New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: The Actual Vega North Campaign

Cara

Ughhhhhh! I cant belive I landed in this stuff. Can you guys hear me? FOloow my voice.

She will keep calling out until people start coming to her.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Yivvix

Normally, Yivvix would try to keep calm and collected, but this was just too much. For most of the others, this would be coming just above their waist and, while disgusting, would be harmless for the most part. But Yivvix only came to about waist height of everyone else and as such, was up to his skull in the disgusting filth. Paddling above the foul mix, Yivvix called out to the others.

"I would like to say right now that none of you should be complaining! This is the worst situation I've been in up to my life now!"

Wanting to get out of the horrible solution as quickly as possible, Yivvix started to swim steadily through the guano towards the nearest wall to feel for some sort of ledge he could climb up onto.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search check: (1d20+3)[19]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ja

Ow. And also ew.

Jarold uttered in a very quiet whisper.

He had done a marvelous triple-half-turn-somersault in the air before landing in the disgusting goo. Had the fall been judged, let alone seen, he would have been given high marks for style and poise. Unfortunately, his landing was all but beautiful. Having landed on his back against the mush, all wind had escaped Jarold's dimunitive lungs. So he spent a couple seconds "floating" on his back regaining his breath, feeling both immeasurable pain and unfathomable disgust.

Though he was fortunate enough to have full use of his hands which he put to use.

Lariat Imuse. Fight darkness with light.

Though temporary, Jarold hoped casting light upon his drum set would help him to see where the others had landed or at least help the others see where he landed.

Spoiler
    Show

Jarold casts Light (lasts 10 minutes).
    Spot Check: (1d20+2)[22]

4. - Top - End - #184

Slavomir

Though he tried to drag Willen and Darin from the cliff edge Slavomir's strength just wasn't enough, and the three of them fell into the pit in a jumble of arms and legs.

Somehow in the fall Slavomir was pushed away from the tangle and landed near to the pit's wall in an awkward manner. Having the breath blasted from him, the paladin made the fatal mistake of breathing in deeply as he surfaced.

"Kalia's will! Pfft, phuut!" he sputters, trying to spit out the horrible taste.

Feeling incredibly vulnerable he holds his shield close to his chest as he slowly rotates to try and take in his surroundings, but is nearly blinded by Ja's magical light.

"Good thinking Ja, do you have a spell for ze smell too?"

Slavomir takes a good long look around their new location, looking despondently at the guano streaked walls and the horrible water.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #185

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot my rolls,

Listen - (1d20+2)[11]
    Spot - (1d20+2)[22]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Darin

Trying to keep his balance before the fall, Darin is taken off his feet by Slavomir's good intentions. He drops gracelessly face first into the bat sewage and barely closes his eyes in time. Getting relatively upright, the rogue tries to wipe off the majority of the guano from his face using the small amount of his person not drenched.

"It's in my nose. Wonderful."

Trying to regain his composure, he looks around where the group has fallen. Fighting the instinct to hide from the sudden light source and keep to the shadows, he tries to make sense of the situation.

"Everyone still have their weapons? Chances are whatever made the collapse put us right where they want us."

His eyes adjusting, Darin looks for a way out.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20)[13]
    Search - (1d20+3)[21]
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #187

Spoiler
    Show
    Enough of you made the spot check and I assume shared the results with your peers. Prior to the cave in, a dark figure let loose some variety of arcane energy upon the crevasse around you. You couldn't see much more than a black leather coat. But the outline of his facial features weren't humanoid by any stretch of the imagination. It looked like some kind of bird. A crow? Or a raven?
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Rhah

Taken completely by surprise, Rhah falls like an uninformed brick as the ground beneath him gives way. He is fortunate enough to fall on his back though, which saves a good time not spent on scraping muck off his face. Staying still for a moment, Rhah tries to shake off the dizzy feeling, and uses this time to ponder on the reason that why he hasn't prepared any light spells. Sure, he had some alchemical light sticks, but he won't use them if he could get off otherwise. With these thoughts, he gets up and tries to focus on the sounds that others might make, so that he can find them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+4)[13]
    Listen - (1d20+4)[20]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Willem
    Willem stands up, not needing to call out now that there is light.
    "Will not the light make us visible to whoever is up above? We should get out of sight."

10. - Top - End - #190

Ja

Well...I haven't felt anyone attack me or heard anyone shooting arrows at me. I think, for the time being, we are "safe".

Jarold responded to Willem's question, in a very uncharacteristically matter-of-fact kind of way. Though, if one were to listen carefully, Jarold's pain threshold could be heard breaking.

And as he lay there, unmoving, he looked up in the darkness and fully took in how far they had all fallen. A feeling of vertigo overcame him as he thought about it and decided to find something to distract him from the thought. Oddly enough, after being reminded of filth in which he was laying, he would soon find himself longing for the vertigo. Having finally felt the urge to move from is location; Jarold looked around to study the dimensions of the cavern and possible exits.

He also hoped the looking would discern an escape route from the muck, preferably one that involved the least amount of "swimming".

Spoiler
    Show

Not to be a pain or anything, but do we get xp for the fight/fall? I would also appreciate an updating of the area map (if the light actually shows anything discernable).

Also, Brutus (cdbd) hasn't posted since the first day. Doing a search on his recent posts, I can see that he actually hasn't just been ignoring this game. He hasn't posted on any of the forums since August 28th. Hopefully nothing bad happened.

11. - Top - End - #191

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone gets 100XP for the fight. I was en route to the lab when I remembered I had forgotten to reward XP. I have great faith that the players will not let me forget, so don't be afraid to remind me.

I'm pretty sure I gave Brutus a Bag of holding and then had him fall into a portable hole a few thread pages ago. I also hope nothing serious has happened, and since cbdb was enrolled in the South campaign, I too noticed he wasn't posting at all.

There is indeed a path that leads away from the muck. A few feet above the pool is a dry ledge. Leading away from it is a path slightly illuminated from sunlight, though the source of this light is out of view. A DC 12 climb check is needed to climb up out of the muck. Once one of you have made it out, you can easily assist someone else (setting the the climber's DC to 5).
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Willem
    Willem sloshes his large form over towards the route up and attempts to pull himself up, muscle endurance making up for any slowness of speed when choosing where to grab and pull.

Spoiler
    Show
    climb - (1d20+2)[15]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Rhah

Noticing the ledge, Rhah nears the wall and tries to climb his way out of the filth. He takes his time though, acting carefully to avoid any potential falls.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10, which with his +2 str modifier equals 12.

14. - Top - End - #194

Ja

Luckily the exit was not far. Seeing as some others had climbed up the ledge, he decided to finally move toward it. He made sure to keep his drums and current light source out of the muck and used a backstroke through the sludge.

Once he was free from the ick, Jarold felt very relieved. That lasted until he decided to check the status of his backpack...

Unfortunately, even with help, Jarold found himself back on his back in the filth.

Jarold let out a small whimper.

Anyone have some rop...

Jarold stopped before he could finish his sentence. He seemed instantly lost in thought.

I have a whip!

He exclaimed as the thought dawned on him. He tied the tip around his hand and flung the handle toward someone upon the ledge.

Please don't pull too fast.

Spoiler
    Show

Climb vs DC 5 (hopefully someone helps me): (1d20-1)[3]
    Last edited by Feirgon; 2008-09-23 at 10:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Yivvix

Spotting the others climbing up the ledge out of the filth, Yivvix hastily paddled through the guano over to them and climbed the ledge himself.

After sucessfully escaping the putrid mix, Yivvix proceeded to start brushing himself and shaking wildly to get as much of the slime off him as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb check (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-09-23 at 10:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Slavomir

Hitching his shield onto his back, Slavomir follows the others up the incline, hoping for a helping hand as he goes up.

"I am not too good at zis..."

Despite his own words Slavomir is able to scale the wall with his decent agility and luck. Whenever he starts to slip the paladin just jams his foot into the wall and somehow manages to catch a firm rock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb - (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-23 at 11:51 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone makes it up and is exploring the rest of the cave guided by Ja's drum light. After a slight bend, openings in the cave ceiling reveal direct sunlight shining onto a clear pool that appears to be completely unscathed by the bat population. The water is crisp and fresh, though something seems to be swimming in it. Something larger than just a fish. The cave walls are covered in cave algae, and the slick layer seems to prevent the bats from roosting on the ceiling.

Search checks are recommended. If you made a search check in the muck, you can use that roll or a new one for this check.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Ja

Just to let you guys know, this drum won't be providing light for much longer.

Oh. Nevermind.

Jarold found the daylight from the illuminated cavern refreshing. The cave now had a green glow as light reflected from the water and onto the algae covered walls. The seen was rather serene.

Yes! I can actually wash...off this...

What is that?

He queried as he pointed at the object in the water.

Spoiler
    Show

Search Roll: (1d20+2)[21]
    Spot (to try to make out what hes seeing) Roll: (1d20+2)[3]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Cara

She stares perplexed at the thing in the water, wondering what it can be.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

rolls to come later. not at home right now.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Willem
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search - (1d20)[20]
    bla bla bla text
    Last edited by J-H; 2008-09-25 at 05:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Cara rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[19] search
    (1d20+2)[8] spot

22. - Top - End - #202

Slavomir

"Ah, ve have rizen from perdition and have entered a beautiful place my friends."

Slavomir takes a step towards the pool, but then pauses and takes a long look inside of it, and the cave around him.

The phosphoresent fungi lent a strange green tint to the welcome yellow sunlight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search - (1d20)[14]
    Spot - (1d20+2)[16]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Searching reveals several large cracks along the cave wall. They seem to hide a fracture point, and a really good thwack would likely make them crumble. Fortunatly, some of you notice that the cracks lead to the ceiling and would likely result in a cave-in immediatly around the cracks in the wall.

Further, hidden under some mushrooms which seem to shine a different hue than the rest are the remains of Kalia only knows what (This is off of Slavomir's search check). These remains happen to have a weapon and a coin purse stuffed with gems. A humanoid looking hand is clutching a bag with tell tale signs of once having bat guano. Evidence suggests this guano thief had plenty to drink but started running out of things to eat...

Looking down in the well, the moving figure is the animated skeleton of possibly a cave bear. The creature is attempting to paddle it's way to the surface, unsuccesfully.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Willem
    Willem examines the corpse, careful to not touch the mushrooms.
    "Well, that's a nice bonus. Even the guano should be saleable. Shall we disassemble the skeleton? Undead are always a threat from what I know."

25. - Top - End - #205

Spoiler
    Show
    Messing with the guano is btw illegal. I knew I forgot something though. 200 GP in gems and coins. The weapon is a... (1d56)[12]

Iron Heavy Flail
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Rhah

"Weird..." Rhah mumbles as he looks at the swimming bear skeleton in the middle of the pool.

"It's almost as if a necromancer is practicing his "art" in this cave. We'll probably encounter more of these."

He readies his sling for a shot, but waits until they decide what to do.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Willem
    Spoiler
    Show
    I misread and thought there was still guano in the bag...already collected and "messed with"

"Shall I carry the valuables and we divide them up once we are outside and able to use them?"

28. - Top - End - #208

Spoiler
    Show
    I also seem to have forgotten to imply that behind the cracks is a passage, or at the least an opening. The exit to be blunt. I don't want to make people read between the lines for this. Unless I implicitly say something is a riddle, I mean for my language to be clear.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Cara

We should destroy this abomination as well, so it can no longer cause harm to the bats.

She will then shoot at it.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[7]
    (1d4)[2]
    continue shooting it until it crumbles.

30. - Top - End - #210

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunatly, the shots do not deal damage through the water.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show