New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

"Orders received, and understood, Master. Be careful." Chen replies.

<I automatically beat the Robots in my initiative, which is +16>

Casting a critical eye over the remains of the stricken robot, Chen plunges dropping altitude sharply before breaking off into a swoop, approaching from just-above ground level. Banking sharply to avoid containers and vehicles, she approaches the robots at high speed.

"Okay Tara, we're going to set up an initial frontline. We'll break the bulwark and tie up the lines for our Fire team to pick them off."

With an intense look on her face belying her cool words, Chen waits for Tara's attack, following which she will assault a robot with an outstanding brutality only possessed by enraged domestic servants.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Taltha reaches the other side of the warehouse in a moment, and inspects the zone carefully. She is well away from robot perception range, and wants to localize the exact point where the man is, and the positions of the two robots relative to him, plus anything else that could call her attention or might clue her to something.

Notice - (1d20+12)[17]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Taltha notices a humanoid figure kneeling behind an L-shaped pile of large metal crates, that obscure it from the sight of two robots that just walk along dangerously close to the other side.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Does he seem to be wounded or hurt?)

They're way too close to him to risk an area attack. She gets closer to ensure her aim. "I should get them a bit further from him"

"Etheric Bind"

A ripple in the air opens from a direction away from both herself and the kneeling man, and half a dozen blue energy chains ended in dangerous-looking arrowpoints emerge from it, heading right for one of the two robots. She was putting her faith on the fact that their programming looked rather basic - it was her hope that, hit or miss, they'd follow the chains believing the attacker to come from that direction. That should give her enough time to get near the man, grant him a flying spell so that he wouldn't weigh her down, and get away from there at top speed.

Attack Roll - (1d20+9)[17]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

(What is the range from which you use the power? Remember that Snare has penalties for long range. As for the man's status - he's too far away to tell at the moment, before you approach.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-23 at 11:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

(As much as I can force it without being found out, really. You tell me how much is that. And awww.)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

(Around 300 feet? It's -4 to your attack roll, though.)

(2d20)[7][18](25)

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: I'll take the penalty. The point is not actually hitting, it's that they feel under attack from a different angle and hoping they go try to counter that. You know, like in Metal Gear. Also, I'm not sure I want to know what those two rolls are for...)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-23 at 12:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+1)[10]

The robot jumps back, avoiding the chains, and looks into the direction form which they came - of course, there is nobody there. The second one, though, notices Taltha and one of its shoulderplates raises, a yellow glow underneath! After a short charging, a beam shoots into her direction! Fortunately, she manages to avoid it easily.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-23 at 12:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Taltha interposes her shield to the blast. However, she was not happy.

"Well, it was worth a try. They seem more perceptive than expected. But looks like I'll have to try the direct method"

With that, all doubts forgotten and with a steely expression in her face, she rockets forward in a direct line, blocking easily the incoming fire, and when she's at an appropiate distance (read: when I no longer have penalties), three empty cartridges fly from Freyalise (used to give me +3 attack with my next power, and yes, I'm emptying three cartridges already. I can't last in direct combat, I'm a support mage, so I have to end this quickly. +3 to nullify the -2 I'm going to get to hit both with the autofire, and an extra +1 because I feel like it), and its voice can be clearly heard.

"Harpoon Rain: Miserable Fate"

The space warps around the blue-dressed woman, and literally dozens of speeding pointed chains emerge, delivering a rain of forcelines that burrow and shortcircuit every piece of machinery they find.

(If the dice aren't on my side here, I'm boned, yeah. Anyway, here goes the roll. Attack - (1d20+10)[28])

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+9)[19]
    (1d20+1)[21]
    (1d20+8)[14]
    (1d20+8)[26]

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+1)[8]

The chains burrow deeply into the robots' forms. The first one limps down and, when they dissapear, falls down to the ground lifelessly, but the second one doesn't seem to mind - they apparently missed the vital parts of its structure! It fires a second short, fortunately even slower than the first one.

Another robot seems to approach from north, although its pace means it probably didn't notice the battle yet.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-23 at 01:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't have time for this" The remaining chains vanish from the holes they perforated, and as Taltha blocks another shot, she gets some cover from the coming robot behind some boxes

"Etheric Bind"

Chains appear from the robot's back, and try to grapple it by surprise (hoping they don't get 360º perception - that -2 to defense from surprise would really come in handy here...). Meanwhile, knowing that if he was conscious he would have seen her and she knew where he was, Taltha tries to contact the man through Freyalise's communication power. "I'm here to rescue you. If you are alright, get ready, because we'll have to get away fast"

Attack - (1d20+9)[21]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Reflex:
    (1d20+1)[19]

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

This will be a good team to be with. Lucius had stayed quiet, most of his questions were answered by his teammates. When Tara and Chen break away from the group, he follows. Once he gets about 100 feet away, he aims for a different robot that Tara and Chen. Final Burst. A new drill appears and blasts off towards the robot.

Spoiler
    Show
    "initiative" - (1d20+7)[26]
    "final burst attack" - (1d20+4)[15]
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[20]

The chains entangle the robot, prohibiting it from moving from its place - not from shooting, though, but its limited movement results in a shot so feeble it doesn't even require dodging. This AI is determinated, but very bad at shooting...

The man, hearing the message in his head, stands up and looks up to the sky, into Taltha's direction.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, ninjaed by Dragoon.

(1d20+8)[20]

Lucius' drill hits the robot's arm, shredding it off. The main body is still operational, though.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-23 at 02:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: how many turns do I have before that other robot notices us, more or less? I want to know if there's time for a quick Shield Boost just in case. And towards what direction do we get out of range quickest?)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-23 at 02:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

(At this rate? If you don't make any attempts to hide, at the next turn. And there are no enemies to the east nor south, so those are the fastest directions to run away.)

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

(I thought I was already making an attempt to hide - I did mention I was taking cover behind some boxes so that it didn't see me, right?

Anyway, original plan, then)

"I'm going to make you able to fly - just think of it, it's designed to be easy to use."

"Boost Sign: Flight"

With that, a blue aura appears around the man, giving him the power of flight (4 ranks, to be precise). Taltha rushes him "Come on, get out! They have limited range, and the flight is fast. I'll stay here as decoy until you've cleared their radius. Direction east is clear, go a good distance and then turn and go towards one of the military retinues. Go!" With that, she gets out of cover and faces both robots, attracting their fire and concentrating in defending herself.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

(Ah yes, I see it now.)

Torn - if that's him - is well-built, with short brown hair and a goatee. The right sleeve of his jacket is shredded and blood-covered, its scraps used as an impromptu bandage for a wound on his arm. He shakes his head with a determined face.
    "No miss, I can't move from here. My arm will be okay, but... Nanoha is still inside! I won't leave without her!"

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

She freezes in the middle of the step that would have taken her out of cover. "Nanoha?" Her mind flew for a second to Takamachi, the known Ace of Aces, but there was no way these pathetic machines - seriously, she could build things with better aim with a toothpick and some chewing gum - would pin down someone with half the abilities the history books attributed to her. The girl inside was probably named after her, though.

"This is Taltha. I found the target. He says there's still another person inside, and in possible danger. We have to hurry" she communicates to the others.

"You will not be able to do much in your current state, sir, except at most cause her even more trouble. I promise we'll get that girl out of there. But first, we need to get you out of range and healed. I can heal you myself, but I can't do it while shielding you" She pokes her head out a bit and unleashes another flight of chains from the back of the coming robot, to stop it from coming nearer.

Attack - (1d20+9)[20]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+1)[4]

"Yes - Nanoha is my daughter. If... if I knew this would happen, I'd never bring her here!"

Taltha's spell completely binds the incoming robot, making it unable to even move its arms. The first one notices it and shoots into her direction, the mipact from the beam hitting the crates making them shake.

"Alright, I will do as you ask... but you really must save her! She is only five years old... I won't forgive myself if anything happens to her! Please, I count on you!"

After these words, Torn leaves the area to the southeast - the flight spells helps him do so very fast, and he doesn't grab the attention of any enemies. At least any visible ones.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-23 at 04:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

(Okay, I think this should be enough for now to resolve my little personal escapade. I want to ask the others whether we should try a pincer entrance through multiple points - in which case I should stay - or just concentrate firepower on the entrance and plow through there- in which case I'd have to go back)

Taltha looks at the man go, slightly relieved. One saved. But there was a small child in there. She really wanted to just enter there and take out every one of these rusted canisters - you do not touch a kid in front of Taltha if you know what's good for you -, but she knew full well she couldn't. That irritates her immensely. But she had to keep calm. She shoots another layer of chains to the robot that is still shooting, to immobilize it completely (snares can layer, if I remember correctly)

"The remaining civilian is a child, five years old, will respond to the name of Nanoha. We have to get her out of there. What is the situation on the entrance?" She asks.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Assuming there's still some around, Tara rushes forward to 100' distance, takes sight of one of the initial cluster of robots and prepares a spell.

"Ready..."

"Homing Chakram"

"Go!"

The diminutive teenager spins around like a discus thrower, launching a circular blade of energy that spins through the air and homes in on the targeted robot.

[roll=1d20+10]Attack Roll[/roll] (Toughness save +10, Homing in case it misses).

"More civilians trapped inside?" she asks on hearing Taltha's report. "Right. I'll go in and eliminate the enemy! Who wants to join me? Oh, and nice name."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I confused this forum with plothook for a second

Attack Roll - (1d20+10)[26] (still +10, still Homing).
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

With a riar, Chen darts towards one of the robots, bringing down a dimunitive fist to strike at its main body. The jewel on her glove flashes red briefly.

Attack - (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage - (1d20+10)[11]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

After watching his attack damage the robot but leave it still standing Lucius quickly responds to his teammates, Hey, Tara, hold on, don't go quite yet. I should head in first, since I can cloak myself, possibly. Taltha, we seem to be holding our own. As he watches for enemy attacks.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[13]
    (1d20+8)[19]

(4d20)[11][1][7][16](35)

Tara's chakram cuts the robot in two diagonally, the top side slowly sliding down from the bottom one. Chen does no worse, and she punches through the other machine's armor, its body exploding around her arm.

The robot attacked by Lucius raises its only free arm slowly, and then electric currents run over its body! Its limbs fall off and it stops functioning.

From the remaining two robots, one charges at Chen, trying to slash her with its sword, but she is too nimble for the lump of metal. The last one's shoulderpads rise, revealing two beam cannons, and it shoots them into Tara's direction - one of them connects!

(Toughness save DC - 22. Inflicts bruises, not wounds.)

The warehouse door is closed. Should Lucius want to sneak in, he'd need to open it first.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-24 at 03:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Toughness Save - (1d20+10)[14]

Tara is caught solidly by the counterattack and is momentarily stunned.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-24 at 03:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show