New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping itP II: Scourge of the Seven Seas

*Yawns* Man it's been awhile since I've been in the shipping thread...which grew large enough it folded in upon itself and became an entirely new thread! Anywho, what's new and exciting in the world of GiantITP shipping? Have I or EE popped up any were?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Very nice fic.

Even though I don't blush. I just don't.

And I have never seen myself in the police....Just...Not me.

But very nice fic.

Looking forward to more.
    Well thank you. If you're not satisfied with my portrayal of you, remember that I've never met you and have only the most superficial of qualities to work from, and that it's very much just for fun. If you're really not satisfied, I can rearrange the story. - words being voluble as they are.

randman22222 - thank you for your nitpicks, I will edit the original post when I look at that paragraph, and please check your PM for a question about the other thing. Unfortunately everything I know about police procedure is from the X-Files so that area might have to remain a bit sketchy (it's funny, by contrast, how spot-on I can write being vomitously drunk. Write what you know they say?).
    And pshaw, you're the main character, of course you don't die.

And thank you to others also: Ethrael, I will try to think of a role for you in China Gold, but in the meantime, I have noticed that people who write ships tend to get shipped themselves. *poke*

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

While I have my families computer under my capable hands, I have decided to turn out a few short fics.
    Here they be.
    Also: those who beg for fics will get short, horribly written ships with me.

Aggression
    Moff Chumley/ RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    "RHL, I LOVE YOU!" He had screamed at the top of his lungs without even thinking. The room silenced, all eyes turning to him.
    And suddenly, a crumpled piece of paper arced through the air, hitting him successfully in the eye.
    In a messy hand, there was a message scribbled.

I know, now shut up.
    You're embarrassing.
    ...I love you, too

Bedside Companion
    Almighty Salmon/RHL
    Note: Really, its drabble. Not quite anything to be proud of...just an idea that didn;t get finished.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They had mislabled him, somehow.
    Honestly, how anyone could confuse a baby salmon with a goldfish, Rabbit didn't know. It didn't matter to her.
    She had found him at a Pet Smart and had thought him beautiful, so much so that she purchased him and a gallon tank (large accommodations for what she thought was a single goldfish) and took him home, placing him on her bedside table, where she smiled at him every morning, and kissed the glass of his tank every night.
    He quickly outgrew the small tank, and she had installed a larger aquarium, filled with charming plastic plants and ceramic pirate ships, which she watched him dance through late at night, as she dozed off, dreaming of bubbling tanks.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've written a fic! It was terrible, long ago and really kinda dumb but stil!! It still counts.

All right, I'll try and think of some more ships, and thanks for trying to include me in China Gold.

@ RHL: I actually liked those. Short, snappy and vivid.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

PM me for Uncrushed Banners

I'm taking a few avatar requests

Come one, show your appreciation with me for The_Chili_God

Sorry about the slow posting, peeps! Exams are starting to hit me...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    While I have my families computer under my capable hands, I have decided to turn out a few short fics.
    Here they be.
    Also: those who beg for fics will get short, horribly written ships with me.

Aggression
    Moff Chumley/ RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    "RHL, I LOVE YOU!" He had screamed at the top of his lungs without even thinking. The room silenced, all eyes turning to him.
    And suddenly, a crumpled piece of paper arced through the air, hitting him successfully in the eye.
    In a messy hand, there was a message scribbled.

I know, now shut up.
    You're embarrassing.
    ...I love you, too

Bedside Companion
    Almighty Salmon/RHL
    Note: Really, its drabble. Not quite anything to be proud of...just an idea that didn;t get finished.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They had mislabled him, somehow.
    Honestly, how anyone could confuse a baby salmon with a goldfish, Rabbit didn't know. It didn't matter to her.
    She had found him at a Pet Smart and had thought him beautiful, so much so that she purchased him and a gallon tank (large accommodations for what she thought was a single goldfish) and took him home, placing him on her bedside table, where she smiled at him every morning, and kissed the glass of his tank every night.
    He quickly outgrew the small tank, and she had installed a larger aquarium, filled with charming plastic plants and ceramic pirate ships, which she watched him dance through late at night, as she dozed off, dreaming of bubbling tanks.
    Those were awesome. The first one made me laugh. And I didn't think shorter fics were capable of being that decent before.
    This avatar by Phase.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's an idea to try: Nameless & Lyinginbedmon.

Heck knows they have chemistry

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Well thank you. If you're not satisfied with my portrayal of you, remember that I've never met you and have only the most superficial of qualities to work from, and that it's very much just for fun. If you're really not satisfied, I can rearrange the story. - words being voluble as they are.
    It's great, I'm sorry. *is sick-y, stressed and needs sleep*. Sorry again, I love the way you wrote that.

RHL, the first made me laugh and the second was the best drabble I have ever read.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    *Yawns* Man it's been awhile since I've been in the shipping thread...which grew large enough it folded in upon itself and became an entirely new thread! Anywho, what's new and exciting in the world of GiantITP shipping? Have I or EE popped up any were?
    not yet, but we can still hope

Come on shippers, you know you want to.....
    from
    EE

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

sure is slow today.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Banned

Not to be an impatient whatsit, but how's the index coming? ...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    sure is slow today.
    Your wish is my command, though I sure you'd prefer someone else.

This one really came out of an idea for the last line, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done something similar already.
    Top Secret Chambers — RHL/Dr. Bath
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabbit slipped into the steamy room and leaned against the door, exhausted. All day she had been chased after by sycophantic courtiers, but now she had finally escaped to the privacy of her own bath and she was prepared to make the most of her rare break. Finally a chance to do everything herself; no one was in her bath waiting on her hand and foot.

She loosed the buttons on her gown, and sighed with happiness as the outer robe fell to the floor and the warm steam coiled around her. A voice interrupted her pleasant revere. “Please keep those clothes on, miss.” Rabbit looked around in alarm, had an attendant somehow managed to infiltrate the top-secret sauna? What was a parrot doing perched on the edge of the tub?

“Excuse me? But, who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my private chambers!” The queen’s pent up anger spilled out at this unknown parrot and soon she was yelling at the top of her lungs. “Miss,” Came the voice. “Lower your voice miss, lower your voice!” It rang with authority and made Rabbit pause; she had never been spoken to that way.

“Why should I take orders from a parrot?” It sounded petulant, even to her. She was overwhelmed; everything was coming out wrong. She was surprised to realize that she wanted this strange parrot to like her, to respect her. “I’m sorry, that was childish. I apologize. I’m just so confused, what is a parrot doing in my very private bath?”

“He’s mine.” Said the voice. “And I accept your apology.” Rabbit had to look around again. “Who?” She asked. “Mine,” Replied the voice gently. “The bath’s.” Rabbit cocked her extravagant eyebrow. “You expect me to believe that?” Her heart was beating faster, why was it beating faster? What was going on?

“I do, miss.” Two golden orbs suddenly appeared at the top of the tub, golden eyes looking out at her. The most beautiful eyes in the world. Rabbit shook her head—what had come over her? —And looked away from the deep penetrating eyes.

“Ah, yes,” She stammered. “Now, this will sound awkward, but I really need a bath; would you mind if…” She tapered off. She was being too forward; he would reject her and… then what? “I mean, only if it isn’t awkward, of course,” “I wouldn’t mind at all.” Said the bath. “In fact, I would be honored for a queen to bathe in me.”

Rabbit smiled with joy and let her inner robes drop to the floor as she eased into the perfect, gently steaming water.

@V Fixed!
    Last edited by TRM; 2008-09-05 at 10:07 AM.
    silver

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rogue_Monk View Post
    Your wish is my command, though I sure you'd prefer someone else.

This one really came out of an idea for the last line, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done something similar already.
    Top Secret Chambers — RHL/Dr. Bath
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabbit slipped into the steamy room and leaned against the door, exhausted. All day she had been chased after by sycophantic courtiers, but now she had finally escaped to the privacy of her own bath and she was prepared to make the most of her rare break. Finally a chance to do everything herself; no one was in her bath waiting on her hand and foot.

She loosed the buttons on her gown, and sighed with happiness as the outer robe fell to the floor and the warm steam coiled around her. A voice interrupted her pleasant revere. “Please keep those clothes on, miss.” Rabbit looked around in alarm, had an attendant somehow managed to infiltrate the top-secret sauna? What was a parrot doing perched on the edge of the tub?

“Excuse me? But, who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my private chambers!” The queen’s pent up anger spilled out at this unknown parrot and soon she was yelling at the top of her lungs. “Miss,” Came the voice. “Lower your voice miss, lower your voice!” It rang with authority and made Rabbit pause; she had never been spoken to that way.

“Why should I take orders from a parrot?” It sounded petulant, even to her. She was overwhelmed; everything was coming out wrong. She was surprised to realize that she wanted this strange parrot to like her, to respect her. “I’m sorry, that was childish. I apologize. I’m just so confused, what is a parrot doing in my very private bath?”

“He’s mine.” Said the voice. “And I accept your apology.” Rabbit had to look around again. “Who?” She asked. “Mine,” Replied the voice gently. “The bath’s.” Rabbit cocked her extravagant eyebrow. “You expect me to believe that?” Her heart was beating faster, why was it beating faster? What was going on?

“I do, miss.” Two golden orbs suddenly appeared at the top of the tub, golden eyes looking out at her. The most beautiful eyes in the world. Rabbit shook her head—what had come over her? —And looked away from the deep penetrating eyes.

“Ah, yes,” She stammered. “Now, this will sound awkward, but I really need a bath; would you mind if…” She tapered off. She was being to forward; he would reject her and… then what? “I mean, only if it isn’t awkward, of course,” “I wouldn’t mind at all.” Said the bath. “In fact, I would be honored for a queen to bath in me.”

Rabbit smiled with joy and let her inner robes drop to the floor as she eased into the perfect, gently steaming water.
    That was amusing.
    But... *Nitpick mode, activate!*
    The last 'bath' should be 'bathe'.
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Not to be an impatient whatsit, but how's the index coming? ...
    Its not. As my laptop is dead, I'm reduced to posting with my Wii.

Also, an interesting take. Oddly, Bath hasn't really been a traditional bath tub before, methinks.

— Iain S. Thomas

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I... uh.... I've been terrified to start chatting on this thread...

Well... hello...

A lot of the shipping has been very good. I wish I could write such things myself. I would make a fortune!

I think I should stick to epic adventure...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-09-05 at 12:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, we won't bite you or anything, TBW. In fact, if you write a good shipfic, we'll stamp your forehead in bright, red ink, that says,

Approvable Content
    This avatar by Phase.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I wish I could write such things myself. I would make a fortune!
    What? There's a fortune to be had?

Why has no one advised me of this?

Where do I sign up for my fortune? Details please!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Hey, we won't bite you
    Except for me. I do, infact, bite.

— Iain S. Thomas

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Except for me. I do, infact, bite.
    I don't mind a little biting...

But as for the fortune (because I don't know yet how to quote multiple people in the same post) you would be surprised the kind of things that people will publish and read. If you can imagine it, there is probably a market for it somewhere.

And now someone will probably write a bit about RHL biting me. Like Quest for the Holy Grail.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-09-05 at 12:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh well. She'll bite you.
    I'll stamp you.

And I could actually publish these stories somewhere?
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

... Completely derailing for a moment...
    Hey, you live in Norman! I'm in Tulsa! =O

— Iain S. Thomas

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Mmm. I would try to post a shipfic, except I feel really uncomfortable trying to write someone else. Unless there is anyone who really wants me to write them...I'll think about it.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

TBW?

Lock your doors. NOW.

()
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I could do a decent shipfic, I just haven't gotten to know enough people here well enough yet... I'm working on that though!

I consider myself a pretty decent writer, after all.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't know anyone when I started, and now I've shipped half the playground. So... just start. The more you write, the easier it gets.

((Says the person who hasn't posted anything new in over a week... but it's only because I've been sick...))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

What? You're sick as well? Bugs are going around IRL and itP.
    This avatar by Phase.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    What? You're sick as well? Bugs are going around IRL and itP.
    Internet Transmitted Diseases. Figures the Ship thread woul get hit.

— Iain S. Thomas

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Its not. As my laptop is dead, I'm reduced to posting with my Wii.

Also, an interesting take. Oddly, Bath hasn't really been a traditional bath tub before, methinks.
    My offer still holds true. I am incredibly lazy and everything but if you decide to take me up on it, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I didn't know anyone when I started, and now I've shipped half the playground. So... just start. The more you write, the easier it gets.

((Says the person who hasn't posted anything new in over a week... but it's only because I've been sick...))
    Aw, you poor thing.

Want me to lay my hands on you?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

No bugs. No contagion. It's the accursed migraines that I've had nearly every frickin day for the past month.

But I see my doctor on Monday, and I'll be requesting a referral to a specialist. So hopefully I will get some answers soon.

@^: Anytime, babe!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-09-05 at 01:19 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh jeeze... That's a good deal worse...
    This avatar by Phase.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

I'll take that as a hint I should start with you... paired with whom... thats the only real question.