New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Scaled Exile

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Scaled Exile

(to further get you guys excited, I will now provide you all with the setting up to the point of where you guys will 'enter')

All of you sit out in the sun, absorbing the light. There were few clouds and the sun felt wonderful. Life in the wet lands meant safety, but it also meant that there weren't a lot of places that you could get sun like this. All of you had known each other for some time; you met through Chief Thriz'ra, one way or the other. You can't be cronies without meeting the other ones. Thriz'ra was a good leader, and gained respect through intimidation and negotiations, not destruction and out right threats. Their land was perhaps meager, but it was their land and they didn't die off so fast anymore. In the Thriz'ra's 35 year rule almost two dozen tribe members actually died of old age, a concept almost foreign to most tribes. Today was midsummer, which besides a feast, meant the tribe meeting. The tribe meeting was always something dramatic: fights may occur, rallies that take the tribe into a war with a known ally; when you're lucky, all that happens is some property damage. Sometimes people die in the chaos, but most people refer to this saying 'if you have to die, that is the way to go' (there really isn't much more logic to this than that it's thrilling). You left the haze of anticipation to have some time together before everything started.

So there you lay; relaxing before the most exciting day of the year on the branches of a old, dead tree. For the moment, the world was clear and simple. For the moment, you hadn't a care in the world...
    Last edited by paladin_carvin; 2008-09-16 at 12:52 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

wink Re: Scaled Exile

Tatzlwurm got up and waded out into the muddy waters nearby. He looked intently on the fish as they swim. Soon he reached out a hand and waved it in a motion of power and muttered a few words of power in draconic. In the next instant a beam of light shaped like the head and neck of a red dragon lept from his finger and struck one of the fish killing it(magic missile). Tatz brought the dead fish back to the others and began cleaning it.

Survival Check -> (1d20+4)[14]

"So, What do you think will be discussed in the meeting? Father always keeps me in the dark. Of course he tells Krackshik everything. He's grooming him to succeed him, but he never stops to think of what would happen if Krackshik fell in battle. Would I be ready to rule? No."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Scaled Exile

Xanitac thinks for a moment, then replies "Krackshik is a strong warrior. There is no need to worry about his death. As for the meeting, I don't know what will be discussed, only that it will be an important announcement"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

::I'm assuming the survival is about the fishing. Consider yourself to have a cleaned fish, ready to eat. You can cook it for flavor, but raw meat doesn't bother LF or Kobolds::

::Knowledge you all know: Krackshik is the Captain of the tribe militia. He's competant and has served the Chief for half of his leadership.

::Anyone can roll a knowledge:nobility, knowledge:local or gather information (will be considered to be performed earlier in the day) for more information::

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Chotek listened, half asleep, as the others discussed the merits of captain Krackshik. He stretched his muscles and got up with the help of his quarterstaff.

"I don't know Krackshik too well, but he seems to be reliable. Don't worry too much about this, Talz. What could possibly threaten our tribe?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

::More Tribe Info::

::There are celebrations starting now, but you are out here because you want some time away from that. It's very busy 'in town' as you it's called. Most of the tribe doesn't stay 'in town' (which itself moves with the seasons) but goes out to hunt, trade, scout and more. This meeting of course has everyone back 'in town' and to the few that rarely leave it's a bit stifling::

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Don't want to see this game die. paladin_carvin, are things getting better for you?)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

(Yes, things are finally on the upswing. Please, post away! I'm actually kind of curious about the lack of posting... did I not respond to something?)

(Edit: Oh, if it isn't obvious, this is your 'meet at the tavern'; that is, this is where you guys build on who you are and how you relate. This is much more natural and ingrained to the story, since you aren't meeting for the first time due to fate. When you decide to move on with the plot, go on 'into town')
    Last edited by paladin_carvin; 2008-09-23 at 10:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Tatzlwurm sits down and enjoys a meal of raw fish.

"Well whatever it is I think I'll get some peace and quiet out here before heading into that loud mess(indicates the loud and bizarre festivities playing out "in town"). I just hope I get to play a more active part in this meeting than I did in the last couple."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Hi guys, I'm sorry, I lost the thread and have been really busy. I've got an assignment due tonight, but I should get a post in at like 1 am. )

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killsauce View Post
    Tatzlwurm sits down and enjoys a meal of raw fish.

"Well whatever it is I think I'll get some peace and quiet out here before heading into that loud mess(indicates the loud and bizarre festivities playing out "in town"). I just hope I get to play a more active part in this meeting than I did in the last couple."
    ::In the distance, towards town, you hear a few shouts. You are familiar with it, as it is the way one is greeted in town when you've been gone for a while; everyone gives a 'rooha!' at one time::

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: I am going to take a policy that I have decided to take in my at-the-table game: I will make a description of time passing and it will be so unless someone stops it; ie, makes a post saying they want to still do something. I will show you an example with this post. The info in the post will effect the game, unless of course someone stops it)

::Time drifts on till dusk settles in and the smell of cooked meat is so thick in the air that it can not be ignored. It is time to eat, and this will be mighty feast.::