Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 160
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    smile Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    As before, I'm summarizing room to room exploration because it's awkward via PbP.


    The Group
    Adyra steps through the doorway and into the corridor beyond, followed by the others (unless someone specifically remains behind). There are six cells in this area, all of them empty. There is a passage leading towards the stern (back) of the vessel that is unfamiliar and there is a passage leading towards the bow (front) of the vessel which all of you are familiar with as it is along the path you were lead down to be shown to perspective buyers.

    Kinedu-Rho
    You easily leap across the gulf, landing on the catwalk which sways a bit but remains secure. Glancing back, you see the full measure of the great metal vessel you have just escaped. It seems to be crafted of bronze, shaped in the form of a great bird of prey, wings pressed to its sides as it dives for a kill. There is a deck on the upper segment of the vessel. Cables are secured to the vessel from the great brown hemisphere above. The catwalk joins others in leading to a central platform which holds a staircase spiraling upwards into a shaft through the brown stone.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-06 at 02:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Following the group, Rhion steps into the corridor with a hint of smile on his face, happy for the end of their imprisonment. He isn't totally relaxed though, as he is reminded by the weird feeling in the back of his head.

    Poe.

    "The exit was this way, right?" He points at the passage to the front of the ship.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-09-06 at 12:52 PM.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Dyn

    "Shouldn't we wait a moment?", interrupts a concerned looking Dyn.
    "Maybe more of those metal men are ahead. and Kinedu could warn us."

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    Aydra looks thoughtful, "That was the way to the exit we know about, meaning that is the direction they assume we will go. Perhaps the other way? What do you gentlemen think?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu

    All thought of the others, of the geas and the brand, of Poe, is wiped from Kinedu's mind by freedom. The sweet, blissful rush of freedom. He emits a sigh of pure pleasure, making his way carefully towards the spiral staircase.
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    "If they were guarding the exit, we'd hear voices from Kinedu. At least a scream. I think there's more possibility that we might find danger in there (back of the ship)."
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    The lady nods, "Very well... to the exit it is."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    confused Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    The Group

    Having decided on a course of action, the group travels down the corridor towards the front of the vessel. They soon near, as they remembered, a large chamber (60 by 40 by 20). The right and left walls are dominated by massive doors, one of which is open to the outside before. The floor also holds a large hatch sealed mechanically. Chains and pulleys cover the ceiling. There is a spiraling staircase leading up and a single corridor leading on forward in the vessel. Levers and strange controls are set in the floor by the doors and staircase. A few large crates and cages sit in the corners of the chamber.

    There is a great hunched figure standing silently along the right side of the chamber. It is easily recognized as a terrifying juggernaut, a construct build for slaughter and little else.

    ((This is what the group notes before they step into the chamber.))

    Kinedu-Rho
    Kinedu begins to make his way across the catwalk towards the staircase.

    ((Roll Spot and Listen.))
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: (d20)[9]
    Listen: (d20)[12]
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Gazing at all the machinery in the chamber, plus the juggernaut, Rhion, again, turns to his companions.

    "That thing seems to be asleep (or whatever you call it). So, is it going to be this door, that door, the staircase, or the corridor? Common sense suggests that the exits of a ship is on its deck, thus the staircase, or considering this is obviously not a common ship, one of these doors may be the exit. Or maybe they are both."
    He methodically points at the potential exits as he speaks.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Belobog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Isaac

    Isaac trails behind with the group with whatever belongings he had gathered wrapped in the shirt, knowing that the answer to escaping against his jailers was found in the numbers around him. As they talk amongst themselves, though, Isaac turns his attention to the cells behind him, wondering whether they were the only ones...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can Isaac remember any other prisoners that were left aside from themselves? Also, can he look into the other cells in some way?

    Inventory: +1 Light Mace of Giant Bane (equipped), +2 Buckler of Blinding (equipped), Adamantine Chain Shirt, Angelic Warrior Holy Symbol, Shard of Rho's Sword
    Last edited by Belobog; 2008-09-11 at 06:40 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    confused Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8] (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d20+2)[13] (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d20+2)[18] (1d20+2)[21]
    (1d20)[2] (1d20)[5]
    (2d100)[148]


    The Group
    The juggernaut continues to stand at ease.

    (Spot DC: 10) There is a catwalk just visible suspended a short distance from the open door, though it is not connected to the vessel.

    Issac
    Issac remembers that there had been more prisoners but they appear to have been sold by now. The other cells are open and empty.

    Kinedu-Rho
    Kinedu-Rho notes a few figures out of the corner of his eyes on the deck of the vessel as he makes for the staircase. The network of catwalks extends in all directions but there is only one vessel present.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-11 at 07:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    eek Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu

    He sees them in the haze of his peripheral vision. In a heartbeat the jubilance of freedom becomes the fear of detection. Kinedu's reason asserts itself. Making effort to move with purpose, to evade suspicion as long as possible, he casts his eyes about to find a perch to look around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Keep moving towards the staircase. Hoping to find a vantage point from which I can get a better look at the totality of the area, ideally behind some kind of cover.

    Spot check: (d20)[12]
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Rhion gestures to the catwalk outside the door, while keeping an eye on the juggernaut.
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    smile Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu-Rho
    Aside from scaling one of the cables holding the catwalk in place, the staircase is the only vantage point of note and the only one that provides cover. Kinedu-Rho continues on towards the staircase and steps onto the central platform upon which it rests.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Question Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu (Rho)

    Kinedu makes his way up the staircase.
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu-Rho
    The staircase spirals up through a shaft into the stone hemisphere, far above a spot of light can be seen.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VoxPVoxD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu (Rho)

    Kinedu trudges up the stairs, working centuries of accumulated stiffness out of his weary joints. While he ascends, he is careful not to look too much at the opening in the dome above.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how time's elapsed, here, but Kinedu's Disguise Self only lasts for 20 minutes a pop. I don't know where he is on that time scale, or if there would be a perceptible sign that the spell was fading before the illusion began to wane (in which case he could recast it). I do know that Kinedu himself has no real sense of how much time has elapsed.
    the busy the millions
    (as you're as can i'm)
    they flock and they flee
    through a thunder of seem
    though the stars in their silence
    say Be

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    wink Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Kinedu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kinedu has been very direct in his approach, so not much time has passed at all. Here's my take...

    2 Rounds in the cell.
    A generous 10 rounds searching the empty cells.
    2 Rounds walking down the corridor.
    4 Rounds in the large chamber with the juggernaut.
    6 Rounds on the catwalks.
    1 Round, currently, on the stairs.

    That's about two and a half minutes. Though, I think I'm going to hold off giving you more for a little until the others have made a bit more progress. Considering how direct you were, they really can't catch up with you physically, unless they pull something really weird, but they are lagging a bit behind in time so I'm going to let them catch up in that sense.


    The Group
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shall I assume you step into the chamber?
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-13 at 07:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    The Group

    Carefully walking forward, Dyn steps inside the chamber. Turning round to his new comrades, he whispers:
    "But, there might be other prisoners. We should rescue them! No one deserves a fate like this."

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    eek Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank ya kindly.
    (1d20-3)[12](1d20+2)[9]


    The Group
    As Dyn steps into the chamber, in clear sight for the first time, the great construct shifts slightly, it's great emotionless eyes centering on the human. It pauses for a moment, then the booming reverberation of its voice resounds through the chamber, "Keeper where?" There is another pause, then it raises its right arm which ends in a massive spiked club, "Not bound... Keeper where?!"
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-13 at 08:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Dyn

    As the construct awakens, Dyn winces, then a ssumes a posture of hopelessness, with hanging head and shoulders and empty eyes.
    "Rho is our Keeper. Rho went ahead and told us to follow him. We will follow Rho, it is an order. Please, do not hurt us."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok. At least I came up with a slightly more believable bluff after five minutes of thinking. I also had such gems as "Our keeper is invisible" and "We are already sold and walking to our new owner alone."
    Bluff:
    [roll]1d20+7

    [/spoiler]

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, wrong tag. Godess of Luck, bless this cubes of random chance generation!
    (1d20+7)[26]

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    wink Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20-3[roll] + Circumstance

    Oh dice.


    The Group

    The great construct hesitates for a moment, then lowers it's arm and resumes it's watchful stance, "Continue."

    Kinedu-Rho
    The staircase leads up through deep darkness, the only points of light above and below.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-13 at 08:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    Adyra slumps and walks through, following Dyn, with a look of hopelessness on her face.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Rhion held his breath as Dyn talked his way around the fearsome construct, but apparently they weren't very bright. He follows the rest as they make their way to the eastern open door (?).
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    wink Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    The Group
    Three levers, two pulled and one at rest, are positioned by the massive open door. Far below there is a vast expanse of swirling sand. Above is a hemisphere of smooth brown stone from which, by cables, a catwalk is suspended. There is a small five-feet gap between the catwalk and the interior of the vessel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The drop to the sands below is one of at least a few thousand feet. Don't fall.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Belobog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Isaac

    Isaac looks out to the expanse of sand below them, immediately stuffing down the urge to fling himself out to freedom. Even if it was the desert he knew, he wouldn't survive the drop...and that brought to him a thought. He looked at the staircase, remembered how many times they had passed it. He thought about what would logically be at the top of the ship. Looking to his allies, he pondered for a bit, wondering what to speak; they did look like giants, though they were smaller. Looking to the others in the group, he points to the staircase, speaking a tongue that he had used only sparsely before.

    [To those who can speak Giant:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We must see more of the ship, so that we may control it. To escape now would be to mark us for death; we would not last a day, even if we made it down."
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Just when you thought you had the advantage,
    A riddle backstabbed you for critical damage.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cespenar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Rhion

    Rhion looks at the gnoll with a blank face.

    "Uh... what?"

    He pauses for a moment, looking closely at the creature. "You can't speak Common?"
    PbP Game Statistics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Updated 19.07.13)
    Games Joined: 53
    Games Dead: 50
    Games Successfully Finished: 0
    Partially Finished/TPK'd: 1


  30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Poe's Pawns (IC)

    Adyra

    Adyra looks puzzled at the language the other is speaking and looks again at the door and the jump to the catwalk, pondering.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •