New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hell Raisers

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Hell Raisers

Levi

They are in our way, so we might as well! as Levi slashes at the vines with his claws, trying best he can to "artfully" cut them.

Spoiler
    Show

attack with size modifier
    (d20+2)[16]

Damage
    [roll]d3+1[roll]

(d20+2)[7]

Damage
    [roll]d3+1[roll]

(d20+2)[5]

Damage
    [roll]d3+1[roll]

err sigh...screwed up damage rolls again...
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-08-26 at 04:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

(d3+1)[4]

(d3+1)[4]

(d3+1)[2]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Narrator

So that Rylian one, he was a fatling at the time, goes to chop the roots. Next thing he knows, BOOM-BAM he's gettin' hanged nine ways to Sunday. Seems them roots had its own ideas of what was goin' down.

Spoiler
    Show
    As Rylian swings, the roots twist and dodge out of the way. The tunnels are suddenly alive with squirming. Tendrils and shoots lash out at everyone, clinging to limbs.

Rylian gets the worst of it. Three stalks thicker than his arms smack him. One wraps directly around his neck while the the others each grab a leg - pulling him in opposing directions as if to draw and quarter him.

Rylian takes 10 blunt damage (minus off DR etc if you have it) as the vines slam and the twist him. He is now grappled.

Levi manages to scratch the stalks as they whip past him. A thick, oozing, blood red sap seeps out and coats his claws.

((Combat Order from here:
    1. Everyone else
    2. Rylian (grappled)
    3. Vines

As everyone posts please include a reflex save to avoid getting entangled in the squiring shoots.))
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-08-27 at 01:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Glob:

"You idiots! Leave that plant alone and get out of here! Follow me! Everyone who doesn't have one, take one of these knives!"
    Glob tries to evade the grabbing tendrils, flying down the corridor out of reach of the hungry plant, then dropping the pile of knives.

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex: (1d20+10)[11]
    if grappled:
    Escape Artist:
    (1d20+5)[7]
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

wow, so attacking them puts me LATER in the initiative, fun times! Well whenever my turn comes up here is what I do, not quite sure how we "wait for everyone else, hopefully they get online tonight at some point, but assuming the vines arnt dead before my turn.....

Growing ferocious, Levi tears frantically at the vines and stinging them with his tail (hopefully) causing spots of ice to appear on the vines

Spoiler
    Show

and still taking the -2 for being crowded

Full Attack: 2 claws 1 stinger

Claw 1
    Attack: (d20+1)[19]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[4]

Claw 2
    Attack: (d20+1)[10]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[2]

Stinger
    Attack: (d20+3)[22]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[3]
    Fortitude Save: 14
    if fail (2d4)[6] cold damage and that will be each round

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

and reflex save: (d20+5)[15]
    and my character is a bit bloodthirsty so he is going to ignore the cries of "flee" for this round
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-08-26 at 07:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does the plant have improved grapple or a similar ability? If not, then I should get an AoO.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

8. - Top - End - #38

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) the plant does have improved grapple or similar, dun dun duuuu.

2) Ixious, given the way you and Rylian were 'hacking' I made the timeline=rylian swing, disturbing plant, and you being the first to react afterwards and took your top roll as your attack for the turn. But I see your point so I will include you in that little "surprise round".

Thus everyone can make their one posting (I am ignoring initiative most of the time for speed, if anyone has issues let me know)

3) Oh, and Glob manages to be the first one to get entangled...so much for his fleeing.
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-08-26 at 10:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Lem

Lem bounced up and down when Rylian was about to get hacking, but bumped his head against the ceiling again. Then, he looked sad as Rylian missed when the vines started moving and squirming, just like the rest of them. He saw Levi attack while Glob got entangled and so tried to do his best to stay out of the vines. Lem then proceeded to poke with the broom at the beast, trying to help Levi with his attack as he tried to distract the plant so that Levi had a better way at striking. Unfortunately, as Lem tried, he suffered from the smaller space they are in as he tries to strike at the thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (1d20+6)[16]

Aid Another Attack: (1d20+6)[20] (-2 if entangled)
    +3 to hit for Levi's next attack if attack roll is above 10.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    waiting for a post from DM to start next turn before i take that nicely aided attack, figure even though initiative is moot it still isn't a good idea for those of us who are online a bit too much to just assrape the mobs while the dm is with his grandmother LOL

11. - Top - End - #41

Krisper, Thrugle, and Vrith(dragging)

With a whimper, the elder imp curls up while mumbling about tax brackets. Thrugle is little help in any stressful situations as the old imp's mind tends to buckle easily. Math makes him feel better.

The small elemental flares and snarls at the tendrils. The entangling roots seems to draw back and avoid the heat. Although Krisper swings and flares at the roots, they keep their distance and avoid major burns.

Vrith scratches at the roots encircling his legs. He finds a small bit of sap for his efforts.

((Now back to Rylian, then plants))
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-08-27 at 01:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Rylian

"get off, vines. me not like this."

OOC: Fast healing 3, so I've taken a total of 7 damage.

Escape grapple roll (Unlikely to succeed, but one of my smarter options): (1d20+9)[16]
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-08-27 at 05:05 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

13. - Top - End - #43

The Roots

The fat little morsel in its grasp puts up quite a struggle. Although the prey does not escape, its bulk combined with the frantic twisting prevent the tendrils from managing a crushing hold.

Rylian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fail to get loose, however, your efforts prevent the plant from constricting you (I rolled your grapple defense which you then won). So you are still grappled but take no damage this turn from the vines.

So many other morsels remain close by. The roots send more of its smaller growths toward the other heat-forms. The pale roots reach for you all again.

All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another round of reflex saves each round to avoid becoming entagled, DC=13

The rustling and chaos of the small cavern rouses two mats of decaying flesh near the trinkets. These small mounds quiver and open to reveal a disgusting, amorphous fungus. These fungi also move.

The first mass stretches and rolls toward Lem. Pseudopods dangle out and swing slowly in his direction. The Lemure easily dodges the crawling mass trying to touch him.

A yard away the second fungi bubbles along to Glob. The mass tries to simply roll over and engulf the entangled devil. The presence of these mats moving within the small and enclosed space is staggering. The smell of their past wretched meals still bubbles and spews from what must be feeding pockets all along their sinewy bodies. It was disgusting when you first washed this slop into the grates, and it is a magnitude worse now half-digested.

All:
    Spoiler
    Show

OK, everyone can now post the next round of actions.

Please include:
    1) Reflex save to avoid the roots entanglement (DC13)
    2) A Fort Save to avoid being sickened by the horrible smell of these new fungi (DC12)

Glob:
    The fungus is trying to engulf you. So include in your actions first either the AoO (possible auto-engulf), or the reflex save (-4 due to entangled) to get out of the way (DC12)

Then act as normal, Assume you are engulfed if you fail the reflex save or do not do 10 damage or more on the AoO.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

posting the defenses then likely sleeping for a bit, been a long long night

Reflex
    (d20+5)[14]

Fortitude
    (d20+6)[25]

both succeed, now attack rolls

Claw1
    A:[roll]d20+3[/roll]
    D:[roll]d3+1[/roll]

Claw2
    A:[roll]d20+3[/roll]
    D:[roll]d3+1[/roll]

Stinger
    A:[roll]d20+5[/roll]
    D:[roll]1d3+1+1[/roll]
    and D:[roll]2d4[/roll] frost damage Fort save 14, the damage is lingering so if you didnt save last time it's this and the last 2d4 roll too, i think, might be wrong, just got back from a 6 hour 4ed so my brain might be scrambled
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-08-28 at 03:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ok what did i do wrong there....syntax looks fine but it didn't roll it....

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Lem

While Lem is able to dodge the new fungi, it scared him quite silly, causing him to bounce up and bump his head again. Furthermore, due to the surprise, Lem dropped the broom he was holding. Angered by this, and distracted, Lem focuses his attention on the fungus and attacks with both claws at the fungus, trying to hit the thing that made him drop his broom. However, as he does, he notices that vines have wrapped around him and are restraining his movements even further than the already cramped area is doing. Further, he feels yucky because of the awful smell he is smelling. Coughing because of it, Lem had little chance to hit the fungus before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20+6)[9] - Fail
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+6)[8] - Fail
    Cramped, entangled and sickened.
    -4 ac: 6 ac.

Drop Broom
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[18] (-6, thus 12, because of cramped, entangle and sickened)
    Damage Roll: (1d4)[4]
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[14] (-6, thus 10, because of cramped, entangle and sickened)
    Damage Roll: (1d4)[2]
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-08-28 at 07:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Rylian

"off of me, stupid vines!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healed another three damage, only four damage taken.
    Escape grapple roll: (1d20+9)[23]
    Reflex: (1d20+5)[22]
    Fortitude: (1d20+7)[27]

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

18. - Top - End - #48

Vacation Update:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am taking off for two weeks on the coast. I will be back Sept 18th so hopefully we can all pick up then.

Bene

19. - Top - End - #49

((Hi Everyone,

I have returned from an amazing vacation, but unfortunately will not be returning to PbP gaming. The break game me a chance to focus on reorganizing and refocusing my time/life.

I have lots of things I want to take up and shift my time toward, and unfortunately online gaming is one of the things that must be cut to make it all happen.

I really enjoyed my time with you and wish you much enjoyment in future games.

Bene))

((P.S. If any of you want to pick up this game and run it in my place please feel free))