New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

(1d20+5)[20]

The human-sized robot, probably seeing that its blast has no effect, moves up to Mireio (I can't read) Tara and slashes her with its sword! It'd be annoyed by the fact that its enemies are conversing instead of fighting it, if it wasn't a stupid emotionless can.

(Save DC 22, but deals lethal damage!)

You hear explosions coming from the north.

"Everyone, what's your status?" It's Albin. "We've got reports about a huge explosion just a moment ago!"
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 04:16 PM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Banned

Mireio quickly flew over to the wreckage of the robot and started digging through it, half turning her head to talk to Tara as she did so. "I think we can squeeze through it to head after the woman." Working fast to avoid attracting the attention of the robots she still send a message out to answer the queries of mission control. "The situation is mostly under control. The woman we found blasted a hole in the floor to escape, one of the robots blocked it to prevent us from following. We are currently working on eliminating the last two robots and getting through the wreckage, i think i am almost through to whereever she went."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Toughness - (1d20+10)[12]

Post goes here.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-26 at 04:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Christ this is embarassing. Spending two catridges to Counter (i.e. parry) with Scourge Form).

Counter Power Check - (1d20+10)[25]

"Alert." As the robot escapes Tara's notice and almost sneaks up on her to end her career as a mage in a highly embarrassing manner, Noble Ether's cartridge system pumps again and it whirls around of it's own volition, parrying and riposting the robot's energy sword.

(Tengu said he'd allow an Instant Counter even though I already rolled Toughness. Thanks, Tengu.)

"..."

"That was close. I have the best Device ever!" Tara beams after a second of contemplating her luck.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-26 at 04:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[17]

Spoiler
    Show
    (Only this one time, due to the circumstances and players not being aware of this rule. Normally it's before you roll toughness.)

Tara's riposte cuts the robot in two, both halves falling to the ground with a loud clank.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 04:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Thinking for a moment at what Taltha was saying, Mireio nodded in her position of cover where Taltha could not actually see her. "Come join us anyway, we might need help after the fight as it is. Also there is no point in staying split up once the issue here has been solved. We can always ask the normal troops to do the investigation for us. Now if we could just blast that robot away. Can you strengthen Chen so she can remove it? Like the front door."
    "Understood. And yes"

(Mmmm...Art, I don't quite remember what you did... what do I have to boost, again? ^^u)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    "Need this?" Lucius hands Taltha one of his five remaining cartidges. "Though at the rate we're going, she'll be long gone by time we finish weird robot." Lucius hoping he was wrong.
    "Thanks. And yes, it is remarkably more resilient than its peers".

She gets the cartridge in the chamber, just in case, as she prepares the spell for Chen.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-26 at 04:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

Mireio paused for a second in her digging as she heard the attack on Tara. A look of worry on her face washed away into relief as the attack was blocked. "Thank god you stopped it. Lucius, Taltha do either of you have cartridges you can spare for me, Tara and Chen when we go after the woman? We might need them."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seeing Tara finish off the robot, Lucius was ready to take on this escaping woman, though the large robot continued to survive. "Well, I can give one cartidge to Mireio, Tara, and Chen to leave myself with one, but I do have one question. What did she do to cause the hole in the wall?" Being the only member not to see what happened. If the others attack and don't finish it off, I'd better attack it again.
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-08-26 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Because I rolled 1 memory check on the large robot (thanks Nerdo)
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(There's still a large robit last time I checked. It's been wounded and stunned a couple times, but it's still standing).
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Banned

Hearing Lucius' offer and questions made Mireio pause in her digging once more to reply. "She loaded some cartridges and made an explosion that looked like a volcano. Hopefully she won't have enough cartridges to do it again, though we should be able to withstand it if she does. Also thank you for the cartridge, i owe you."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shaking her head to clear her head of the strange temporal paradox that was unfolding, Chen takes aim with an unsteady hand and shoots the remaining robot from where she stands.

Normally she'd just whack it really hard, but circumstances currently prevented that from happening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blast - (1d20+5)[22]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[16]
    Chen's blast sends several pieces of the robot's armor flying and makes it takes a step back again. Electricity crawls over its body and something small explodes inside (stunned + another "wound").
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-27 at 09:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Okay wow, this is getting a little ridiculous," Tara observes as she tries to find the robot's power source with her beam ribbon.

Attack - (1d20+10)[22] (All-Out Attack 5 Power Attack 5 for a net of -5 Def +5 Damage. Total damage +15, Autofire)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-27 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+7)[15]
    Tara must've indeed been succesful in her search, because the robot blows up, leaving you with no opponents.

"Affirmative. Is everyone alright out there? It seems that the ground army is currently sweeping up the remaining enemies outside, and they're almost done with just some minor injuries. You have fulfilled the objectives of your mission - it's up to you to decide if you want to pursue that woman. But if you do... be extra careful. I don't like this at all." Albin's voice sounds concerned.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-27 at 02:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

"All enemies in the warehouse have been defeated as well. We are preparing to pursue the woman, in the hope of bringing a criminal to justice and learn more about the attack. And anything specific that worries you or just the presence of a powerful mage and someone skilled at robotics in this crime?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"Nothing specific - just the presence of a powerful criminal we do not know anything about. You said she blasted a hole in the floor? She must've headed for the sewers - there is a sewer running underneath the warehouse."

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Uh. Taltha interrupts the spell and redirects the energy that was going to boost Chen's strength as she realizes Tara has turned the bot into many little pieces. She instead turns to her, and uses the same previous spell

"Boost Sign, Sonic Flight"

(Okay, two boosted, two to go. Chen's staggered, tho, so I'm thinking I should pop up an area heal before you all go)

As for her reaction to the new conversation... to be perfectly honest, there was nothing Taltha would love more than being able to go home. However, all her companions wanted to give pursuit, and she was not going to let them down, even if what she could contribute was rather pitiful. So she stays silent and starts the next spell.

Until she realizes,

"Wait, sewers?" Great. So the woman had escaped into what was most likely a complete labyrinth, and that stupid bot delayed them for almost thirty seconds, more than enough to lose a trail if flying at top speed.

"Mission control, do we have any way to track that woman's route? Or at least a map?" She already dreaded the response, but she had to ask.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-27 at 02:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Banned

Mireio paused for a bit to think before replying. "Do you know anything about the layout of the sewers? Which way would she be most likely to have headed from here?"

Going into the sewer might not be pleasant, but a criminal, or more likely a group of criminals, was on the loose and catching them was the duty they were gathered for. She was not going to let her first mission end like this without the resolution that catching the woman would give, nor would she allow the people of Cranagan to suffer under more attacks like the one in the warehouse. So they had to follow her, no matter what.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm looking for a layout of the sewers as we speak... ah, there we go! Uh oh... that doesn't look good... there's a lot of crossing paths here... I don't have any way of sending the plans directly to you, so I will have to navigate you by words. Are you okay with that?"

Suddenly Melina joins the conversation.

"I'm trying to arrange for the ground army to cut off the segment of the sewers underneath the warehouse. If that woman doesn't leave the area before that happens, we might be able to catch her."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    "I'm looking for a layout of the sewers as we speak... ah, there we go! Uh oh... that doesn't look good... there's a lot of crossing paths here... I don't have any way of sending the plans directly to you, so I will have to navigate you by words. Are you okay with that?"
    It's more than Taltha expected, t be honest. This day hadn't proven their lucky day up to now, so she had half-expected that whatever computer the sewer net was stored in, had crashed five minutes ago or something of the sort.

"We won't be able to capitalize as much in speed that way, but it's all we have. Thanks, mister Albin"

She wonders for a moment whether it was worth it to boost the speed of the remaining people then, or whether it would be best to heal them and boost something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Suddenly Melina joins the conversation.

"I'm trying to arrange for the ground army to cut off the segment of the sewers underneath the warehouse. If that woman doesn't leave the area before that happens, we might be able to catch her."
    Taltha thinks for a moment

"What method do you intend to use to cut the paths off? Because she has proven able - and willing - to just blast a physical obstacle. We don't know if she has enough cartridges to do that again, but I'd really prefer it if we had a way that didn't force us to take that chance"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-27 at 03:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

"Hey, Chen don't move quite yet." Lucius moved over and prepared healing touch. "Perhaps someone can give Albin and Melina a physical description and name, prehaps there might be some information in the system about her." Since even though he could describe her, the others might have gotten her name. I don't like this, I think she had this escape plan ready. Though we might be able to take her down, if she isn't ready for us.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[12]

Albin:
    "No problem - it's my job, after all!"

Melina:
    "They are going to set up guard posts and patrols. I am trying to arrange for a barrier, but it seems it won't be available quickly enough."

Lucius heals Chen's bruises and restores her to full health once again.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-27 at 05:27 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Let's see...tall, muscled, yellow eyes, brown hair, some kind of bizarre she-mullet, and dresses like a high schooler smoking behind the gym," Tara reports. "Not sure if that was her barrier jacket or casual clothes, though. She didn't answer when I asked her name."

"Chen, Mireio, everyone ready? Let's go!" Tara's off as soon as she's been boosted and the debris is cleared away, helping to do the latter by cutting through things if possible.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

"Well, if Chen's fully healed and if I don't need DrascinTaltha to boost my speed, I'm ready." So far, Lucius was the only member of the group not to have anything take a shot at him, yet. "Also, Mireio, I do have something you can do for me later. I'll let you know after we catch her."
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-08-28 at 01:03 PM. Reason: because I'm an idiot sometimes

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks, miss Melina. That should help us, at least, spot her"

Taltha finishes the spell and, still not too sure, but unwilling to let the spell energy go to waste, she nonetheless lets it go and boosts Chen's speed. If we spot her we might have to give pursuit, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    "Well, if Chen's fully healed and if I don't need Drascin to boost my speed, I'm ready." So far, Lucius was the only member of the group not to have anything take a shot at him, yet. "Also, Mireio, I do have something you can do for me later. I'll let you know after we catch her."
    (Pssst - the character's name is Taltha )

"Alright, then. You are right - she is most likely gaining terrain on us every second we lose" And I don't want to leave the patrols to deal alone with that madwoman, she thinks to herself, while heading for the hole (I assume Tara will have turned the debris into itty-bitty pieces by now)

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

"Ready when you are, Tara. Now let's be off." They were finally ready to deal with the woman and with any luck they would manage it before she encountered any of the ordinary troops of the ground forces. Jumping into the hole she tried to get her bearings and determine which way would be the most reasonable to go in.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"With that description, I wouldn't be surprised if she possessed a completely foul personality! And, umm, no - the database shows no results. Whomever she is, she didn't perform any criminal activity previously, or it wasn't discovered."

Those of you who jump into the hole find that, right before it reaches the sewer, the way is blocked by a transparent, purple field! A small, round device lies on the floor below - it's probably the source.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

After jumping behind of Tara and Mireio, Taltha finds herself as stopped by the barrier as them.

"Hm. I did not think her thoughtful enough to cover her retreat, to be honest" she says, frustrated, as she eyes the device, trying to identify it and a good way to get through.

(Translation: can I make use of that +18 Knowledge modifier of mine to try to know what that device is and how to break this barrier?)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

(Yup. Roll.)

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

(Here it goes, then)

Knowledge - (1d20+18)[21]

(Yay. A 3. Again. Stupid forum roller)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-28 at 08:16 AM.