New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Ebberon DnD 3.5e 8 man party

Anju d'Deneith

Anju finished his pint and grabbed his kitbag. This was more like it, a chance to show his colours. He was in such a hurry he almost forget his manners, holding the door open for the young lady who had confronted the heckler. She had courage, and that impressed him. He should say something suitably ... it was then that he realised she had run past and was already calling out to the group ahead. He cursed himself for a fool, and raced to catch up.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Jamben Graveltoes

Jamben's was just getting ready to launch into a detailed and long-winded tirade about just what he'd do to the perpetrator of such a heinous act, when he noticed Marto had moved off.

"When I'm done with... Hey, wait? I didn't mean... hold on!"

He quickly caught up with Marto and the barkeep, following them out the door and apparently trailing a few other adventurers in his wake.

3. - Top - End - #33

Alaric ran up to his room to grab his weapons first, then he went back down, struggling to shove the chainshirt over his head. Finally Alaric was going to see some type of adventure, even though it was a murder.

4. - Top - End - #34

Default Delano d'Vadalis

"I didn't take you for an adventurer, Miss," Delano said, pleased that the young woman had decided to follow. Although a grim look crossed his features as the party spilled outside, he held the door open for her and continued, "murder within a noble house. I wonder if I should be worried?" His grim look faded into a smile as he babbled yet more, "I am from house Vadalis, as you may know. I was rather popular in the Foalswood estate as a Fool. If I may be so bold... are you from a noble house, m'lady?"
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-28 at 01:15 PM.
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

(ooc) I don't believe Lucy's said her name out loud Colonel, just to let you know (/ooc)

Listening to the heckler as he droned on about his noble heritage whilst seemingly trying to get on her good side, Lucy had to turn her head away from him a little so he wouldn't notice her rolling her eyes.

"Noble? Me? Hah! I'm from a town a ways off of this place; though I was pretty well known round there if I do say so myself. But still, research and materials and such don't buy themselves, so I need to take odd jobs now and then to keep my money well off, or else I'd never get anything done!"

Continuing to walk besides the man, Lucy realised she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm Lucy by the way, Lucy Brickstone. Yourself?"

6. - Top - End - #36

Default Delano Wrine d'Vadalis

"My name is Delano Wrine d'Vadalis, heir to the tiger breeding program," he says the last part with an obviously fake enthusiasm.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Lucy. From what i've seen of you so far, I'm sure that you are from a champion line, no matter if it is noble or not."
    (ooc) I was talking to somebody, and they said that I should have ranks in perform(comedy), because it covers sarcasm as well as other forms of foolery. so, that's why I changed it. (/ooc)
    Look! It's me!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

"Nope! We weren't any legendary combatents; What we were famous for was for craftsmanship! You try to find a better smith in this city than the one standing before you right here Delly, and you'll fail miserable. But don't get me wrong, I could still shove my spear through anyone who tries to run one of his works through me!"

Clearly passionate about her work, Lucy's face only gets fiercer the more she talks.

8. - Top - End - #38

Delroy smiles jovially at the firebrand and continues walking, noting that she had a champion's line indeed. In this world, there needs to be someone other thatn those scheming Canniths making things, he thought grimly, and turns to the leader of the party.
    "Well, you won't find any of us debating that. Tell me, friend Halfling, do you know anyone who wishes you harm?"
    Look! It's me!

9. - Top - End - #39

There is only one that I can think of but i think they are long since dead and no one passed the cult on. But I think there is one based in Eldeen Reaches, a bunch of fanatics, who probably are trying to kill me for starting a timber business there. Even though it was only there for a year they find that i disturbed the "natural essence" their or some crazy idea like that. the halfling says taking you to his house.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Druids, if I were to guess. But the druids I've known have been civil enough, even if they disagreed with you. Which, if you were of a modern mindset, they often did, but that's beside the point. Do you really think they'd want to kill you? Did they threaten you before?"

11. - Top - End - #41

Yes many times. Even killing some of my workers. Altough i think not all of them were of druid nature. I think I saw some warriors and spell casters too. They were gnoll, orc, goblin, kobold, half elves too, humans, and some evil gnomes. he said trying to recall the memories.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"That's a diverse group", Jamben notes, scratching his stubbly chin. "Sounds like you stumbled into something quite large. So what happened at your house? Did you see them kill your family, or did you just find them..." He pauses for a moment, not sure how to put it delicately, "...dead?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter

As they approach the house, Walter begins looking around closely for clues, though he still listens to the conversation, and adds a question of his own.

"Well, if it might have been them, you have any clues about them? Standard attack methods, symbols, anything?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Search check - (1d20+3)[6] If there's enough time, he'll eventually take 20. Looking for any messages, any emblems, anything that a merchant's family is unlikely to possess.

14. - Top - End - #44

Well.... I was out getting some food to cook for dinner it took me about an hour to 3 hours, what can i say i like food, and when i came back there it was. Now enough about this tell me about yourselves since you are helping me figuring this out.

Sucrose you find some trees carved into the house, easy-to-see footprints of the monsters he described, and a little note on the ground that says
    Spoiler
    Show

Search ye far..
    Or search ye near..
    Ye'll never find us where the trees are many....
    But where the buildings are many....
    We will make all Khorvaire to nature and ruins of......

The end is torn off as if the don't want you to know what he wrote.
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-08-28 at 08:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter ir'Lanan

"I'm a former soldier from Breland. My name is Walter."

Seemingly not caring to elaborate any further, he lifts the note for all to see, and adds,

"I think it's a pretty fair bet that the people you described are the ones who did this."

After handing the scrap of paper to the nearest of the other investigators, he makes an effort to keep the rest away from the tracks, so they don't scuff them up.

"We probably should try to follow these. Barring that, we could make impressions of them, to see how they compare to any other humanoids' feet."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-08-28 at 10:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jamben looks at the ground but sees not much more than dirt and stone. "Footprints?", he asks, taking a nervous step back, afraid of disrupting any evidence.

He then turns back to Marto. "You don't remember me, Marto? We met, what, five years ago. Has it been five years already? We were at the Gatherhold; I think you were there on vacation with your brother and his family..."

The evoker notices the confused look on the distraught halfling's face. "Oh nevermind." He flourishes and bows, "Jamben Graveltoes, magical marksman, at your service."

17. - Top - End - #47

"My name is Delano, noble scion of house Vadalis, heir to the tiger breeding program, and fool of intrinsic talent for comedy."
    Delano looks a little worried at the tracks, and looks at the note, trying to remember if the rhyme might have been used before...

(ooc) I guess i'll bardic knowledge around in my head for random clues. (1d20+3)[19] Guess not.(/ooc)

He thought maybe it was close to a rhyme he had heard before, but it was most likely a coincidence. His attention was momentarily distracted by two dogs sniffing about his heels, but he quickly smiled and ruffled their heads.
    "Ah, Sol and Luna, good to see you back. And, these are my dogs, Sol and Luna, of course."
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-29 at 02:16 AM.
    Look! It's me!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

"The name's Lucy Brickstone, foreign craftswoman extrodianairre. Want something made, anytime any place, have the materials and the downpayment and I'll craft it up for ya!"

As solving problems wasn't her forte, Lucy decided to leave the majority of it to the others for as long as needed. She then spotted Delano's dogs, squealed in awe and moved to pet them both, not bother to ask whether they were friendly or not.

(ooc) I'm hoping they're friendly at least, unless Lucy gets a nip on the hand Colonel? (/ooc)

19. - Top - End - #49

(ooc)They're nice unless I tell them not to be nice... bwahaha! I almost named them Maher and Carlin, but I didn't know if it would be appreciated here...(/ooc)
    Look! It's me!

20. - Top - End - #50

MindFlayer

Anju d'Deneith

Anju shouldered his javelin as he introduced himself to the assembled group.

"Anju d'Deneith, warmage in the service of the crown of Aundair, at your service."

He bows

"Friend halfling, I pledge my weapons to your cause - I will bring vengeance down on your enemies or die in the attempt."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Enyo ir'Bellona

"Aundarian warmage? PFEG!" you hear a voice from the door followed by the sound of spitting. Standing in the doorway is a large human, with burn scars covering much of his face and neck, but particularly bad around the eyes. Much of his wild mane of hair is black, with patches of ashy gray throughout, he wears the mustache of a gentleman of Cyre, but there is a murky gleam in his eye that negates whatever gentility might have once existed.

"Better to trust a Valenar elf after you've pissed in his campfire than one of them." The man steps forward, powerful as a bear. He wears a breastplate and portions of armor made from the carapaces of giant insects and a heavy wooden shield is slung over his shoulder where a backpack and small-quiver reside. Within the quiver two javelins extrude. A bandolier of darts crosses the breastplate to the waist where a club and scimitar hang on opposite sides of the belt.

"I am Enyo ir'Bellona. Child of Winter. I come to help those worthy prepare for the coming Winter preluded by the Day of Mourning. I heard you needed help, so here I am."
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

22. - Top - End - #52

Delano's hackles rose at this man's stare. The Children of Winter... his house tried to have as good of relations as possible with all druids, but the Children of Winter always made him extremely uneasy.
    "Hail, friend Enyo. We will all be working together, I presume, so let us be civil."
    Look! It's me!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Enyo ir'Bellona

Enyo bows to the speaker. "I will be civil," he says, only a hint of sneer in his voice as a tone of diplomacy slides into his speech. "But that doesn't mean I trust him any further than I can throw... Well, nevermind that, I will abide," he says with a sigh. "You are Vadalis?" he inquires.

24. - Top - End - #54

MindFlayer

Anju d'Deneith

Anju bristled at the man's words.

"You sir, and I use the term loosely, are mistaken. We have no need of any help that you could provide. Aundair produces men who's words can be trusted, not wild men who live in the woods and wait for the end of the world. Thank you sir, and good day to you."

The warmage stood facing the druid, a fierce anger in his eyes, as well as hint of satisfaction at a chance to prove himself.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Ooookay, then," Jamben interjects, rolling his eyes. "How about we see about tracking these footprints and finding those responsible for this massacre? Then we can take out our aggression on them instead of each other, perhaps?"

26. - Top - End - #56

Delano purposefully walks to the opposite end of the druid's vision, so as to draw his eyes away from the fiery arcanist, and says, "Yes, I am. My name is Delano, and my dragonmark is of a most noble line. Come now, let us quit our conversation and listen to the problem at hand."
    Look! It's me!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Enyo ir'Bellona

The druid glares back at the Aundairian. "I wait for nothing, fool. I seek to help those who prove worthy prepare themselves for the coming Winter," he says calmly enough, though an undercurrent of emotion seems to seethe below the surface.

Enyo turns towards Delano. "Course. Please continue. You've my attention," he says as he turns his back on the warmage.

28. - Top - End - #58

"Very good. Do you have any experience from the wild that can help you track these beasts?"
    Look! It's me!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter

The old soldier fixes the snarker with a quick, hard glare.

"They ain't beasts. I served beside some bloody good goblin mercs back in the War."

Seemingly paying attention to Enyo for the first time, Walter just shrugs and says,

"If you're here to help, you're welcome. It was your sorts who did this, so you might know what this means."

He hands Enyo the scrap that he found.

"Any ideas?"

30. - Top - End - #60

MindFlayer

Anju d'Deneith

The warmage is still bristling at his treatment from the druid. He walks up to him so he can look him in the eye.

"Enyo ir'Bellona, I am willing to put your slur aside whilst we aid this poor halfling, but once he has been helped, honour will be satisfied."