New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Ivory Ring Book 1: Crime and Punishment [IC]

"But why make the lives of innocents miserable when we have a lead here? That gruesome writing seems to suggest that they will be back to finish the job here. We could set an ambush for them." Gacy points out.

The storekeeper cringes at the mention of the message, but seems to revitalize slightly at this. He nods a bit.

"I could go to the Dawn's storerooms and see what I can do about finding weapons for you, but there's a chance that the Cat's Eye might be back before I am. I'm at a bit of a loss."
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-09-11 at 04:23 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari

I agree with Gacy, there is no need to let them attack us when we can set up a perfectly good ambush from here. We can take up strategic positions and wait.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

Razor nods in silent agreement. He looks around for a place where he is not so obvious, conealing himself in the back, if there is nowhere else to be found.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter
    Zebith, Drow Ranger/Darkstrider

4. - Top - End - #154

Gacy bows and leaves, heading to the guild storeroom to search for weapons and equipment to supplement your supply. You take up positions behind the few standing shelves left in the store, and the proprietor heads down to the basement to hide, with Rune going to comfort and guard him.

From outside you hear a shout of, "Come out fool! Are you ready to pay us, or merely to join your woman?" Peeking through the windows, you see that a large group of humans have gathered outside of the store.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: Quintari, Human Axe x2, Human Club, Razor, Arina, Equilibrium, Sylis, Human Mace x2, Human Club x4

((The dotted line is the unbroken window. The shattered window and open door (line with a line through it) provide street access.
    ))

Combat
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

learning to write situationally, Dire Radiance on the closest mob closest to me when my turn comes around

Attack: (yes i somehow still have no impliment)
    (d20+3)[23] versus Fortitude
    CAN YOU CRIT ON MAGIC? weeeeeee!

Damage:
    (1d6+4)[5]

Indifferent to the battle around him, Sylis' body glows a bright white as he stands up. Sensing the battle around him, Sylis' eyes become clear for a moment. Muttering under his breath...

"Clearly they are just as much the fools as you said......"
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-09-13 at 05:30 PM.
    Fox
    25 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arina

She scrawls away from Sylis towards the door so that the thgs outside can't see her movement. There she gets her dagger and prepares herself to smash it into the chest of the first intruder entering the shop.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll make the rolls in OOC.. since the other attack does not have verymuch effect.. it doesn't suite the situation.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-09-14 at 02:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor (31/31 hp)

Razor takes a deep breath, preparing for combat. "Here we go," he whispers to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Razor's action will depend on what everybody before him does.

A) Should Quint step out to engage the enemy, Razor will step up beside him to attack, using Cleave.

Attack vs AC: (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[5]
    Hit: One other target adjacent to Razor takes 4 damage.

B) Should Quint stay concealed (or move one space and ready an action as I suggested in OOC) and the two axe wielding humans and the club wielding human come into the store, but not immediately threaten anyone (except, maybe, Quint) then Razor will use Passing Attack on whichever two are in a position to use Passing Attack on (hoping to get a position to flank the second target), marking everything he attacks.

Attack 1 vs AC: (use the attack and damage from A)
    Hit: Shift one square to and attack secondary target.
    Attack 2 vs AC: (1d20+10)[27] (add two if Combat Advantage)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[6]

C) Should Quint stay concealed (or move one space and ready an action as I suggested in OOC) and the two axe wielding humans and the club wielding human come into the store, AND threaten a squishy character, Razor will try to maneuver so that he can hit that target with Tide of Iron and push them away from the threatened PC, moving into the space the enemy was in.

Attack: Use attack and damage from A, pushing traget and shifting instead of doing cleave damage.

D) Should Quint stay concealed (or move one space and ready an action as I suggested in OOC) and the two axe wielding humans and the club wielding human NOT come into the store, then Razor will shift up one to be at the edge of the shelves, and ready an action (page 291) to use Tide of Iron against the first target to move into the space immediately above him (and so would not get cover from the shelves).

Attack: Use attack and damage from A, pushing traget and shifting instead of doing cleave damage.

Note that, should an enemy provoke an opportunity attack from Razor, he gets to add his wisdom modifier to the attack roll, and, if it was movement that provoked the attack, the enemy's movement action ends (though it could use another action to resume moving).

Use for opportunity attacks:

OA 1:
    Attack: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[8]

OA 1:
    Attack: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9]

Okay, I tried to think of every contingency I could, but I'm sure something completely different will happen.
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-09-14 at 07:58 AM. Reason: fixed spoiler tags
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari

Quintari attempts to impersonate the shopkeeper as best he can with the one word that he's heard the man say.

I'll take my chances with her!

He then steps behind closer to the aisle and waits for thugs to come to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move from where I am south one square.

READY ACTION: If one of the thugs moves in to attack, when they get within range use Wolf Pack Tactics to let Razor shift one square closer to our enemies.

Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-09-14 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Change color of impersonation and finish spoiler tag
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quintari shifts, waiting behind the bookcase to unleash his attack. Two humans wielding greataxes come rushing into the store. One charging at Quintari, the other at Arina. Both are hit 14 Q,16 A Quintari’s retaliation misses.

A human wielding a club comes out from around a bookcase and swings at Razor, bashing him in the side. 6

Razor reacts quickly, slamming back Arina’s attacker. 5

Arina jabs at the enemy before her, missing.

Equilibrium, peeking out from behind a bookcase in the back of the room, let’s a spell fly outside. Three of the enemies composing the crowd there immediately fall dead. Dead x3

Sylis blasts the beserker attacking Quintari, tearing off his flesh with dark energy. 10

Two humans with maces move in from outside, cornering the spellcasters in the back of the room. One human with a club enters the store and moves up to Quintari.

((Forgot to give Arina a bloodied token.))

Combat
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-09-16 at 03:03 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor (25/31hp)

Razor continues to work on his immediate opponents, hoping his companions can hold out till he deals with these.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: The opponent Razor hit is marked by Razor, so suffers a penalty (and a basic attack from Razor) if he attacks another target.

A) Razor will try to position himself so that he gets a flank AND can make a cleave attack. The cleave attack will be against the flanked target:

Attack vs AC: (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]
    Hit: 4 damage to another adjacent target.
    Effect: Target is marked, regardless of whether attack hits.

B) If he can't do both, then he will go for a flank on one, and use Passing Attack on that one, with a shift and then attack on the other.

Primary Attack: Use above attack, but at a +8 to hit instead of a +10
    Secondary Attack vs AC: (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

C) If there is not a secondary target available, he will position himself so Arina can get a flank attack and make a basic melee attack.

Attack: Use above attack, but at a +8 to hit instead of a +10

If one of the targets hits Razor for significant damage, he'll use his infernal wrath (+1 to hit, +4 to damage) with his attack roll against that enemy.

Or, just do whatever would be the most effective attack maneuver depending on how the enemies move. The important part is to end where he can grant Arina a flank.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arina 7/23

If C:
    melee basic: dagger - (1d20+6)[9]
    damage - (1d4+2)[6]
    If flank SA - (2d8)[13]

Arina criticly hurt moves backwards still protecting herself with her dagger then rips off a piece of her cloth and bandages as best as she can in a short time ((Second wind)) She stil looks hurt but you can see she is still capable of fighting for some time.