New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Voyage of the Golden Dragon (Eberron, 3.5 D&D)

"well at least it wasn't a fireball..... "

KAsten casts another sumon deathless I and sends his warrior into the ship.
    trill in da playground

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

To those seeking shelter near the stairwell... well, I'm going to just give the assassin 10 on his listen check. Still, that isn't enough to detect what's coming at you.

Nico's attempt at listening does not go unrewarded, however. He does indeed hear something - an immensely powerful deafening blow, emanating from somewhere near the stairwell.

So powerful is it, you are - well, let's just roll for damage to see what happens.

(2d6)[7] Sonic Damage to Nico and Anassir

Roll a Fortitude save to see how you react to the roar.

Regardless of how you take it, you quickly see the cause of the bellow. Something is standing at the bottom of the 25-foot stairwell. This unusual brute has a squat, centaurlike form, with deep azure
    skin. Its elongated head has two mouths stacked upon each other
    and four menacing eyes. It doesn't look particularly friendly.

As for Ra, Marle, and Daffyd, and Kasten you are able not now see the interior of the crashed airship.
    The inside is much worse than the outside. Gear, ropes, and all manner of other items are either smashed against the floor, forming a heavy, slowing layer of debris, or are sickeningly stuck into the self-repairing sinews of the ship. The material itself is now more available to you; it feels somewhat spongy and soft, though the areas that are formed and hardened feel like vulcanized rubber.

The Deathless you now summon is a pale Elf in gleaming chainmail. His coif has a long tassle that floats and flutters as he charges into the intersection. This one is more lucky, and does not explode when he gets near the ship.

The interior of the ship is also somewhat dark. No artificial light keeps the ship lit, and there are few cracks in the hull to let it in. There is enough to see something of a layout. I don't want to go into great detail, but you can just imagine that you're climbing over things and it's all confusing.

X---| |------------------ |
    X-----------| |------------|

So realistically, you have two exits. The 'X's are blocking debris.

You think you can hear chanting.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

[spoiler](1d20+7)[11][spoiler]

Nico attempts as much of the following as possible, depending on the result:

Spoiler
    Show
    Nico turns to Anassiair: I think I'll take my chances in the ship.

Nico casts Swift Expeditious Retreat and moves towards the party (up to 120 feet).

If Nico reaches the party:

Spoiler
    Show

There's some kind of creature in the stairwell - sapphire skin, a pair of mouths, two sets of eyes - I'm not sure what it is, but it has got a hell of a scream. As soon as I saw, or rather heard it I made a dash for it.

Nico takes a quick glance behind him. Damn! I don't see Anassir. Hopefully he's as tough as he looks.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"woah, creepy. My soldier, please move at the front of our group. Allright, which way should go,guys?"
    trill in da playground

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Marle raises an eyebrow.
    Better the critter's down there than up here. Now, you guys lead the way for a lady, if you would?
    She has a tight little grin as she says this.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Daffyd

"Leading the way it is. 'Kay." The halfling toddles into the ship after the creepy elfthing. He takes out an everburning torch and elects to try the entry nearest to him/on the bottom, figuring Sethous would be in the bowels of the blob if he were still inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that layout viewed from the top down or facing forward? I'm not clear on whether the two entries are doorways on two levels or both hatches in the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Ra looks dubiously at the entrance as he clears his head, "I am not sure that I am going to fit through that opening."

(ooc-would he?)

He taps at the frame of the doorway, wondering if he could widen it with a quick chop or two of his massive sword.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Marle slips past the Warforged and enters Shrouded Dancer, following Daffyd with her rapier at the ready.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

eek Re: Voyage of the Golden Dragon (Eberron, 3.5 D&D)

Ra could easily smash through the wood, if he so chose. Well, not easily, but easy enough that a 10 or so would so it.

The image was supposed to be a top-down view.

The deathless, not really having much in the way of specific orders, makes his way to the left. Deftly Knocking down the door, he stumbles over some heavy, semi-flaming wreckage into what looks like the galley- though it's upside-down.

Nico is unable to hear a thing save an extremely heavy ringing in his ears. He does, however, make his way across the roof to the ship, and now stands just outside the entrance.

The deathless makes a soft, almost comforting hissing noise. His voice is an extremely audible whisper. "There is an uncanny sensation manifesting itself from somewhere near here. It feels... unnatural. Unsettling. Positively... aberrant.

Amid the creaking sound of the ship, the sound of crackling flames and the occasional snap is also audible. From somewhere deeper inside the ship, you can hear someone - or something - yelp.

Finally, the area you are standing on appears to be the solid stone roof of Arcanix. The downed ship is much more contorted on the inside than the outside, giving a 'falling' feeling. And the sinews that hold the ship together are starting to seem more like flesh...

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

After a moment of perusal, Ra hefts his double sword in both hands and raises it above his head. With a whoosh, he brings it down in a tightly spinning arc, smashing into the tissue of the ship's exit.

hit: (1d20+8)[21] (power attack -2/+2; which is as much as i can do now)
    damage: (2d6+10)[18]

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Does anyone have knowledge: Aracana?

Slowly moving through the wreckage, Kasten and Ses'lith follow the deathless
    trill in da playground

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nico concentrates for a moment and renews the effects of Force Screen, then moves to keep up with the party.

Looking around he sees what the party already knows - that there is something not right about this ship.

Nico ponders the fleshy cables for a moment. This craft... I have the feeling that I may have heard about it before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Though it was likely constructed through Arcane means, there's always the chance it was created via Psionics.

Knowledge: Psionics (1d20+9)[28]

Nico glances over his shoulder from time to time, hoping to see Anassir, or tp at least spot the monster before it catches the party unaware.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Marle

This is just creepy. What's he doing, making it alive or something?

The half-elf quietly moves deeper into the ship with the others, keeping a tight grip on her blade.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, somebody does have Knowledge (Arcana).

Move Silently: (1d20+2)[22]
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+5)[9]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Daffyd

Stepping over the detritus strewn about the ersatz rooftop, Daffyd turns his head this way and that curiosuly. He moves toward whichever hatch it sounds like the yelping/chanting came from - or, given a choice, the bottom/right/near one and checks it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    And someone has a little more!
    Kn: Arcana: (1d20+6)[14]
    Kn: Planes: (1d20+6)[16]
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

No knowledge is gained through Psionics.

Knowledge: The Planes only tells you that the material is fleshy, spongy... and probably not extraplanar. It feels very basic and organic, rather than elementally strange or particularly aligned.

Knowledge: Arcana tells you that this material appears to be growing. It also tells you that Dungeoneering would be better suited to your needs.
    This is probably the work of Sethous. He was known for using the Daelkyr's mastery of the flesh to shape his means. This terrifying discovery; that the mad mage may very well be turning this husk of a ship into a living, breathing aberration of nature - is horrifying.

What's worse is that you are in it.

With fortuitous timing, the walls appear to be shifting, taking on a different hue. The ship appears to almost... sigh as the roof moves a little higher, and the walls sort of shift; as if it's trying to wake.

Daffyd finds the hatch handle locked. However, he's in luck; it's damaged enough from the assult to just push down.

Inside is what was crew quarters.

Was.

Now, it's something much worse. Roll a Will save.

It's hard to describe the unspeakable horrors of what you see here. Almost as if spewn from Xoriat itself, this room writhes with horror after horror. Tentacles snagger, walls creak and crack. Sinews of brown and eyes of blue cover the floor, and more than a few mouths seem to gasp unintelligible words - not that you'd want to understand them.

And at the center of the room stands a figure wearing exotic robes. Potions, wands, rods, and all manner of gear hang from every available buckle, saddle, and belt. Sethous was always a purveyor of all things magical; whether they were useful or not, as long as they interested him, he would obtain them.
    The figure has a short patch of scruff at his chin, beginning to grey towards the bottom. A short ponytail hangs down from neatly-kept and straight hair. A few gems are inlaid into earrings and pendants around his neck, and a mouth uttering unpronouncable unhingences complements the flitteringly closed eyes.

All in all, it is a horror that is hard to swallow. Anyone else who enters the room needs to make a will save.

[/FONT]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc-
    initiative: (1d20+1)[8]

if there are no obstacles in the way by the time it is my turn, or if i can move first to a spot where no obstacles would be in my way:
    charge (-2/+2 power attack): (1d20)[16]+8
    damage (horn; as primary attack): (2d6+9)[17]
    AC would be 27 till end of turn.

if i can't charge when it is my turn, standard attack with sword after move action. use same mechanics, only +6 to hit instead of +8.

Ra sees the wizard amid his strange creations and lowers his stance as he prepares to rush the deranged human.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

((Um...Sty, we're not going into combat just yet.))

Marle

Marle claps a hand to her mouth as they enter, her eyes widening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+4)[5]

...crap.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-08-31 at 04:37 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Mouth slightly agape Kasten tries to steel himself at the sight of the horror.

Spoiler
    Show
    willsave [roll]+5 Hmmm..... How do I roll on the threads?
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-08-31 at 10:44 AM.
    trill in da playground

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: To roll - [roll](what you want to roll here)[/roll]. So if your Will save is +5 you'd put in 1d20+5.

Nico recoils at the sight of the foul magics that have been wrought upon the craft.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+7)[12]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

((Um...Sty, we're not going into combat just yet.))
    any reason in particular? ra isn't going to wait for an invitation. and he doesn't have to will save against the effect, so instead, he charges.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

nevermind, just read the ooc's latest...

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Marle's initiative (bearing in mind that natural 1 on the will save...): (1d20+2)[14]
    Dodge designated against the BBEG, too.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Will save: (1d20+5)[15]
    trill in da playground

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolling for init, not sure if I made the Will save, though = (1d20+2)[10]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Daffyd

Looking down at the creepy crawly room below, Daffyd frowns slightly. "Hunh. Isn't that something." He then scoots along the nearest bulkhead to make way for the rest of the party, standing on the nearest portion of the wall which isn't looking at him or likely to bite him. Thus situated, Daffyd lets fly a powerful bolt from his thrusting fist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Walking on the gooey walls with Spiderclimb, because I can.
    Init: (1d20+2)[10]
    Will save: (1d20+13)[27]
    Empowered Eldritch Blast, Touch attack: (1d20+8)[24]; Dmg (4d6)[17] x 1.5 = 25 dmg
    Last edited by Ditto; 2008-09-01 at 08:22 PM.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everyone made the Will Save. Yaaaay!

Without warning or explanation, the wizard turns to you. His eyes, formerly gently close, open wide. Wider than any human's eyes normally can.
    The white, unnatural gleam in his sockets is clear. He looks... uncanny.

"Sometimes' it's the curve of a rist or what's left of roance, still hiding in the drawer of some long lost nightstand carefully drawn in the margins of an old discared calendar."

Sethous throws his arms and legs into the air, and the sinews of the ship rapidly grow to encompass him as well.

He now stands, elevated and hanging in the air by a few feet, his arms and legs covered in the flesh of this living monstrosity, mad rants spewing from his mouth, intermixed with spells.

(6d6)[24] A ball of fire (hence, a fireball) flings at the ground beneath your feet. (You'll need a Reflex save for this, now, too.)

As the fire singes across the cold roof of Arcanix, it too scorches the ship's wood and the fleshy sinews that hold this monstosity together. Sethous is noticeably pained.

Another loud groan emanates from the ship, like some arcane giant trying to rise from a long nap, reaching for the sky, trying to stand up but knocking the cricks and cracks in its spine first.

Ra's also makes a great charge. Hit! Hooray!
    Did you roll for damage? 'cuz you directly punched Sethous in the face just as he was about to extricate himself into the ship.

EDIT: Damage from everyone noted. If you haven't rolled for initiative, which I think everyone has, it looks something like:

Sethous, Marle, Nico... Daffyd, Ra's...
    Last edited by Phantom.exe; 2008-09-01 at 10:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

((Whew!!))

Marle

The lithe half-elf dives to avoid most of the fireball's blast, springing to her feet looking a little singed.
    Get him good, big guy!
    She raises her rapier and rushes towards the wizard...

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: Mage Armour still active. Sethous designated as Dodge opponent.
    Reflex save: (1d20+4)[19]
    Attack: (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-01 at 10:33 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

(Hey, so am I and Ses'lith in this combat? I can't tell...)
    trill in da playground

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You're there, aren't you? Why wouldn't you be?

The ship groans more. The ceiling seems a little higher.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't see that you rolled an attack.

After a quick flip to the right, Marle's sword slashes through Sethous's wringly collarbone, forcing blood in a nice arc as the weapon curves through the air after the hit.