

After she finished, Liriel wondered what was going to happen now. She herself was reaching her limits, and she wondered what to do now.

Pointing at two more imps, she tells them to go make more wards to stop unwanted intruders.

Spoiler
    Show

+2 wards, - 4 PP
    +10 servants, - 20 PP - 10 souls
    PP: 0
    Servants:7/20
    1 arch devil actions.
    Souls: 8

GM/TOTLE:
    Spoiler
    Show

giving 6 PP to TOTLE as a free action. And have you decided yet? I am getting impatient.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-08-24 at 10:22 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Annoyed at his imps failure to get the summons, the Being commanded him to research shadow, where the power could be better used.

Spoiler
    Show
    current shadow research total 15
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-08-24 at 10:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Steif sent a message to Liriel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we talk about a non-aggression pact?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Steif/GM:
    Spoiler
    Show

and tell me Steif. How many other agreements do you have? Are you trying to turn everyone into your ally so no one would be willing to attack you while your defenses are still weak? I see no need for a mutual non-aggression pack with you. But tell me, why do you want one so bad?

ah missed that post my bad.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-08-24 at 10:46 AM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Lirial, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    I did send you a message in return. What was the last thing you said to me?

Lirial, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    And then I said, "My main reason for contacting you is that I beleive the two of us getting peace between us would be incredibly useful. After that we can discuss any deals we'd like to make between us." which is what I still want.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-24 at 10:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Kataek

@Steif
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'd say no less than 10 power points for one, and a biding contract of non-aggression as security."

Responding to the summons, Kataek focuses his avatar towards the man that needed fulfillment in his work and against his rival. He smiles at the same time, sending his imp towards the one that had lost his way in an accursed temple.

Spoiler
    Show
    Archdevil action: Answer summon. (Root of all Evil)
    Last Imp action: Answer summon. (Lost the Way)

Dice Thread
    A Revenant

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Kaetekh, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    "10 seems fair but as I'm sure you know, I can't make a non-aggression pact with you unless you make one with me." Said Steif.

Lirial, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    "Please contact me when you've changed your mind. But before I go, how much power (presuming you wanted a soul) wouldv you spend on a soul and how much power (presuming you wanted an imp) wouldv you spend on a imp."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Steif/GM:
    Spoiler
    Show

I am very good at extracting power from the current souls i have, and thus have no need for more power. Indeed i have extra power myself, so I would not pay more than 2 power per soul, if i ever did it. And I have made my own minions as well, so i also have no need of them, but I wouldnt pay more than 2 PP for that as well.

27. - Top - End - #117

Kataek

@Steif
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naturally. Do we then have a deal?

When answering to the summoner fails, Kataek curses once more. The summonings were still very crowded. With a whole bunch of devils fighting over them. Sighing, he helps his imps with researching the application on Whispers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Archdevil action: Research.
    A Revenant

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Steif

Kataek, GM

Spoiler
    Show
    "When am I getting it?" Asked Steif. "But yes we do have a deal."

29. - Top - End - #119

@Steif
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It is arranged then. They were both just promoted to imps. As soon as next phase comes around and I feel the power channeling to me, I'll send him over to your domain."
    A Revenant

30. - Top - End - #120
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

The darkness welcomes the new souls into Shardon's domain with open arms. There was a shift in the pandemonium, the darkness had whispered and Shardon had heard. Shardon's imps heard the shift in the song of despair and set about searching the darkest places in the domain, from the deepest pit to the darkest secret of the most lost soul.

Spoiler
    Show

Power: 1+18-4 = 15
    Imp actions left: 2
    Arch fiend actions left: 2

Shardon does not respond to the calls of the mortals at this time. It will allow the other demons to expend their resources on them.

One imp to scribe wards and one to make defenses.

six imps are set to study the three spells that studying shadow magic allowed me to research last round (shadow touched, then Camouflage, then pit trap) 14 total

Shardon researches corruption magic in general for an action 5d6 adds 17 to the 7 it had last round for a total of 24

Last edited by Celebrochan; 2008-08-24 at 12:39 PM.