New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [4e] WarCraft: Sands of Time OOC Thread

In unrelated news, the Hare Hare Yukai is addictive to watch.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Just checking, but everyone does know that the IC thread is back up, right? The way the game was left, there is some roleplaying that is possible.

Also, I'm curious to know what happened to Joseph Silver and Lord_Asmodeus. Did you guys forget or something?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shirani View Post
    In unrelated news, the Hare Hare Yukai is addictive to watch.
    Long live Haruhi!

4. - Top - End - #94

PirateCaptain

D&D Related: Anyone see the new Barbarian playtest rules? It is pure win. I can't wait to see the Druid.

Not D&D Related: Recently I've been having a hankering to play some World of Darkness. Would anyone be interested in a play by post game of Demon: the Fallen or Werewolf: the Apocalypse? Failing that I can always run a 1e Exalted game. :P I figure it's easier to ask here rather then open up a brand new recruiting thread.
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-10-06 at 05:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

D&D Related: No, I haven't looked at the new rules, but I've heard it's pretty awesome. I'll have to take a look later today.

Non-D&D Related: I'd be up for either one, though I'm leaning a little bit more towards the Exalted game, but either one would work for me.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Can'twaitfor our usual time tomorrow. Lets try to get started on time ok so we don'tall have to go in the middle!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Is there any chance I could still start playing again?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, where the game? I don't see it.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

He hasn't launched it yet, don't worry. It is going to be a very interesting game, no?

10. - Top - End - #100

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Is there any chance I could still start playing again?

Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Hey, where the game? I don't see it.
    Patience, young grasshopper.

11. - Top - End - #101

PirateCaptain

Server is up. Poru is having issues joining.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Come on everyone! Sign on!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Where is everyone? I know I'm not on yet, but that's because of a download problem. Make sure you have the latest version of maptool, b45.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

possible remake of character to do a Cha-Wizard:

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]

15. - Top - End - #105

PirateCaptain

I need to stress the importance of both keeping track of the OOC and IC threads ( at least once a day, please ), posting in the IC thread and giving me prior warning if you won't be able to show up. I know last night there was a delay but I'd appreciate it if more people IMed me or posted in the OOC thread.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Well what are we going to do now? Are we re-creating characters? Will we stay where we are or kinda jump to a new game with the same general premise?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Also, which players responded to your PMs? Is everyone still onboard, or did some quit? That will help determine what we do as well.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

I sorry that I had to miss our last game (because of a Jewish holiday) but I happy to say that I will not miss our next game.

Also what did I miss?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

nothing. Only two of us showed up. the game is about to end and a new one to begin I think.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Yeah, we pretty much just talked about the state of the game, but I'm glad to see that at least someone who didn't show is still interested. I'm sure that Shirani will be fine with you missing the session, Keler.

As to what is going to happen... well, who knows...

21. - Top - End - #111

PirateCaptain

Attendance

I need PMs or posts or e-mails or IMs or however you want to contact me. Whoever hasn't replied by next Thursday is out. The OOC thread is our primary venue of converse and I'm making it mandatory that it gets used.

Game System

Discuss amongst yourselves. I'm prepared to run D&D 3.5e, D&D 4e, World of Darkness and Exalted ( First Edition ).

Characters

Read this and be able to answer the three things covered by the blog entry; the image, question and purpose.

http://exchangeofrealities.today.com...e-foundations/

*If we stick with D&D 4e remake your characters as you see fit, same level ( 7th ) with equivalent wealth for your level as listed in the DMG.

Setting

You decide where we're playing. Discuss it amongst yourselves.

Campaign

You're the ones who make this happen I just provide the detours and reactions. "Here is this Keep and it is on the Borderlands. There are Caves near by. Do something." YOU pick the area of play, YOU pick your motivations, YOU decide what course the campaign is going.

So at the risk of sounding crass, entertain me!
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-10-13 at 01:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, if we are going to start a new game I have several questions and comments.

I think my first question is going to be, do we need to recruit any more players to keep the game going? It seems that at the moment that we have only 3 or 4 people playing.

As for the game system, I only have the 4th edition player"s handbook and the 3rd edition player"s handbook so I don't know if I could play 3.5, World of Darkness, or Exalted. Can one find the rules for World of Darkness and Exalted online?

For setting, if we continue with DnD, I wouldn't mind trying the Tears of Blood setting.

23. - Top - End - #113

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Keler View Post
    I think my first question is going to be, do we need to recruit any more players to keep the game going? It seems that at the moment that we have only 3 or 4 people playing.
    Maybe. I'd prefer a group of 2-4 tops as ours proved to be too unwieldy.

As for the game system, I only have the 4th edition player"s handbook and the 3rd edition player"s handbook so I don't know if I could play 3.5, World of Darkness, or Exalted. Can one find the rules for World of Darkness and Exalted online?
    I can get everyone the pdfs for any Exalted, World of Darkness, 3.5e or 4e books needed.

For setting, if we continue with DnD, I wouldn't mind trying the Tears of Blood setting.
    Tears of What?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

I tried to get in last week but I couldn't find it... I still like this game, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep playing (because of how far ahead you guys are) I'm sorry for not being able to play for so long.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tears of Blood: A Community World-Building Project is a homebrew setting being made in the Homebrew Design section, although it is incomplete at the moment.

26. - Top - End - #116

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    I tried to get in last week but I couldn't find it... I still like this game, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep playing (because of how far ahead you guys are) I'm sorry for not being able to play for so long.
    That's why I made this post. I'll be trying to IM\PM\E-mail everyone else who's been absent lately but it's there loss if they don't buck up and pay attention.

Tears of Blood: A Community World-Building Project is a homebrew setting being made in the Homebrew Design section, although it is incomplete at the moment.
    Reading through it the attempts at making it gritty and grim with d20 just don't sit well with me. It'd be even harder to accomplish with 4e and my preference for horror\realism\dark themes is with Storyteller and the World of Darkness or Call of Cthulhu.
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-10-13 at 01:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

I cast my vote for 4e. As far as setting goes.. I kinda liked the WoW game. But I am up for whatever.

28. - Top - End - #118

PirateCaptain

Need more votes on setting and game system. Make sure you voice your opinion on this!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

As much as I like 3e, I've got some of those going as well but no 4e games, so I wish to do 4e. As for a campaign, I vote for one where we are given the deed to some land at the edge of civilization in which stands the ruins of a small castle, and we have to build a city there!

Or we can continue to play int he world of warcraft. I like the WoW setting.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-10-13 at 07:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I personally like 4e and though I have two other 4e games going, it is still very fun and each game is extremely different. So I cast my vote for 4e, but I'd don't mind playing another system if it comes to that.

As for the setting, I really like the WoW setting, but if it's too much work for Shirani, then we should move to a different. However, if work is not a problem, I cast my vote for the continuation of the WoW setting.

And just a comment on people playing, I can understand Keler not being there, and Frosty and I were there. But for LA and Starsinger, what happened to you guys? I mean updates about the server are posted here every Thursday. There really isn't an excuse to miss one unless its religious like last Thursday for Keler. I know I may sound harsh, but we do need to have a solid group of players because, and I'm sure you know this as well, it's annoying and detrimental to the game to always have to catch people up.

Just as yet another note(I know this post is a lot longer than I had intended... didn't know I could be this wordy) I am going to go ahead and create a fighter for the group since Joseph seems to have vanished. I'll have the character sheet done by tomorrow night. By the way, for my background, how far back can my hero be from? It won't affect the crunch of the character, but I'd like to know so I can adjust the background accordingly.

Okay, last question, I think. How much gold does a new character starting at level 7 get? Just wondering so I can get a good idea of my equipment limits.
    Last edited by Poru93; 2008-10-14 at 08:51 PM.