New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Elijah, Halfling Paladin

The blade springs back and out, sweeping across the murderer's stomach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy Strike (Lex): (d20+4)[9] vs AC
    Damage: (d8+5)[6]
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

Just when you thought you had the advantage,
    A riddle backstabbed you for critical damage.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wrafton's Inn

The spit in your eye cuts your depth perception, and the blade swings wide of the mark.

Spoiler
    Show

Obe - 16
    Razz - 14
    Shylan - 13
    Lex - 8
    Elijah - 3
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-15 at 11:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153

Shylain
    23/26 hp
    AC 16
    F/R/W 14/12/15

Taking another strike at Lex, Hoping that this would be the last one he would need to make.

Spoiler
    Show

Striking at Lex with Righteous Brand
    (1d20+5)[23] vs AC
    (1d10+3)[12] and Elijah get's +3 bonus to next attack roll against him

with Elijah's attack, did he include the +2 flank bonus and the +3 bonuse from righteous brand... not sure if the +5 bonus would help....
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-10-16 at 12:04 AM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, I didn't...the first because I wasn't aware we were flanking, and the second because 'against' makes it sound like it applies to an attack targeting me, and I factored that to Defense. Still, a 14 versus Ac probably wouldn't hit...
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155

Wrafton's Inn

Shylain's spear cracks through Lex's armour piercing his heart. His eyes go wide for a moment, then slowly his eyelids drop and his body falls heavily to the floor.

Salvana rises from behind the counter, a look of shock on her face. She looks over at Lord Padraig, who seemed to be in midstride, ready to intervene when the battle ended. "Padraig, call the..."

She is interrupted by the portly gate guard stepping into the inn. "I head noises, what's..." He looks at the bodies on the ground, then at Padraig.

"Go get the captain, and get someone to find Valthrun." Padraig orders the guard. The guard nods and waddles out and Lord Padraig approaches you. "Bit of a mess you got into on your first day in Winterhaven. Adventurers I assume? Lord Padraig," He introduces himself. He nods at the corpse of the barbarian. "Your friend fought well, if only briefly. We've had that pair come to town several times, but they never made any trouble."

"No trouble..." Salvana echoes, entranced by the corpses.

"Any idea why they attacked you?"

Spoiler
    Show

You have to convince Padraig to raise Razz, the better you do, the cheaper it will end up being. Basically look around the inn and talk to people to get clues.

Also, I'll be changing the Raise Dead rule so that the -1 lasts until 1 milestone per tier (non-consecutive). Don't worry I will give you plenty of chances to reach a milestone

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Elijah, Halfling Paladin

Elijah returns the greeting with a bow, stiff and formal in the presence of nobility. "A pleasure to meet you, Lord Padraig...though, I would have wished for better circumstances." The halfling's brown eyes land on Razz when the lord speaks of him, a slight nod and a numb "Yes, he did," being the only reply.

The little knight then sheathes his blade, motioning to himself and his remaining compatriot. "I am Elijah, and my friend is named Shylain. The only clue we have so far is what happened before they appeared...I was speaking to - Mrs. Wrafton, I assume? - about a man we had been employed to find and perhaps rescue, when these two men came up and questioned me about what I was doing. I answered, and this was the result. Seems a rescue will be required, after all..." Elijah shakes his head while he looks upon the bodies once more, lingering on the body of Razz. He then looks up to the innkeeper. "I apologize for this, ma'am. We should have found a better way to end this than in...blood. Is there any way we can make restitution to you?"
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157

Wrafton's Inn

"Miss Wrafton. And you can start by paying their tab." She now seems quite upset that there are three bodies bleeding out on her floor. "3 gold pieces should cover it."

Padraig adds. "I'll have my men clean up this mess."

8. - Top - End - #158

Shylain

Restrapping his spear onto his back and looking around the room, Shylain nods to the lord when he approaches. It would seem that they had a problem with us trying to rescue and find Douven. I believe they may have had something invested in his disappearance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

9. - Top - End - #159

Wrafton's Inn

Salvana pours herself a stiff drink. "He has only been gone a week, I never thought much of it."

Spoiler
    Show

Passive insight result: There was something odd about Obe during the fight.
    Roll two perception checks each, one for Lex and one for Obe if you want to search them.
    Also, the three of you get 100XP

Winterhaven Group One

The four of you, plus one corpse, reach the outer gate at sunset. The lanky guard sees Gariths body and points his spear tip at you. "What's going on here?"

Spoiler
    Show

1. Outer Gate and Walls
    2. Wrafton’s Inn
    3. Market Square
    4. Stables
    5. Smithy
    6. Valthrun’s Tower
    7. Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe
    8. Warrior Guild
    9. Tenements
    10. Temple
    11. Inner Gate
    12. Winterhaven Siege Supplies
    13. Winterhaven Barrack
    14. Manor House

10. - Top - End - #160

Shylain

Spoiler
    Show

Perception Rolls (1d20+3)[17], (1d20+3)[21]

Looking through the bodies, Shylain noticed something was ary with Obe during the fight, Also pausing to see the Lords reaction to the fight and the comments.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

11. - Top - End - #161

Wrafton's Inn

Spoiler
    Show
    On Lex's body you find Chainmail, a halberd a crossbow, 10 bolts and 10gp. On Obe, you find Hide armour, a battleaxe, two handaxes, 5gp and a little something extra:

Shylain puts his hand inside the berserker's armour, feeling something hard between the man's chest and his armour. He pulls out a small block, something encased in resin. Holding it up to the light, you can see that it is a tongue. Looking closer at it, you can see a brand burnt onto the flesh, a human skull with a pair of rams horns.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan-Ti Lu

Winterhaven

"We were ambushed by band of kobolds. Unfortunately, our friend Garith did not survive the battle."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Luke Mothan, Eladrin Wizard

Have you any place for us to honor his death? We would like to be prompt, as we have a task at hand.
    Libras D'lnar avatar by CSK

14. - Top - End - #164

Outer Gate

"Uh, yeah," he points westward, "follow the road until you reach the western wall, its the big building there. Seems Sister Linora's going to be busy tonight."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan-Ti Lu

After a while, the party reaches their destination. Kuan looks around to see if he can spot the sister.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (d20)[17] Ok, if this wasn't how we were supposed to get here, blame Eldmor. Since Jokes didn't magically get us here, I got forced to do it. If we were supposed to make small talk with the guy, well once again blame him.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Ander

While the rest of the group proceeds to the building they were directed to, Ander hangs back to continue talking to the guard.

"You say the Sister will be busy? Has there been death here?"

He glances around for signs of a recent plague, fire, or invasion.

17. - Top - End - #167

Shylain

Pulling out the item from Lex, Shylain grins while looking at it. Interesting population you have here Lord. He says holding it up towards the Lord of Winterhaven.

Did you say you would be able to get Razz taken care of, or is there someplace we need to take him? Also I believe we do have a job to still complete, Who knows some information about Douven?
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

18. - Top - End - #168

Wrafton's Inn (Shylain, Elijah)

Padraig takes the item and studies it for a second before realising what it is. "Ugh..." he holds the tongue gingerly, "yes, quite odd. Douven? Can't say I had much to do with him, only talked to him once, didn't really see him around much."

"M'lord," the door of the tavern opens and the Captain enters, flanked by several guards and an elderly looking scholar. "By the Gods, what happened here?"

"A bit of a scuffle broke out between some goons and these chaps." Padraig replies. "No need for arrests, they acted in self defence. But tell your men to take the bodies to the temple. Be careful with the dragon, he's with them."

"At once." He points at the corpses, and shakes his head at his guards. "Go on, get going."

The elderly scholar steps forward, noting the tongue in Padraig's hand. "Hmm, that's interesting..." He takes the tongue and turns it over in his hands.

Outer Gate (Ander)

"There was a fight in Wrafton's." He points at the building behind him. "I don't really know what happened 'cept that we had to drag three corpses out of there."

Temple (Einar, Kuan, Luke?)

Sister Linora is occupied, leaning over the body of a dragonborn and doesn't notice you enter. There are two other corpses, both wrapped in linen.

Spoiler
    Show
    The timeline is almost right...

19. - Top - End - #169

Shylain

Before heading out of the tavern to follow his friend's body, his interest is sparked by the elderly scholar. What seems to be so interesting about that? What information would you have about it for us?

Oh, and who would possibly know more information about the disappearance of Douven?
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

20. - Top - End - #170

Wraftons

"Hmm? Oh, I was just looking this over, and... well it looks like it was bitten off. I know that certain people will bite off their tongues if they fear being captured, but to keep it as a trophy?" Valthrun shudders. "And this mark, hmm, I'm not sure what to make of it... Do you mind if I keep a hold of this? I might have some information in my tower." The scholar pauses, considering your second question. "Douven... Hmm, I only saw him a couple of times here, spent a lot of time around Eilian." The farmer in the corner hasn't moved since you first entered the inn.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan-Ti Lu

Temple

Kuan attempts to get the sister's attention. "Excuse me, madam, but when you are done with that dragonborn, we need your assistance."
    Last edited by OnnaOtaku; 2008-10-24 at 11:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Temple

"Oh my," the sister looks up from the body. "Oh, not another one, was he involved in the brawl as well?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan-Ti Lu

"Brawl? No, madam, we were ambushed by kobolds. Where did this brawl happen?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Ander

Ander nods to the guard and heads to Wrafton's. He has killed too many times to be comfortable in a temple. Besides, he's hungry.

25. - Top - End - #175

Temple

"Oh, just a few hours ago, I guess." She waves her hand towards one of the stone altars. "You can put him there, do you want him raised?"

(I was waiting for something to happen in the Inn, but it looks like we lost our paladin too.)

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Luke Mothan, Eladrin Wizard

Raised? I'm not sure if we could afford that option.
    Luke seems a little uncomfortable and on edge in the temple. He was taught by his family to be wary of religion because heir basically another contender for local power.
    Libras D'lnar avatar by CSK

27. - Top - End - #177

Shylain

Hrm... Shylain stands there thinking about that for a few seconds, Noticing out of the corner of his eye, the uncomfertableness of the man sitting alone. No Certainly we don't mind if you hand onto that at all, hopefully you can get some news from it to assist us. Lord, it seems that you have a situation on your hands, I do know my companion here, the one at the temple, shall he get a raise, and I would not mind assisting you with anything that you shall need. But first we do need to get this situation with Douven handled. Do you know by chance where we can find Eilian?

And, who is that man sitting alone over there
    Shylain adds at the end in a very soft whisper.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

28. - Top - End - #178

Wrafton's

Padraig laughs, a mighty bellow. He regains his composure and whispers back, conspiratorially, "why, that old farmer is Eilian himself." He leans back smiling. "As for the raise, well, that depends, I have a job for you. I've been trying to get rid of these kobolds for the last month, but the captain refuses to send anyone to clear out their caves. Swear to take care of that, and I'll have your friend ready by morning."

Ander steps into the Inn, there are bloodstains on the floor and half the town guard seem to be milling about. There is a genasi talking to an important looking man, an old farmer sitting in the corner, an elven ranger who seems to be getting ready to make her leave and the lady behind the bar seems to be tipping into her own supply.

29. - Top - End - #179

Shylain

You have our word we will take care of that. Now if you would excuse me, I am going to have a conversation with Eilian.

Heading over towards the table where the farmer sat, Shylain sits down. He looks directly at the farmer, eye's flowing with flickers of lightning every few seconds. So, I hear you and Douven were good friends. Now he seems to be missing, for some reason you looked rather uncomfertable when we were in that battle with those two hoodlums, and I wonder if they too were "friends" of yours.

So tell me what you know about Douven's where abouts.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

30. - Top - End - #180

Wrafton's

"Friends?!" He spits on the ground. "Those riff-raff? Damn right I better be uncomfortable, with hooligans smacking at each other with big metal sticks. I'm just an old man, what else were I 'sposed to do?

"Douven Stahl? Why, what do you want with him?" He holds your glare. "Hmm, if you are asking, it means you don't know where he is, but do you want him cos you are lookin, or because you don't want nobody else to find 'im?"