New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: New nation game IC

Tassadar picked up a psionic cliboard, and looked at the resoruce charts of his nation, they would have to burn out some of the coal mines, but they could deffintely spare a couple tons of grain, and some tons of fruit. (the protoss absorb most energy they need from psionic meditation.)
    "We will give you a ton of grain, and three tons of fruit, in exchange for a ton of iron, if this is to steep we will take a small outpost near our borders."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-28 at 04:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

This is a fair deal, we will take it....

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"We are also interested in dealing with you, dear ambassador of Kerenf. We have coal, gold and obviously grain to offer you. Like the Tassadarians, we'd like some of your iron."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Blackburn of Ithacoli comes into the room. "Sorry I was late, you wouldn't believe the traffic."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hearing all the trading going on, the Baron steps forward Well, for say.....10% of the traded goods in question, I would gladly transport them in my airships, I asure you that you will be pleased with my promt service.
    Last edited by detrevnisisiht; 2008-08-29 at 02:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karadax speaks up. "I will make a counter offer. For half of what the Baron charges I will transport goods using a Dragon Net. It will be as fast, if not faster, and will be obviously much cheaper."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-08-29 at 04:50 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, that will service the people sharing a landmass with you, who are trading with people also on your land. My offer however, comes in addition to a one time pardon on the normally heavy fines imposed for crossing airspace owned my myself. However, if, in addition to undercharging them you will pay the fine yourself, then I shall allow you to go about your business.

8. - Top - End - #38

Karadax's eyes smolder, literally, a somewhat unnerving, unpleasant experience for anyone under that gaze. The Baron finds himself squarely under said glare. "You claim to own sections of the sky?" He asks this quietly.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes sir, I do. I claim to own the sky just as you might claim to own a forest in which you attain lumber, or a road in your land. How might you feel if I burn your forests, or destroyed your roads for stone?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Slowly rising from his chair for the first time that any of you can remember the elven ambasitor begins to speak.
    "You young ones have yet to learn that you do not own the world; two thousand times have I seen the leaves turn in the forest and I have seen few outside the elves who understand this.
    The elves are here to share what we have learned and protect what we belive in. While we have plentiful food, we belive it is better to teach others how to produce more food without harming the world we have been given. As for the wood you seek, nothing rivals our shyr os eindraer."
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-08-29 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Baron turns to the ambassador. And what need would we have for learning to create food? If the world belongs to no one, as you do claim, then I will march my men right up to your groves and take as much of the crop as I wish. because the crop is not yours as the trees and vines in which food may grow are as much a part of the world as the sky above our heads.

12. - Top - End - #42

Karadax's face twists into a decided glare at the baron, both at his pompous claim of ownership and disrespectful comments to the elven diplomat. "Fool boy! You do not, nay, cannot own the sky, for you have no right to it, nor ability to enforce that right. My people flew the skies long before yours had become comfortable with the concept of walking erect. Your domain is the land and sea. The sky is beyond your reach. Feel free to call yourselves what you like-my people will continue to use the sky as we may, just as you may use it as you will. There will be no tax on flight. Try it. We will do what is necessary to protect our birthright. Speak not so foolishly to your elders."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

The baron flashes a smile. I meant no disrespect to you or any of the others here, I simple wished to correct your flawed theory of ownership. Your birthright is of no matter to me. My ancestors created the great empire which I rule today, and they have always thought to enforce a crossing toll on the skies above us as well as on the seas below us. Who are you to say that my birthright to continue such a way of life is any less "right" than your claim to the sky?

OOC:this is going to be fun.

14. - Top - End - #44

((OOC: Oh yes. Speaking of which, do we have an ooc thread yet? It might be useful...))

Karadax composes himself. "I am not saying that your birthright is void. Your claim to the seas and land you rule is legitimate. It is just that you have far less of claim than my people do, and we will enforce our claim. We do not charge you taxes for flying, but we well could if that was our desire. You can and shall do nothing to us."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

You claim my birthright is not void, yet you disallow me from imposing laws in my own country? Perhaps if you traveled the seas by yourself I would let the fine be waived. But when you try to circumvent the tolls that the people of my nation depend on I must take a stand.

16. - Top - End - #46

Karadax grits his teeth, and marches over to the Baron's position, looming over his opponent. "I agree. Your claim isn't void, we just have a claim that is much stronger in every way, shape, and form. And we lay claim to the whole sky, since we can reach it without the need for machines, or magic. Such has it been for millenia, so shall it be now. As for subverting tolls...how dare you. How dare you claim that our motivation would be monetary. My people are bound totally by honor. We wouldn't take a different, longer route because it was cheaper. For us, flying is faster and easier than sailing, and I suggested it before I even knew of the existence of your ridiculous 'tolls'."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ridiculous?" Sir, kindly tell me how you work to put food in the mouths of your people, which I assume you care greatly about. For if my method of ataining what my people need is ridiculous than I submit to you that, whatever it may be, your method is nothing but Hogwash.

If the money from tolls was just to line my pockets I would have submitted to you much sooner, as I can see the strength in your eyes. But my people depend on the toll revenues.

18. - Top - End - #48

"Threats will not change our views; but just because you don't understand does not meant you don't have a point. Each of us has a right to a home, a right to share it with who we wish and a right to protect it.
    Infact that is one of the reasons the elves are present here today."
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-08-30 at 07:48 AM.
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.

19. - Top - End - #49

Karadax bends over, putting his face level with the Baron's. "I feed my people through honest trade and what precious little we can get from the land. You skim from the hard work of others. I pass no judgements in that regard; tolls are fine. But the sky is now and shall remain free. Clearly we have different expectations and beliefs of ownership, but if you want to get tolls, you will need to take them. By force."
    He straightens and walks away.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

I did not mean it as a threat, I know you own your groves. I was just making a point. While having a world devoid of personal ownership where everyone could take what they needed without needing payment would certainly be a world I would like to like in, the world contains many nations. Conflict will occur on occasion, and their is very little we can do about it. I am sure that in your many years of wisdom you have seen world unity be tried and destroyed from within. For even if you could gather and unite the majority, the minority which will always find a way to oppose the rest will be found.

EDIT:^The Baron runs up to Karadax. No, wait. This is not the time for threats, I do not wish to see a war. My people need the tolls to keep our ships in repair and to purchase large amounts of fruits which are necessary for the prevention of scurvy, Perhaps we can negotiate something that we can both be happy with? I will cease my tolls on the sky, and relinquish all claim to it. If you would refrain from transporting people across the ocean. for in doing that you would be starving my people's economy and lifestyle
    Last edited by detrevnisisiht; 2008-08-30 at 08:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Karadax holds up his hands in a gesture of ascent. "I had no intentions to transport people. I will only transport goods. I have no desire to begin a transportation business."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you wish to transport the goods this once? Or will the offer of your dragon nets be extended beyond the trade agreements of this meeting?

23. - Top - End - #53

"While transportation does not concern us; I see what is confusing you. The reason that none own land is that we mearly live on this earth and without the blessing of Baresi we would not. So it is the duty of each person to respect the world and return it to how it was when they where born. We call this Si Shae os Shalali, The Way of Balance.
    Now as for as for ownership as long as you repay Baresi for her gifts what you build can be considered yours."
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-08-30 at 09:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Karadax nods. "Dragon Nets are the most efficient way of transporting goods I have, so I use them. That is my way of trading just as a caravan or trading ship might be used."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

So you claim to destroy only half of what my nation stands for, Only myself and few others can build ships capable of navigate and surviving the large ocean. So Greatport City has become a large merchant city. and all of the 20,000 souls living there depend on incoming merchants. You seek to take that from me as apposed to my tolls? Take your goods as you will but leave the other nations to their own devices.

26. - Top - End - #56

Karadax smiles slightly. "All but three. Of my choice and their offer. Acceptable?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

(don't quite understand what your saying their.)

28. - Top - End - #58

((Karadax reserves the right to carry goods for three nations. Of course, this is open to negotiation...))

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... The Baron ponders this offer for a moment. How about two? Or this, I will allow you three in exchange for a military treaty, If my nation should head into war I would call on you for your mastery of the air.

30. - Top - End - #60

Karadax extends a hand. "Done. Should you battle any but an ally of mine, we will aid you. Otherwise, we will not aid either side."