New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG II: Now with 30% More Sporks

((Doesn't matter, it'll slow the reactions of whatever's locomoting the body. Same principle. However, I should note he's still capable of fighting, he's just a bit slower than normal.))

"Happyturtle" sees him do something with his thumb, and deduces what it probably is fairly quickly. As he swings the mug, she meets it with her fist, shattering it. She barely winces even though shards of porcelain are lodged in her hand.
    "What is that, some kind of signaller or something? Cute, but I'm afraid I can't let you do that. And you'll certainly have to do better than that to beat me."
    She giggles, and then graps his thumb with her right hand, and squeezes it hard enough to break the bone, and certainly any transmitter implanted there.

After this, "Happyturtle"'s body begins to transform, writhing into that of a tall female in her mid twenties, with long brown hair tied back in a ponytail and wearing a formfitting black jumpsuit. Her hand reaches her waist, and pulls out a cylinder which she keyes. Flowing metal erupts from it into the shape of a sword, solidifies, and hardens. The blade glitters in the reflected light of the bathroom. She gives a rather sadistic grin, her eyes glittering with delight.

"By the way, I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Erica. And you're dead." She then lunges forwards with the blade.
    Last edited by LordVader; 2008-08-25 at 09:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

((^ he said it was a digital poison, which I would assume to be some sort of nanites, so yeah, it should work, unless vampires are held together by magic, not nerves. Ninja'd by a ninja)
    Yeah, something similar happened to m- -do you hear that? A dull bleeping noise sounded, as if from far off source.
    Abruptly, it stopped just as fast.

Edit: ((^ You shouldn't have done that, I was gonna run in, see happyturtle and a random vampire fighting, then attack the vampire.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-08-25 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

((I will be AFK for 5-10 minutes, post your response anyways. ))

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

(you missed me swinging at her with the coffee mug. :P)
    seeing her do a LUNGE of all things, he merely uses his advantage of reach (legs are longer than arms usually by X2, and Fanboys 6"1), and kicks her in the sstoamch underneath her blade.
    "You know I usually DONT hit women, but I'll make an exception in your case amatuer."
    he said as he RIPPED the steel towel rack of the wall bits of cinder block still attaced to each end, yet he wieled it like it was a baton.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-25 at 09:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Banned

Nora nods. "Yes. Is it dangerous?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

It stopped, but I think it came from the shower, lets go.
    Quickly running to the showers, he encounters a vampire locked in combat with a woman.
    *Holds out hand, and spear instantly materializes in it.*
    FOUL UNDEAD ABOMINATION, YOU ARE NOT LONG FOR THIS WORLD!

((Sorry, but seriously, how would YOU act if you were in my situation.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-08-25 at 09:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Fortunately, Nora is with him, and knows Fanboy is a member of GLoG. She restrains KidKris just enough to get his attention. "He is on our side."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    (you missed me swinging at her with the coffee mug. :P)
    seeing her do a LUNGE of all things, he merely uses his advantage of reach (legs are longer than arms usually by X2, and Fanboys 6"1), and kicks her in the sstoamch underneath her blade.
    "You know I usually DONT hit women, but I'll make an exception in your case amatuer."
    he said as he RIPPED the steel towel rack of the wall bits of cinder block still attaced to each end, yet he wieled it like it was a baton.
    ((Tsk tsk. I said she shattered the mug. :P And I'm fairly certain legs don't outreach arms that much at all, especially when said army is carrying a 2-3' blade in it.))

Erica is quite tall, probably approaching six feet, and as Fanboy kicks out at her, she ducks under the kick and to one side. She then takes advantage of Fanboy being off-balance from a missed kick, and should easily be able to give him a nasty cut along the side with the sword, simply because with the sword in hand, she easily outreaches Fanboy. After giving the cut, she will dodge to the side.

((I'd say attempts to cut, but I don't see any way at all Fanboy can avoid it, as he's just missed a kick and left himself wide open; furthermore, the arm+blade is longer than his leg in the first place.))

If the beacon emits a bleeping sound, clearly obvious to the ear, then Erica will hurl a fast-sealing agent at the door before she begins her lunge. It won't seal all of it, but it should seal enough, making it very hard to open.
    Last edited by LordVader; 2008-08-25 at 09:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

But he is undead, an abomination!

((In the world my character comes from, there is no such thing as an arcane necromancer, the only undead are either self willed, or from an evil cleric. Such a thing is an abomination, and a rebellion against the will of the God of Death, and ALL undead are put down. Obviously, he doesn't realize things are different here.))

Abruptly the door closes, and there is a muffled hiss as the sealing agent hardens.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-08-25 at 09:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

((Door would have been shut before you guys got there. If the transmitter emits a loud beeping and not a silent signal read by some kind of device, Erica would have heard it and sealed the door immediately.))

Muffled sounds can be heard from inside the room; the end of a feminine voice, followed by what sounds like scuffling.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, okay, retcon all the above. We arrive at the door and hear muffled fighting sounds. Khiansa attempts to break through. Unfortunately, the door seems to be jammed shut.

((goes off to look at the bard and cleric spell lists to see if there is anything that could help, I'm not that familiar with DnD yet.))

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy being a vampire, and HIGHLY superhumanly dextrous, manage to avoid being tottaly impaled but he does manage to get a nasty looking cut along his side.
    "There's one thing yu forgot Erica. Forturanous Manthos Imperi! I'ma mage to."
    (concentration check is EASILY mde to cast defensively. The spell is a extrodainary spell aim'd Meteor Swarm. (meaning it doesn't effect me.) )

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

((alright, I'm sorry, but if you fire a Meteor Swarm in a bathroom, you kill yourself. :P ))

Erica grins as he begins to talk.
    "Exactly, which is why that poison keeps you from concentrating enough to cast anything REALLY powerful. Besides, I was forged to be a weapon to kill people with paranormal abilities with. Idiot."

As he begins to cast the spell, if he can even focus enough to do it, Erica will fire another digital weapon, this time one that simply causes pain, throwing off his spell if the soporific hasn't done it already.

"And from the sound of it, your buddies are outside. You shoot off anything too strong in here, you toast you, probably don't kill me, and kill your buddies too. Do you really want that?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

(( How strong is the sealant, if I cast Bulls Strength on my self, then attempt to break down the door, will it work?))

*Casts Bulls Strength on self*

Stand back Nora.

*Attempts to kick down door.*

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

(extrodinary spell aim, allows me to ignore myself if I would be a target of my own spell. Hoenstly, that, and the meteor swarm isn't powerful enough to go through a wall AND kill two magicly warded people., and honestly the cheesey comments on epic magic are NOTHING next to space marine fluff.)
    Fanboy grunted as the pain causing chemcial was god moded into his system.
    "Okay you wanna play it that way fine."
    he twirls the concrete wieghted steel bar he tore from the wall, like it was weightless baton.
    "LETS PLAY!"
    His eyes are having a tint of the old red in them now, as he swings again, and again with each end of the weighted steel bar.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

Nora takes a couple of steps back, while unsheathing her shortsword and readying herself to rush inside and attack if necessary, as her player waits for LordVader to post.

EDIT: ((>.< He's not online. He did that thing where his green light takes a quarter of an hour to turn grey...))
    Last edited by Admiral_Kelly; 2008-08-25 at 09:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

((The dude deadtimed. Shame, I was gonna summon a celestial elephant to smash through the wall.))

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

(Well I gotta deadtime to, sorry guys, but I gotta get up at 5 bleeping AM to gwet to work.)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Banned

(( See ya Fanboy. ))

Nora sighs. "It appears we cannot do anything about this. Do you want to go back to the kitchen?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

((Leave in the middle of a battle? I guess that makes sense Maybe we should try and amuse ourselves elsewhere? I don't really know what happens in stuff like this. There's someone in the visitors center though. I gave him an automated drone to play with since we were indisposed but we could head there now.))

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

( No sleep for me, strupid neighbors.)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    (extrodinary spell aim, allows me to ignore myself if I would be a target of my own spell. Hoenstly, that, and the meteor swarm isn't powerful enough to go through a wall AND kill two magicly warded people., and honestly the cheesey comments on epic magic are NOTHING next to space marine fluff.)
    Fanboy grunted as the pain causing chemcial was god moded into his system.
    "Okay you wanna play it that way fine."
    he twirls the concrete wieghted steel bar he tore from the wall, like it was weightless baton.
    "LETS PLAY!"
    His eyes are having a tint of the old red in them now, as he swings again, and again with each end of the weighted steel bar.
    ((I apologize for the deadtime, I had to go unexpectedly.
    #1- A Meteor Swarm is a series of projectiles that then explode in massive bursts of flame. That WILL hurt you, and WILL blow through the wall injuring anyone there.
    #2- As good as Space Marines are, I guarantee you an epic D&D mage would eat them for breakfast, if the things I've seen are any indication. And besides,who said anything about Space Marines? ))

Erica adopts a guard stance and ducks most of the swings of the bar. One catches her on the arm, knocking her back momentarily. She quickly recovers, and slices a good two to three inches off the end of it on the next swing.

((As far as the chemical goes, if something can feel sensations, it can feel pain. Fanboy can feel things, therefore he can feel pain, and he has muscles, which can be slowed. No godmodding here.))

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Does my attempt to cast Bull's Strength on my self then kick down the door work? If not, I cast Shatter to sunder the wood of the door then try again.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't figure that it's a particularly strong door, so if your kick is strong enough to punch a hole through it, the hole will be there for your to enlarge as you see fit.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

((^ good thing too, I was gonna summon a celestial elephant if that didn't work))

I cut through the hole I made and crawl through. I see a well armed woman I don't know fighting a Ninja vampire I don't know. I have no idea what to do.

((I was going to attack Fanboy but since you already seem to have the upper hand I figured it was too much?))

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

((Fanboy's been doing it wrong (Erica came prepared for magic, it's not going to get him anywhere, and as this is potentially a tie-in to a much better plot, I have no intention of killing him. You see, Erica is not an NPC, she's one of my old Town characters, and the leader of the (mostly gone) Thieves' Guild.))

As Fanboy appears to be AFK, the fight is paused with him swinging the bar, Erica cutting it, and Kris smashing through the door.

((Also, you may want to use third person for clarity of character.))
    Last edited by LordVader; 2008-08-25 at 10:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Thanks for the tip. Anyway, I'll just go amuse myself elswhere. (HiT needed an avatar for Annalee right? I'll make that.)
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-08-25 at 10:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

The dream was changing. The butterflies still come and tear her apart, and then are destroyed in their turn, but then instead of ending there with Turtle awaking in terror, the dream continues. Saint Nil flies in and touches his staff to each crushed butterfly in turn, returning it to life, until they all fly about him in a colorful cloud.

Then he kneels next to Turtle's broken body and touches her face. He says one word... Forgiveness... and she feels a deep sense of peace. She realizes that for the first time in her life, she isn't afraid, as she takes her last breath.

Turtle wakes up clutching the holy staff in one hand. She looks similar to the form she wore yesterday--a human woman with long brown hair--but the Arkencabbage is gone. Where it had been left on her nightstand, there is a red trilby hat. It is only faintly magical.

Turtle places some of the aromatic salts (today they smell like freshly cut grass) that Czernov had given her in a tiny vial that hangs around her neck from a gold chain. Her asthma inhaler is in her pocket, and she carries the holy staff. She goes upstairs, hoping that Fanboy will be there.

((Don't have long before work, so she's not going to get involved in the combat scene))
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-08-26 at 12:40 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

((Okay, Logalmier came into the visitors center earlier, asking for the Arkencabbage and saying he needed to destroy it.))

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KidKris View Post
    ((Okay, Logalmier came into the visitors center earlier, asking for the Arkencabbage and saying he needed to destroy it.))
    ((Sounds like a great story! Turtle only has the Arkencabbage one day in five, and doesn't know where it goes the rest of the time. So if you have any ideas, feel free to work with them. Do you read Erfworld? It came from there, and was made by the Titans. It's a healing cabbage when Turtle has it, but who knows what it does when someone else is wielding it?))

((I just finished reading the visitor's centre. LOVE the drone. ))
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-08-26 at 12:22 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs