New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

"Mind getting rid of this lot of enemies first, Master?" says Chen, running into the fray, gauntlet at the ready. "I know you can multitask, but not even you can do it that well!"

Gauntlet at the ready, Chen checks herself at the last moment as she suddenly realizes what she's been doing wrong. For the second time.

I need to get my brain checked... she mutters to herself, thumbing the monomolecular strike setting on her gauntlet.

Penetrating Charge - (1d20+12)[29]

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

(2d20)[13][19](32)

Chen's attack smashes into the type G robot, striking through its thick armor and sending its parts flying in an explosion into the type R it was defending - that does not manage to even knock the second construct down, however.

(From Lucius' use of Mega Drill Breaker I assume he will be attacking the other guardian bot, yes? Correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2009-03-09 at 05:51 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Mireio, Tara thinks privately to her friend, Sword team needs to start moving north toward our entrance. Let's cut a path.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Banned

"We need to cover Taltha, Chen and Savrin as they move in. Once this group is defeated we will screen them as they head for the control room. So move ahead."

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemician View Post
    "Mind getting rid of this lot of enemies first, Master?" says Chen, running into the fray, gauntlet at the ready. "I know you can multitask, but not even you can do it that well!"
    "As you wish" Taltha responds, as chains sprout from a ripple around her and arc around the catgirl - aiming directly for the R-type (heh ) that she has in front.

Attack - (1d20+9)[21]

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[15]
    (2d20)[18][19](37)

(1d20)[8]
    (2d20)[9][11](20)

(4d20)[17][20][8][11](56)
    (4d20)[6][3][1][16](26)

(3d20)[4][18][9](31)

Taltha's chains penetrate the robot's torso, destroying the mechanisms inside and causing a small explosion - when they disappear, it falls down to the floor lifelessly.

Lucius tries to attack the last remaining G-type, but it notices him in the split second between him appearing and the blow, and manages to block the attack with its shield - he only succeeds in making a hole in it. The robot tries to counterattack with a shield slam, but Lucius manages to dodge.

The S-types charge forth! You find out what those backpacks are for, as from each of the six holes comes out a prehensile mechanical whip/tentacle, small electric crackles charging at its end - two robots attack Tara and Chen each, flailing those additional limbs ferociously and trying to entangle them with them!
    (One hit each - toughness save DC 22, also a grapple attempt - enemy rolled 15 against Tara, 12 against Chen.)

The other three S-types, as well as the last R-type, shoot their beam cannons at Mireio - only one of them hits, however.

(Toughness save DC 22.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2009-03-10 at 07:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Banned

"Tara! Look...out!" The shock of seeing Tara assaulted like that was enough to make Mireio forget to use the telepathy instead calling out physically. There was no way the robot could be like that, no one would sacrifice efficiency for that. And Tara could get out, but still...

She hurriedly raised Yoichi, energy starting to gather for an attack. Distracted like she were she didn't notice the shot until the very last moment. Scrambling to abort her attack and raise a shield, she was too late and didn't deflect the shot but instead had to concentrate on holding it at bay until it disappeared.

Toughness (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2009-03-10 at 08:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Toughness: 1d20+10=26
    Grapple: 1d20+10=24

With a twist of her left arm (well-insulated by her Barrier Jacket), Tara dislodges the grasping tentacle Ew and with a twist of her right arm, she brings Noble Ether's own energy whip around in an arc, cleaving through her opponent, and possibly others as well.

(The taking ten + takedown deal again. Should hit at least the two nearest ones, and with being able to move beforehand + reach, I may be able to get to the others.)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

"You two alright?" Lucius questions his teammates as he brings Bohrer around to slam through the enemy in front of him. "Mega Drill Breaker."

(taking 10 on attack, takedown attack, hopefully Tara and Lucius can finish off the group)
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

(4d20)[5][2][5][13](25)

Tara cuts through all four melee-engaged type S robots before they get the chance to be inappropriate again.

Lucius strikes at the guardian robot, but the attack is too weak and grinds ineffectively against its thick armor.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2009-03-10 at 06:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Bugbear in the Playground

The swift destruction of the tentacled terror saves Chen from having to reach over and break the tentacles' owners to pieces herself.

Toughness - (1d20+10)[13]

However, her sudden release, and subsequent acceleration at 9.81 ms^-2 throws her balance off, sending her careening into the floor! The strength that would have been used to free Chen of Familiar Bondage instead sends her slamming into the concrete.

((Uh wait - when exactly is the "Attacker's Turn" in iniative order? Seeing as intiative is kind of lax around here and all...))

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+10)[13]

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Banned

"Not again... I'm sorry..." Shocked by her allies (including one from her own very group) being hurt again, Savrin whispers in disbelief."I didn't mean to... it's my fault, but..."

Her fists clench tightly as a fiery aura starts to manifest around her, like some kind of much-needed warning. "Get DOWN!" She begins punching the air in front of her furiously, recklessly sending a burning projectile after projectile into the group of enemy robots, explosions and dust starting to obstruct the view. At least she has the thought not to target her allies or to waste cartridges on normal mooks - or she's too out of it to notice she has any.

Blast Shot Autofire, +5 Full-out/Power Attack. 5 targets.
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[12]

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[3]

Most of the robots easily dodge Savrin's furious attack, but the G type gets hit by several of the energy missiles that shred its form to pieces.

(There is nothing complicated about the initiative - everyone beat the robots, so they move after everyone else.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2009-03-12 at 11:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

((Okay, sorry, but I'm a bit lost right now. How many enemies do we have left right now, and of which types?))

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

(There are three S types with tentacles and one R type. Only Lucius stands close to them.)

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground

((Can I launch an area attack so that I get all/most of them but not Lucius? Otherwise I'll just blow one of them up. I have to remember to finally spend those character points in some new attacks))

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

((You can get the S-types in a blast easily - S-types and R-type without also hitting Lucius could be tricky, but you can try.))

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

((Not risking it. We have already had the girls being inappropiately grappled - doing the same to Lucius would cause fanservice-confusion in the audience ))

Taltha frowns when discovering what the electricity generators did. Mechanical tendrils? That conducted electricity as an attack? Really?

She snaps back to the world and shakes her head, chastising herself. "No time to think of wasteful design!" She raises her staff again, and chains sprout from the ground below the S-Types, trying to enact a bit of... poetic justice on the grapplers.

Field of Chains

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

(3d20)[15][4][8](27)
    (3d20)[4][14][13](31)

(4d20)[7][5][9][19](40)
    (3d20)[20][15][14](49)
    (3d20)[5][4][12](21)

Taltha's spell is much more effective than when she used it last time - her chains entangle all three robots, one of them completely - it struggles, trying to break the bonds, but its effort is fruitless.

The other two cannot move in to engage in melee, so instead they shoot at the easiest target, which would be Savrin. Both beams hit!

The artillery robot continues attacking Mireio, and its another blast hits her as well!

(You know well the toughness save DC at this point - 22.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2009-03-13 at 07:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Banned

(1d20+12)[27]
    (1d20+12)[23]

One of the blasts barely nicks Savrin, and she stops the other with a parry of her armored gauntlet. "This... won't be good enough..." She seems to have calmed down a bit. She follows with another salvo of burning fist-like projectiles - but this time she precisely deals only one at each enemy robot.

Taking 10 (net result 17), still All-out + Power Attack 5.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-03-14 at 09:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

(4d20)[3][17][11][14](45)

The barrage of missiles hits all robots, ripping deep holes in their armor and throwing them back (as much as the chains let it do so, at least) - the constructs don't even reach the ground as they explode mid-air.

(The thread is 50 pages long now, so we should start a new one soon.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2009-03-14 at 09:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Banned

(1d20+10)[12]

The blast dissipated and Mireio could lower the shield to prepare to participate in the battle again. She lowered it just in time to see the final blast fired by the robots coming straight for her head. Having no time to raise another shield, she took the blast, feeling the impact as she was knocked towards the floor.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2009-03-14 at 10:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Interposing with Extra Effort)

Toughness: 1d20+10=30

The blast, forceful though it is, dissipates against a pinkish barrier a couple feet from Mireio's face. On the other side of Tara, who quickly moved between Mireio and the blast, now pressed against her by the force of the laser hitting her shield.

"You know, you make jumping in front of deadly attack spells fun, somehow," she says.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Nice save, Tara. Who needs healing before I go back to playing hide and seek?" He would complement everyone's shooting, but it was what he expected. Though he was eying where the S-type's remains with an evil glare.

((thanks for not hitting Lucius, Drascin. And whenever you're ready to make the new thread, Tengu.))
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Banned

Feeling Tara against her, Mireio started blushing deeply. "Thanks Tara..." For some reason she really didn't feel a need to move away from the other girl, surely the mission could wait just a bit. "I'm really glad you were there to save me."

Lucius words shook her out of it, making her realized just what her and Tara must have looked like. "I think i'm fine." She sent a quite meaningful and thankful glace at the girl who had saved her as she said so, the blush creeping back on her cheeks.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara, at least, has the decency to blush slightly herself after she turns around to point north. "Glad to hear it. Shall we head to our door, Miss Squad Leader?"
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2009-03-14 at 06:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Banned

Mireio nodded, glad to be distracted from her thoughts by more pressing matters. "We should. Hopefully we will not encounter more distractions like this and can focus on taking down any of the Guardians who might be here."

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Banned

As all the enemies are destroyed already, Savrin lowers her still-clenched fists. Let's continue. Her mental communication is laconic, quiet and careful. Like if she wanted to say more but changed her mind.

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Troll in the Playground

"Do not worry and proceed" Taltha tells Lucius. "I can handle the healing too, but you are the only one that can prevent us from being ambushed"

((After all, I have an area heal. Should be quicker to pop one and then we all get going))

With that, a quick motion of her staff and she lets the magic flow, trying to stay focused and not smile. It always feels so much better to use healing spells than the harpoons, but can't get distracted now.

Bubble of Relief

(it should get us all in the area. Heal bonus +7)

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[14]

New thread

Spoiler
    Show