Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 160
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    wink Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Days… Weeks… Months… Do those measurements have meaning anymore as you cross worlds without firmament, worlds of eternal darkness and worlds of never-ending light. You’ve seen wonders that defy comprehension but you’ve seen them as merchandise. Harvested for sale from what’s beginning to seem like the plainest world in existence, the Material Plane. Hundreds of sapient beings were held with you but now they have slowly been sold until only five remain. Your captors, magically animated automatons with free wills, have treated you like cattle. They cross the gulf between worlds in a great metal vessel. You have seen little of this vessel save the particular holding cell where you are bound and the corridor that you are marched down at each center of commerce.

    Now only five of you remain in a sterile metal chamber that once held thirty mortal souls. Your ankles are held by thick unwieldy shackles forged to the very floor and your wrists bound together by manacles. Your possessions were stripped from you long ago and now you wear only worn stained robes. Shortly after you were captured one of your captors, the others called it Upsilon, came to the cell and cast a spell of some sort upon you, revealing itself to be an arcanist in the process. Since then, while you may have near constantly contemplated escape, you have found yourself unable to act on that impulse. Some mental restraint hinders you. Time is rapidly losing its meaning in this dim cell. An hour ago? Something like an hour ago the cell was flooded with a torrent of water until you were nearly drowning, then the water drained away, leaving you drenched. This had happened before, always before a stop, and it was a sign that the keeper of your cell, called Rho by the other constructs, would soon appear and march you to another marketplace. The walls are beginning to radiate heat, callously drying you. Yes, soon Rho will come and you will be subjected to another round of poking and prodding by beings despicable.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (OoC: The room is 20 by 20 with thirty ankle shackles set in the floor. The shackles allow some freedom of movement due to clever mechanic design but not a great deal. There is a large metal door at the "front" of the room, sealed mechanically and, perhaps, magically as well. You know from coming and going that the metal wall, at least by the door, is about a foot thick. There is dim light provided by glowing orbs in the four corners of the room.

    Introduce your character, maybe talk amongst yourselves, this initial bit won't last long so don't get into your lifestory or anything but get a feel for where your character is.)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    The beautiful woman sighs, touching the shackles with her fingertips. "Thank Aubron I'm not truly fae, these iron shackles would be a constant pain; well, more of a constant pain, anyway." She frowns, looking at the mechanism. "I never progressed high enough to cast a spell for opening such complex locks."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-23 at 11:15 PM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Leaning against the heated wall with closed eyes, Rhion was trying to get some rest, but failed to pass on to the sweet realm of sleep, and would have to be settled with the little idle time he could have.

    But apparently, he is bored of that too, because after a few minutes he opens his eyes again, making them wander around the familiar room, and finally settling on the pretty woman that stood near the opposite wall.

    Seeing that she tries to examine the manacles, he calls out to her in a rather relaxed manner.

    "Well, they apparently put some thought and work for all these. I don't guess we'll be getting away without any outside interference."
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Belobog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Isaac

    The beast that shares the cell with the others sits as he has done since the first day, though he is in better shape than when he was brought here. The blood that had splattered his black fur long since been washed out, and the wounds he had once worn had been healed in the interest of presentation, but the leather muzzle that was placed on him still binds his mouth, his arms remain bound behind him, and a cloth rag is wrapped around his eyes. Lastly, even with the talk, he does not stir. The hyena-headed man is doing what he has done for so many hours, days, weeks...he simply sits, his back straight to the wall, and he mutters to himself in low, whispering growls.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    confused Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu

    Mul-tag kre-shach rin di-yo,

    Bound. Again. The anger didn't come, not like he had thought it would. Instead, while Kinedu pushes and pummels at his bonds, a feeling of weary resignation settles over him, mixed with a little relief. Prison. He knew prison, at least.

    wu-tag pe-shach ri-gi leks.

    He doesn't struggle against his physical bonds. Indeed, he's perfectly still, seated in a corner. His chains dangle loosely, his wrists are resting limply on his knees. Kinedu struggles against the lead weight the one called Upsilon had cast over his head. He does it more out of principle than out of any hope or desire of escape. All he gets in return for his effort is a pounding headache.

    Es-zett ko-loch be-zu toh,

    At some point during his earlier, much longer imprisonment, he had taken to chanting in his head, more to pass the time than for any meditative purpose. Still, it had a calming effect. He falls into a steady rhythm, the demon tongue keeping time with the throbbing of his head.

    Puv-zett me-loch na-ke rex.
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Dyn

    At first, the man named Dyn hadn't even been shocked about being captured. He had sung songs to himself, telling others that they shouldn't be scared, that they wouldn't be imprisoned for long, that soon everything would change. That they would escape, or be freed by heroes.
    Then the weeks had gone on and on, and slowly, Dyn's optimism had begun to fade. For days now he had just been sitting against a wall, humming a little tune to himself, which sounded like a lullaby or children's song, only stopping to mumble "This can't be right. This can't be happening".
    "The Drowned Man is not a God. He is from the North, and the North is too cold for gods."

    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I want more mwa-ha-haaa and much less boo-hoo-hoo.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    The beautiful woman looks at the man who addressed her and smiles, "Well, it's rather obvious that there must be a way to break or subvert the manacles."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-24 at 12:58 PM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Rhion replies with the same calm manner.

    "I definitely concur that the manacles can be opened somehow. But I don't think we are capable of it. It'd be better if we'd just cal-"

    Hesitating for a moment, Rhion revises what he was going to say. He had figured out that, ironically, the phrase "calm down" always had the opposite effect.

    "-oh whatever."
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-08-24 at 01:53 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    The woman shrugs, "Anyway... we've been here a long time. I suppose introductions are overdue. My name is Adyra."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    "I'm Rhion. Very nice to meet you."

    His tone suggests a bit of sarcasm, but mainly at the situation itself.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    biggrin Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    A metallic clank resounds through the chamber and a great gear begins to turn on the thick metal door sliding aside a large bolt. This signals the arrival of Rho, the keeper of your cell, and the beginning of another exhibition. With a groan, the door swings inward revealing the corridor beyond and…

    The figure standing in the doorway is not the one you had been anticipating. Instead of Rho's mighty form you are confronted with a figure wearing mismatched loose garb of vibrantly colored silk. An exorbitant amount of jewelry is draped on the figure from dozens of rings covering its fingers, countless braclets, and the heap of necklaces hanging about its neck. The curved toed boots and elaborate rug thrown over the shoulders like a cloak only further assault the senses. The flamboyant attire is most graciously described as gaudy. In the face of this affront to good taste and with the poor lighting, it is understandable that it takes a moment to notice that the figure's flesh is withered and gray. The figure has empty sockets where its eyes and nose should be. What skin that isn't covered by the rich silk is seen to be tattered and decayed.

    "Hmmmm…" The figure murmurs, staring without eyes at the group, before raising a withered hand covered with rings encrusted with gemstones to its chin as if to catch its wobbly jawbone if it happens to fall from place as it speaks. "Who? Who mopes here?" It's voice is grating and shrill. The figure makes what might have been a smile if its face weren't in such a state of decay, "Ah, Poe knows… You are those Poe's foes chose."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    yuk Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu

    Kinedu is pulled from his stupor by the groan of the cell door. He stares at the being who enters in Rho's place. Something about the way the garish withered thing spoke set his teeth on edge. His eyes flick briefly to the others. Questions bubble to the surface of his mind, but he decides to stay silent, for now.
    Last edited by VoxPVoxD; 2008-08-25 at 04:58 AM.
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Belobog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Isaac

    The beast does not stir at the door's complaints; he had heard it many times, and all it signaled was the arrival of a new marketplace, a new inspecting ground. A place where foreign hands and foreign eyes would examine his muscles, his fur, his teeth, only to be found wanting and to be shuffled into the ship again. He wondered what would happen to him if he was claimed. He wondered what would happen if this time, if he wasn't.

    Then the voice comes, the scratching voice that makes his throat run dry, and he turns to it, listening to the tone. He could not understand the thing, only that it was not Rho, their guardian, and that the pitch of the thing makes his hackles bristle. He fights down the sudden urge to struggle out of his bonds, knowing it futile, and is left with only the dread imagining that this would be his last stop.

    Soon after, the beast lowers his head again, growling to himself in stronger, perhaps angrier tones.
    Last edited by Belobog; 2008-08-25 at 06:01 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Dyn

    Dyn's empty eyes look up as the door creaks open, and for a moment, a glimmer of hope is visible as the new figure enters. Then, after closer inspection, it vanishes as quickly as it came.
    "The Drowned Man is not a God. He is from the North, and the North is too cold for gods."

    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I want more mwa-ha-haaa and much less boo-hoo-hoo.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Rhion raises an eyebrow as a figure other than his captors shows up at the door. Forcing himself to not grimace at the strange and annoying outlook at the man, Rhion tries to break his hesitation and at least say something.

    What's the worst that could happen?


    He licks his lips to get rid of the dry feeling.

    "And you are... Poe?"
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    Adyra blinks, looking at the strange visage and trying to understand him. "So... are you the enemy of the free?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    eek Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    "Oh no." The garish figure answers the emprisoned princess, not responding to the question as to its identity, "Free, really?" The withered figure takes a step into the room, giving another hideous would-be smile, "Hmmmmm... Poe will show you how to be free really..."

    Poe, if the figure has been refering to itself, doesn't wait for an response as it pulls a wrinkled scroll from a pocket and begins reading it aloud. Arcane energies crackle over the worn paper and the five prisoners feel the familar touch of magic on their minds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (OoC: Obviously there's a spell being used on you. If you choose to resist, roll Will saves. You may also roll spellcraft if you're so inclined.)
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-08-25 at 07:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spellcraft:
    [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
    "The Drowned Man is not a God. He is from the North, and the North is too cold for gods."

    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I want more mwa-ha-haaa and much less boo-hoo-hoo.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    Adyra feels the pulse of magic entering her mind... she tries to figure out what it is so that she knows if she should try to resist it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft: (1d20+11)[31]
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Rhion thinks for a moment and decides not to resist the effect, just out of curiosity.

    Spoiler
    Show
    A check in vain, but anyway:
    Spellcraft - (1d20+1)[11]
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, I was thinking about the wrong forum. So, again:
    Spellcraft. (1d20+4)[20]
    "The Drowned Man is not a God. He is from the North, and the North is too cold for gods."

    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I want more mwa-ha-haaa and much less boo-hoo-hoo.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    furious Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu

    His eyes narrowed to baleful slits, Kinedu glares at the strange being. Recognizing that this is his best chance to escape, he braces to allow the spell to wash over him. But for an instant, his composure breaks, frayed by the capture, captivity, and repeated magical intrusion. Fury, white-hot, lances from the center of his being, and involuntarily he pushes against the spell with all the strength he can muster.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spellcraft: (d20+9)[28]
    Will Save: (d20+3)[13] (another +2 if this thing counts as a fiend)
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Belobog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Isaac

    Though Isaac cannot prepare for the spell to wash over, he recognizes the feel of magic crash against it, bracing himself against it. He had done the same with their guardian, but despite his strength, had failed. As long as he had the will to allow it, he would not let another control him again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[14]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    eek Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    ((I tend to adhoc things like this a bit, generally in your favor.)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft Results
    Rhion recognizes that the spell is being cast from a scroll.
    Dyn recognizes that the spell is arcane, the school is enchantment, and surmises that the spell level is five or higher.
    Kinedu recognizes that the spell is arcane, the school is enchantment, and surmises that the spell level is seven or higher.
    The Princess got a private message.


    Despite their best efforts to resist, Kinedu and Issac feel the magic overpower their wills and permeate through their minds. Rhion feels the wave of magic flow through him.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-08-26 at 06:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu

    The spell burrows into Kinedu's mind. He struggles and struggles against it, but the result is only a deadening heaviness, as if a great weight were anchoring his mind to... something. It makes him long for the pain that had passed when Poe read from the scroll.

    He hadn't spoken once during his captivity. Once, his slavers had tried to make him, for the benefit of a prospective buyer. He'd refused. First came the threats, increasingly gruesome. Then came the pain, waves of searing pain, but Kinedu understood pain, its workings and the shapes it took. They were going to make him speak, when that failed, but by then the buyer had lost interest. He'd been spared the indignity of compulsion.

    But now, he slumps forward, his gray face shining with perspiration in the dim light. Large, long-fingered hands break his fall, and he tilts his head upward-- towards his 'savior'.

    "What... did... you... do... to me?"
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    smile Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    ((Moving along, feel free to retro-roll will saves if you haven't so far.))

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[5] + ??? = hit.


    "Poe wants to know which way you'll go." Poe responds as he tosses the now crumbling scroll away and pulls a small ornate metal cylinder from a side-pocket, "Though...Poe still can't know how you'll go..." With the same twisted smile, he darts across the room and jabs the cylinder against Kinedu's forehead. Immediately, there is a flash of light and Kinedu feels a brief, searing pain, then Poe stumbles back a few steps. The cylinder pulsates with light in his withered hand as he slides it back in a pocket, apparently satisfied, "Now Poe knows."

    A symbol, glowing white, is left on Kinedu's forehead.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-08-26 at 08:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    Realizing just what kind of spell is being cast, and knowing that it would be just exchanging one form of slavery for another resists with all her might.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+4)[9]
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    confused Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OoC: I'd been waiting on Dyn to attempt that save, I know I said I'd just roll for people but I'm nicer than I pretend to be. Still, a day is enough time and Eldan's been around.))

    (1d20)[6]

    Poe twists a large garnet on one of his multitude of rings and there is the subtle touch of magic as every manacle and shackle in the room opens with a click. "Now you will go flay Poe's foe...Ya'cob." Poe states confidently and as it does so each of you feels a mild but persistent prodding in the back of minds towards this aim.

    Poe stands satisfied for a moment before abruptly crying as if struck, "No! No! No! You could never flay Ya'cob!" It grasps its head in two hands, stumbling back a few steps, ""You have... No... No way...no way to flay..." Then Poe gasps as if having an epiphany, "Ah, Poe knows!" Poe fishes around in the shadows of its cloak and mumbling to itself begins to pull forth items and then discard them haphazardly. A ring, a monocle, the withered corpse of a dead rat, a bronze candlestick... Poe begins to withdraw and discard items more rapidly, causing objects to begin to fall from the shadows beneath his cloak as if he had unsettled them from a shelf; a suit of armor, a bolt of cloth, a mace...the torrent of objects continues unabated until Poe pulls a perfectly proportioned longsword seemingly shaped from glass and stares at it, "Ohhhhh.... Yes! Yes, now you can slay Poe's foe Ya'cob!" He cackles wildly and swings the blade through the air as light filters through it like a prism. Then, he abruptly sags and smacks a hand over his forehead, "No! No! No! You must flay Ya'cob!" Muttering flay again and again to himself, he sets the glass sword on the floor and begins to search the shadows of his cloak again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    ((OoC:Go ahead and roll knowledge(arcana), knowledge(religion), Appraise, or Lore for the entire pile, there's enough items there to skip rolling individually for each item. You may take ten if you so desire but not twenty.))

    (???) A simple unfinished iron ring
    (???) A monocle with a crystal lense
    (???) A dead rat?
    (???) A large bronze candlestick
    (???) A suit of dark leather armor
    (???) A bolt of shimmering white cloth
    (???) A mace decorated with the head of a screaming gnome
    (???) A bright pink commoner's outfit
    (???) A hatchet
    (???) A black chain shirt
    (???) A large number of multicolored marbles
    (???) A chipped wooden goblet
    (???) A clerical robe, adorned with images of slaughter
    (???) An iron mace adorned with flanking sets of identical elves.
    (???) A worn leather satchel
    (???) A golden circlet set with a single emerald
    (???) A lone glove
    (???) A heavy golden necklace
    (???) The bottom half of an ornate bone staff
    (???) A large warhammer
    (???) A small velvet bag
    (???) A long blood-red cloak
    (???) A blue and white explorer's outfit
    (???) A lone knee-high boot
    (???) A silver ring covered with spikes
    (???) A small black bag
    (???) A crumpled parchment
    (???) Four potions
    (???) A silver buckler, glowing slightly
    (???) A wand of hickory wood
    (???) A small key
    (???) A Magnifying glass
    (???) A string of pearls
    (???) A small leather case
    (???) A Falcion
    (???) A cloth sling
    (???) A 10ft length of silk rope
    (???) A jade wand
    (???) A lute with broken strings
    (???) Three flasks
    (???) A suit of full-plate armor
    (???) A heavy wooden shield
    (???) 1 Emerald, 2 Moss Agate, 1 Carnelian, and 2 Diamonds.
    (???) A silver holy symbol of an angelic woman
    (???) A lavender belt
    (???) A glass sword

    ((Also, I'm going to rule that Adyra didn't have a chance to cast a spell when captured and as such still has her spells memorized. The spontaneous casters have rested and regained their spell slots. So everyone should have full spells.))
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-08-27 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Clearing up.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Oh, sorry about that. Actually, I didn't want to make a save. Should probably have said so.


    Dyn

    Dyn just sits there, looking at Poe with empty eyes. He doesn't even try to resist the spell, even though he knows what kind of magic this is.
    "The Drowned Man is not a God. He is from the North, and the North is too cold for gods."

    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I want more mwa-ha-haaa and much less boo-hoo-hoo.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Belobog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Isaac

    Isaac's growls die away when his will falters, allowing the fluid form of the enchantment to slip into the cracks and soak his mind in its drowning presence. For a moment, the stillness he shows is not patience, but loss, his shoulders slumping at the thought of his future as a slave, where his bindings would not be so apparent. He listens to the argument that occurs, the biting hiss of a voice he had not heard before, and the answering croak of what must be their buyer. The thought lit fire in his blood, his hands balling into fists as he contemplated escape...

    And stopped. He remembered what had happened during their imprisonment, how the idea of escape left his body dead and his mind drained. Now, it served only to jolt his muscles to action. In the silence that passed after the sounds of conflict, Isaac waits, the coppery taste of his future freedom running on his tongue...before he strains his bonds, and...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    Last edited by Belobog; 2008-08-27 at 08:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •