New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

"Honour? In a time and place like this?" Chen snarls in frustration, teeth flashing. Throwing a cartridge forward and upwards, she leaps into a breakneck rush, snatching the cartridge in midair and crushing it between her palms.

The DragonBreath flashes a brilliant green, a shimmering glow so brilliant that the air itself seems to waver around them. Their form flickers - wavers, and where there were once brown gloves, there are now a pair gleaming golden gauntlets, crackling with power.

Charging forward, Chen jumps onto the woman like one of her wild cousins, attacking with feral abandon, attempting to establish a hold, to claw, to rake and to tear.

Spoiler
    Show

I use a Cartridge to boost my Strike Power by one.
    Attack - (1d20+11)[26]
    If my attack connects, I will switch my Gloves to enhance my Strentgh by 9, and attempt to enter a Grapple.
    Grapple - (1d20+16)[28]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

(2d20)[8][7](15)

(2d20)[5][11](16)

Chen leaps at the woman ferociously and tries to grapple her, but she gets pushed away - that woman is very strong! There are results of the attack, however - several small scratches, and one larger one on the cheek (1 bruise).

"Hey, not bad - you can actually land a hit on me."

Two robots brandish their swords and charge forward! One of them tries to attack Chen, the other Tara, and both are so slow their slashes are easily dodged.

(Next turn. All of you can move before the enemies.)

"Mister...? Where's dad...?", the girl asks Lucius. At least little kids can perceive his gender accurately without any trouble.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-25 at 07:50 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: errr... is my spell going to do something or not? I mean, I'd like to know if I did something before continuing to post...)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

(The harpoon field at the robots? You did your action for the previous round, so you need to do it in this one. Unless you used 3 cartridges and I didn't catch it...)

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Hey, stop that!" Tara says irritably at the robot that engaged her before somewhat idly stabbing her sword through the nearest approximation it has to a head. "Can't you see I'm fighting a time-honored traditional mage battle here."

Attack Roll - (1d20+8)[27] (Power Attack 2, Toughness +12)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[9]

Tara's blade gets right through the robot's head with almost no resistance. And then it blows up, still impaled.

(It wasn't one of the huge ones, in case anyone wondered.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-25 at 08:04 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

(Okay, okay. I had thought the Etheric had been a result of the action I readied, not my turn action. Okay then, here it goes)

"Chen!" she shouts mentally when the little blaze of power smashes into the enemy. Don't be so reckless! she thinks. No, I have to focus, she'll be alright.

Chen and Tara seemed to be able to hold themselves against the woman. Therefore, she and Mireio should try to focus on the incoming robots or they'd gang up on them. That at least she could try. She does a rapid calculation as to how to catch the maximum number of robots inside the area, if at all possible just so the two big robots fall in but her companions and the woman in melee with them didn't, and lets loose the magic

"Chain Binding: Harpoon Field"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

(Ah, you see, you indeed readied an action, but readying is a standard action which you performed in the last round. Sorry for all the confusion.)

(12d20)[16][11][19][11][11][15][3][3][9][10][1][10](119)

The etheric chains wrap around the robots, restricting the movements of most of them almost completely! Only one of the larger and one of the smaller ones are able to move at all, and another of the smaller ones dodged and didn't get caught in the area.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-25 at 08:11 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Since the woman apparently hasn't moved, I get a Takedown Attack!)

After the robot's explosion, Tara whips the sword back around in a surprise backhand maneuver, hoping to catch her opponent off-guard.

Takedown Attack Roll - (1d20+8)[20] (Still Power Attack 2 for Toughness +12)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

She parries Tara's swing once again.
    "You're boring. The cat's better."
    She suddenly opens her eyes a bit wider and her face loses its focus. "What...? Damn.", she addresses nobody in particular.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Reckless, eh?"...

Maybe you're right!

Rebounding agilely off the floor, Chen aims a flying kick at a nearby robot, before pushing off and using the momentum from her kick to strike at the woman again in a rapid blitz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I swap my gloves back to Strike again, hitting both the robot and the woman with a Rapid Attack
    Attack on Robot - (1d20+10)[18]
    Attack on Woman - (1d20+10)[29]

If I hit the woman, I attempt to start a Grapple Attempt, using my unboosted 14 Strength.

Grapple - (1d20+12)[20]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Rollin!

(3d20)[6][14][4](24)

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

Taltha or Albin, where is the child's father? I can handle the robots out here, but I don't want to put her at risk. He flies a little to the east, to make sure they are out of range of the robots. "We moved him to safety, Nanoha, in just a second, someone will take you to him, most likely me." He beams at her. Blast it, I'll miss out on watch those two, my idea for a picture might be as natural for them.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

(Okay, Extra Effort as free action to add an Alternate Power)

Even as her magic circle (on her previous turn) appeared on the ground, to the imminent chagrin of the drone army, Taltha's mind had been working at a lightning-fast pace. She's too fast and too strong, she keeps blocking miss Severn and even Chen is having trouble keeping up, I don't know what we can do, she...

Wait

She looks at Freyalise in her hand. Taltha's eyes acquire an absent glaze, as she starts running the necessary design changes through her head at monstrous speed even as the chains flailed and grappled mercilessly. If she rerouted the alkari generators and modified the secondary prana circuits of the Boost Sign mind function... but doing that the fast way could literally burn part of Freyalise's mechanism...

"That is not a problem. If she wins, I'll be worse off" Freyalise ironizes in her childish, mocking voice.

"But..." No. Freyalise was right: she had to try. She could cloud her mind and reflexes. That way, Chen and Tara could knock her out.

She made the image on her mind clear, and gave the order "Freyalise, reroute"

"Of course, Master" the staff purrs. Once the design is ready, with the energy of the mage the device could make temporary modifications to itself. It wasn't marvelously precise, which here meant it risked damage to the device, and would not last, but should be enough.

As she looks intently at the three meleeing women, she channels everything she has with her utmost care into the staff, and a purple, sickly looking pentagram star manifests, as if a particularly dangerous aura, around the target woman.

With a satisfied voice, Freyalise intones

"Weakness Sign: Mind Seal",

and the spell goes off. Sparks fly out of Freyalise's end, but Taltha is so preoccupied with aiming the field she barely notices (-1 point to the power due to Fade. Lose a Homing feat).

(1d20+9)[21] (and I'm fully willing to spend my Hero Point ensuring a hit if the result of that's too low)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+9)[20]

(1d20)[16]

The little girl nods and smiles. "Okay!"

"A man identified as Torn Raus has met with the southern group of ground army and is currently receiving first aid." Lucius receives a response from Melina. "The northern group is about to engage remaining enemy forces."

Indeed, if Lucius looks very carefully, a small group among the humans observing the warehouse is carrying some long objects. Probably staves.

---

Chen's kicks the head off the robot's body, electric sparks flying everywhere, and proceeds to attack the woman.
    "Aufruhr Schild!"
    Runes appear around the woman's feet in a pattern, and Chen's attack is met with a solid shield of red energy. It's too hard to pierce through, and forces her to leap back.
    The voice belongs to Glutsiegel, and sounds a lot like a male equivalent of its owner, including the very friendly and cheerful tone.

Immediately after that, Taltha launches a beam of weakening magic! The woman ducks and rolls to the side, ending up kneeling on one knee, several drops of sweat on her face - she dodged it just barely.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-25 at 02:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Thanks, Melina. Communicating to the group inside, if he can Reinforcements from the north have reached and are about to take on the robots outside, I'll be back, soon, though hopefully not needed. He turns to Nanoha, "I'm going to be flying fast, ok, so hold on tight, we'll meet your dad soon." After making sure he's holding on tight to Nanoha, he takes off, trying to go fast without wearing himself out.

((Heading south to where the ground army is, double move))

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

As Lucius flies in closer, it turns out that these people are indeed TSAB's ground army soldiers - one of them is kneeling besides Torn, and judging from the aura surrounding the wounded man's arm, he's just being healed.

The little girl makes huge eyes when she notices him, and calls out loudly; "Daddy! Daddy, I'm here!"

"Nanoha? Nanoha, you're safe!" Torn stands up, disregarding his wound, and start running into Lucius' direction! If/when he lands, the girl leaps from his arms and runs to her father too, who grabs her, lifts her in the air and hugs tightly. "Daddy is so glad you're safe...!"
    Tears of happiness flow down their faces.

One of the soldiers salutes Lucius. "Ma'am... what is the situation inside?"

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Seeing the child cry out to her father, Lucius flies right next to her father,"Special delivery." Now I need to draw a picture of them, just remember that. Turning to the soldier. "The four other members of my team are probably still fighting someone, actually, I'm worried that they may need help with her and the rest of the weak robots. Unless you have other orders for me."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

The soldier shakes his head. "No - we are actually ordered to help you and storm the building in the same moment the northern group does. Which means..." He apparently receives a message. "Now! Go, go, go!"

All the soldiers - eight of them - start to run towards the warehouse, their staves ready to shoot any robots that appear in sight. Some flashes of light can be seen behind the building, at north.

Torn turns to Lucius - his face is both happy and serious at the same time. "Thank you so much for rescuing my daughter! I swear, I will never forget it. Are you that blonde woman's colleague? Could you tell her one thing from me? I... I'm sorry that I doubted her."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

The woman was trouble. She was just too good for them to fight easily. But Taltha had the right of it, they could not just ignore the robots. She had been hit by one and it hurt like hell, even if it wasn't a major blow. Letting a whole bunch of them free would be bad. Tara might need her help, however, the woman seemed to be handling her and Chen with frightening easy.

Hesitating just a second to check on the battle in the air she returned to focus to the robots. Hopefully she would get rid of them now and let them focus on the woman herself. Capturing her would be a great help in uncovering what was going on.

"Plasma Strike"

The swarm of arrows erupted around Mireio and headed straight for the bound robots, curving back and weaving through the air as they reaches the edges of what she could control at once. Flashes of green light played over the robots before her attack came to a halt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Like last time. A DC 17 reflex save to reduce or avoid damage from the attack. I am saving my cartridges for the woman.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

(10d20)[6][10][12][3][10][3][3][12][14][10](83)
    (10d20)[10][4][6][10][9][8][6][11][20][5](89)
    (2d20)[17][18](35)
    (2d20)[3][12](15)

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

(3d20)[19][6][8](33)

Tara's attack decimates the robots, resulting in a chain of slightly green-tilted explosions! When the dust has settled, only the large ones and one of the smaller ones remain.
    (Damage - one big robot: 1 + stunned, the other two: resisted).

"There go the tincans... Glutsiegel! You know what to do!"
    "Ja, Meister. Drachenabzug: Vulkan Feuer!"
    Three empty cartridge shells fall out of the sword's hilt. The woman smashes it, upside-down as usual, into the floor, and a giant blast of fire bursts from the ground into your direction, enveloping everything on its way! After the attack passes, you can see that it left a hole in the ground. The woman jumps in!
    "You got lucky. If there's any brains in your thick heads, you better forget about me."

The robots struggle in their chains - the larger one that didn't get overwhelmed by Tara's attack manages to break free, and stands on the hole, covering it with its body (it's too large to get inside). The others do nothing.

(Area attack - Reflex save DC: 26. Toughness save DC: 31 [23 if you make the save and don't have Evasion]. Deals bruises.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-25 at 03:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

"I will, and your daughter's very astute." Seeing the ground reinforcement go after the robots outside, Lucius takes off to enter the building. The reinforcements are here, I'm assuming you four need me in there? Seeing a hole in the wall explode from the outside, Lucius rushes in, and sees the giant robot in the hole and his team heavily injured, if not unconcious. "Who do you think I am, that I would let you get away with something like this?!" He yells at the robots as Bohrer uses a cartidge. "Final Burst."
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-08-25 at 04:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

The woman's attack also makes a huge hole in the warehouse's ceiling, and is visible from outside.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

(I assume the area hit me... DC 26 reflex, autofail, and DC 31 Thoughness, also autofail. Well, people, it was nice, but I get down in this stop. Someone make sure to get my unconscious body to the medics, please, because I don't know how many turns you get as "dying" in this game, but I doubt they're many. I'll roll Toughness now)

Thoughness - (1d20+6)[7]

(dit: Yay, a 1 . Like always, when it comes to staying alive, my rolls stink. Immediate Fortitude it is. Anything under 5 and I'm dead. Yay again)

[roll=Fortitude]1d20+5[/roll]
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-25 at 04:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

The explosion triggered a string of explicitives from Mireio, as she threw herself through the air to the left clearing the blast zone as she tried to see the result through the haze. "Everyone. What's your status? Able to continue fighting? We need to finish this quickly or we will be overwhelmed. I'm fine myself."

Reflex - (1d20+10)[29]
    Toughness - (1d20+10)[29]
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-25 at 04:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

(Hm, you can't add rolls in edit, apparently. Trying again)

Fortitude - (1d20+5)[8]

Aaaaand I'm dead, people. A 1 and a 3 consecutively. It would seem the forum roller hates me. Well, it's been nice gaming with you all .

Edit: Ah, apparently Tengu edited to mention it's only bruises. Whew.

Anyway, Taltha, status, out of commision, as she's blown completely by the explosion and smashes with a painful sound against one of the containers before falling down. Ouchie.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-25 at 04:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

(You can't die. This is non-lethal damage. In M&M, and coincidentally Nanoha too, it's lethal damage that's out of ordinary.)

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

"final burst" - (1d20+6)[22] He watches as the drill goes on course, his anger slightly pacified.
    I just need to take out the robot and then get everyone back on their feet. Don't be dead, don't be.
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-08-25 at 04:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+10)[15]

Lucius' drill missile slams into the robot from above, drilling a huge hole in its armor and knocing it off balance, pushing one of its legs into the hole.

(Bruised + Stunned.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-25 at 05:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show