New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Funny D&D Stories

Still, that's not so much funny as pitifully poor DMing. "The players are getting off the railroad tracks that lead directly into my death trap? I shall punish them until they get back on!"

10 to 1 if the chargers had killed you guys he would have gone, "Geez, guys, you knew they were going to kill you, so why didn't you find a way to escape?"
    Zombitar courtesy of Djinn_In_Tonic.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

I originally posted this on a different forum a while ago, but felt it ought to be said here.

OK, so I've been DMing a 3.5 ed campaign for over a year now, and a number of amusing incidents have developed. Most of them have something to do with failure to examine one's surroundings.

First, the party enters a dungeon and reaches a room with two stuffed bear heads mounted on the wall. One of the bear heads has a mysterious shiny blue orb hanging around its neck. The party's half-elf druid instantly exclaims "I take it!"

Bad move. As soon as he removes the orb, both of the bear heads reveal that they belong to halberd-wielding zombie bears that burst out of the walls and attack the party.

Later on in the same dungeon, the dwarf fighter finds herself locked in a room with an angry minotaur, and the party tries to get the door open from the other side. To get at the mechanism that opens it requires going into another room, so the rogue meticulously checks the entrance for traps. Finding none, he proceeds into the room and promptly decides to just walk to the chain connected to the previous door without checking the intervening hallway for traps.

Despite my asking him to confirm what he was doing, he proceeds to fall into the concealed pit trap in the center of the room and is nearly killed while fighting with the alligator inside it.

More recently, the party entered a temple full of deathtraps, clearly marked with horrible scenes of blood and gore carved into its walls. The half-elven scout who would normally be checking the place for traps arrived late, after the cleric and fighter have already entered the place. He found a big metal door in the first room, and failed to check it for traps before opening it. Behind said door was nothing but a stone wall with a giant, fire-breathing skull carved into it. He miraculously survived the resulting Flame Strike with only 1 hp remaining.

After the party has made it through the temple and is on the way out, the fighter (played by the same guy who was playing the druid from before) decides he wants to take this golden Grim Reaper idol from the aforementioned room with, so he ties a rope around it and pulls it from the altar it was on. Much hilarity ensued as it transformed into a Vrock and let the party have it.

And finally, the fighter actually died in the last session due to wading into a foot of muddy water while wearing full plate armor and walking down a corridor without checking the water depth along the way. A ten-foot pit was positioned midway down the hallway, and a suit of armor is not ideal for swimming in.
    LGBTitp

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Moose View Post
    halberd-wielding zombie bears
    I tip my hat to you sir, GREATEST ENCOUNTER EVER.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

My player tried to hit on Tiamat.

yes. THAT Tiamat. the queen of all chromatic dragons.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

4e. A friend of mine comes over and wants to join. He plays a fighter. They try to hunt a bandit. He than tries to cut a deal with the bandit: bandit goes free, fighter gets GPs and treasure map(As the players will soon learn, there is nothing in the ruins the map leads to but a angry construct they won't get any treasure for) When they return to town, he tries to pin the blame on the others. Soon the tables devolve into "He did it!" and "She did it!" for at least 5 minutes before the mayor tossed them all into jail.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

3E. The party is engaged in battle with a bodak and some vampire spawn in a fortress.
    Wizard: (After rolling a high knowledge check) Don't look at the bodak! It's gaze can kill!
    Paladin: I attack the bodak!
    Me: Since your eyes are closed you have a 50% miss chance.
    Paladin: What? My eyes aren't closed!
    Me: So you're looking at the bodak?
    Paladin: Uhh... Not directly.
    Me: (Referring to DMG rules about gaze attacks) Alright, then you have a 50% chance of accidentally looking into its eyes.
    Paladin: Ha!
    Me: (Rolls %dice)... And you do. Make a Fortitude save.
    Paladin: Ha! That's my best save! (Rolls a 2)
    Me: You die.
    Just bear with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Nah, Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian Bear Warrior Bearlord.
    See? Was that so unbearable?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

My group has been doing The Tomb for the last couple of sessions, and in this last one we came across a Gelatinous Cube (not that we knew what it was) in a jar/vat. Myself, the Cleric and the Psion stood on the other side of the room while the Paladin and Rogue attacked it for five rounds. The Paladin mightily smote it with flame and the Rogue dumped five daggers into it. After the five rounds the Paladin tipped the vat over out onto the ground and the ooze it didn't move.

Cleric: It could have been dead the whole time....
    Paladin: Did you know?
    DM: It died in the first round...
    *Group laughter*
    Gibbo

Read about the Lady of the Night and her daring and worldly crew searching for Ilos and the cultists trying to bring him back. The cultist's now defeated the heros retire until the next catastrophe.

Gremshak - Bounty hunter

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Okay, my most recent one was in a 3.5 campaign and involved the following party:

Serle: Human Fighter w/ chainmail and a Greatsword (My character)
    Naara: Wood Elf Fighter w/ Bone Armor and a Fullblade
    Than: High Elf Rogue with a longbow
    Diedre: Human witch (From a third party supplement)
    Jagd: Human Ranger/Scout also with a longbow.

The party is third level, but has managed to acquire a couple of relatively powerful magic items.

Now, we had pretty much been fighting owlbears pretty much exclusively this session, meaning we got slapped around a lot before we managed to put one down, and toward the end of the session our characters were getting a bit cranky. Now Jagd was a Chaotic Neutral character with definite evil tendencies and was, in addition, a jerk. He and My own Character Serle (Who is Lawful Good) had been butting heads for the last few sessions, but this session, I had gotten a break because he had started butting heads with Naara (Who's Chaotic Good).

We had just finished off yet another owlbear, when we were informed that there were two owlbear cubs off in the corner. A few things seemed to happen at once at that point. I turned and started to walk away down the corridor, Naara and Diedre paused for a second (I believe there were failed knowledge checks involved) and Than made his knowledge check and declared that owlbear cubs would probably be worth a good deal of money to a local wizard. This all happened as Jagd pulled and fired an arrow, killing the first owlbear cub.

Now Jagd had actually crafted his bow, it was masterwork, and mighty (to whatever his strength bonus was) and as we found out later, Jagd actually cared for it more than any member of our party.

So when Naara, enraged by Jagd's callous disregard for life turned around and sundered his bow, Jagd became rather enraged himself. Enough so That he pulled out one of those powerful magic items I mentioned before, A staff of Necromancy, and centered a Circle of Death upon us.

One Use Magic Device roll and a GM Ruling involving caster level later, we made saves. Naara and I both beat the target number of the save, Than and Diedre were 45 feet away from us, just outside the radius of the spell, (A great relief to Than as he thought he had to save too and had failed his save) and Jagd... rolled a 1

And thus ends the tale of Jagd, who tried to kill our party but only ended up killing himself.
    Last edited by Graywolf; 2010-01-15 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Had some names wrong
    -Graywolf
    “I found the Gith! Turns out, he can’t fly after all!”

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    My player tried to hit on Tiamat.

yes. THAT Tiamat. the queen of all chromatic dragons.
    o.0 that is made of win!

now for my newest story.

we just finished a 4e game (the same group with the bra of holding). we were at the final game, you know just wrapping stuff up. well for us the was a tournamat to defend the honor of one of our characters. It was supposed to be an easy straight forward fight. our four best fighters (four 30th level characters) against the offenders four best fighters (four 10th level characters)in an arena type match that the whole kingdom was going to attend. Game set match, right? wrong.

the first fight goes of without a problem, as doess the second(in fact I took the dude out in one blow), then it gets to one of the characters, eubetha's turn(played by the bra of holding characters player.) Now eubetha is really small and the guy she was facing was like 8 feet tall and 400 pounds...yeah a big guy. so she panics and declares such:
    eubetha: "there's no way I can take him hand to hand so I'm going to pull out my special bag of holding."
    DM: "ok...and?"
    Eubetha: "well there should be about 500,000 coins in there...a mixure of platinum and gold, so I'm going to dump it on him!"
    DM: "Um...are you sure?"
    well to say the least she did it...buried the poor guy under the pile of riches...and then the people of the kingdom attacked. they swarmed onto the feild almost killing all of us, killing the guy under the pile, and 76 other citizens....thats right a mob riot...they only stopped after our plantinum dragon friend we had rescued showed up and scared them all.
    We are Here. We are One. We are the Playground.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    *snip*
    This is amazing. Absolutely amazing <3
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Alright I have a lot of stories, most of them are not mine, but a friend of mine's stories from a past game (with different players). Now, before I begin, I have to explain that these things happened to very, VERY new DnD players, and are a result of lack of experience, not from stupidity. Well, not ONLY from stupidity.

Also, all of these stories are from 3ed/3.5.

- A party, containing a new player playing a Paladin, are trying to get into a castle in a foreign city. The Paladin was recently told of what the code of conduct is, and is still trying to work out how to run a paladin without ruining the campaign. Well, didn't work out so well. A guard asks the paladin what his business is, and he promptly answers: "I'm here to murder the queen."

- A party is trying to get through a locked gate, but there are no rogues, so lock-picking is out of the question. There is one player in the party who everyone loves to pick on, and DnD is the best place to do it. The party gang up on, hold him down and tie him up. Then, they proceed to use his head as a battering ram. Well, at least they got the gate open...

- A party of all new players is on their first mission (DM is relatively new as well). The mission is to explore an uncharted area of a map and find a rainbow-colored mountain, kill a bunch of gnolls doing rituals there, and bring back proof that the mountain exists. The Wizard doesn't quite grasp the idea of evidence, so he says he wants to draw a picture of the mountain to use as proof. He doesn't have paint, a canvas, or even enough parchment to draw on. Still, he doesn't hesitate, and takes off his rope in order to draw on it. He realizes that he has no paint, so he decides to stab himself with a dagger and use his blood as paint. He also decides that his robes are not a proper canvas, so he uses a triangle-shaped rock. As the rest of the party tries to explain that you can't draw a rainbow colored mountain with blood, but our attention is taken away by the monk, who takes this opportunity to steal the wizards robe and throw it off the edge of the mountain. At this point, we are left with a robe-less wizard with a red-painted rock in his hand, and a DM who will have nightmares for years to come.

12. - Top - End - #222

Laughed at the "Bra of holding" story.

Here's mine (well actualy a freinds):

They had just entered a village:

DM: You enter a village. People are working <blah blah blah> Of to the right in a field you see a few farmers. They appear to be sticking fish in the ground-

The partys wizard: HOLY **** THEY HAVE FISH TREE'S!!!!!WANT!

Edit: for those who don't know, native americans stuck fish in the ground to fertalize the ground so the plants would grow better.
    Last edited by Dragero; 2010-01-07 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Fishy feeling...
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

We went to a town somewhere and was told to go to a cave. When we got there were four goblins inside. When I tried to hit one with a spear I missed. I had nothing left except some plums. So then I told my dungeon master I wanted to throw one. He said okay and said I could do 1 point of damage if I hit the goblin. Then I took out my lucky D20 and rolled it. To my surprise I got a natural 20! And it confirmed! The goblin had taken damage before so it was down.
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-01-10 at 12:51 PM.

Awesome Avatar by none other then Ceoclaneth!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

I did some major DM'ing over Christmas break, both to get my girlfriend accustomed to the game and then playing with my regular group (girlfriend now included).

Okay, first off, gf makes an elf ranger, looking for her father who was a legendary hero. To help her a little, I DM a dwarf companion (who knew her father) and a human bandit whom she spared and roll a nat 20 diplomacy check with.

So, they're in her first 'dungeon', very basic and only containing a few rooms each floor. There's occasional undead, which sucks because I keep botching the rolls to see if the dwarf and human are frightened. They chatter along after the PC, afraid enough to stay back a a ways but brave enough to follow. However, at the end two ghosts appear (not combative) and for giggles I roll the two NPC's reactions. Two nat 1's.

They piss themselves and scream like girls.

The second funny story happened in the middle of the first 'group adventure.' They party is my gf, a Heygoneko (or whatever it's called) Samurai, a dwarf fighter (actual PC, not the dwarf from before), and a halfling rogue. They're in a dungeon fighting four bonedrinkers (nasty things....and awesome). The dwarf gets hit and grappled, and fails his check to throw it off. Several rounds in a row....

It brings him down from 17 Con to 4 before the others realize, "Shoot, we gotta save him!" Luckily they did, and the dwarf hid in the corner for the rest of the battle. They find a Blink Ring, which the Samurai takes.

Finally, at the end of said dungeon. I have a Drow Hexblade/11 in the wings, he's the BBEG of the session. I planned for him to be a reoccurring villain, and even though he had 49 HP I didn't think he'd die....his character had amazing armor and some nice spells. After giving his speech of why he'd been raising dead, the battle begins. I wanted the drow to take, maybe half damage....and run.

First round, the Samurai goes first. He immediately blinks behind the drow, and Iaijutsu's him. Rolls a nat 20, so he succeeds....and a nat 20 to crit. Somehow, someway, he rolled exactly 50 damage....killing my BBEG in one blow.

The table erupted in applause and laughter, and of course, my swearing.
    Drow Samurai avatar by Ranger Mattos!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Another reason why you'll need soap...

The Roster:
    1) Harlen (Me, a Level 5 Nomad Psion, whose only directly offensive power is Baleful Teleport from the Altered Powered list by Garrett Swaim.)
    2) Folly (Level 2 Fighter)
    3) Cinder (Level 1 Swashbuckler)

My DM sets us up with a classic dungeon delving mission. All the monsters were shadow creatures, and halfway through the dungeon we were very low on health (Me only 8 health, Cinder 5, and Folly 6) and had killed an excess of 10 of these things without any magical healing aids.

(In fact, we had absolutely NO MAGICAL ITEMS whatsoever since the DM started us all in a poor village that survives within a forest rife with TOXIC AIR by means of constantly searching for "Elminster's Beard", which was a kind of moss, in order to make anti-toxin. How the town was started in such an abysmal place is beyond me.)

Anyhoo, back in the cave, we came across a doorway that intersected with the hallway we were in. My psycrystal had already told me that further down the same hallway there were at least several more Shadows waiting for us. I, not wanting to have my party sneaked up from behind as we entered the doorway, decided to take out my bar of soap in order to make a 2nd rate trap out of the most basic of resources...

After raiding the room beyond the doorway, I come back to the edge of my trap, throw a thunder stone down the hallway to flush out the monsters, and wait as the shadows run and slip on my soapy-pee. To my laughter, one of the shadows slams into a wall, the other slips onto its back, and the third has its arms blown off I critical on my Baleful Teleport's touch attack. The rest are hacked down as Cliff and Folly take advantage of them being prone (FYI, I left the soap bar behind after that).

I know that shadows probably shouldn't slip on anything, let alone soapy-pee, but I'm glad I did it anyway. Role-playing pays folks, especially if you're of chaotic alignment!
    Last edited by MarvisSahad; 2010-01-11 at 11:30 PM.
    In memory of Marvis Sahad, the dashing lawful-good rogue. Guess which stats were dumps.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Halfling in the Playground

Ok, here is a funny story. While DMing a campaign with the Menzoberannzan box set, one of the PCs was playing a Fighter/Mage/Thief. He was around tenth level. I had placed a magical trap that reversed the victim's alignment, not really expecting it to affect anyone in the party. Well, he missed his find traps, the spell penetrated his magic resistance, AND he failed his saving throw! Luckily for him, I was nice and just had it change his alignment to chaotic good, not lawful. Still, he did not think that was so nice. Hehe. Then there was the trap that triggered a superior magnetism effect while simultaneously releasing a secret door to a room containing rust monsters. LOL
    Amaranth

17. - Top - End - #227

Today, we got to the final bit of the campaign. For the final thing, the PCs had to disrupt a whole herd of bison, and preferably make them stampede.

They used the 10 pints of oil the barbarian randomly had to:

Set three fires around the nearby camp, just because
    Set three bison on fire
    And to set a bed, which they had carried with them for a little while, on the back of the barbarian (because he's super tank) on fire as well, just because they could.

The bed then exploded, scared the bison, and created the necessary diversion.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Alright, my first session in a 4th edition campaign, we came upon a library. Now my Eladrin wizard, being you know a wizard, went to inspect one of the bookshelves, as did a few other party members.

That was when the zombies hiding behind the bookshelves in the library, pushed them over onto us. They got two party members with that trick, our sword and board fighter, who wasn't really hurt by the bookshelf, but did spend a good three turns trapped under it, and me naturally. Thanks to fey step, I didn't really spend any time trapped under the book shelf, however half my hit points did disappear when the thing landed on me.

To this day my group keeps saying "Remember that time when you were bloodied by a bookshelf?"
    -Graywolf
    “I found the Gith! Turns out, he can’t fly after all!”

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

We were questing in these catacombs, and there was this door and beyond it was an ocean. We opened it, stupidly enough, and the corridor began flooding. So we fell back to the lever which closed it, and were attacked by these Rat-people. Our warrior stayed behind at the crank as we fell back, and his plan was to let the water up to his feet, drowning them. Then, he turned and walked off without pulling the crank. To this day no one knows why. Apparently there was some miscommunication. So the entire tunnel system was flooding behind us and it was completely his fault. We later plugged it with this dumb, giant millipede we stumbled upon and mind controlled. It was a good use for it.
    "What do you tell to a drunken sailor?" "Tell him to turn off his cellphone!"

http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/d...rising/8199671 Download my book for free! You might even enjoy it.

20. - Top - End - #230

My girlfriend at the time lived in a spare room at my parents' house, and she was the DM of our gaming group. The party was:

Roondar (Me, Gnome Illusionist)
    Elnias (I think) (Half-elf Monk)
    Hruntrig (Dwarven Barbarian)
    Min (Human Cleric)

We went through some situation where my character ended up getting a Staff of Fire and the love and adoration of some nymph-type creature. The player playing Hruntrig asked why he (me) got all the good stuff. The player playing Elnias leaned over and whispered, "He's sleeping with the DM."
    Hruntrig's player looked horrified. All this time, he thought we were brother and sister.
    Zombitar courtesy of Djinn_In_Tonic.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

I'm a bard in a party that also contains a drunken halfling warlock, a stripping avenger, and a pyromaniac artificer. On our way to the main city, we stayed overnight at a stereotypical inn/pub. As long as we were there, we thought we'd make a little money by putting on a show. The stripping avenger did her thing, I played my lute, and the warlock danced around. We all rolled very well, so the audience was loving it and we were making some good money. Well, the artificer thought our show needed a little more fire, so he sent off a fireball for some excitement. In a wooden building. Well, he rolled a nat 20 for it, and so set the whole building on fire and the party had to escape both the collapsing firey building but also the angry people whose bar we destroyed. So much for side cash...

22. - Top - End - #232

Just DM`d my 1st game yesterday.....SOOOOO many funny moments.

The party:

Ezio the human Chaos Paladin (paladin that has to cause chaos once a week or he loses his paladin-ship)

Eragon the Human Fighter, Owner of Gorlath (see below)

Greg, The classless Gnome (Basicly The Angel on their shoulder) He get bullied a lot, cause he never does anything usefull. Controled by me.

GORLATH THE DESTROYER!: A Inteligent head band (talking headband) that yells things out at the worst times. ("OK, where gonna sneak up behind this guy"
    "FIGHT HIM YOU COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!")
    He`s cursed, so Eragon can't take him off. (basicly the dominate Devil on their shoulder)
    (My players Cannot make up good names)

The party was in an inn. A zombie is outside Ezio`s door. Ezio Tackles the door, rolls a natural 20. The door flys off it`s hinges, smashing the zombie into Eragons door. Eragon, wanting to look cool, trys the same thing. Natural 1. The tackles the door, instead of knocking it down, He gets a huge sliver in his arm, causing him to lose use of his left arm for a few hours until they found a good healer.

2. After killing all the zombies in the inn, they raid the attached bar. They find 81 bottles of wine that I planned for them to sell. They put the bottles in their bag of holding. Later, they steal a boat, and are fighting a zombie controled boat. They fire the cannon a few times, then, to my surprise, stuff some of the dead sailors rags into the wine bottles, light them on fire, and toss them at the zombie ship. The bombarded a ship full of zombies with moltov cocktails.......

3. After while, their ship is steered into a ton of rocks, while greg is driving. They salvage NOTHING exept the ships cannon and about 15 cannon balls. These go into the BOH. Later in the adventure, Ezio befreind an elephant, to use as a mount. When they return to town, he orders a custom saddle with a flat area to hold "supplies". He places the saddle (platform realy...) on the elephants back. He nails down the cannon to the platform.....they now have mobile artilary......

4. (Before the elephant cannon) They come across a cabin in the woods. Scared of what might be inside, they place the cannon in front of the door. Gorlath shouts "FIRE YOU COWARDS!!!" and takes cOntroll of Eragons body, making him fire the cannon.

Who was inside? An old man and his two children. The old man and 1 child where killed in the blast. They coupe de grace the other child out of pitty.

Midrange explosives.

23. - Top - End - #233

First of all, that headband is a bastard.

Second, I'm pretty sure that wine isn't inflammable, because it is composed mostly of water. Only some other spirits with a very high alcohol content, like 80% or more, would have worked in a molotov cocktail.

Are Chaos Paladins good or evil?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rule of Cool.

Wait, they Coup de Graced a child?!
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

25. - Top - End - #235

Well a chaos paladin is chaotic evil, hence the child`s coupe de grace.

And it wasn`t realy "wine". It was the taverns special brew, but we just called it super wine.

And yeah, gorlath is mean....

Midrange explosives.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

So I was playing RPGA Living Force, Star Wars a couple years ago with my Gungan soldier, named Captain Marsune. So I am playing and we get to this corporation we have to sneak into. I had recently aquired a masterwork disguise kit.

Me: Hey, can I use this disguise kit to make me look like a security guard?

The entire table bursts out laughing, and my one friend says that he can 'just imagine a Gungan with a big handlebar mustache saying "Mesa work here for ten years"

They settle down, and we finish the adventure. Next convention, my frind had made a picture of a gungan with the mustache. This gets hilarious as a couple people know my character from playing with me.

My friend soon is accepted as an RPGA module writer. He and a couple of his buddies write my character into no less than three other modules.

Two of them in Living Arcanis and one in Living Forgotten Realms. He is really just a camo NPC, usually a hard working ships captain who has a large handlebar mustache and has 'worked on the docks for ten years..."
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

27. - Top - End - #237

Our Party in a 4e game:

Mindartis (Eladrin Wizard)
    Corric (Elven Ranger)
    Rhogosh (Dragonborn Pally)
    Arthur (Human Warlord)
    Narc Shmoff (Halfling Fighter)
    John (Tiefling Warlock) [sometimes]

In our setting Eladrin rule over Elves, who are treated a lot like blacks under Apartheid, so there's a huge amount of tension between our forgiving Elf and a-hole Eladrin. The Eladrin is normally the leader. Rhogosh is a doormat. Arthur is a coward who hides with his stealth boosting items even though he's almost as good a tank as Rhogosh. Narc is mentally retarded, and the comic relief. He usually takes out a minion in the whole fight. John's player is at college, so he only plays with us on breaks. John terrifies the others and usually helps them out of some dire situation.

---

So the party is in a dungeon. They're at a fork and need to know which way to go, Corric is the only scout, so he goes left. There's a pair of enchanted repeating crossbows that open up on him when he's between them, trapping him. Narc runs in and triggers a jet of fire that incapacitates him. Rhogosh runs through a hail of bolts, grabs Corric, and then runs back out. Meanwhile Mindartis has made a tensers floating disk, forced Arthur onto it, and is flying him towards Narc to help him. Due to his incredible carefulness, he bashes Arthur into the ceiling and Rhogosh has to go get him.

Later that session, everyone's healed up. They come to a room where the doors lock behind them and sand pours in through the windows. There is a ledge up above with a control panel visible, it consists of a red button and a green button. They throw Narc up and shout "GREEN!" at him over and over, but he pounds red. The walls start closing in. He hits red again, spikes come out of the walls. He hits red again, a fireball goes off. Luckily Corric scaled the wall and hit green enough to make all the traps disable and the doors unlock.

A later session. They're in a town, questioning a suspicious person. John orders Rhogosh to hit him every time he lies, which angers Corric. They argue and he and Arthur leave. Mindartis makes Corric wet himself with prestigiditation. Corric and Arthur go into an adjacent building and throw things down through a window at Mindartis. Arthur shoots at him with a grappeling hook and tangles him. The prisoner escapes when Mindartis is pulled out the window and left dangling in mid-air, with Corric and Arthur barely holding him up.

Various times: While riding along in the woods Mindartis will use prestigiditation to make Arthur or Corric wet themselves.

Our last session: The final showdown of the dungeon, the party is level 5. Rhogosh charges the elite demon (level 5), while Mindartis cleans up the undead. Corric is trying to hold off the reinforcements, Narc is dueling one minion for his life, and Arthur decides to stealth himself, sit down, and eat lunch. Rhogosh is getting pwned by the demon, he's down to 1/4th health, and the demon is only bloodied. Rhogosh's player is getting all mad at Arthur's player (they sit next to each other) and tells him to play or leave. He throws a bottle of vinegar at the demon, crits, and blinds it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar, and many thanks, to Nevitan!

Thanks to Lubirio for the calligraphy signature!

Quotes and Links:

Quote Originally Posted by Beholder1995 View Post
    Lupy, you have officially reached that point known as 'awesome'.
    Quote Originally Posted by quinsar View Post
    You win Lupy!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    It had nothing to do with the damn parakeet!
    A little song about the internet.

To the Dancing Fox Inn!

PM me about Linux!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Rule of Cool.

Wait, they Coup de Graced a child?!
    Meh, I once critted one on a Sneak Attack.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I once played with a rogue that would ONLY use diplomacy. If diplomacy failed, he was either already dead or fleeing. Managed to be the most useless in our group of all newbies
    My favorite example:
    DM: you are approached by a pack of wolves. they look very hungry
    Rogue: I use diplomacy!
    DM: The wolves patiently listen to your argument. They wage the Pros and Cons of said argument, and bite you in the neck

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwark View Post
    I once played with a rogue that would ONLY use diplomacy. If diplomacy failed, he was either already dead or fleeing. Managed to be the most useless in our group of all newbies
    My favorite example:
    DM: you are approached by a pack of wolves. they look very hungry
    Rogue: I use diplomacy!
    DM: The wolves patiently listen to your argument. They wage the Pros and Cons of said argument, and bite you in the neck
    heh...thats awsome!

my newest story comes from a starwars campaign I'm part of

In this game there's one paticular character that its about. Our kushiban scout. She is like 10 inches tall...very, very small and looks like a bunny rabbit.
    well our frirst encounter of the game we're trying to hold our positions against a boarding party. all of the rest of the party are firing blasters and working on blocking the door. well this little kushiban has not had anyone paying attention to her...we thought she was just a pet...so she suddenly grabbed a hand blaster and wasted one of the borders. we all gaped at the bunny rabbit looking thing in amazement as she took out people with a gun almost as big as she is..

she has therefore earned the name blaster bunny
    and my character is scared to death of her.
    We are Here. We are One. We are the Playground.