New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Griffon

Default Re: Throughout the planes group B (IC)

Derrat

Derrat looks deeper into the Library (I have the See In Darkness ability of Devils, to an unlimited Range) and Begins speaking to the stairs asking them:

1) What is under you?
    2) When were you last disturbed?
    3) By what?
    4) Were you cut an moved? Or are you natural to this area?
    5) What type of rocks are around you (Metamorphic, Igneous, all that other stuff)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Derrat sees about five more feet of worm-eaten carpet before the slope of the ceiling cuts off his view. He also sees a gray lower torso, possibly the bottome of a statue. The stones whisper back.
    1)We rest above the Bloodstone earth. Nothing else.
    2)Over a century ago. (You know that King Gareth vanquished Zhengyi within the last ten years.)
    3)The last thing to tread us was our maker.
    4)We were made from the earth.
    5)Metamorphic.
    Aliam finds nothing.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

3. - Top - End - #33

Iago would like to get behind Aliam and splash Detect Magic all over the tomb entrance.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Iago sees nothing magic apart from the gear of his compatriots.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Griffon

Derrat

Well everyone, things are not looking so good. The stones tell me they have not been disturbed in a century.

So even though it is possible that Mr Zhengyi used a different entrance, I am inclined to believe that this is a bad start.

If everyone would please step away from the door and light any lights you may require, I am going to seal us in.

(Moves into position to use Wall of Stone to close of the Doorway.)

6. - Top - End - #36

Wait... if they 'had not been disturbed', does that mean no one stepped on them? Because there are conceivably ways of getting in there without disturbin the stones.

Iago flies around and then teleports back to where he started.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Griffon

Derrat

I am well aware of such methods, however, I am not taking any chances.

(As soon as someone gets out a light source, Derrat will seal the door.)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Aliam

Aliam looks at Derrat, "I'm confused, you want us to all step inside so you can seal us in? Um.... NO. How about that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit OOC: This was my trap search roll ignore it Search: (1d20+24)[31], I somehow missed that we had gone to a different page and I missed that I had found nothing (without even rolling). ;)
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-28 at 12:13 AM. Reason: lots of mistakes
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #39

Iago picks up a large branch from outside, wraps a long rag around it, and hits it with a Brimestone blast.

We're ready.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Griffon

Derrat seals the door.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Aliam

Aliam steps outside the passageway and waits for Derrat to speak with him before a confrontation is forced. "You are not in charge here, Derrat... and you don't make unilateral and unexplained decisions."

Edit: I'm outside when he does that.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-28 at 12:17 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #42

Worried about being trapped inside?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Griffon

If Aliam is outside, Derrat will create the wall in a large hemisphere that includes Aliam.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Aliam

Aliam looks at Derrat, "What are you, a child? Do you think that this gets you your way in some strange universe of your own? I can escape this trap you think you have me in, and then you can all go and take care of this matter yourself. I was being paid to operate with professionals... apparently this isn't the case."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

After dismounting from her horse Eshe pulls a ranseur from her quiver. She lets the others examine the entrance and busies herself in looking up the hillock for any skylights or balconies that might be apparent.

"Alaim", she adresses him in a calming tone, "You say yourself that this barrier doesn't hold you, nor I for that matter and I don't think it would many others for long. Derrat obviously thinks that security here might be improved if we are not interupted by wandering beasts. He said himself that he is not a fighter, if he feels safer with it up allow him that liberty.
    "And Derrat, he is quite correct, you are not leader here, you might be used to working alone but were comrade's here and we need to heed one another. Why did you raise that barrier when asked not to? Alaim obviosly has a reason, else he would not have said."
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-08-28 at 08:05 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How do we balance the need to keep the RP flowing and the need to have a majority of the party consent to our actions?

Everyone calm down. The barrier does not present an obstacle to us, and prevents people from easily sneaking in behind us and ganking someome at the back of the party.

Besides, we are supposed to be going forwards, not backwards aren't we?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Aliam

Aliam shakes his head, "My first point is this... stones speak and tell us nobody has walked on them in a century, and we are worried about someone coming in behind us? My second point is this... one person in the party does not take a unilateral action, against the opinion of someone else in the party, without explaining himself. There was no need to rush the sealing of the tunnel without discussing it. My third point is this... blocking off our only route of escape is a stupid idea under any circumstances. Yes, he can open it any time... if he is with us. Certainly, it does not bother you Iago, you seem to be able to teleport, more or less at will. I can get past this barrier, by preparing carefully at the beginning of the day, and sacrificing some of my other options for that day. I simply can't work with this builder. He's two strikes down with me, and I'm not waiting for the third strike to kill me. I'm hired, and I would rather take a hit to my professional reputation than end up dead." He gestures, "Feel free to move on... I'll be out of here eventually, but I'm not working with Derrat anymore."

ooc spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We do NOT move things ahead by taking unilateral actions against the advice of someone else... and then logging off because we don't want to deal with the RP results of our actions. Feel free to play the game on without my character in this party. I've read all the articles about making choices that work with the party and keep the story going... and I'm always prepared to make concessions and admit when I'm wrong, but the way Akimbo is playing Derrat is ridiculous and I do not feel at all wrong in following my character's reaction and pulling out this adventure (and consequently pulling myself of this game). Sorry to dissapoint you all, but Derrat has basically made a threat against Aliam that requires an appropriate response.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-28 at 11:54 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show
    We do NOT move things ahead by taking unilateral actions against the advice of someone else... and then logging off because we don't want to deal with the RP results of our actions.
    You may have a point about the other stuff, but you know that everyone has to log off sometime.

I can get past this barrier, by preparing carefully at the beginning of the day, and sacrificing some of my other options for that day.
    If you asked nicely, I'd teleport you too.

Iago touches Aliam and teleports him outside.

Well, if you really want, you're free to go.

I will, of course, keep quiet the reason you quit, so as not to endanger your future employment prospects. I'm sure the others will as well, such as the wizard who has in fact not said anything all day.
    Last edited by Stupendous_Man; 2008-08-28 at 12:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Aliam

Aliam nods, "Good luck... and watch out for Derrat. For obvious reasons I don't trust him, though that will be your choice if you wish to do so."

ooc spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make a point, except... I noticed that he stayed on long enough to respond to me being outside by sealing me in; and he stayed on for 10 minutes after I posted, then logged off. Then this morning he got on long enough to respond on the ooc channel to someone else, but not on the IC channel to me. I don't know why he chose to take a supposed "charisma" based character and not tried to talk to the other characters about his actions. Really though, good luck all. I'm transferring to the other group with SilentNight's permission.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Griffon

Derrat

The Stones tell us that this place has not been used by the man we were told it belongs to. My primary concern is that there may be an ulterior motive to this quest, and I would just as soon not deal with anyone else he should choose to send in afterwards to kill us.

As for your request, I am discussing it with you now, what is the difference. I personally would prefer to discuss in relative safety.

Spoiler
    Show
    1) I'm sorry that by real life takes precedence over this game. In the future I will neither sleep nor attend the classes I pay money to attend without your express permission. By the way, I have another class at 3:30, is it okay if I log off to go to that?

2) Derrat is also motivated by some knowledge beyond what he has presented. It is not an unreasonable action.

3) A key part of Derrat's character is his generally inhuman view of things like stone. This is someone who will never die of old age with both Disintegrate and Wall of Stone at will. As far as he is concerned all he did was close and lock the door. There is no reason that he couldn't open it again in the next six seconds. Would you react so violently (You not Aliam) to Eshe's character closing the door without discussing it in advance?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

ooc spoiler

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I'm gone by the time you talk, your IC words are wasted. You make interesting points about why your character chose to act the way you did... I am not complaining about your life or posting except that you deliberately hung around to force the issue of "closing the door" on us after you knew my character had an objection to it... and when I stepped outside the door you essentially "pushed" me back inside the building and slammed the door on us. I'm not objecting to how you chose to play your character, I'm merely telling you that my character would not interact with another character who acts that way. It's not something I can just "swallow" to allow the game to continue. Have fun though. :) *waves*
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-08-28 at 12:52 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eshe looks about feeling a little uncomfortable now, she bites her lip and glances about as over time it becomes apparent no-one else is going to speak. "Hold on, I'll just go check on them." She says springing up and landing on the roughly made wall. She looks down at the pair and nods to them if they look at the 'crash' her armour made as landing.

Spoiler
    Show
    the walls what? 40ft. high? if so I shouldn't need to roll
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-08-28 at 04:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    The wall is sealed at the top, bottom, and sides flush against the entrance, so there is no jumping over it.

24. - Top - End - #54

Iago teleports back in and signals that he is ready to continue.

Well, at least we'll be more... maneuverable as a group now.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

((If nobody has anything else to do lets get a move on.))

As you preceed down the stairs, you see that the corridor is about ten feet wide and of worked stone. The odor grows stronger and is almost a palpable pressure on you. The floor is covered in a red carpet, eaten with holes. Along the edges are various statues in battle poses. The one immediately on your left is of an elven maid in leather armor. A look of abject horror upon her face and hands thrown up as if to ward off some unseen blow. The corridor continues on for another fifty feat to a double door and then continues to the left.

My meager homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56

Iago's eyes flash blue for a moment as he casts Detect Magic over the stone statue.

Now, I am not an expert on monsters, but I believe there are children's tales of how unrealistically realistic statues of people in utter terror warding their eyes are bad sign?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

The statue does not register as magical, nor do the others in the immediate area. All of them are of a similar theme to the first. ((let me know how long you're keeping the detect magic active.))

My meager homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58

Iago will keep his Detect Magic on constantly, as it is an at-will ability.

So.... what if we run into a medusa?

Perhaps if I....

Iago pulls a mirror out of his Haversack and turns around, using the mirror to look behind him and at the statues.

Like that guy from that story.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

Griffon

I'm not so worried about Medusa, despite all the stories, I've met more then one person that looked such a creature in the eye and lived to tell the tale.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't take precautions though.

Derrat slips silently into the wall and explores the surrounding area for nearby chambers. (Tremorsense 60ft, if I feel any creatures I'll stop and report back).
    Last edited by Akimbo; 2008-08-29 at 06:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Derrat senses no creatures. After the corridor turns left he finds that the hallway continues with a door on either side. The Statues also continue down the corridor.

My meager homebrew