Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 183
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Speaking out of shadows that seemed empty a moment ago, The Savage mutters "I know nothing of such things...explain?"
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-08-31 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Aliam

    The factotum nods, "Something of alchemy... useful for many effects, though the books aren't all clear on all of them." He glances around, "If nobody else wishes to carry it, I will add it to my haversack and we can discuss its division with any other spoils we may find."

    If someone expresses a preference for carrying it, Aliam will let them; otherwise, he will carefully remove it from the shield and stow it in his haversack.

    Aliam will then search each of the doors to the right and left for possible traps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search right door:(1d20+24)[31];search left door:(1d20+24)[43].
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    "No reason to wait," the Savage hisses. He shakes his head, stands, and walks to the left door, and pushes it open and steps through.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I have concealment, as the door is presumably 10 ft. away from me. I don't step through if, for example, the opposite end of the door is a gigantic cliff. Obviously.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sebastian

    Once he identifies the bauble he almost immediately decides it would be better if he held onto it as opposed to someone else handing the eldritch object. He quickly hides it away within the largest section of his pack which is magically enchanted in a similar manner as Aliam's.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Location:Location:
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    As the savage enters the room, he sees that it is about forty feet to a side and chains hang from the ceiling in dense clusters. Some bundles, about the size of a human, hang from some chains as well as litter the floor.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

    My meager homebrew


    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sebastian

    The scaled figure follows after the Savage, his eyes once again glowing blue as he not only allows his senses to push well beyond normal sight (blindsense 30ft) but glances around the new room in an effort to detect any magical auras, something he will most likely do in each new room unless obvious threats are presented.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Blue enters the room next, looking at the bundles in the chains. "I'm thinking these be the source of th' smell. No tellin' how long 'ey've been here."

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Incarnum3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    The tall, armored man enters the room behind the rest of the group, his face contorting into a mask of disgust.

    By Kord, what has done this?
    Thanks to Threeshades for the great avatar.


    Access to Boards will be inconsistent for a few weeks.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Location:Location:
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sebastian notes some auras from a pile of chains in the right corridor. Then suddenly he senses something above him descending very fast. Volakem and Aliam hear something akin to rattling chains and the shriek of metal on metal howls out as an eight-legged mass of chains drops from the ceiling. Made entirely of cruel hooks, barbed chains and jagged iron, its metal screams as it moves. The chains turn and twist on each other as knives and barbs dance. It lashes out at Jaume with one of its legs and scores a hit on his leg. (16 damage) it immediately begins to constrict the chain.

    Sebastian, Volakem and Aliam may act in the surprise round. Also, will everyone roll fort saves and could Jaume roll a grapple check please. Initiative too while you're at it.
    Last edited by SilentNight; 2008-09-04 at 06:36 PM.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

    My meager homebrew


    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[19]
    Fort save?: (1d20+5)[17]
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Incarnum3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple:(1d20+18)[30]
    Fort Save:(1d20+13)[22]
    Initiative:(1d20+7)[14]
    Thanks to Threeshades for the great avatar.


    Access to Boards will be inconsistent for a few weeks.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sebastian

    Seeing the threat Sebastian acts almost on impulse, drawing in a long breath that causes his copper scales to crackle with electrical energy. Knowing that he had already prepared his allies with defenses against his breath weapons he allows the breath to stew within him for a moment as it twists and changes. A moment later a line of lightning blasts through the chain beast and seems to grasp at it as though trying to hold it down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[20]
    Fort save: (1d20+19)[22]
    Dragonborn Breath Weapon. Line of Electricity. Entangling Exhalation.
    Dragon Cincture increases damage to 6d6. Exhalation halves this.
    Electricity Damage: (3d6)[13] Ref DC 37 (including a +1 from holding an electrically charged weapon and +9 from Heightened Breath)
    The creature takes one half the above damage each round for 30 rounds unless it takes a full round action to remove it by making another Reflex save at the same DC (37). Rolling on the ground gives a +2 bonus to this save.
    If it takes any damage the creature is Entangled for (1d4)[1] rounds and takes (4d6)[5][5][1][4](15) (5) damage over the course of the Entanglement at the start of my turn. It is unclear if it is Entangled only on the initial breath or if the Clinging effect causes it to be Entangled each round.
    Entangled detailed below.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spellís level) or lose the spell.

    Sebastian must wait (1d4+39)[43] rounds to use this breath weapon again.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-09-05 at 02:49 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Aliam is unconcerned as someone else prefers to carry the stone, but is shocked when the savage simply pushes past him before he can make a careful examination of the door for traps.

    Idiot! Why bring a trap expert if you're not going to use him... that kind of stupidity is going to get him killed.

    As the monster drops on the party who all follow the savage into the room, Liam can only roll his eyes.

    I hate being right all the time.

    Aliam makes some gestures and strange sounding words.

    Let's see... I think I saw the wizard do it... like... THIS!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Haste on everyone in our party.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Blue reacts quickly, entering an unusual stance as soon as he hears the sound of grinding chains. He seems to be doing a sort of dance, stepping forward with one foot, then stepping back only to step forward into the exact same place with his other foot, causing his steps to have a sort of triangular formation.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save: (1d20+12=25)
    Surprise Initiative: (1d20+3=23)

    <Free> Enter Ginga.
    <Swift> Enter Assassin's Stance. +2d6 sneak attack.

    If the creature is too far away to strike
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Move>Blue will close with it, moving at most half his speed. <Free> Reenter Ginga after the movement.


    If the creature is of huge size or smaller and within striking distance
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Standard> Trip attempt
    Melee touch attack: (1d20+17=32) ((If this misses, I suggest we all run away screaming.))
    Trip strength check: (1d20+20=29) (Strength mod + int mod + size mod +2 ginga
    <Free> Attack provided by Improved Trip
    Kick attack/damage: (1d20+19=38, 3d6+7=17) (+4 from prone not included) ((Again, if this misses, we turn around and run))
    Sudden Strike/Sneak Attack: (3d6=15, 4d6=10) ((Apply the first roll if the target's flat footed. Apply the second if it's flat footed or flanked. A map would be helpful here.))


    If the creature is simply too big to reasonably hope to trip
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Standard> Kick attack. I'm using the same rolls as the previous spoiler for simplicity.
    Kick attack/damage: (1d20+19=38, 3d6+7=17)
    Sudden Strike/Sneak Attack: (3d6=15, 4d6=10) ((Apply the first roll if the target's flat footed. Apply the second if it's flat footed or flanked. A map would be helpful here.))
    Post-surprise Initiative: (1d20+3=21)
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-09-05 at 06:00 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sorry I'm late to this, thought that we were holding off on the IC for some reason

    Spoiler
    Show
    initiave(1d20+1)[21] fort save(1d20+13)[5](18) and grapple check(1d20+11)[24]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Location:Location:
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Reacting with the speed of light, Blue decides the creature is too enourmous to drop and instead dances forward and launches a kick straight to its side at which the spider lets out an unearthly shriek of scraping metal. Aliam recalls watching the wizard and speeds everyone up a bit. Sebastian's electricity strikes out at the thing, clinging to it and it spasms as the shocks continue to race through its system. Jaume however is hopelessly caught in the creature's grasp. As the din continues, Jamian and the savage hear it pounding its way into their brains and then suddenly they hear......nothing. (You are both deaf, first round starts now. I need Aliam's initiative.)

    1.Volakem
    2.Jamian (Deaf)
    3.Sebastian
    4.The Savage (Also Deaf)
    5.Jaume (16 damage)
    6.Spider
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

    My meager homebrew


    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    The savage's face breaks into a huge grin. Suddenly he twists sideways, dropping one hand to the ground as he begins to change. His entire body thickens and ripples as the muscles stretch and harden. His hair grows out until it covers his face, with bright green cat eyes glaring through. Small claws extend from each finger as the change finishes.

    He darts forwards and to the side, growling in excitement, kukri still in his hands, remaining on two feet for the moment, but bent at an odd angle as the shadows curl around him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting into hybrid form. This requires a DC 15 control shape check, a skill which I have +17 in. No roll necessary, I believe. Standard action.

    Going to move 10 feet to the side so I gain concealment, as I'm still in Child of Shadows stance and have decided not to change it. Stupid construct no sneak attack or critical hits on that.

    Stat changes:

    Size increases to large (-1 to hit, -1 AC, +4 grapple, -4 hide)
    Speed remains 30 ft.
    Natural Armor bonus increases to +5 (+a further 1 from amulet)
    Gain DR/silver 5
    Gain two claw attacks +15 (1d8+9) and bite +10 (2d6+4), gain Rake
    +12 strength, +4 dex, +6 con (AC doesn't go up from dex: Chain Shirt max dex AC is +4)
    Saves increase to +8, +11, +10
    Attacks increase to:
    +15/+10 (1d4+2d6 vicious (or not) +1d6 element +10)
    Bonus 1d10 damage of appropriate element on critical (15-20)
    Still takes damage from vicious, although reduced by DR.

    This means my saves are up as reads above, my AC increases to 28, and my attacks increase as above.

    Question: even if it's immune to criticals, do my flaming/shocking burst weapons still go off?
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-09-06 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Location:Location:
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    No they won't go off if it's immune to crits but you never know unitl you try. I'll throw you a freebie and point out that Blue was able to sneak attack it.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

    My meager homebrew


    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Grinning as he blow seems to damage the creature, Blue does a quick spin in place--and suddenly, he is gone. Invisible and feeling the rush of speed from Aliam's spell, he begins his flurry of kicks by jumping into the air, twisting his body so that his is almost parallel to the ground. He spins about, extending his left leg as he does, thrusting his leg as he spins at the creature's side. He follows up with a similar kick from his right leg. He twists his body so that he is upright again as he lands, and aims two more kicks at the creature from the ground. He appears just as he ends this kick.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 146/146, AC: 30 (27 base + 1 haste + 2 ginga), Effects: Haste, Ginga, Assassin's Stance
    <Swift> Using Cloak of Deception boost. Improved Invisibility until the end of my turn.
    <Full round> Full attacking with 4 kicks.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-09-06 at 01:25 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Location:Location:
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said, you were able to sneak attack and sudden strike it in the surprise round, it's not flat-footed anymore though.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

    My meager homebrew


    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gah, you posted just as I started editing things. I thought that the sneak attack didn't do anything. Seeing as it does, it changes my actions considerably.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sebastian

    With his initial breath being admittedly less effective than he had planned he shifts to his carefully honed abilities that so closely match his reborn traits. Power begins to build deep within him as he draws yet another breath, forcing the stewing flames to twist and change. When he snaps his maw forward a cloud of heated gas spews forth to wash over the chain beast and cling to its frame. Against the highly charged field of hasting magic in the air it seems to be just the opposite.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonfire Adept Breath Weapon!
    Cone of Slow Gas! Fortitude save vs DC 27. Failure indicates it is slowed for two rounds. Success indicates one round.
    Entangling Exhalation! Since the weapon deals no damage entangling exhalation deals no further damage but this slowing breath will entangle the target for (1d4)[1] rounds! I'm getting horrible rolls on this...
    It also takes 6 electricity damage from Clinging Breath for this round and 29 more rounds until it removes it as a full round action, something it cannot do while Slowed.

    Allies are immune to the Slow and their Haste is unaffected
    Foe is Entangled, Slowed and taking Ongoing Damage.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-09-06 at 01:46 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Aliam

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+14)[32]


    Aliam, noting that this construct is made of living chains, ponders the internal friction that might be needed to hold together. On an inspired thought, he reaches into his bag and pulls out a container of lockslick, an oil so slippery it releases most locks completely. He scores the vial with his dagger and tosses it at the spider-thing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Throw: (1d20+9)[19]
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Incarnum3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Jaume curses under his breath as the creature sweeps him up. He struggles against the powerful creature's grasp, hoping to get loose so that he may repay the beast for the gash running down his leg.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:102/118, AC:34
    Grapple check to escape:(1d20+18)[21]
    Thanks to Threeshades for the great avatar.


    Access to Boards will be inconsistent for a few weeks.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Location:Location:
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    So incredibly sorry guys. I wanted to give Elonin time and then got hit by massive amounts of homework. Let's try and get back on track.


    Aliam pitches his vial which bursts upon the creature but doesn't seem to affect it at all. Volakem suddenly dissappears from sight but the group hears two thuds and the creature screams its grating wail. As Sebastian's breath settles over it it seems to jerk and then move as if in water. The Savage suddenly grows several feet to you surprise and darks forward, a flickering, furry shadow. Jaume fails to free his leg as the chain digs deeper (15 damage) and the creature ascends to the ceiling with him as the din drives him too deaf. (Provokes an attack of oppritunity from Volakem and the Savage.

    1.Aliam
    2.Volakem (invisible)
    3.Jamian (Deaf)
    4.Sebastian
    5.The Savage (Also deaf, shifted.)
    6.Jaume (31 damage, deaf) (25ft. off the floor with spider.
    7.Spider
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

    My meager homebrew


    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Sebastian

    As the man darted up after the spider with a burst of flame from his spectral wings the sound of a spring launching something into his hand filled the air. He drew in a long breath once more and allowed it to stew for a half moment before he brought up a wand that only recently hopped into his hand. When he sprayed forth a cone of flame it raged much brighter than it should have otherwise with a significant flare bursting forth from the wand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Breath Weapon: (7d6)[29]
    Reflex DC 27
    If the target fails their save they are also Blinded.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Being Grappled Jamian knows that his options are limited. He fumbles for the Sun Shard hanging at his neck aiming all four beams at the spidar who is holing him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing that these will be ranged touched attacks even though the description didn't say so. Beam 1(1d20+10)[16] if this hits (5d8)[8][3][3][3][3](20) beam 2 (1d20+10)[14] for (5d8)[4][4][7][7][3](25) beam 3(1d20+10)[20] for (5d8)[2][4][4][4][8](22) beam 4 (1d20+10)[22](5d8)[8][2][4][8][5](27).

    Also, If the spidar is light sensetive then these beams do 10d8. If that is the case then 1(5d8)[7][3][2][8][6](26)2(5d8)[6][5][1][5][7](24)3(5d8)[3][7][2][5][3](20)4(5d8)[5][4][1][8][7](25)

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cloak of Deception only lasts for Blue's turn; that's why I described Blue appearing at the end of his attack routine. He's not invisible anymore.

    As the creature begins to ascend, taking Jaume with it, Blue grabs at it, trying to get a hold of it so he can stay with it and perhaps help Jaume get down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 146/146, AC: 30 (27 base + 1 haste + 2 ginga), Effects: Haste, Ginga, Assassin's Stance

    Attack of Opportunity--attempt to start a grapple. Just trying to grab hold, not control it, of course.

    ((If that works))

    Blue keeps his hold as well as he can and begins kicking at the spider, trying to target the area where Jaume is grappled in hopes of getting it to drop him.

    ((If that didn't work))

    Blue frowns as the beast moves upwards. He looks around. If there's a wall nearby, he will sprint towards it and up it for a distance before leaping off and at the creature. If no walls are available, he'll simply leap upwards from where he stands. At the end of the jump, he gathers shadow energy into his fist and attempts to slam it into the creature, sapping it of its strength.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Jump. If there is a wall within 20', he will attempt to Walk the Walls as far up that wall as he can before jumping.
    Vertical jump: (1d20+35=44)

    Standard action: Strength Draining Strike. I'm going to use the first attack I rolled before for simplicity.
    Unarmed attack/damage 1: (1d20+16=30, 3d6+7=18)
    Take 4 strength damage, DC 15 fort save for half.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-09-13 at 10:43 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    Oops. Forgot to factor the -4 for attacking within a grapple. I'm guessing that since the spidar doesn't have dex for being in a grapple my attacks have a decent chance to hit anyhow.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Throughout the planes group A

    The Savage growls as the monstrosity rises towards the ceiling, and lashes once with a kukri from the blackness curling around him at a trailing chain leg.

    Spoiler
    Show

    To hit: (1d20+15)[34]
    Crit confirm, if necessary: (1d20+15)[21]

    Weapon/magic damage and strength: (1d4+10)[12]
    Vicious damage, shocking burst damage: (2d6)[7] (1d6)[5]

    Shocking burst crit damage, if necessary: (1d10)[1]

    Vicious damage to Cylan: (1d6-5)[-4]

    Yeah, that's definitely a crit. Unless it's AC is higher than 21, that deals (12 x2) +7 +5 +1 = 37.

    Vicious deals none to me.

    Totally knew I was gonna get that crit, because I wasn't in Blood in the Water stance yet, and that's just how it works. Ah well.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-09-14 at 03:36 AM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •